Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating and Dieting ...

How can these two co-exits?

I lot of the women that I date like for me to eat with them but my mission will not let me. Most of these women don't have to worry about putting on a pound but if look too hard I gain a pound...

Do the people who compete or going to compete just live the life of solitude?
    Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life
    James, Chapter 1, Verse 12

This is a topic that I'd love to hear some insight on from some of the guys who have a woman. I've been dating the same girl for over 3 years and she has learned to accept how I eat, now sometimes I let my guard down and will eat "badly" as she puts it, but sometimes its a struggle to strike a balance. She thinks I do it becuase I want to be "skinny", but eating 6+ times a day isnt going to make me skinny.

This can be a battle, just have to find a middle ground.
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

that's why i don't date.
      www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

The girl I'm dating put 30lbs on me by cooking & eating out ... woohoo for me. But u have a good point. She is dieting, and I'm bulking ...

Comment

I think it would be better to find someone that has same agenda...

_ had that happen to me... last Oct... .after my birthday I meet a girl and I was really feeling her. She always would like to go out and eat... I did not mind because I could find something healthy but after a while she would ask me too eat something a little bit here... The motto of an ALITTLE BIT WILL NOT HURT YOU. .. After so much of that I started on downward spiral.... then she broke my heart...I was always an emotional eater that did not help the situation any
          Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life

Comment

Personally I don't let my diet get in the way of my social life. I used to do that, it typically doesn't come across well to the lady if you're more worried than her about how you eat/look.

If its going out occasionally, enjoy your meal the conversation and the date..its one meal its not going to make or break you. Theres no fun to life if you give up everything.

Personally I come from a strong tradition centered Italian family...which basically means eating is carb-heaven. Its just another instance where...eating one meal with my family is a lot more important to me than worrying over what a single meal will do to me.

With that in mind you can still go out and enjoy yourself while still making healthy decisions. Most restaurants have at least a few things on the menu that aren't so bad for you. But once again, I usually just call it a cheat meal and leave it at that.

Comment

^^^Good Post ^^^

Comment

I'm African American and my observation is that we dont take care of our bodies.. I'm calling a spade a spade. When I get right and try to take care of myself .I'm looked at crazy...

FOOD IS RECREATION FOR MOST

Comment

Eat to live, not live to eat!

Comment

Originally posted by dazilla
                    I'm African American and my observation is that we dont take care of our bodies.. I'm calling a spade a spade. When I get right and try to take care of myself .I'm looked at crazy...

FOOD IS RECREATION FOR MOST
                    And? That matters why? You might be looked at as such, but you have a goal, a dream. Are you going to let peer pressure keep you as you are or are you going to work to change it? My wife is hispanic, and I gained about 30lbs by eatting there daily during dating and much into marriage. Now, if I do, she knows there better be something that I would eat, or I won't eat with her family. It's bad, but it's my life and my body. I'm much like you D at being an easy gainer and yes, it sucks when cutting. Stick to it though. Think about it, there will be some fine ass honeys looking when you're cut.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                    Purple Wraath
                    Green Magnitude
                    Orange Triad
                    White Flood
                    Blue Up
                    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

if you are important enough, they'll make time for ya..

Women will always complain about the way I have to eat every 3 hours.. Yet they've never gotten up and walked out of my life.. They just mention it every now and then.. I ask them if they are leaving, and they say "ugh, i'm just kidding "

if they tell you the reason they can't date you is cuz of the way you eat, lmao... then that ain't the reason they leavin' ya!
                      www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Amen, but I wouldnt give up what I have with my lady just so I can be a certain way.

So what in 30 years I wont be able to have a 6 pack, or bench 315, I'll be much happier with the one I love by my side

It's all priorities

Comment

Any ladies care to comment?

Comment

my girl makes fun of how I eat a ton. luckily she likes to cook and eat.. ex: we make eggs int he morning, she has like 1 or 2 and a piece of toast, i have like 4 or 6 and 2 pieces of toast lathered up in natty PB.

she doesn't know what my diets fully like yet cos ive been on an winter-break long cheat kinda ...

class starts next mond, as does my trianing and nutrition regime again. i hate getting lazy!!!

but yea, i think she'll be ok with it. if not, o well, ill replace her.

shes almost growing fond of my bed time toots.
                            Last edited by jiritt0; 01-09-2007, 02:56 PM.

Comment

conclusion: i need some shawty to come and cook for me!
                              www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Working...
                              X