Purple Wraath for My Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Wraath for My Mom

My mom is 58 years old and has something like fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue. She's had every test under the sun and they all reveal that she's pretty much in perfect health. Nonetheless, she has very low energy levels which mainly seems to be muscular. She can't work in the yard, in her house, etc for very long without getting tired. She's tried just about everything, prescription and supplements to help but nothing works.

I was wondering if Purple Wraath might be a good supplement for her to try. I just know from personal experience that my muscular endurance, strength, and energy has gone through the roog from taking PW. She doesn't work out at all these days because of her condition so I was wondering how she might take it in order to reap the benefits throughout the day as opposed to just pre-workout like I do. I guess she needs energy just to do basic things like work in the house, get out and shop, etc.

Originally posted by LJ57
    My mom is 58 years old and has something like fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue. She's had every test under the sun and they all reveal that she's pretty much in perfect health. Nonetheless, she has very low energy levels which mainly seems to be muscular. She can't work in the yard, in her house, etc for very long without getting tired. She's tried just about everything, prescription and supplements to help but nothing works.

I was wondering if Purple Wraath might be a good supplement for her to try. I just know from personal experience that my muscular endurance, strength, and energy has gone through the roog from taking PW. She doesn't work out at all these days because of her condition so I was wondering how she might take it in order to reap the benefits throughout the day as opposed to just pre-workout like I do. I guess she needs energy just to do basic things like work in the house, get out and shop, etc.
    Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't be one to advise someone of her age to get on PW. However, I'd imagine you COULD probably give her 1 scoop in 16-32oz water and let her sip it through the day and see if that makes any change. If she's good, then you can go 1.5 scoops and so forth. I think you could do that 2-3 times a day with no real repercussions, but get with PU or Tank and they'd be the ones to really spell it out.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Very sorry to hear about your moms condition. Has she tried guaifenesin ?

Comment

Holy crap! My mom has fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome to. Horrible disease. Has had it for 12 years now. Crazy thing is she is exhausted and sick all the time, but can't sleep. Aweful. I was wondering what might be able to help her to.
        Loyal Controlled Labs user since October/06!

Comment

Originally posted by Biceps18
          Holy crap! My mom has fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome to. Horrible disease. Has had it for 12 years now. Crazy thing is she is exhausted and sick all the time, but can't sleep. Aweful. I was wondering what might be able to help her to.
          Hmmm... I don't know too much about sleep aids. Possibly some Melatonin?? Or even GABA or Valerian?? Don't run with that idea, though. Hopefully someone who knows a little more about that particular disease can help you.

And for energy, possibly she could take in more carbs/electrolytes. Even supplementing with something like Ribose might help.
          Last edited by ncangey0513; 03-06-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biceps18
            guaifenesin and magnesium = worth a try

Also Inosine / NAD / NADH

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. She's tried Guaifensin, NADH, Ribose, and a variety of things geared toward working with ATP. None of it helped. She has alot of muscular fatigue so I figured a product with beta alanine such as PW might be beneficial. I had thought about that H+Blocker product as well. Part of the problem is also arthritic as she has a bad back and will be having knee surgery in a few months. I had thought about getting her to try something like Cissus for that as well. She's mainly tried the "natural health" supplements for the most part so I thought about looking into more "sports supplements" type things such as aminos, Citrulline, beta alanine, cissus, etc. as something new that might be worth trying.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ57
                Thanks for the feedback. She's tried Guaifensin, NADH, Ribose, and a variety of things geared toward working with ATP. None of it helped. She has alot of muscular fatigue so I figured a product with beta alanine such as PW might be beneficial. I had thought about that H+Blocker product as well. Part of the problem is also arthritic as she has a bad back and will be having knee surgery in a few months. I had thought about getting her to try something like Cissus for that as well. She's mainly tried the "natural health" supplements for the most part so I thought about looking into more "sports supplements" type things such as aminos, Citrulline, beta alanine, cissus, etc. as something new that might be worth trying.
                If it's cool with her doctor, put her on Green MAGnitude for a couple weeks (100% serious).

AGAIN.... check with the doc first (let him know it isn't regular creatine, but Magnesium Creatine Chelate: this is key).

Comment

Lol you'd have the buffest mom ever!!

A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Magnesium and fibromyalgia:
                    http://stuff.mit.edu/people/london/magnesium.html

Malic Acid and fibromyalgia:
                    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

I have a whole folder dedicated to this stuff... but it's on my USB drive. I'll try and upload some of it later.

Comment

^^^^ Nerd ^^^^

A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Thanks for the info PU. I'll print these out and pass them on to my mom.

Comment

Working...
                        X