No announcement yet.

SCT's Triathlon Training, Sponsored by Controlled Labs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I had some classes with this cat that did them a few semesters ago and he kind of got me interested in them but I was a bit reluctant to invest the time and money into it (mostly the money) I have done a couple of 5k runs. But I deciced that this would be the year to make the leap. I am using one of the training guides from begginertriathlete.
    Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Once I finally got to the gym, after my snow adventures, I found that I was one of about only 10 people crazy enough to go to the gym in this weather. I walked around a bit enjoying the silent nature of the gym. You know, the gym is really a thought provoking place when it isn't all hustle and bustle. After changing into my swim gear I hit the pool for a short training session:

300 warmup (6 laps)
      50x4 kickboard drills (4 laps)
      50x4 sidekick drills (4 laps)
      50x2 Catchup drills (2 laps)
      50x2 Fingertip drills (2 laps)
      100 cooldown (2 laps)

Total: 20 laps

Monday I will begin doing distance work twice a week and drill work only once per week. Also, depending on the snow I will hit up the gym tomorrow for running and lower lifting. However, since I've trained 5 days this week it is an optional day.

Josh
      Back to the basics!

Comment

VERY COOL SCT!

As I said in a PM to you I am VERY proud of what you are accomplishing already!

You sure had a lot of people concerned about you and I know I speak for all of us WAY TO GO BUDDY!

I am doing a triathlon in 2 weeks! You have inspired me to maybe do a log myself.

Good luck!

CROWLER
        President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
        www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

Good News!

When I began my triathlon trianing I applied for sponsorship under a few of the multisport companies out there. I expected to receive either decline notifications or no responses at all. Much to my suprise this was in my e-mail this morning:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Graston,

Thank you for your request for athlete sponsorship and your interest in Sunburst Nutrition great tasting sports nutritional products. We are pleased to pass along the news that you have been awarded an athlete sponsorship for the 2007 season! We are very selective in the sponsorship process and strive to have great athletes on our team that are most importantly great people as well.

Congratulations and welcome to the team !

Sunburst Nutrition Athlete Sponsorship Team
          Sunburst Nutrition, Inc
          3450 S Broadmont Ave Suite 124
          Tucson AZ 85713
          ph 520-319-0008
          fax 520-319-9025
          www.sunburstnutrition.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now in addition to the Controlled Labs RaG2 sponsorship I have an apparel and energy gel sponsor!

Wow..

Josh
          Back to the basics!

Comment

I see on your weight training you are using 15 rep sets. What kind weights are you using, I mean is that 15reps to failure or on a weight you fail on like 20reps
            Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Obeast
              I see on your weight training you are using 15 rep sets. What kind weights are you using, I mean is that 15reps to failure or on a weight you fail on like 20reps
              For the 15 rep sets it is more like a 20 rep failure, everything is lighter weight and I've found that it is really giving me some extra pep and endurance for the lower body. However, the upper body is not responding quite as well.

SCT
              Back to the basics!

Comment

As you can see I'm trying out a new log format since I have an upcoming sponsored log. Plus I love messing around in microsoft office.

SCT
                Back to the basics!

Comment

Back to the basics!

Comment

What does your macro breakdown look like?

Comment

What does your macro breakdown look like?
                      It really depends on the day, but usually I fall around 40/40/20, with the carbs sometimes going higher.

SCT
                      Back to the basics!

Comment

Sweet that was my plan, I went to a tri forum and those cats didnt seem to know much about nutrition. I was planning on a 40/40/20 as a base and maybe adding in more carbs on the long training days if I felt like it was needed.

Comment

Sweet that was my plan, I went to a tri forum and those cats didnt seem to know much about nutrition. I was planning on a 40/40/20 as a base and maybe adding in more carbs on the long training days if I felt like it was needed.
                          I actually intake more carbs the day BEFORE and the day off a long training day. Especially on days where I am going to train multi-sports.

I almost went with a 35/45/20, but I didn't want to drop the protein at all.

SCT
                          Back to the basics!

Comment

March 9 Training

SCT
                            Back to the basics!

Comment

March 9th, Sprint Training

Wow, back to back blogs you say? Oh hell yes.

Today was a bike day and all I had planned was a 7 mile bike and then some light walking. However, due to a massive influx of energy/stamina/focus, I did more.

Bike:
                              7 miles, 20 minutes 19 seconds

Swim:
                              18 total laps (1/2 mile)
                              Distance work (450 solid)
                              Drill work (450 broken up)

I felt awesome and again I wish I would have had more time, because I'm just on fire lately.

Again, laptop is down for now so I am working on the PC and I hate it so the logs will be brief.

Josh
                              Back to the basics!

Comment

Great workouts! And BIG congrats on the 17 strokes per lap. Thanks for the log buddy.

CROWLER
                                President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
                                www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

Working...
                                X