X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strester vs. genetics: the White FLOOD log

strester vs. genetics:
    the White FLOOD log

First and foremost, I want to give thanks to the crew at Controlled Labs for selecting me as one of their testers for White FLOOD. I hope that this log will be helpful to the readers that follow it, including the staff at Controlled Labs, and I appreciate all constructive feedback.

The Goods:

White Flood is a cutting edge preworkout formula that will rev you up for lifting and cardio like none other. Not only will you experience out of this world pumps, but tons of extra energy and true muscle building potential. That muscle building potential comes from the addition of compounds usually not seen in preworkout formulas of the past. We have also included potent anti-oxidants to scavenge any free radicals normally elicited by Nitric Oxide inducing ingredients. It's time to FLOOD YOUR SYSTEM.... with the most advanced preworkout Nitric Oxide and Energy Enhancer available; White Flood?!

549 Grams (1.21 Pounds) Electric Lemonade Powder

Key Attributes:

- Fast absorbing and fast acting
    - Synergy, strength and stamina
    - Endurance and extreme pumps
    - Nutrient delivery and recovery
    - Carb Free
    - Ephedra / Ephedrine Free
    - Stimulate neurons
    - Enhanced creatine utilization

From the makers of White BLOOD™, CONTROLLED LABS is proud to present: WHITE FLOOD™

FLOOD your system for PEAK performance!

Arginine and Ornithine
    have been shown to enhance the natural anabolic effects of weightlifting, and even promote greater strength gains within weeks!! In the White Flood? formula, potent doses of Arginine and Ornithine are delivered bonded to an ester and combined with Norvaline (potent arginase inhibitor), enhancing the absorption and simultaneously prolonging the effects of both compounds. With this controlled delivery system, these compounds can pass through the digestive system intact and deliver incredible pumps and vasodilation. As a bonus, this formula is highly effective in preventing an increase in blood ammonia during training and when combined with GABA, it may also have a somatostatin suppressing effect (leading to an increase in natural growth hormone production).

GABA is an important neurotransmitter that has been used for years as an ergogenic aid. When combined with the stimulants in our exclusive formula, users report a very unique effect that must be experienced to believe, due to enhanced neuron firing in the brain. Users report focused, relaxed, energy without the jitters often associated with stimulant use. GABA has also been shown to boost post-workout growth hormone levels and enhance fat metabolism (more research is needed on the exact mechanism of action).

Anecdotal feedback from power-lifters and strength athletes indicates that Inosine, a precursor to adenosine, may improve training during peak intensity (improving explosiveness and power) by enhancing the regeneration of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and enhancing oxygen utilization. It may even benefit the endurance athlete allowing for easier release of oxygen from the blood cells to the tissues leading to performance enhancement. As a bonus, it may also act as a natural anti-inflammatory.

Glucuronolactone is a powerful naturally occurring compound that has been shown to increase focus and concentration, help fight fatigue, and improve mood while providing an instant energy boost. Combined with GABA and caffeine, you have the perfect combination to take your intense workouts to the next level.

Octacosanol is a 28 carbon long-chain saturated primary alcohol naturally occurring in sugarcane wax, spinach and wheat germ (the Octacosanol in White Flood™ is from sugarcane wax). Popeye must have been onto something because studies suggest that octacosanol has potent ergogenic properties including the sparing of muscle glycogen stores and increasing the oxidative capacity of muscles. As a bonus, it may help maintain optimal cholesterol levels.

Vanadyl Sulfate is a potent insulin-mimetic that promotes glycogen synthesis, helps maintain blood glucose levels, and may stimulate muscle anabolism by forcing more nutrients directly into the muscles.

Beta-Alanine helps to increase aerobic efficiency, enhance oxygen transport, and reduce lactic acid accumulation in the muscle tissue. Many users also experience a tingling sensation from this compound that revs them up for their workout.

Tyrosine works synergistically with Caffeine and other ingredients to help boost your focus and stamina.

To put this formula over the top, we added Potassium Gluconate (which most closely resembles the potassium found naturally in fruit) and naturally occurring ergogenics like Theobromine, Evodiamine, and Vinpocetine that increase blood circulation and nutrient delivery, enhance focus and oxygen flow, and improve athletic performance. We also included natural antioxidants to aid recovery and reduce oxidative (and other) damage to DNA.

It's time to FLOOD YOUR SYSTEM.... with the most advanced preworkout Nitric Oxide and Energy Enhancer available; White Flood™ !

It's all about ME:

Sex: Male

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 205

Bodytype: Endo

Training experience:
    2.5-3yrs of serious training, but I've been in and out of the gym since age 18. I have worked numerous 3,4 and 5 -day splits, one body part per day, full body, etc.. currently I'm working on an upper/lower split with cardio

Training Schedule / Protocol:
    ME Upper
    Incline DB Press
    Wide Grip Pulldowns
    Standing Military Press
    Row variant
    Arms

ME Lower A
    ATG Squat
    Hacks
    Iso Leg Curls
    Seated Calf Raises
    Abs

RE Upper
    Flat DB Press
    Pull-ups
    Shoulder DB Press
    Row variant
    Arms

ME Lower B
    Deadlifts
    Leg Press
    Leg Ext
    Standing Calf Raises
    Abs

workouts will tend to vary day to day ... so if I feel like my traps are lagging, I'll add DB Shrugs ... or I'll add face pulls if I feel like I have something left when I'm done with yates rows, etc.

take rest days as needed ... just listen to my body

Cardio Schedule/Protocol:
    10-25min of cardio after each lifting day (depending on time before work)
    45-60min of cardio on non-lifting / non-rest days

Current supplements (baseline):
    Whey (throughout)
    Glutamine (4x 5g/day)
    Xtend (2 scoops during workouts)
    Bulk Cissus (at least 5g/day)
    NOW Adam multi-vitamin (2x day)
    Green Mag (post)
    White Blood (pm)
    Ultra Peptide (pm)
    Glycergrow (1 scoop pre & 1 scoop during)
    Fish oil (throughout)
    the stack

Diet and macros:
    oats + whey (pre and post)
    6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 slice of cheese, 8oz of milk, 2 slices of ham
    1/2 cup of vanilla lowfat yogurt or 1 can tuna fish
    ground beef/turkey/chix breast, whole wheat rice/pasta, veggies
    1 or two ham/turkey/tuna sandwiches on whole wheat
    ground beef/turkey/chix breast, whole wheat rice/pasta, veggies
    pm shake
    whey shakes throughout the day

approx. 40/40/20 ... but that varies as well

Daily water intake:
    1.5 - 2 gallons ... I take a gallon jug to work w/ me to make sure I hit this ...
    yeah, I'm that guy

Short Term Goal:
    Lean out a bit to show off the gains I got on XF (drop BF%)

Long Term Goal:
    Keep low BF%, bulk up to 210/215, while I drop waistline to 36"

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs:
    None

Supplement history (as much as I can remember):
    AX Rampage
    CL Green Bulge
    CL Green Magnitude
    CL BlueUp (sf and regular)
    CL Purple Wraath
    CL SesaGlow
    CL White Blood
    CL GlycerGROW
    D&E Yellow Subs
    Higher Power Glutamine
    Molecular Nutrition X-factor
    Muscletech Celltech
    Muscletech Nitotech
    Prolab Creatine Mono
    Prolab Glutamine
    SAN Tight!
    Scivation Xtend
    Scivation Sesamin
    SNS ReduceXT
    ON Whey
    Anabolic Innovations Whey Isolate
    All The Whey Isolate
    Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide
    Nature Made Fish Oil
    Now ADAM multi
    GNC Mega multi

Pictures:
    combined pics
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 03-07-2007, 12:10 PM.
    jdouchebag for president

looking good, subscribed
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

same!
      Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
      Purple Wraath
      Green Magnitude
      Orange Triad
      White Flood
      Blue Up
      100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
      US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Awesome intro !

Comment

I'm in like flynn!
          Back to the basics!

Comment

The Numbers:

These are the measurements that I will use as the baseline for this log. New measurements will be taken at the end of the stack. These were taken with a myotape.

Right Bicep: 16.25"
            Left Bicep: 16.25"
            Chest: 43.5"
            Waist: 38.25"
            Right Leg: 23.5"
            Left Leg: 23.5"
            Right Calf: 14.25"
            Left Calf: 14.5"
            jdouchebag for president

Comment

Initial Thoughts:

So I read the recommended intial dosage on the label and decided that I'm too old for other people to tell me what to do. 2 scoops to start out with. Holy cow!! Talk about a kick in the ass. I took 2 scoops mixed in 20oz of water in a blender bottle. I used that to chase down 1 scoop of GlycerGROW that I poured right into my mouth.

10 min later - I'm about to head out the door and start to feel tingling in my face. Something good is about to happen.

20 min later - I'm in the squat rack stretching my quads and realize that my breathing is a lot easier. Feels like my nostrils are wide open and I'm taking in lots of oxygen.

25 min later - I've just finished my warmup of ATG's and I'm wide awake (@ 5:15am). I was actually smiling at the sudden surge of energy that was running through me. Completely focused on the task at hand. The energy lasted the entire workout and even into my post-workout cardio.

Taste:
              8/10 - It's not a bad taste. Definitely better than the initial batch of Purple WRAATH flavoring. Easy to drink, and can taste the lemon. There's something about the taste that I just can't put into words. I'll need to try it a few more times to figure out what it is that's letting me only give it an 8 ... but this is my initial impression from the get go.

Mixability:
              10/10 - Completely dissolved in my blender bottle. Nothing left when I was done with it. What more can you ask for?

Pump:
              10/10 - Quads and Hams were swole!!! It's rare that I feel a pump in my hams. Usually they just feel burned out after a workout, but this morning they were looking and feeling diesel. I never experienced great pumps with White Blood in the past, this stuff is a completely different story. Can't wait to see the pecs after DB bench tomorrow

Endurance:
              10/10 - So far this supplement has provided the best endurance for me. Better than Rampage, Purple WRAATH, and Yellow Subs IMO. Nice going Controlled Labs. I didn't feel jittery either. Just felt like my body wasn't ready to gas out at any point.

Sides:
              Nothing negative to report after the first use. I did notice that I had to stop and piss more frequently than usual. I usually only go once or twice during a workout. Today I went 4 times and then again as soon as I got home. I'll pay attention to this and see if it changes as I use White FLOOD more.
              jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
                Initial Thoughts:

So I read the recommended intial dosage on the label and decided that I'm too old for other people to tell me what to do. 2 scoops to start out with. Holy cow!! Talk about a kick in the ass. I took 2 scoops mixed in 20oz of water in a blender bottle. I used that to chase down 1 scoop of GlycerGROW that I poured right into my mouth.

10 min later - I'm about to head out the door and start to feel tingling in my face. Something good is about to happen.

20 min later - I'm in the squat rack stretching my quads and realize that my breathing is a lot easier. Feels like my nostrils are wide open and I'm taking in lots of oxygen.

25 min later - I've just finished my warmup of ATG's and I'm wide awake (@ 5:15am). I was actually smiling at the sudden surge of energy that was running through me. Completely focused on the task at hand. The energy lasted the entire workout and even into my post-workout cardio.

Taste:
                8/10 - It's not a bad taste. Definitely better than the initial batch of Purple WRAATH flavoring. Easy to drink, and can taste the lemon. There's something about the taste that I just can't put into words. I'll need to try it a few more times to figure out what it is that's letting me only give it an 8 ... but this is my initial impression from the get go.

Mixability:
                10/10 - Completely dissolved in my blender bottle. Nothing left when I was done with it. What more can you ask for?

Pump:
                10/10 - Quads and Hams were swole!!! It's rare that I feel a pump in my hams. Usually they just feel burned out after a workout, but this morning they were looking and feeling diesel. I never experienced great pumps with White Blood in the past, this stuff is a completely different story. Can't wait to see the pecs after DB bench tomorrow

Endurance:
                10/10 - So far this supplement has provided the best endurance for me. Better than Rampage, Purple WRAATH, and Yellow Subs IMO. Nice going Controlled Labs. I didn't feel jittery either. Just felt like my body wasn't ready to gas out at any point.

Sides:
                Nothing negative to report after the first use. I did notice that I had to stop and piss more frequently than usual. I usually only go once or twice during a workout. Today I went 4 times and then again as soon as I got home. I'll pay attention to this and see if it changes as I use White FLOOD more.

Comment

taken from a reply on bb.com...

here's how I'm timing everything for the length of the log ... guess I should have put that up in the intro part ...

4:00am - pre shake as soon as I wake up
                  1/2 cup oats (ground)
                  1 scoop ATW Isolate
                  1/2 tsp bulk cissus
                  1 tsp glutamine
                  1 NOW ADAM multi

4:45am
                  1 scoop GlycerGROW in mouth chased with
                  2 scoops White FLOOD mixed in 20oz of water

5:00am
                  Head to gym and start sipping on
                  2 scoops Xtend
                  1 scoop GlycerGROW

5:10/15am
                  I'm already warmed up and starting on my first working set of whatever

on the weekends it's the same thing but the timing starts around 7am cuz my gym doesn't open until 8am.

cardio days will be the same except that I replace the oats w/ about 10g of dextrose
                  jdouchebag for president

Comment

I'll be following along with this one...

Comment

Day1: March 07, 2007
                      ME Lower A

ATG Squats:
                      135x10 - 205x8 - 225x8 - 245x5

Hack Squats:
                      160x10 - 160x10 - 180x10 - 180x10

Iso Leg Curls:
                      100x8/8 - 110x8/8 - 110x8/8

Seated Calf Raises:
                      160x12 - 160x12 - 160x12

Cardio:
                      15min ArcTrainer @ 15 Resistance & 10 Incline

Notes:My initial thoughts post covers any particular notes about today. I did forget to mention that I was sweating more than usual, and I did drink more water than usual during my workout. Filled up my water bottle twice instead of just once at the midway point. Other than that, I'm just looking forward to tomorrow and great upper body workout. Took in about 2 gallons of water. About to take 3 White Blood, 1 multi, and then a shake before heading to bed.
                      jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day2: March 08, 2007
                        RE Upper

DB Bench Press:
                        50'sx10 (warmup) - 80'sx8 - 85'sx8 - 90'sx8 - 95'sx7 (failure)

Pull-ups:
                        bwx10 - bwx7 - bwx4

DB Shoulder Press:
                        45'sx8 - 50'sx8 - 50'sx8

CG Seated Rows:
                        120x10 - 130x10 - 130x10

Machine Rear Delt Flys:
                        85x10 - 100x10 - 115x10

EZ Standing Curls:
                        80x8 - 85x8 - 90x8

Rope Tricep Pushdowns:
                        40x12 - 50x12 - 50x8

Notes: Weighed in at 205.2 this morning. Overslept by about 15min this morning and ended up taking the GG and WF closer to my pre shake than intended. Yesterday everything seemed to hit me all at once. Today I felt like there was a constant trickle of energy. I think my bladder has adjusted as well ... only had to stop once during my workout and still filled my water bottle up twice. Guess this is a sign of increased water absorption. Today's workout was a lot longer than yesterday's and I still never lost focus or energy. If I wasn't short on time to get back and update then get to work, I could have knocked out a 20min cardio session. Pumps are amazing today. Arms are looking huge right now ... especially the forearms. Think I'm going to sport a short-sleeved shirt at the office today. Free admission to the gun show I've already taken in close to a gallon of water, so there should be no problem hitting 2 gallons or more today. I'll update again later if anything worth mentioning happens during the day.
                        jdouchebag for president

Comment

Looking good so far, I have arms tomorrow so we will see how it works.

Comment

Day2: March 08, 2007
                            RE Upper

DB Bench Press:
                            50'sx10 (warmup) - 80'sx8 - 85'sx8 - 90'sx8 - 95'sx7 (failure)

Pull-ups:
                            bwx10 - bwx7 - bwx4

DB Shoulder Press:
                            45'sx8 - 50'sx8 - 50'sx8

CG Seated Rows:
                            120x10 - 130x10 - 130x10

Machine Rear Delt Flys:
                            85x10 - 100x10 - 115x10

EZ Standing Curls:
                            80x8 - 85x8 - 90x8

Rope Tricep Pushdowns:
                            40x12 - 50x12 - 50x8

Notes: Weighed in at 205.2 this morning. Overslept by about 15min this morning and ended up taking the GG and WF closer to my pre shake than intended. Yesterday everything seemed to hit me all at once. Today I felt like there was a constant trickle of energy. I think my bladder has adjusted as well ... only had to stop once during my workout and still filled my water bottle up twice. Guess this is a sign of increased water absorption. Today's workout was a lot longer than yesterday's and I still never lost focus or energy. If I wasn't short on time to get back and update then get to work, I could have knocked out a 20min cardio session. Pumps are amazing today. Arms are looking huge right now ... especially the forearms. Think I'm going to sport a short-sleeved shirt at the office today. Free admission to the gun show I've already taken in close to a gallon of water, so there should be no problem hitting 2 gallons or more today. I'll update again later if anything worth mentioning happens during the day.

OH YEAH!
                            Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                            Purple Wraath
                            Green Magnitude
                            Orange Triad
                            White Flood
                            Blue Up
                            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan