rant - scrutinized @ work for a healthy lifestyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rant - scrutinized @ work for a healthy lifestyle

So after several weeks of megadosing Xtend throughout the day and popping pills, I realized this morning how many questions I am asked on a daily basis at the office. I also realized that the majority of the people at work who question what I am doing are the obese women who are outside every 30minutes on a smoke break in 30 degree weather. So here is my typical day from any one of the obese women that work in my office:

*regarding my jug of watermelon xtend under my desk*
    Big Girl: "What are you drinking?"
    Me: "It's a BCAA complex. I'm mega-dosing it, which is why I have the jug."
    Big Girl: "It looks like pink lemonade." *snickers @ me*
    Me: *snickers back thinking she could use another Hostess Chocodile* "Ok."
    Big Girl: "Are you on a diet or something?"
    Me: "No, I'm not ON a diet. I've modified MY diet for a few weeks to meet some goals I have." *think to myself she might want to consider a diet since she sweats chicken grease when dialing a number with those little sausages she calls fingers.*
    Big Girl: "Whatever. Why don't you just drink water?"
    Me: "It's not the same thing."
    Big Girl: "Well I gotta go." *waddles away*

I have had this same conversation with a different person just about every day for the past few weeks. One day I'm just going to snap and tell these people what I'm really thinking ... and blame it on the increased testosterone from the Blue Up

Big Girl: "Why are you taking so many pills?"
    Me: "I'm on a cycle. I'd explain it more, but I don't think you really care."
    Big Girl: " It just looks like you've got some sort of problem because you take so many pills every day."
    Me: *problem? me? your face looks like you're storing nuts in each cheek for a long winter ... you're a judge-mental bitch* "I'm aiming to take the exact same dosage every day at the exact same times. I only take 4 pills here each day, so I don't understand the problem."
    Big Girl: "It's just an observation. Don't get defensive."
    Me: *I feel sorry for you.* "I'm not defensive. I'm just informing you that I only take 4 pills a day while at work and I hardly see how that translates into a PROBLEM."
    Big Girl: "Whatever." *rolls eyes at me and turns back to computer*

I am almost convinced that once a woman exceeds what is considered a healthy weight that the term "whatever" becomes a standard part of their vernacular and can be used as a substitute for a complete sentence in conversation. Maybe forming a sentence is too much extra work.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who deals with crap like this at work. Who else has had comments made because they're eating tuna fish at their desk and someone doesn't like the smell? Or people give you weird looks as you walk into the office with bags of food and are eating a meal every couple of hours to meet your caloric goals for the day?

--------

Going back and re-reading this, it dawned on me that I'm probably just as bad but in the opposite way. I'm sure I give people looks when I see them drink a diet soda and they look about 80lbs overweight. Or I hear people complaining about how cold it is in the morning and they didn't go to the gym, but they remember to bring in 3 boxes of cookies to snack on at their desk. Oh well. Not even sure what my original point was. Guess I was just over the crap that I have to hear each day because I choose to live a healthier lifestyle than most of the people I work with. And since there are more of "them" it feels like I'm being judged. Screw it. I do more between 4 & 7am than they do in an entire day.
    jdouchebag for president

Damn man, sounds like verbatum for my days at work. I keep my RA, CLA, or whatever else I'm taking in my coat and when I bust out the bottles I get looks. I try to explain but it's like talking to a fucking wall. Same when I bring in 4-5 meals JUST for work. However, my work schedule is so set that I can get 4-5 meals in perfectly in the 10 hours I'm there. And all I hear from the fat chicks is, "you eat too much, you should be eatting 1-2 a day no more than 1200 calories." Last time I heard that I was like, "Okay Jared, I'll run right to subway." Amazes me people think that is better for them to eat so little. No wonder they're so severly overweight and wonder why. Hell, eatting like I have, I'm at the weight I met my wife at 8 years ago (pre-mexican foods). Soon I'll be at my high school weight, and then start looking at a bulk. I can already imagine the stupid remarks that will come then...

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

I can relate, but in a slightly different way. You see, at one point I was nearly 400lbs. Imagine being that much overweight and the looks I would get from the 'small people' when I busted out the grilled chicken with brown rice and veggies for a meal at work. Now I'm not referring to the athletes who know what it takes day in and day out to earn the body they want, I'm talking about the natural 'i've-got-a-fast-metabolism-and-am-a-cocky-son-of-a-radioedit' people that like judge others without knowing them.

I'm an outcast from other overweight people because I won't partake in the shit they put into their bodies, because I won't take a girl scout cookie.

I'm an outcast from the normal weight people because all they see is an overweight guy doing something they don't understand.

I sometimes feel that I fit in with the athletes and bodybuilders, though many of them even look at me like I'm some kind of poser.

But in the end, I'm the same as YOU.. I do more before 7am than they do in a week.

Josh
      Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
        I can relate, but in a slightly different way. You see, at one point I was nearly 400lbs. Imagine being that much overweight and the looks I would get from the 'small people' when I busted out the grilled chicken with brown rice and veggies for a meal at work. Now I'm not referring to the athletes who know what it takes day in and day out to earn the body they want, I'm talking about the natural 'i've-got-a-fast-metabolism-and-am-a-cocky-son-of-a-radioedit' people that like judge others without knowing them.

I'm an outcast from other overweight people because I won't partake in the shit they put into their bodies, because I won't take a girl scout cookie.

I'm an outcast from the normal weight people because all they see is an overweight guy doing something they don't understand.

I sometimes feel that I fit in with the athletes and bodybuilders, though many of them even look at me like I'm some kind of poser.

But in the end, I'm the same as YOU.. I do more before 7am than they do in a week.

Josh
        I bet even the "athletes" you hang with couldn't keep up with the tri-athlete you're becoming. As soon as I started denying myself crap foods from work and eatting healthier, it is like you become an outcast for bucking the system. No wonder we're considered fat and lazy by other countries, because WE ARE. I refuse to continue being part of that and becoming my own nation without conforming to the "fast-foot, eat crap, suck down trans-fatty acids like water" crowds.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
        Purple Wraath
        Green Magnitude
        Orange Triad
        White Flood
        Blue Up
        100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

my gf is in that boat, everyone she works with gets that crap iced coffee shit in the mornings, along with mcdonalds, etc..etc.. She eats her oatmeal in the am, then a mid morning snack, then lunch is either tuna or chicken and brown rice. They all give her shit like she's too skinny now, but she's just trying to tone up, and its working. What I love is having her throw it in their faces when they see she's dropping sizes and becoming healthier and happier.

People like that CANT change, it's too much work for them. They are comfortable in their lifestyle, and cant accept that they can become healthier people.

Eat to live, not live to eat.
          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

heh.. this is pretty funny..

i haven't really experienced this much.. I guess in any case, if people ask me why i do what i do, i'll just lift up my damn shirt and say "STFU unless this is under your shirt "

www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries

i haven't really experienced this much.. I guess in any case, if people ask me why i do what i do, i'll just lift up my damn shirt and say "STFU unless this is under your shirt "

You mean that actually impresses people? *hides*
              Back to the basics!

Comment

Josh
                I like your determination
                REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                Purple Psyko
                Gold Feast
                Blue Gene
                Blue Growth
                REDuction AM/PM Shots
                REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                Orange TRIad
                White Flood (5 Flavors)
                Black Hole
                Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                Green Bulge
                White Blood 2
                Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                Blue Up
                Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

My boss told me "Jonnys my hero. He's never sick, hes ripped and everything he drinks always has colors in it" I guess it depends on the views of coworkers. Most of my coworkers are lifters too.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                    My boss told me "Jonnys my hero. He's never sick, hes ripped and everything he drinks always has colors in it" I guess it depends on the views of coworkers. Most of my coworkers are lifters too.
                    One of my coworkers always love to use the same old joke again...

Hey Josh, I worked out hard this weekend.. I did bicep curls with my beer.. har har har...
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                      yeah, my boss is a good guy...he's training for a triathlon, so he understands why we do the things we do ... it's the others that can bite me
                      jdouchebag for president

Comment

One of my coworkers always love to use the same old joke again...

Hey Josh, I worked out hard this weekend.. I did bicep curls with my beer.. har har har...
                        you will be the one laughing when he is laying on the floor with an MI.
                        REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                        Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                        Purple Psyko
                        Gold Feast
                        Blue Gene
                        Blue Growth
                        REDuction AM/PM Shots
                        REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                        Orange TRIad
                        White Flood (5 Flavors)
                        Black Hole
                        Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                        Green Bulge
                        White Blood 2
                        Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                        Blue Up
                        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                        GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                        Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Your man-gina would scare me away, thats a given.

Comment

I thought it was just the fact there was an asian over 6' tall standing there was enough to shut people up. I mean, wouldn't they just assume you know kung fu or something racial and stfu anyways???

Current Supps:
                            Purple Wraath
                            Green Magnitude
                            Orange Triad
                            White Flood
                            Blue Up
                            100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                              I thought it was just the fact there was an asian over 6' tall standing there was enough to shut people up. I mean, wouldn't they just assume you know kung fu or something racial and stfu anyways???

people are not usually ignorant enough to act like a child in front of me.. I have no problem telling them what I think of them if they decide to act otherwise.
                              www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Working...
                              X