Need help with my cutting diet!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my cutting diet!!

Hey guys, well first off, i've been basically yoyo dieting for a while. At first around Decemeber 2005 i started real dieting, i was around 264 at 25% body fat, and then dropped down to 239 at around 20% body fat, while doing weight training, and cardio. But, as all of us do, i made a mistake, and layed off the heallthy life.. why? i dont know. Right now, im at 260, around 23% body fat or so. Right now im really stuck on what to do.. as i want to cut, but i dont want to loose any muscle if possible. I will post my ideal diet, the one i usually follow, please comment back, and advice, thanks.

Meal 1: 3 Egg Whites, 1 cup oatmeal
    Meal 2: 1 scoop whey protein with water, about a hour after first meal
    Meal 3: Salad with popcorn chicken, or chicken strips
    Meal 4: Tuna fish with brown rice, 1 scoop mayo
    Meal 5: Pre-workout, 1 scoop PW, and 1 scoop GM
    Meal 6: Post workout, 2 scoops whey protein, with water, and maybe a banana
    Meal 7: Chicken breast with salad.
    Meal 8: cottage cheese before bed.

The sups im on:
    Green Magnitude
    Purple Wraath
    Green tea extract
    Multivitamins
    SyneBurn
    Joint care
    Fish oil
    Flax seed oil
    Bone Strength
    Sesamin

Well thats the diet i TRY to follow daily. Its really only about 5 meals, cause i dont consider my Pre-workout, the cottage cheese, or the protein shake after breakfast a meal. Anyways, please tell me what you guys think. The reason i drink a protein shake a hour after breakfast is because, i dont eat again for about 6 hours, i have lunch at about 1. so. Oh, and can someone please clearify something for me? I was told if i drink protien shakes and dont work out it will make me fatter? I dont see how, because im just using water, not milk, and i was also told, Purple wraath can make you fatter to.. Anyways, i do weight training about 3x a weak, as of cardio, i just need to get my diet on path, please post suggestions, of even new diets. Thanx,

John B.

Meal 1: 3 Egg Whites, 1 cup oatmeal
    Meal 2: 1 scoop whey protein with water, about a hour after first meal
    Meal 3: Salad with popcorn chicken, or chicken strips Drop the popcorn chicken, use grilled skinless chicken in place, low/no-fat dressing.
    Meal 4: Tuna fish with brown rice, 1 scoop mayo use light/no-fat mayo or even light/no-fat ranch dressing or lime juice (trust me)
    Meal 5: Pre-workout, 1 scoop PW, and 1 scoop GM
    Meal 6: Post workout, 2 scoops whey protein, with water, and maybe a banana
    Meal 7: Chicken breast with salad.
    Meal 8: cottage cheese before bed. How close to bed? Shake might be better tbh

The sups im on:
    Green Magnitude
    Purple Wraath
    Green tea extract
    Multivitamins
    SyneBurn
    Joint care
    Fish oil
    Flax seed oil
    Bone Strength
    Sesamin

Well thats the diet i TRY to follow daily. Its really only about 5 meals, cause i dont consider my Pre-workout, the cottage cheese, or the protein shake after breakfast a meal. Anyways, please tell me what you guys think. The reason i drink a protein shake a hour after breakfast is because, i dont eat again for about 6 hours, i have lunch at about 1. so. Oh, and can someone please clearify something for me? I was told if i drink protien shakes and dont work out it will make me fatter? I dont see how, because im just using water, not milk, and i was also told, Purple wraath can make you fatter to.. Anyways, i do weight training about 3x a weak, as of cardio, i just need to get my diet on path, please post suggestions, of even new diets. Thanx.

Anything not used by the body (calories/fat/etc) can make you fatter but as long as your diet is sound, you have a caloric defecit, and are working out, that other is bullshit. Too much protein can add fat, but at your weight and by that diet, I doubt you are getting too much. Calculate it out. 1-2 grams per pound is safe. Good luck!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Thanks for replying, With the salad at the 3rd meal, it all depends on what the lunch room is serving, yea hate school lunch. And for the tuna, i always use the low fat mayo, and i dont use salad dressing with my salad. I usually eat the cottage cheese maybe 15min before i go to bed, since i dont have whey casein right now.

Comment

can someone please clearify something for me? I was told if i drink protien shakes and dont work out it will make me fatter? I dont see how, because im just using water, not milk, and i was also told, Purple wraath can make you fatter to..
        So you aren't working out ?

Comment

the only way to get fatter is like this

Calories in > calories out

It's science

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
            So you aren't working out ?

I am working out, but i usually have a scoop of whey protein about a hour or so after my breakfast, because i wont be able to eat for another 5-6 hours. I just have like 1 scoop with water, i dont see how bad that can be... anyways, and i've heard from some people that while they were on BCAA's it made them fat. I guess i need to stop going by what people tell me, but when i hear something new about a supp im taking, or about to take, i get really skeptical, as i dont want the same thing happening to me so i read up on it etc.

Comment

what is the science behind BCAA's making people store fat?
              A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto

It's science
                http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink10.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva

never said it was true, just saying it what i've heard from peoples experience.

Thanks for link, reading atm.
                  Last edited by John B.; 01-22-2007, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto

It's science
                    Reposted from pu12en12g's link because "it's science".

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink10.htm

However, the "calories in calories out" mantra fails to take into account modern research that finds that fats, carbs, and proteins have very different effects on the metabolism via countless pathways, such as their effects on hormones (e.g., insulin, leptin, glucagon, etc), effects on hunger and appetite, thermic effects (heat production), effects on uncoupling proteins (UCPs), and 1000 other effects that could be mentioned.

Even worse, this school of thought fails to take into account the fact that even within a macro nutrient, they too can have different effects on metabolism. This school of thought ignores the ever mounting volume of studies that have found diets with different macro nutrient ratios with identical calorie intakes have different effects on body composition, cholesterol levels, oxidative stress, etc.

Translated, not only is the mantra "a calorie us a calorie" proven to be false, "all fats are created equal" or "protein is protein" is also incorrect. For example, we no know different fats (e.g. fish oils vs. saturated fats) have vastly different effects on metabolism and health in general, as we now know different carbohydrates have their own effects (e.g. high GI vs. low GI), as we know different proteins can have unique effects.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
                      Probably comes from the same people who do bicep curls in the squat racks...

Current Supps:
                      Purple Wraath
                      Green Magnitude
                      Orange Triad
                      White Flood
                      Blue Up
                      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Working...