Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: strester vs. genetics: the White FLOOD log

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Day14: March 27, 2007
    Cardio & Core

Cardio:
    25min ArcTrainer (cardio pre-program)

Back Extensions:
    BWx12 - BWx10 - BWx10

Cable Crunches:
    100x20 - 110x20 - 110x20

Notes: Slept in this morning (about 9.5hrs total). Crazy dreams from the WB lastnight. Took WF on an empty stomach as soon as I got up, got dressed and then headed to the gym with a mix of 2 scoops of Xtend and about 20g of dextrose that I sipped on during the workout. Face tingling was nuts. Only took about 5-10min to feel it. Energy was good and the 25min flew right by. Did another 10min walk on the incline treadmill before I left just to keep the sweat going. Gonna try and do some yard work this afternoon for a second set of cardio (lots to be done). Legs tomorrow assuming I'm not burned out from what I did today - which wasn't very much.
    jdouchebag for president

Been following your log, really nice work -- just a quick question I forgot to ask you...how many calories are you consuming daily? Figured I'd ask since we are about the same height/weight and seem to have similar goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mos Jeff
    Been following your log, really nice work -- just a quick question I forgot to ask you...how many calories are you consuming daily? Figured I'd ask since we are about the same height/weight and seem to have similar goals.

not really sure what my calories are, to be completely honest ... just plug in everything from my first post with my usual meals into fitday and that should give you a pretty good idea ... this is the first time I haven't really been obsessed about tracking calorie intake

I just make sure to get in lots of protein and at least 3 shakes a day, on off days I lower the amount of carbs I consume and just add more protein to my meals, and on Lower workout days I make sure to get an extra cup of oatmeal in before I go to work in the morning

seems to be paying off cuz I'm looking bigger and bit leaner ... sorry I couldn't be more specific in my answer, but thanks for following along
    jdouchebag for president

Quote Originally Posted by strester
    not really sure what my calories are, to be completely honest ... just plug in everything from my first post with my usual meals into fitday and that should give you a pretty good idea ... this is the first time I haven't really been obsessed about tracking calorie intake

I just make sure to get in lots of protein and at least 3 shakes a day, on off days I lower the amount of carbs I consume and just add more protein to my meals, and on Lower workout days I make sure to get an extra cup of oatmeal in before I go to work in the morning

seems to be paying off cuz I'm looking bigger and bit leaner ... sorry I couldn't be more specific in my answer, but thanks for following along
    Well???

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    Well???

they'll be posted at the midway point of the log (day 25) and again at the end (day 50)
    jdouchebag for president

they'll be posted at the midway point of the log (day 25) and again at the end (day 50)
    good to hear

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Day15: March 28, 2007
    ME Lower A

ATG Squats:
    155x10 (warmup) - 215x8 - 235x6 - 235x4 - 155x8 - 155x8

Iso Leg Curls:
    110x8/8 - 110x8/8 - 110x8/4

Seated Calf Raises:
    160x12 - 160x12 - 160x12

Notes: Weight was 205.0. My worst workout since I started the log. Not sure what happened, but no energy, no focus, just wanted to get the hell out of the gym. No change in diet, but work was wearing on me the day before and I didn't sleep very well. Numbers weren't that great today; no significant changes in the amount of weight or reps. I'll consider this an anomoly (unless it happens again during the log).
    jdouchebag for president

Day16: March 29, 2007
    ME Lower A

DB Bench Press:
    50sx10 (warmup) - 80sx8 - 85sx8 - 90sx8 - 95sx8 - 100sx6

Pull-ups:
    BWx12 - BWx6 - BWx5

DB Shoulder Press:
    45sx8 - 50sx8 - 50sx8

CG Seated Rows:
    130x10 - 130x10 - 140x10

Machine Rear Delt Flys:
    115x10 - 115x10 - 130x9

1 Arm Cable Curls:
    30x10/10 - 35x10/10 - 35x10/10

Triangle Press:
    70x12 - 80x12 - 80x12

Notes: Weight was 203.2. I have serious doubts about the accuracy of the scale at the gym this morning. Today's workout was amazing. Finally got back up to the 100's on DB Bench (ran the upper rack from 80-100). My entire upper body filled up and looking big. Wrist is still a little tender from time-to-time, but didn't really hamper any of my lifts today. Went up on just about everything. Definitely today was a night and day difference from yesterday's workout. Energy and focus was back up, and recovery was on point. Got through the workout in about 1.75hrs. Refilled my water bottle once during the workout, and that's becoming the average. Rounded out the morning with some extreme chest, back, and shoulder stretches.
    jdouchebag for president

I wish I could not be obsessed about tracking my calorie intake, I'm just too nervous about consuming too many, or too little calories.

I wish I could not be obsessed about tracking my calorie intake, I'm just too nervous about consuming too many, or too little calories.

Hell, if I think I took in too many, I do more cardio. Too little, less/no cardio. As long as I can sit there and know I'm eatting right, and SEE changes, I don't concern myself with exactitudes on caloric intakes. I guesstimate mostly and usually I'd say I'm within 200-400 on my worst days of actual intake.

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Day17: March 30, 2007
    Cardio & Core

Cardio:
    25min ArcTrainer - Cardio Program @ 15-35 varying resistance

Cable Crunches:
    110x20 - 120x120 - 120x20

Side Bends:
    35x20/20 - 35x20/20

Cardio:
    20min Eliptical (reverse motion) @ 5 Resistance & 3 Incline

Notes: Once again I forgot to update the workout title for yesterday. It should have said RE Upper, not ME Lower A. That's what I get for using a template and rushing through my updates. Anyway, today's workout was good. As you may already know, I hate cardio but today felt great. I did some stretching for about 10min just to get warm (bitterly cold for spring on the east coast this morning). Energy was up, focus was good, and had a really great sweat during the whole workout. I was worried that I would be lagging because I was up for most of the night tending to my sick wife (who refuses to go see a doctor), but White FLOOD didnt let that happen. Tomorrow will be an off day, but I plan on getting out for some yard work and then some disc golf if the weather is warmer.
    jdouchebag for president

Hell, if I think I took in too many, I do more cardio. Too little, less/no cardio. As long as I can sit there and know I'm eatting right, and SEE changes, I don't concern myself with exactitudes on caloric intakes. I guesstimate mostly and usually I'd say I'm within 200-400 on my worst days of actual intake.

Thats how I'm trying to think from now on -- I spend way too much time obsessing with calories.

Thats how I'm trying to think from now on -- I spend way too much time obsessing with calories.

Easy way to do it. Cut out all the bullshit stuff except for occassional cheats. More cardio and harder weights and you WILL lose weight/fat. Even if you lock in at a specific caloric intake, once you start exceeding that with cardio and weight training, weight will come off. It's worked for me since october '06 and I've lost 25 lbs, look like I gained alittle size (definition is much more noticible), and dropped from a 36" waist to a 32" with room to spare. Could probably go 30" but haven't bought smaller pants yet. I'm using the mirror more as my judge and weigh myself in the mornings when I awake. It's all gravy so far.

Ps. Just moved this weekend so for the last 4 days, nothing but eatting out and at the in-laws (mexican food). Didn't gain a pound and actually LOST 1. Hit the gym today and damn if the 5 day total layoff (save moving furniture) didn't let me come back refreshed, stronger, and with more endurance. It's was sweet all over again.
    Last edited by Spartan; 04-05-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Hit the gym today and damn if the 5 day total layoff (save moving furniture) didn't let me come back refreshed, stronger, and with more endurance. It's was sweet all over again.
    I love coming back from a layoff and thinking to myself "Damn, this feels light"

Been a crazy work week and spending most of my free time sleeping (when not @ the gym) ... updates will come!!!
    jdouchebag for president

I love coming back from a layoff and thinking to myself "Damn, this feels light"

Been a crazy work week and spending most of my free time sleeping (when not @ the gym) ... updates will come!!!
    looking forward to the updates
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

So true, but too bad the soreness doesn't agree with the whole picture. Meh, few days and it'll be gone for good. Well worth the price of admission!

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Day18: April 01, 2007
    ME Lower B

Deadlift:
    155x10 (warmup) - 205x8 - 255x8 - 265x7 - 155x8 - 155x8

Leg Press:
    400x10 - 420x10 - 440x10

Iso Leg Extension:
    55x8/8 - 60x8/8 - 65x8/8

Standing Calf Raises:
    160x12 - 160x10 - 160x8

Notes: Weight was 204.6. I'm behind on updates (my apologies to anyone who has been following - er, trying to follow - this log) and will give a summary after I post all the workouts through today.
    jdouchebag for president

Day19: April 03, 2007
    ME Upper

Incline DB Press:
    45sx10 (warmup) - 80sx8 - 85sx8 - 90sx8 - 90sx4

Wide Pulldowns:
    130x10 - 130x8 - 130x7

Standing Military Press:
    105x8 - 105x8 - 105x8

Yates Row:
    195x8 - 195x8 - 200x8

Dips:
    BWx12 - BW+25x10 - BW+35x10

DB Hammer Curls:
    35sx8/8 - 40sx8/8 - 45sx6/6

Notes: Weight was 204.6.
    jdouchebag for president

Day20: April 06, 2007
    ME Lower A

ATG Squats:
    155x10 (warmup) - 205x8 - 215x8 - 225x7 - 135x12 - 135x12 - 135x12

Leg Curls:
    110x8/8 - 110x8/8 - 110x8/8

Seated Calf Raises:
    160x10 - 160x8 - 160x8

Notes: Weight was 205.6. Added some more reps to ATG's to stimulate some growth on the wheels.
    jdouchebag for president

Thread Information