strester vs. genetics: the White FLOOD log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strester
    thanks man .... even with all of the years of basketball when I was younger, they just never really developed ... looking forward to final measurements on these to see just how much growth actually occurs
    I hear ya. I went the other way though. My lower is large and in charge. My upper needs to pick up the slack though.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Update: Just wanted to update the subscribers. I've been out of the gym for a few days to allow my wrist to heal. Feels pretty good today so I'll be in the gym tomorrow morning for another Upper workout.
      jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day11: March 23, 2007
        ME Lower A

DB Bench Press:
        50sx10 (warmup) - 80sx8 - 85sx8 - 95sx6

Pull-ups:
        BWx11 - BWx5 - BWx5

DB Shoulder Press:
        45sx8 - 50sx8 - 50sx8

CG Seated Rows:
        120x10 - 130x10 - 130x10

Machine Rear Delt Flys:
        115x8 - 115x8 - 115x8

Standing 1 Arm Cable Curls:
        30x8/8 - 30x8/8 - 30x8/8

Triangle Press:
        60x12 - 70x12 - 70x12

Notes: Weight was 204.2. I'm dropping weight. Don't know if that's a good thing or not. My quads are starting to look a lot bigger so I'm guessing that the weight loss is fat. Wrist was feeling pretty good for most of the workout. Tried to do EZ Bar Curls, and something just didn't feel right. Switched over to the cable curls with a count of 3-2-3. Talk about swole. FLOOD was really pumping my arms with the 2 second hold at the top. Energy was great as always. Not sure if my body has adjusted or what the cause is; but urination during my workouts has dropped to once, if at all. Water intake hasn't changed. Face was tingling again today. Had energy all the way through the last rep of my workout and could have done cardio if I hadn't realized I was already late for work. That damn job always seems to get in the way. Legs and lots of yard work tomorrow and then cardio on Sunday.
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day11: March 23, 2007
          ME Lower A

DB Bench Press:
          50sx10 (warmup) - 80sx8 - 85sx8 - 95sx6

Pull-ups:
          BWx11 - BWx5 - BWx5

DB Shoulder Press:
          45sx8 - 50sx8 - 50sx8

CG Seated Rows:
          120x10 - 130x10 - 130x10

Machine Rear Delt Flys:
          115x8 - 115x8 - 115x8

Standing 1 Arm Cable Curls:
          30x8/8 - 30x8/8 - 30x8/8

Triangle Press:
          60x12 - 70x12 - 70x12

Notes: Weight was 204.2. I'm dropping weight. Don't know if that's a good thing or not. My quads are starting to look a lot bigger so I'm guessing that the weight loss is fat. Wrist was feeling pretty good for most of the workout. Tried to do EZ Bar Curls, and something just didn't feel right. Switched over to the cable curls with a count of 3-2-3. Talk about swole. FLOOD was really pumping my arms with the 2 second hold at the top. Energy was great as always. Not sure if my body has adjusted or what the cause is; but urination during my workouts has dropped to once, if at all. Water intake hasn't changed. Face was tingling again today. Had energy all the way through the last rep of my workout and could have done cardio if I hadn't realized I was already late for work. That damn job always seems to get in the way. Legs and lots of yard work tomorrow and then cardio on Sunday.
          Shit, it's ALWAYS like that. Maybe you should go on welfare so you can workout all day.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

subscribed

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
              Shit, it's ALWAYS like that. Maybe you should go on welfare so you can workout all day.

as soon as my wife makes enough to support my supplement habit, it's a done deal
              jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by Logiabs~
                subscribed
                thanks man ... appreciate you following along ... let me know if you have any questions
                jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day12: March 24, 2007
                  ME Lower B

Deadlift:
                  155x10 (warmup) - 205x8 - 245x8 - 255x8 - 265x5

Leg Press:
                  380x10 - 400x10 - 420x10

Iso Leg Extension:
                  55x8/8 - 60x8/8 - 65x8/8

Standing Calf Raises:
                  160x12 - 160x11 - 160x8

Cardio:
                  12min Treadmill @ 2.5 Resistance & 2 Incline (cooldown)

Notes: Typo on yesterday's workout. Instead of ME Lower A, it should have read RE Upper. Weight was 204.2. Today's workout lasted about 1.75hrs. Pumps were good. No tingling in the face today. Lots energy. Recovery was good. Could really see it when I was doing Deadlifts. Did these the same way as last week where I explode up, hold, slowly lower the weight to the ground, release the bar, stand up straight, get into position and grab the bar, repeat. I'm really trying to focus my energy on the explosion up, and this method feels like my hams are getting worked to death Wrist never felt bad and I didn't have to resort to straps. Modified my Standing Calf Raises today. Lowered down into a full calf stretch and held the weight at that position for about 5-8 seconds. Exploded the weight up, without bouncing at the top and held the weight at the top position for a 2 second count before lowering the weight as slowly as possible into the full stretch. Wanted to quit around rep 5 on each of the sets. Hoping these doggies are gonna grow.
                  jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day13: March 26, 2007
                    ME Upper

Incline DB Press:
                    45sx10 (warmup) - 80sx8 - 85sx8 - 90sx8 - 90sx5

Wide Pulldowns:
                    120x10 - 130x9 - 130x5

Standing Military Press:
                    100x8 - 105x8 - 105x8

Yates Row:
                    190x8 - 195x8 - 195x8

Dips:
                    BWx12 - BW+25x12 - BW+25x10

Hammer Curls
                    35sx12 - 35sx6

Notes: Weight was 204.8. Overslept by about an hour this morning and had to rush through my workout. Recovery was great even with the short amount of rest time between sets. Pumps were really amazing this morning. My chest is looking huge right now and I hope this lasts for most of the day. Something for the ladies to admire Everything was on point and still no negative sides to report. Wrist started acting up on the Hammer Curls, so I cut that short and headed home. All in all, a great workout today. Late for work so gots ta go.
                    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Comment

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Day14: March 27, 2007
                          Cardio & Core

Cardio:
                          25min ArcTrainer (cardio pre-program)

Back Extensions:
                          BWx12 - BWx10 - BWx10

Cable Crunches:
                          100x20 - 110x20 - 110x20

Notes: Slept in this morning (about 9.5hrs total). Crazy dreams from the WB lastnight. Took WF on an empty stomach as soon as I got up, got dressed and then headed to the gym with a mix of 2 scoops of Xtend and about 20g of dextrose that I sipped on during the workout. Face tingling was nuts. Only took about 5-10min to feel it. Energy was good and the 25min flew right by. Did another 10min walk on the incline treadmill before I left just to keep the sweat going. Gonna try and do some yard work this afternoon for a second set of cardio (lots to be done). Legs tomorrow assuming I'm not burned out from what I did today - which wasn't very much.
                          jdouchebag for president

Comment

Been following your log, really nice work -- just a quick question I forgot to ask you...how many calories are you consuming daily? Figured I'd ask since we are about the same height/weight and seem to have similar goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos Jeff
                              Been following your log, really nice work -- just a quick question I forgot to ask you...how many calories are you consuming daily? Figured I'd ask since we are about the same height/weight and seem to have similar goals.

not really sure what my calories are, to be completely honest ... just plug in everything from my first post with my usual meals into fitday and that should give you a pretty good idea ... this is the first time I haven't really been obsessed about tracking calorie intake

I just make sure to get in lots of protein and at least 3 shakes a day, on off days I lower the amount of carbs I consume and just add more protein to my meals, and on Lower workout days I make sure to get an extra cup of oatmeal in before I go to work in the morning

seems to be paying off cuz I'm looking bigger and bit leaner ... sorry I couldn't be more specific in my answer, but thanks for following along
                              jdouchebag for president

Comment

not really sure what my calories are, to be completely honest ... just plug in everything from my first post with my usual meals into fitday and that should give you a pretty good idea ... this is the first time I haven't really been obsessed about tracking calorie intake

I just make sure to get in lots of protein and at least 3 shakes a day, on off days I lower the amount of carbs I consume and just add more protein to my meals, and on Lower workout days I make sure to get an extra cup of oatmeal in before I go to work in the morning

seems to be paying off cuz I'm looking bigger and bit leaner ... sorry I couldn't be more specific in my answer, but thanks for following along
                                Well???

Current Supps:
                                Purple Wraath
                                Green Magnitude
                                Orange Triad
                                White Flood
                                Blue Up
                                100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Working...