ipod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipod

I got a ipod nano for xmas, i hate it, but since it was a free gift im forcing myself to use it.

do you need to use itunes to put music on it? i tried to add songs with windows media, after syncing the two, and i got like 100 songs. I think itunes converts them into some stupid ipod friendly version?

open iTunes

wait for iTunes to find your nano

create a playlist within your nano

drag and drop songs
    a)to that playlist
    b)to the nano under "music"
    Playlists are easier

Wait for iTunes to sync

Wala you have songs on your Nano under playlists

Now the Zune on the other hand is a MF to sync, software is a POS and it doesnt support video playlists (aka different folders)
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

I just open the USB port under my computer and copy the mp3s on there. F*** playlists!

Comment

I tried to sync songs onto it again with windows media... they show up opn the computer when its plugged in and I can play them in any media player, but when i unplug it they dont play at all..

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
          I tried to sync songs onto it again with windows media... they show up opn the computer when its plugged in and I can play them in any media player, but when i unplug it they dont play at all..

U S E I T U N E S !!!!
          www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

yeeeup.

Comment

i dont like itunes. i have like 10,000 songs in my windows player, I dont wanna have to load them all into itunes just so i can find 300 some to put on the ipod. plus i dont even know how to add songs to an itunes playlist.

Comment

Dude iTunes was programmed so a 4 year old could use it, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                  i dont like itunes. i have like 10,000 songs in my windows player, I dont wanna have to load them all into itunes just so i can find 300 some to put on the ipod. plus i dont even know how to add songs to an itunes playlist.

that is some strong whine!
                  www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                    I just open the USB port under my computer and copy the mp3s on there. F*** playlists!
                    ^^^^

Werd + F*** itunes
                    Originally posted by Sethva
                    Dude iTunes was programmed so a 4 year old could use it, seriously.
                    and 4 year olds everywhere probably love it

Comment

I'm sure there are programs out there that will let you add songs w/o iTunes.

RR - when I first got my nano (my first iPod) I tried that and it didnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
                        I'm sure there are programs out there that will let you add songs w/o iTunes.

RR - when I first got my nano (my first iPod) I tried that and it didnt work.
                        Did the icon not show up in "My Computer" or did your songs not play?

A) If the icon didnt come up on my computer, there may be a settings option to change from "Auto-detect" to "MSC".

B) If the songs did not play, check to see if there are different folders, and try placing them in there.

Basically, all an MP3 player is is a USB drive that happens to have buttons and a display on it. You should be able to transfer mp3s by dragging and dropping the actual file.

That's how I do it on my MP3 players. I'm not TOO familiar with iPods, but I'm pretty sure they don't require a playlist/software to transfer music.

Comment

I had an older mp3 player, it was a phillips/nike thing, and I just drag/dropped files over to it, but iPods are different becuase they put the music if special folders and rename them to some wierd name before you can play it - thats why getting mp3's off of an iPod to your computer is a pain in the ass.

Comment

JD -

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...es+alternative

Comment

Thanks for the help. whenever i get bored enough to make myself angry trying to get music on the ipod Ill check all this information out. right now, im too happy and content with life to want to knock myself off the pedastool with this apple bologna ipod of a joke. my cell phone holds more songs than this nano ! i just dont want to lift with it ever cos its too amazing to risk breaking

Comment

Working...
                              X