Dustindos' Red Acid Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dustindos' Red Acid Log

I'm about a week into my Red Acid log on bb and wanted to share my experiences here as well. To get up to speed on how it has been going so far, you can follow the 1st week at the following link:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...19000&posted=1

Starting with yesterday's log (5/26) I will be posting my daily logs here and also in the thread above.

Thanks! Dustindos

Originally posted by dustindos
    I'm about a week into my Red Acid log on bb and wanted to share my experiences here as well. To get up to speed on how it has been going so far, you can follow the 1st week at the following link:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...19000&posted=1

Starting with yesterday's log (5/26) I will be posting my daily logs here and also in the thread above.

Thanks! Dustindos
    Awesome, Red Acid logs means you get my personal attention for the rest of the log

If you need anything lemme know Also email tank about the Red Acid Summer Contest.
    Back to the basics!

Comment

Day Eight: Friday was a good cardio workout, I went an extra 10 minutes (70 total) and 1/2 of that was at a faster speed than I usually run. Energy was good.

This was also the 1st day stacking Red Acid with 25mg Vpro. I could feel a little kick from that, but actually it was a lot less than I was expecting. Overall the sweating was down a bit over the past few days, but still alot higher than usual. Although it's a little disgusting to talk about the sweating so much, it is a good visible indicator to me of how well RA is working. Water intake is also high still. All in all feeling great and cruising along.

Comment

Day Eight: Friday was a good cardio workout, I went an extra 10 minutes (70 total) and 1/2 of that was at a faster speed than I usually run. Energy was good.

This was also the 1st day stacking Red Acid with 25mg Vpro. I could feel a little kick from that, but actually it was a lot less than I was expecting. Overall the sweating was down a bit over the past few days, but still alot higher than usual. Although it's a little disgusting to talk about the sweating so much, it is a good visible indicator to me of how well RA is working. Water intake is also high still. All in all feeling great and cruising along.
        looking good, thanks for coming over here to share with everyone
        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
        Purple Psyko
        Gold Feast
        Blue Gene
        Blue Growth
        REDuction AM/PM Shots
        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
        Orange TRIad
        White Flood (5 Flavors)
        Black Hole
        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
        Green Bulge
        White Blood 2
        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
        Blue Up
        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Day 9: Saturday was a lifting workout, which kind of drug a little bit. Not anything real bad like before I got my cals and protein levels up a bit, but just a little more than usual. I wouldn't read too much into it though, my Saturday workouts are always a little like that for whatever reason. It could be just the end of the week and the tank was running low, and it has been a busy weekend with other Memorial Day family stuff going on.

Comment

Day Ten: Sunday is technically my one-off workout day (diet/supplements stay the same), but I also usually keep busy. I spent most of the day doing yard work, so it was kind of an indirect cardio day.

As far as RA goes I am feeling great. My energy levels are very high without being noticeable from a stim standpoint, which is awesome. I haven't noticed any adverse effects from adding the Vpro so far. I will say that overall my sweating during workouts and throughout the day has gone down somewhat from the first week. That has been the case for a few days now so I can officially say that has gone down a bit, but it is still at a much higher level than normal.

Comment

Day 11: I cruised through a good cardio workout today. For whatever reason Monday night though I had the worst insomnia and only slept about 2 hours. I'm not sure if I took my second serving of RA a little too late in the day or if it was just something else. That was the first time I've had that since taking RA, so I am not too worried about it. I think it was just one of those bad nights of sleep that happens once in a while.

The weight loss with RA is continuing to go extremely well. It's not always easy to notice on yourself, but I visibly have lost weight since starting RA just 11 days ago. On Memorial Day I had 2 different people comment that they noticed it also, which always makes you feel good. My wife even said yesterday that she is going to have to go on a diet too if I keep losing weight like this just to keep from looking bad. So I took a peek at the scale this morning and had to do a triple-take, and I won't spoil it before Friday but it's looking good. To give you a hint there's a chance I may even hit my original 6 week loss goal by the end of week 2, which would seriously be amazing…

Comment

Day 11: I cruised through a good cardio workout today. For whatever reason Monday night though I had the worst insomnia and only slept about 2 hours. I'm not sure if I took my second serving of RA a little too late in the day or if it was just something else. That was the first time I've had that since taking RA, so I am not too worried about it. I think it was just one of those bad nights of sleep that happens once in a while.

The weight loss with RA is continuing to go extremely well. It's not always easy to notice on yourself, but I visibly have lost weight since starting RA just 11 days ago. On Memorial Day I had 2 different people comment that they noticed it also, which always makes you feel good. My wife even said yesterday that she is going to have to go on a diet too if I keep losing weight like this just to keep from looking bad. So I took a peek at the scale this morning and had to do a triple-take, and I won't spoil it before Friday but it's looking good. To give you a hint there's a chance I may even hit my original 6 week loss goal by the end of week 2, which would seriously be amazing…
                holy shit, that is amazing. looking forward to friday.
                REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                Purple Psyko
                Gold Feast
                Blue Gene
                Blue Growth
                REDuction AM/PM Shots
                REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                Orange TRIad
                White Flood (5 Flavors)
                Black Hole
                Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                Green Bulge
                White Blood 2
                Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                Blue Up
                Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Awesome... keep up the great work !!

Comment

The weight loss with RA is continuing to go extremely well. It's not always easy to notice on yourself, but I visibly have lost weight since starting RA just 11 days ago. On Memorial Day I had 2 different people comment that they noticed it also, which always makes you feel good. My wife even said yesterday that she is going to have to go on a diet too if I keep losing weight like this just to keep from looking bad.
                    That is the beauty of Red Acid, it combined with a good diet and hard work makes the bodyfat just burn off. I'm proud of you for your dedication and if you need anything just let me know.

Cheers,
                    SCT - The Red Acid Addict.
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement, it helps!

Day 12: Tuesday was pretty well messed up by my lack of sleep the night before and I was completely zonked the whole day. I was barely staying awake so although Tuesday is normally a lifting workout I had to make a substitution in my usual workout schedule and did cardio instead. Lifting in the state I was in just was not going to work. So I did my usual cardio workout which is 60 minutes treadmill plus a set of push-ups and sit-ups. As a side-note I sometimes change up and do 60 minutes on the treadmill plus stairclimber and leg lifts for cardio. I didn't like to do that since it kind of throws off my schedule this week. I'll end up doing 4 cardio/2 days lifting this week and I almost feel like I cheated myself, but I don't feel too bad since it was still a good workout and from a cutting standpoint I don't think it cost me (the extra cardio day might have even been better as far as weight-loss). Anyway I got a good night's sleep last night so I'm back on track now for my workout schedule. I also wanted to mention to all that I am pretty sure the lack of sleep last night wasn't caused by RA (hint: wife). My sleep other than that night has been very good since I started taking it.

Not to be gross again but I'm still trying to figure out the whole sweatiness with RA thing. It's always more than usual, but somedays it's not noticeable usually unless I'm doing some fairly brisk activity. Other days like today I perspire alot even just sitting around, so hopefully I don't smell like a horse. A small price to pay though . No matter what I'm always completely drenched during and after workouts. From the scale it seems to doing it's job either way, but I'm curious if it just depends on what food I take it with, time of day, etc. that makes it seem more or less so. I don't know, maybe it's working the same all the time and I just notice that effect more sometimes.

2 more days, it's close…

Comment

Day 13: Ok folks…I wasn't going to do this already but I'm going to for a couple of reasons. I had decided to myself before that if I hit my goal early I'll post it right away even if it's not on a weekly weigh-in, and also because I'm so *!#@ excited that I have to tell you. It also just dawned on my that today is exactly 4 months since I started this adventure (including pre-RA), so it's a good time to look at where I'm at from where I started. I think at the start of the log I was mentioned I originally started my quest to getting in shape in late January, but since then I found a spreadsheet where I forgot I had kept a brief log for myself and actually it was on February 1st when I finally got started and was at 337 pounds. Anywho…here are the numbers:

2/1: 337.0 pounds
                        5/19: 307.0 pounds (started RA, set 6 week goal of 297)
                        5/26: 301.6 lbs (-5.4 lbs on RA after week 1, started stacking with Vpro)
                        6/1: 294.6 (-42.4 lbs since 2/1, and -12.4 pounds in 13 days on RA)

The first thought that comes to mind is holy sh*t, I'm melting. Maybe I should have gone on that Biggest Loser show. But thinking about these numbers this morning I feel like they are almost so nuts that some here might think I'm full of it. Trust me, they are real, I don't have anything to gain by making this up. I'm at work right now but I'll try to get some new pics up as soon as I get a chance tonight or tomorrow. My doctor would probably give me cr*p and say that losing that much in 4 months, and a truly crazy almost a pound a day so far since I started RA, isn't healthy. But then again it wasn't healthy to weigh 337 pounds either. What's even crazier is that it's not like I've been on a starvation diet on RA - by any stretch. Here's my food intake yesterday which is basically what I have almost every day:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 sausage link (sometimes cereal instead)
                        Lunch: Cold turkey sandwich with cheese, baked chips, banana (other days I'll sometimes have a grilled chicken sandwich instead)
                        Supper: 2 grilled hot dogs, baked chips, another banana

Plus 4 ON Whey protein shakes with water throughout the day, which is 680 cals alone. A lot of times for supper I've even just had what my family has but in healthy portions, like pizza but 1-2 pieces instead of a 1/2 pizza like I would have ate in 2005 and before. Hell I even had a lite beer last week. I guess my point is I'm not starving myself and it doesn't even really feel like I'm on a "diet", which makes the results more mind blowing.

All of that said, I'm going to assume that maybe I've just had an (incredibly) exceptional response to Red Acid. I was at a plateau when I started RA which makes it more amazing, but I am also a big man so I have a lot to lose. What I'm saying is YMMV. If you weigh 185 and want to get to 175, I wouldn't expect it to go as fast as mine has on RA, and it would be great, but I still can't expect my loss to continue at this rate. It could be that once I got past the 307 plateau that my body let the fat floodgates open and I'm sure I'll hit the next plateau here at some point. But I did order my 2nd bottle of Red Acid yesterday so I can do a full 6 week cycle, and CL has sure made me a believer. As far as a new 6 week goal since I blasted by my first goal of 297 already (which is just plain funny), I'm going to say my new goal is 285 pounds.

Comment

I kind of spoiled and gave out these results yesterday but here are the official week 2 results:

Pre-RA weight on 5/18: 307.0 lbs
                          Week 1 RA results 5/26: 301.6 lbs (-5.4!)
                          Week 2 RA results 6/2: 293.4 lbs (-13.6 total, -8.2 lbs just in week 2)

Check out that I lost 1.2 pounds from yesterday's post alone. I thought the weight loss would slow down the 2nd week, but it's been unreal. Those numbers are right, I've lost almost a pound a day since starting RA. At this rate people at work are probably going to start thinking I had a gastric bypass or that I'm on meth. I was already eating right and working out at the same level for the last 3-4 months before starting RA, so I have no idea how it's working this well but it defineately is. I'm not sure what it is in Red Acid that's doing it but there is simply something in it that my body is using to burn the living daylights out of fat.

When I started this log I said it was mainly for people that are/were in my same situation, and if you are I'm telling you that if you stick with a decent workout routine and even just a modest diet this works. And I'm not a kid anymore, I'm 36. It would have been alot easier 5-10 years ago, so I really wish I had done this earlier. Not to give you my sob story but this is coming from someone who was a fairly buff 195 lbs all through high school and early 20's. How the hell I got to 337, I don't know - that was just my fault for overeating and not excercising for far too many years (major understatement). With fast food, pizza, sweet pop, etc. everywhere nowadays it's just not that hard to put on a lot of weight over time if you aren't careful. It's seriously depressing when people I knew back then saw me at 337 and didn't even recognize me (in a bad way). There was a point before I started where it seemed like there was no way to turn it around without something drastic like liposuction or a bypass, so if you are someone like that I know how you feel. But I'm going in the right direction now. I have noticed my upper and lower chest being a lot smaller in the last couple of weeks. I was able to wear some clothes yesterday that I wasn't able to wear in a long time. And a lot of my jeans and shorts are so big now that I have to cinch the heck out of them, and some are so big now that I can't even wear them because they would look silly if I cinched them enough to keep from falling off. Heck the jeans I'm wearing today I can hold out about 5 inches from my waist. And most of that I have noticed in the last couple of weeks since I started Red Acid. I lost a lot of weight before that which helped, but the weight I have lost since has been enough to put it over the threshold where it's really noticeable. I have a long way to go still but so far I am one happy camper.

Comment

Days 15 and 16: I made the mistake of ordering a resupply on my supplements later than I should have. Bodybuilding.com did a great job as always of getting my order out the same day, but USPS also took a bit longer than I expected. So I ended up having to go a few days without whey protein (so workouts sucked) and without Vpro (so no stacking). I did have a week's worth of RA left so that remained the same at 4 pills, 2x a day. Long story short it kind of messed up my routine and set me back a few days I'd imagine.

Day 17: Got my resupply from bb.com today which I was very happy to see. So 1/2 the day was on my usual supplement routine and back on Vpro and protein. Before I ran out I had planned to up the Vpro from 25mg to 50mg this week. Since I was without it for a few days I stuck to 25mg today, but I am planning on bumping it up to 50mg starting tomorrow. I have noticed that without stacking and no protein my weight loss slowed way down the last few days. It will need to make a big comeback the rest of this week or the weight loss week 3 will be a lot less than the first 2 weeks, but we'll see how it goes with stacking and better workouts now. It's hard to gauge that in a few days though anyway good or bad.

Comment

Days 18 and 19: Sorry, I have been slacking a little in my logs this week. I've been busy the last few days around the house putting in a new pool (just in time for Summer). It's not huge but fairly big, a little over 8000 gallons, so that's been a small project. I'm finally about done though. Indirectly it should be a little help health-wise to me and my family since they have struggled with weight problems too.

All in all I'm still going well with Red Acid. It's tempting to check the scale too often, which is kind of a trap I need to avoid. It's a bad thing because then it becomes discouraging if it goes up at all or doesn't go down much (which will always happen in a short amount of time). So that is something I need to heed my own earlier advice on. That said, my weight loss this week slowed down a lot earlier this week and even went up a couple of pounds. But it started going back down and my guess is that I'll end this week very close plus or minus to where I started. Maybe this was just my next small plataeu and it's too early to read too much into it, since the first half of this week was off without 1/2 of my other supplements. Next week's results will be more revealing on that. My guess is that the downward trend will move past this level more next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X