X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And for the people who only read bb.com

Comment

Originally posted by strester
      the wraps are used to stabilize the knee, especially during squats ... and you stated earlier ...
      so anyone who is using wraps to stabilize their knee from the pressure it is put under during squats is doing the exercise incorrectly??
      Wrong knee wraps are used to cause spring out of the hole and actually increase patella tension causing a greater friction. Knee wraps cause knee injuries, knee sleeves save knees.

Ed Coan Squatting 685x5 RAW after having a complete knee replacement
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UxaJRuTtDY

Also Matt Kroc squatting a 1000 without knee wraps
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=dKc5CHQ4vPg
      Last edited by LancerV; 03-02-2007, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Spartan paging spartan?

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
          Wrong knee wraps are used to cause spring out of the hole and actually increase patella tension causing a greater friction. Knee wraps cause knee injuries, knee sleeves save knees.

Ed Coan Squatting 685x5 RAW after having a complete knee replacement
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UxaJRuTtDY

Also Matt Kroc squatting a 1000 without knee wraps
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=dKc5CHQ4vPg

lol, attempting to spread your wealth of knowledge to correcting strester? Some how I don't believe that anyone here would take YOUR word over his on much of anything. Knee wraps used to cause spring out of the hole? That's rich. Actually knee wraps serve the same purpose as the patellar bands that runners use when they have stabilization problems in the knees. Higher weight and greater angles of flexion will create more force on the knees and therefore require a stabilizing force. Knee wraps also assist in keeping the joints warm, thus keeping the sinovial fluid lubricating the joint and preventing problems. Amazing that you "lift with top lifters" but lack such knowledge.

Oh, and adrian, sorry about the thread hijack. You'll meet people like Lancer on any board, but the CL community is really good people otherwise.
          Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
          US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
            lol, attempting to spread your wealth of knowledge to correcting strester? Some how I don't believe that anyone here would take YOUR word over his on much of anything. Knee wraps used to cause spring out of the hole? That's rich. Actually knee wraps serve the same purpose as the patellar bands that runners use when they have stabilization problems in the knees. Higher weight and greater angles of flexion will create more force on the knees and therefore require a stabilizing force. Knee wraps also assist in keeping the joints warm, thus keeping the sinovial fluid lubricating the joint and preventing problems. Amazing that you "lift with top lifters" but lack such knowledge.
            You know dont have a clue what your talking about, knee sleeves are made to keep the joint warm with out the added force to them which is why they work better. And they dont serve the same purpose as patellar bands, also knee wraps do cause spring out of the whole other wise I wouldnt be able to squat 50lbs more with Knee Wraps vs without.
            These = Greater Knee Stress

These = stablization
            Last edited by LancerV; 03-02-2007, 04:54 PM.

Comment

... also you brought up knee wraps which are bad for your knees ...
              you don't advocate the use of knee wraps?

...also knee wraps do cause spring out of the whole other wise I wouldnt be able to squat 50lbs more with Knee Wraps vs without.
              you use knee wraps?
              jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
                you don't advocate the use of knee wraps?

you use knee wraps?
                Only for 1rm's. Most of the time I wear Rehband Knee Sleeves
                Last edited by LancerV; 03-05-2007, 02:48 PM.

Comment

You know dont have a clue what your talking about
                  Yes, he does.

Comment

I said it was actually a less strenuous/effective device. Locks in a body part, that's funny. True, ROM is limited, but that's it's design. You don't work as hard on a smith machine as you would on a free weight design. Also, how can a device as you say "lock in a body part" yet be "causing an imbalance of stabilization"? The weights DONT MOVE. THERE IS NOTHING TO STABILIZE. A smith machine gives you a set path of resistance which DECREASES the need to HAVE the stabilizating muscles to support.

REREAD FTW:
                    "The smith design makes the exercise more limited and actually easier on the body. It doesn't incorperate all the additional muscles a free weight exercise would use to the same extents."

Don't see where it says it's better.
                    Bingo... it doesn't make it "better" just different.

Anti-smith and anti-legpress = just another pathetic bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                      Yes, he does.
                      Thanks pu, appreciate that.
                      Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
                      Purple Wraath
                      Green Magnitude
                      Orange Triad
                      White Flood
                      Blue Up
                      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Alright fellas, time to put an end to the little e-fight. Adrian's thread has been raped enough and time to get back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                          Alright fellas, time to put an end to the little e-fight. Adrian's thread has been raped enough and time to get back on track.
                          I atleast apologized and tried to get it back on track....

Current Supps:
                          Purple Wraath
                          Green Magnitude
                          Orange Triad
                          White Flood
                          Blue Up
                          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

I atleast apologized and tried to get it back on track....

Yes you did and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X