Leg Workouts While Cuttin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LancerV
    What does knee wraps have to do with squatting incorrectly?
    since i have to spell it out for you ...

first i would like to thank you for pointing to one line in my entire post and ignore the question about research done showing improvement of knees as a result of squats ... classy

now, for your question ...

the wraps are used to stabilize the knee, especially during squats ... and you stated earlier ...

Also if your learn how to squat right it wont put any pressure on your knees so it wont matter about the lack of cartilage
    so anyone who is using wraps to stabilize their knee from the pressure it is put under during squats is doing the exercise incorrectly??
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
      don't listen to a complete stranger that spouts off because he thinks this and he thinks that ... you do what you feel is making the best impact for you and your goals
      It's pretty easy to tell when someone knows what their talking about, but thanks for lookin' out for me

My leg workouts are usually pretty grueling, and take days to recover from. So thats means 1 maybe 2 less sessions of cardio a week. I'm really trying to drop this fat, so I thought balls to the wall cardio would be the best solution. However, I want to retain as much lean mass as possible, so I didnt know if I really needed to keep up the squatting.

I'm still a lil newbish, just trying to get some advice!

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
        It's pretty easy to tell when someone knows what their talking about, but thanks for lookin' out for me

My leg workouts are usually pretty grueling, and take days to recover from. So thats means 1 maybe 2 less sessions of cardio a week. I'm really trying to drop this fat, so I thought balls to the wall cardio would be the best solution. However, I want to retain as much lean mass as possible, so I didnt know if I really needed to keep up the squatting.

I'm still a lil newbish, just trying to get some advice!
        keep the squats ... do light cardio the next day, unless you feel you absolutely need to take a day off ... then go balls out the following day
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

keep the squats ... do light cardio the next day, unless you feel you absolutely need to take a day off ... then go balls out the following day

Comment

Yea but leg press = bad on kness, SLDL shoudnt put any tension on your knees, same with DL's. Also if your learn how to squat right it wont put any pressure on your knees so it wont matter about the lack of cartilage
            That's a negative. Due to angle of stress on the knees, positioning of back, etc etc with relation to body kinetics and position of the weight's stress on the body, a squat is far more damaging to your knees than a leg press. Comparing a leg press to squats is like comparing a smith press to a regular bench. The smith design makes the exercise more limited and actually easier on the body. It doesn't incorperate all the addition muscles a free weight exercise would use to the same extents.

Also, have you DONE a SL/BL DL recently? To say there is no stress on your knees is hilarious. Better go look over the exercise again and understand WHERE the weight is affecting in much of the motions. Regardless if your back takes more load or less, the weights are pulled directly down by gravity. What's this, a downward force being inflicted upon the body would require the knees to aquire much of the force and tension during both the eccentric and concentric motions. BLDL and Squats only difference is the positioning of the weight in relation to the body and therefore the force of gravity actting upon the weights and on the body.

Anyways, back to topic, lower body work, IMO would benefit you even while cutting. You'll probably have a little more soreness or it'll last a little longer since the muscles will have less calories/nutrients to clear our lactic acid build up and repair said muscles as quickly.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
            Purple Wraath
            Green Magnitude
            Orange Triad
            White Flood
            Blue Up
            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
              That's a negative. Due to angle of stress on the knees, positioning of back, etc etc with relation to body kinetics and position of the weight's stress on the body, a squat is far more damaging to your knees than a leg press. Comparing a leg press to squats is like comparing a smith press to a regular bench. The smith design makes the exercise more limited and actually easier on the body. It doesn't incorperate all the addition muscles a free weight exercise would use to the same extents.
              Did you seriously just say the smith machine was better for you on benching......the smith machine is one of the worst machines to use if you have an injury due to the fact that it looks that joint or body part in place. It causes greater stabilization imbalance also which also leads to more injuries, did you get this info from a 24hr Trainer. Im not going to go into anything else after you mentioned this...

Comment

Did you seriously just say the smith machine was better for you on benching......the smith machine is one of the worst machines to use if you have an injury due to the fact that it looks that joint or body part in place. It causes greater stabilization imbalance also which also leads to more injuries, did you get this info from a 24hr Trainer. Im not going to go into anything else after you mentioned this...
                Reading comprehension not working for you? I said it was actually a less strenuous/effective device. Locks in a body part, that's funny. True, ROM is limited, but that's it's design. You don't work as hard on a smith machine as you would on a free weight design. Also, how can a device as you say "lock in a body part" yet be "causing an imbalance of stabilization"? The weights DONT MOVE. THERE IS NOTHING TO STABILIZE. A smith machine gives you a set path of resistance which DECREASES the need to HAVE the stabilizating muscles to support.

REREAD FTW:
                "The smith design makes the exercise more limited and actually easier on the body. It doesn't incorperate all the additional muscles a free weight exercise would use to the same extents."

Don't see where it says it's better. Too many stims this time of night for you? Or, must've been the Mike Tyson school of reading.
                Last edited by Spartan; 03-01-2007, 11:53 PM.
                Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
                Purple Wraath
                Green Magnitude
                Orange Triad
                White Flood
                Blue Up
                100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

so every lifter I've seen with knee wraps is performing the squat incorrectly? where is the research that squats improve knee cartilage? links are very helpful to distinguish between your opinion and actual facts

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Your retarded in more than one thing, your right I train with some of the top lifters in the world but I dont know what Im talking about

Comment

Reading comprehension not working for you? I said it was actually a less strenuous/effective device. Locks in a body part, that's funny. True, ROM is limited, but that's it's design. You don't work as hard on a smith machine as you would on a free weight design. Also, how can a device as you say "lock in a body part" yet be "causing an imbalance of stabilization"? The weights DONT MOVE. THERE IS NOTHING TO STABILIZE. A smith machine gives you a set path of resistance which DECREASES the need to HAVE the stabilizating muscles to support.
                      You answered your own question about stabilization in your paragraph

Comment

Did you seriously just say the smith machine was better for you on benching......
                        keep reading .... it's a lot of words, but you can do it

Your retarded in more than one thing,
                        it's you're (contraction of you and are), not your (possessive form) ... retarded? we're trying to have a educational open forum on this topic and you resort to name calling? ... if you want to make a generalized statement about something, back it up with actual research data from someone other than yourself ... not doing so is .... well, retarded

your right I train with some of the top lifters in the world but I dont know what Im talking about
                        get down from the ivory tower in your head ... they might be top in the world, but that doesn't translate into you knowing what you are talking about ... maybe they can help you find the research we are still waiting to see on the improved knee function as a result of squats
                        jdouchebag for president

Comment

You answered your own question about stabilization in your paragraph
                          appears to be a rhetorical question in the first place and did not require an answer ... more to illustrate his point

(http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=rhetorical)
                          jdouchebag for president

Comment

get down from the ivory tower in your head ... they might be top in the world, but that doesn't translate into you knowing what you are talking about ... maybe they can help you find the research we are still waiting to see on the improved knee function as a result of squats
                            Its called books I know not everything doesn't come off Bodybuilding.com, also you brought up knee wraps which are bad for your knees so Im going to take a stab in the dark and say you havent done much reading yourself
                            Last edited by LancerV; 03-02-2007, 08:07 AM.

Comment

My thread has been raped

I started using this board instead of bb.com's so I could get some good replies instead of people using my threads as arguement grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
                                My thread has been raped

I started using this board instead of bb.com's so I could get some good replies instead of people using my threads as arguement grounds.
                                On behalf of everyone let me apologize your thread got derailed. Do you feel like you got an answer to your question? If not I'd hit up ddawg via pm as he ALWAYS has solid advice.

SCT
                                Back to the basics!

Comment

Working...
                                X