Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartan
    Well???

they'll be posted at the midway point of the log (day 25) and again at the end (day 50)
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
      they'll be posted at the midway point of the log (day 25) and again at the end (day 50)
      good to hear
      Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
      Purple Wraath
      Green Magnitude
      Orange Triad
      White Flood
      Blue Up
      100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
      US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Day15: March 28, 2007
        ME Lower A

ATG Squats:
        155x10 (warmup) - 215x8 - 235x6 - 235x4 - 155x8 - 155x8

Iso Leg Curls:
        110x8/8 - 110x8/8 - 110x8/4

Seated Calf Raises:
        160x12 - 160x12 - 160x12

Notes: Weight was 205.0. My worst workout since I started the log. Not sure what happened, but no energy, no focus, just wanted to get the hell out of the gym. No change in diet, but work was wearing on me the day before and I didn't sleep very well. Numbers weren't that great today; no significant changes in the amount of weight or reps. I'll consider this an anomoly (unless it happens again during the log).
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day16: March 29, 2007
          ME Lower A

DB Bench Press:
          50sx10 (warmup) - 80sx8 - 85sx8 - 90sx8 - 95sx8 - 100sx6

Pull-ups:
          BWx12 - BWx6 - BWx5

DB Shoulder Press:
          45sx8 - 50sx8 - 50sx8

CG Seated Rows:
          130x10 - 130x10 - 140x10

Machine Rear Delt Flys:
          115x10 - 115x10 - 130x9

1 Arm Cable Curls:
          30x10/10 - 35x10/10 - 35x10/10

Triangle Press:
          70x12 - 80x12 - 80x12

Notes: Weight was 203.2. I have serious doubts about the accuracy of the scale at the gym this morning. Today's workout was amazing. Finally got back up to the 100's on DB Bench (ran the upper rack from 80-100). My entire upper body filled up and looking big. Wrist is still a little tender from time-to-time, but didn't really hamper any of my lifts today. Went up on just about everything. Definitely today was a night and day difference from yesterday's workout. Energy and focus was back up, and recovery was on point. Got through the workout in about 1.75hrs. Refilled my water bottle once during the workout, and that's becoming the average. Rounded out the morning with some extreme chest, back, and shoulder stretches.
          jdouchebag for president

Comment

not really sure what my calories are, to be completely honest ... just plug in everything from my first post with my usual meals into fitday and that should give you a pretty good idea ... this is the first time I haven't really been obsessed about tracking calorie intake

I just make sure to get in lots of protein and at least 3 shakes a day, on off days I lower the amount of carbs I consume and just add more protein to my meals, and on Lower workout days I make sure to get an extra cup of oatmeal in before I go to work in the morning

seems to be paying off cuz I'm looking bigger and bit leaner ... sorry I couldn't be more specific in my answer, but thanks for following along

I wish I could not be obsessed about tracking my calorie intake, I'm just too nervous about consuming too many, or too little calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos Jeff
              I wish I could not be obsessed about tracking my calorie intake, I'm just too nervous about consuming too many, or too little calories.

Hell, if I think I took in too many, I do more cardio. Too little, less/no cardio. As long as I can sit there and know I'm eatting right, and SEE changes, I don't concern myself with exactitudes on caloric intakes. I guesstimate mostly and usually I'd say I'm within 200-400 on my worst days of actual intake.
              Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
              Purple Wraath
              Green Magnitude
              Orange Triad
              White Flood
              Blue Up
              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Day17: March 30, 2007
                Cardio & Core

Cardio:
                25min ArcTrainer - Cardio Program @ 15-35 varying resistance

Cable Crunches:
                110x20 - 120x120 - 120x20

Side Bends:
                35x20/20 - 35x20/20

Cardio:
                20min Eliptical (reverse motion) @ 5 Resistance & 3 Incline

Notes: Once again I forgot to update the workout title for yesterday. It should have said RE Upper, not ME Lower A. That's what I get for using a template and rushing through my updates. Anyway, today's workout was good. As you may already know, I hate cardio but today felt great. I did some stretching for about 10min just to get warm (bitterly cold for spring on the east coast this morning). Energy was up, focus was good, and had a really great sweat during the whole workout. I was worried that I would be lagging because I was up for most of the night tending to my sick wife (who refuses to go see a doctor), but White FLOOD didnt let that happen. Tomorrow will be an off day, but I plan on getting out for some yard work and then some disc golf if the weather is warmer.
                jdouchebag for president

Comment

Hell, if I think I took in too many, I do more cardio. Too little, less/no cardio. As long as I can sit there and know I'm eatting right, and SEE changes, I don't concern myself with exactitudes on caloric intakes. I guesstimate mostly and usually I'd say I'm within 200-400 on my worst days of actual intake.

Thats how I'm trying to think from now on -- I spend way too much time obsessing with calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos Jeff
                    Thats how I'm trying to think from now on -- I spend way too much time obsessing with calories.

Easy way to do it. Cut out all the bullshit stuff except for occassional cheats. More cardio and harder weights and you WILL lose weight/fat. Even if you lock in at a specific caloric intake, once you start exceeding that with cardio and weight training, weight will come off. It's worked for me since october '06 and I've lost 25 lbs, look like I gained alittle size (definition is much more noticible), and dropped from a 36" waist to a 32" with room to spare. Could probably go 30" but haven't bought smaller pants yet. I'm using the mirror more as my judge and weigh myself in the mornings when I awake. It's all gravy so far.

Ps. Just moved this weekend so for the last 4 days, nothing but eatting out and at the in-laws (mexican food). Didn't gain a pound and actually LOST 1. Hit the gym today and damn if the 5 day total layoff (save moving furniture) didn't let me come back refreshed, stronger, and with more endurance. It's was sweet all over again.
                    Last edited by Spartan; 04-05-2007, 08:21 PM.

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Hit the gym today and damn if the 5 day total layoff (save moving furniture) didn't let me come back refreshed, stronger, and with more endurance. It's was sweet all over again.
                      I love coming back from a layoff and thinking to myself "Damn, this feels light"

Been a crazy work week and spending most of my free time sleeping (when not @ the gym) ... updates will come!!!
                      jdouchebag for president

Comment

I love coming back from a layoff and thinking to myself "Damn, this feels light"

Been a crazy work week and spending most of my free time sleeping (when not @ the gym) ... updates will come!!!
                        looking forward to the updates
                        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                        Purple Psyko
                        Gold Feast
                        Blue Gene
                        Blue Growth
                        REDuction AM/PM Shots
                        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                        Orange TRIad
                        White Flood (5 Flavors)
                        Black Hole
                        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                        Green Bulge
                        White Blood 2
                        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                        Blue Up
                        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

So true, but too bad the soreness doesn't agree with the whole picture. Meh, few days and it'll be gone for good. Well worth the price of admission!

Current Supps:
                          Purple Wraath
                          Green Magnitude
                          Orange Triad
                          White Flood
                          Blue Up
                          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Day18: April 01, 2007
                            ME Lower B

Deadlift:
                            155x10 (warmup) - 205x8 - 255x8 - 265x7 - 155x8 - 155x8

Leg Press:
                            400x10 - 420x10 - 440x10

Iso Leg Extension:
                            55x8/8 - 60x8/8 - 65x8/8

Standing Calf Raises:
                            160x12 - 160x10 - 160x8

Notes: Weight was 204.6. I'm behind on updates (my apologies to anyone who has been following - er, trying to follow - this log) and will give a summary after I post all the workouts through today.
                            jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day19: April 03, 2007
                              ME Upper

Incline DB Press:
                              45sx10 (warmup) - 80sx8 - 85sx8 - 90sx8 - 90sx4

Wide Pulldowns:
                              130x10 - 130x8 - 130x7

Standing Military Press:
                              105x8 - 105x8 - 105x8

Yates Row:
                              195x8 - 195x8 - 200x8

Dips:
                              BWx12 - BW+25x10 - BW+35x10

DB Hammer Curls:
                              35sx8/8 - 40sx8/8 - 45sx6/6

Notes: Weight was 204.6.
                              jdouchebag for president

Comment

Day20: April 06, 2007
                                ME Lower A

ATG Squats:
                                155x10 (warmup) - 205x8 - 215x8 - 225x7 - 135x12 - 135x12 - 135x12

Leg Curls:
                                110x8/8 - 110x8/8 - 110x8/8

Seated Calf Raises:
                                160x10 - 160x8 - 160x8

Notes: Weight was 205.6. Added some more reps to ATG's to stimulate some growth on the wheels.
                                jdouchebag for president

Comment

Working...
                                X