X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Gym equipment

Holy **** !!!! this stuff is expensive

Anyone have a home / garage gym setup ?

Nah, to damn expensive to dry and hang my clothes on. One thing I learned about home equiptment it sits there and goes to waste. I personally prefer the gym that way I can hit it and split it!
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

I have a home gym set up. It is old school but does a GREAT job. BTW today I worked out, outside in the sun

CROWLER
      President

www.AnabolicInnovations.com
      www.HealthyCheatFoods.com

Comment

I have a home gym, if that's what you want to call it.

• Weider home gym. Now defuct. Was a system of pullies, included lat pulldowns, bench press, pec dec, leg extensions. The cable broke one day when I was racking some lat pulldowns. It didnt have enough weight for me anyways (only about 130lbs)

I now use:

• Standard barbell, 5ft'er and 7ft'er. I have 2 50lb plates and a bunch of 25's, 15's, 10's and 5's. Barbell exercises are the way to go.
        • Powerblocks (only go up to 45lbs ... good for curls, side raises, etc.)
        • Multi-purpose squat rack. http://newyorkbarbells.com/93132.html Might want to look into this. $149 + free shipping + adjustable arms.
        • old beatup bench
        • PowerTower for dips, leg raises, chins.

All in all, it wasn't too expensive:
        • Rack - $150
        • Barbell + weights - $200
        • Bench - Free, handmedown.
        • PowerTower - $120
        Most expensive thing was the powerblocks, which cost me around $200, but they were a gift.

Anyone looking for equipment: search the newspaper. lots of cheap shit there. plus newyorkbarbells.com has good deals when you get free shipping. freight on heavy things can run very expensive.

IMO, all you need is a bench, a barbell & weights, and a rack.

Comment

Here is what I definately CAN'T afford... but I'm limited on space, so it will have to be something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
            Most expensive thing was the powerblocks, which cost me around $200, but they were a gift.
            I hate the powerblocks... I have adjustable olympic DB's intead (definately don't have extra room for a DB rack and it would be a waste of $$$ IMO):

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
              I hate the powerblocks... I have adjustable olympic DB's intead (definately don't have extra room for a DB rack and it would be a waste of $$$ IMO):

Yah, they aren't that good. One of the weights on them got a little bent, and it's hard to seperate the weight now.

Comment

Here is what I definately CAN'T afford... but I'm limited on space, so it will have to be something similar.

Damn!!!! Why don't you check out something like this:

Smith + Rack ... or for less expensive option, just go with a rack

Comment

Damn!!!! Why don't you check out something like this:

Smith + Rack ... or for less expensive option, just go with a rack
                  Oh I'm making a list and checking it twice for sure... but I'm not training for powerlifting... so I definately need the following features (in addition to what a power rack offers):

- Lat pulldowns / tri pushdowns
                  - Onboard olympic storage
                  - Leg Ext / Leg Curl
                  - Cable crossovers
                  - Seated row (yes.. a must-have for me personally)
                  - Integrated preacher curls (free weight and all olympic hopefully)
                  Last edited by pu12en12g; 01-22-2007, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Oh I'm making a list and checking it twice for sure... but I'm not training for powerlifting... so I definately need the following features:

- Lat pulldowns / tri pushdowns
                    - Onboard olympic storage
                    - Leg Ext / Leg Curl
                    - Cable crossovers
                    - Seated row (yes.. a must-have for me personally)
                    - Integrated preacher curls (free weight and all olympic hopefully)
                    Yikes, good luck!!!

only 999$ + frt. i don't see any weight storage though.

Comment

Yikes, good luck!!!

only 999$ + frt. i don't see any weight storage though.
                      I may go with something more like this ($400 including 300lb olympic weights) , and get a power rack seperate (another $300-400 maybe):

Last edited by pu12en12g; 01-22-2007, 06:16 AM.

Comment

That's a good price, including the weight set. Make sure to get a quality rig when dealing with cables. The ones they got @ Sears and stuff will break on you after a while. That's why I like using barbells, they'll last forever...

Comment

Just curious, why a home gym?
                          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

That's a good price, including the weight set. Make sure to get a quality rig when dealing with cables. The ones they got @ Sears and stuff will break on you after a while. That's why I like using barbells, they'll last forever...
                            This one claims 2000 lb. tensile strength aircraft cable... for whatever that's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
                              Just curious, why a home gym?
                              Schedule mostly, and also time-management (not related to actual work schedule).

Comment

Working...
                              X