SCT's Triathlon Training, Sponsored by Controlled Labs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CROWLER
    Great workouts! And BIG congrats on the 17 strokes per lap. Thanks for the log buddy.

CROWLER
    Hey we triathletes gotta represent! My goal for June is 15 strokes per 25 yards for the outdoor 500 open swim.

SCT
    Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
      I felt awesome and again I wish I would have had more time, because I'm just on fire lately.
      Sounding good

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
        Sounding good
        Even in my dreams I have more energy!

Josh, still the Red Acid Addict
        Back to the basics!

Comment

March 10 Sprint Training

Wow, my training thread was stickied? Oh yeah I'm sexy...

---------------------------------------------------------

Supplements taken:
          3 Red Acid Gen 2
          2 Scoops Purple Wraath
          1225 Bulk Cissus

Energy: 9/10 - Smooth energy, but somewhat of a rapid decline today. Still definately helped me get through the workout.

Focus: 10/10 - The mind/muscle and mind/pacing connection were off the charts. I felt in the groove for my entire run and didn't get bored at all during the swim.

Endurance: 8/10 - I ran out of steam on the last lap of my 500 distance swim, but I made it to the wall. I think the extra lap through my body off. Plus this time I did drill work BEFORE distance work. I think in the future I need to reverse that.

---------------------------------

Today was one of the first really 'nice' days we had outside here in Sioux Falls, the temperature actually made it ALL the way up to 46 degrees.. HEATWAVE!!!!!!!!! I ran around in shorts and a t-shirt all day, umm yeah I always do, and got NO weird looks.. talk about a good day to go to the gym.

I wanted to get out on my new Cannondale, but that was nixed due to the fact that I don't have my pump for it yet. I am going to try and talk the wife into letting me pick one up tonight, we'll see how that goes.

Anywho, I hit up the gym in the afternoon and knocked out an AMAZING workout.

Run:
          35 minutes, 2.6 miles total (4 minutes walk, 3 minutes run) +.10 miles from last run

Swim:
          100 warmup
          300 drill work
          - 100 kickboard (2x50)
          - 100 fin roll (2x50)
          - 100 fist drills
          500 distance (stopped once at the wall because I swallowed some water.. and by some I mean a SHITLOAD)

All this followed by some mad stretching. When I got home I made pork chops, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, and crossaints for the wife and I.. talk about a delicious dinner. And due to my expert portion controls, I got away with it all for only 700 calories, which is where my typical dinner meal falls in at.

The wife and I are going to church tonight with the in-laws, so I'll catch you guys on the flip side.

Josh
          Back to the basics!

Comment

March 11 Weight Training

Supplements:
            3 caps Red Acid Gen 2
            2 Scoops Purple Wraath preworkout
            1 Scoop Purple Wraath postworkout
            2550mg bulk cissus

Energy - 10/10 - Insane energy, I felt like I was going to explode during each rep.

Focus - 10/10 - I took the mp3 player and ended up not using it. I was just on point all day.

Endurance - 9/10 - Muscular endurance is often harder to measure for me on weights over cardio. Because of this I am basing this score on how I felt after the workout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So today was a scheduled off day, but I really need to start being more consistent with my weight training, so I hit up the gym for a nice full body workout. To say that I had a good workout would be an understatement.. to say that I had an excellent workout would be an understatement.. to say that I had the best lifting session of my life.. that'd be on par

Weights:
            Horz. Leg Press Machine - 4x15 (weight up +25)
            Seated Hamstring Curl - 4x12 (same weight as previous)
            DB Bench Press - 2x12, 2x8 (weight up +5)
            Incline DB Bench Press - 3x10 (weight up +5)
            Lat Pulldown - 4x12 **
            Seated Row - 4x10 (weight up +10)
            Skullcrushers - 3x12 (weight up +5)
            Superset with
            Close Grip Bench - 3x12
            Seated DB Shoulder Press - 3x12 **
            DB Hammer Curls - 2x15 **
            Spider Curls - 3x15 (weight up +15)
            Seated Hip Abduction - 4x20

** These exercises have not been done in a while since my last shoulder injury. I am slowly adding them back in to see how the shoulder holds up.

Stuck with 30-45 second rest between each set, and when I got home had a VERY nice rice/pasta/chicken meal. Insane mind/muscle connection all workout.

Josh
            Back to the basics!

Comment

Wow, my training thread was stickied? Oh yeah I'm sexy...

---------------------------------------------------------

Supplements taken:
              3 Red Acid Gen 2
              2 Scoops Purple Wraath
              1225 Bulk Cissus

Energy: 9/10 - Smooth energy, but somewhat of a rapid decline today. Still definately helped me get through the workout.

Focus: 10/10 - The mind/muscle and mind/pacing connection were off the charts. I felt in the groove for my entire run and didn't get bored at all during the swim.

Endurance: 8/10 - I ran out of steam on the last lap of my 500 distance swim, but I made it to the wall. I think the extra lap through my body off. Plus this time I did drill work BEFORE distance work. I think in the future I need to reverse that.

---------------------------------

Today was one of the first really 'nice' days we had outside here in Sioux Falls, the temperature actually made it ALL the way up to 46 degrees.. HEATWAVE!!!!!!!!! I ran around in shorts and a t-shirt all day, umm yeah I always do, and got NO weird looks.. talk about a good day to go to the gym.

I wanted to get out on my new Cannondale, but that was nixed due to the fact that I don't have my pump for it yet. I am going to try and talk the wife into letting me pick one up tonight, we'll see how that goes.

Anywho, I hit up the gym in the afternoon and knocked out an AMAZING workout.

Run:
              35 minutes, 2.6 miles total (4 minutes walk, 3 minutes run) +.10 miles from last run

Swim:
              100 warmup
              300 drill work
              - 100 kickboard (2x50)
              - 100 fin roll (2x50)
              - 100 fist drills
              500 distance (stopped once at the wall because I swallowed some water.. and by some I mean a SHITLOAD)

All this followed by some mad stretching. When I got home I made pork chops, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, and crossaints for the wife and I.. talk about a delicious dinner. And due to my expert portion controls, I got away with it all for only 700 calories, which is where my typical dinner meal falls in at.

The wife and I are going to church tonight with the in-laws, so I'll catch you guys on the flip side.

Josh
              700 cals You ARE a saint!

Don't burn yourself out Your workouts amount to about 10,000 cals

Nice log keep going buddy.
              President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
              www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

700 cals You ARE a saint!

Don't burn yourself out Your workouts amount to about 10,000 cals

Nice log keep going buddy.
                Hehe, no worries. I'm still taking down at least 3k cals a day, so it is all gravy. In fact, today I'm aiming for 4000, on an OFF day, muwhahaha.

SCT
                Back to the basics!

Comment

March 13, Sprint Training

Supplements:
                  Red Acid Gen 2 - 3 caps
                  Purple Wraath - 2 scoops
                  Bulk Cissus - 2500mg

Focus - 10/10 - Not only was my mind on point all day, but I was able to fight through some pain that came up during running.

Endurance - 8.5/10 - This would have been a 10 if not for the doms I ran into with my shoulders/triceps during swimming. Normally I would have done 1/2 mile swim, but just ended up doing 1/4 mile.

Energy - 10/10 - This would be where I shined today. My focus was on point and my endurance on the run was strong, but the real place it came into play was on energy. I actually increased speed on both events despite DOMs.

DOMs - 5/10 - Triceps and shoulders sore as heck, as well as some minor doms in hamstrings/glutes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a wonderful day off from the gym I woke up this morning ready to rock it out hardcore. However, I knew that swimming was going to be a chore due to the fact that I had some pretty intense DOMs in my Shoulders and Triceps, which is probably due to recently adding more workouts/weights to those areas. Today was a run/swim day.. so with no further ado:

Running - 35 minutes total
                  - 2.76 miles (+.16 miles from last w/o)
                  - 3 minute walk, 4 minute run (now in run dominant phase)

Running Notes - During interval 3 of 5 I began to have some slightly lower back soreness. Not sure as to the reason, but after another minute of running it faded into the background and I knocked up the speed on the last two intervals.

Swimming - 9 laps total
                  - 100 warmup (2 laps)
                  - 100 kickboard (2 laps)
                  - 100 6-kick roll (2 laps)
                  - 50 freestyle (1 lap)
                  - 50 fingertip drag (1 lap)
                  - 50 fist drill (cooldown, 1 lap)

After a nice cooldown in the hot tub I stretched and talked with a few people about the upcoming triathlon. I convinced them to do chip timing instead of having high school kids do timing. Anywho, gotta get ready for work.

Later,
                  SCT
                  Back to the basics!

Comment

Hey Stone,

Looking GOOD buddy.

What do you think the DOMS is from, the swimming?

CROWLER
                    President

Comment

Hey Stone,

Looking GOOD buddy.

What do you think the DOMS is from, the swimming?

CROWLER
                      I think the weight training the day before. I am just getting back into the swing of constant lifting, so DOMs are a tad more than usual.

SCT
                      Back to the basics!

Comment

SCT you wont believe it the temp for my race tomorrow is suppose to be 47 degrees and 15 MPH wind. Sounds like it is going to be cold getting on the bike after swimming.

CROWLER
                        President

Comment

Supplements Taken:

Preworkout -
                          2 scoops White Flood (weighed out since scoops are apparently a tad too large)
                          1 scoop Purple Wraath

Other -
                          Bulk Cissus 2500mg (upon waking, 8 hours later)
                          Red Acid Gen 2 (4 hours postworkout)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Workout Scores:

Focus - 10/10 - In the zone from start to finish, the only thing that distracted me was how fast the bottom of the pool was speeding by.

Endurance - 10/10 - I felt off the chain with endurance, even after my swim I felt like I had just done a warmup. Also, the bike ride (while admittedly a maintenance ride) felt almost TOO easy.

Energy - 9.5/10 - Again, a nice solid energy, though it came on kind of strong during the swim. I almost found myself going too hard which led to a somewhat shoddy stroke. However, I regained composure and said to myself damn this stuff is strong.

Pumps - 10/10 - Again pumps in tris/shoulders while swimming and even more so while shooting bball.. insanity.

----------------------------

Workout Details:

Swim -
                          - 1/2 mile total
                          - 150 warmup
                          - 150 kickboard
                          - 150 6 kick rolls
                          - 150 freestyle w/ fins
                          - 150 pull bouy
                          - 150 cooldown

Basketball -
                          - 15 minutes of shooting around
                          - Walk for successful shots
                          - Jog for missed 3s
                          - RUN for missed 2s

Bike -
                          - 5 miles, 13 minutes 22 seconds
                          - Maintenance Ride only

Cardio Notes -

I must be a glutton for punishment, because shooting basketball after swimming is a hard thing to do. However, I was still draining 3s like crazy even after all that swimming. I remember the first time I tried to swim and then shoot ball I couldn't even shoot from the freethrow line. I seriously think that my endurance is just 1000% more than it used to be. I feel invincible.

-------------------------------

Product Scores/Notes -

Taste 9/10, I think this will be my last 'tweak' of the water/pw/wf combo.. as I think I have gotten it as good as it is going to get. I used the following:

30 ounces COLD water
                          2 scoops WF (weighed)
                          1 scoop PW (heaping)

This actually tasted GOOD, in fact you could say I savoured it.

SCT
                          Back to the basics!

Comment

Good news, I have secured my final triathlon season sponsorship.. which means I'm loaded up will all sorts of goodies. I'd like to give a special thanks to Tank for being the first one to sign me up as a sponsored athlete, it really means a lot.

The following are my sponsors for the season:

Controlled Labs
                            Team Javelin
                            Team Carb Boom
                            Anabolic Innovations and Healthy Cheat Foods

With a support system that size who can go wrong?!

SCT
                            Back to the basics!

Comment

Good news, I have secured my final triathlon season sponsorship.. which means I'm loaded up will all sorts of goodies. I'd like to give a special thanks to Tank for being the first one to sign me up as a sponsored athlete, it really means a lot.

The following are my sponsors for the season:

Controlled Labs
                              Team Javelin
                              Team Carb Boom
                              Anabolic Innovations and Healthy Cheat Foods

With a support system that size who can go wrong?!

SCT
                              Great to be one of your sponsors SCT!

you are doing great and I REALLY respect what you have alredy done.

CROWLER
                              President

Comment

Great to be one of your sponsors SCT!

you are doing great and I REALLY respect what you have alredy done.

CROWLER
                                Crowler,

Thank you so much man, that means a lot coming from you as a friend, business owner, and a fellow triathlete.

I may have came a long way already, but you ain't seen nothing yet.

Josh
                                Back to the basics!

Comment

Working...
                                X