Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM and PW for the Pre Workout.. whats the post workout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM and PW for the Pre Workout.. whats the post workout?

hey guys,
    I notice alot of you guys take the combo of GM (Green Magnitude) and PW (Purple Wraath) as a pre workout combo for energy and pump.

But what do you take after your finished the workout?

I always take Creatine, glutamine and BCAA post workout to help recovery. This is for wrestling and weights (more speed, explosive power than bulking and size).

I have my samples of GM and PW here that I am going to try tomorrow hopfully (if not, then friday for sure) and if I like both, then I'll be buying the combo stack. But not sure about Post workout stuff.

What do you guys take?

Any info would help.

Thanks

protein shake right after....then food 90 minutes to 2 hours later.

I don't take any supplements other than protein powder post workout.

Comment

Originally posted by JThompson
      protein shake right after....then food 90 minutes to 2 hours later.

I don't take any supplements other than protein powder post workout.
      Thanks! I never really for some reason liked taking protein powders pre or post workout at all.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Comment

Immediately post I take 1/2 scoop GM, NOXidant, and Citrulline Malate. 45 min later is my post workout shake with carbs then 1 hour later is food.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
          Immediately post I take 1/2 scoop GM, NOXidant, and Citrulline Malate. 45 min later is my post workout shake with carbs then 1 hour later is food.
          Yup I do the same - I always want to get whole food in me by 2-3 hours post workout

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
            I am guessing NOXidant is an Nitric Oxide type stuff... no?

whats Citrulline Malate?

and what does each one of those do?

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by primalgroove
              its a selection of anti-oxidents used to combat free radical(s) damage caused by Nitric oxide use.its a scivation product and if you look hard enough you can find it very cheap.

if on a budget 500mg-2 grams of Vitamin C post workout would be a good start.

also a quality Whey protein + Low Gi Carbs (oats etc) post workout will definatly speed results as opposed to no protein at all. A whole food meal immed. postworkout is better than nothing however not optimal.

when your supplement experiance evolves start looking into 5-10grams of luecine with your post workout shake as well as 200-300mg R-ALA (or similar K-R-ALA NA-R-ALA whatever the flavour of the month is R-ALA is fine)
              Last edited by Da Main Man; 12-20-2006, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Main Man
                if on a budget 500mg-2 grams of Vitamin C post workout would be a good start.
                What will that do?

also a quality Whey protein + Low Gi Carbs (oats etc) post workout will definatly speed results as opposed to no protein at all. A whole food meal immed. postworkout is better than nothing however not optimal.
                I usually grab a bite to eat after my workout. Not right away, but definitly within the 30 to 40 minutes of my post workout.

when your supplement experiance evolves start looking into 5-10grams of luecine with your post workout shake as well as 200-300mg R-ALA (or similar K-R-ALA NA-R-ALA whatever the flavour of the month is R-ALA is fine)
                I'll be honest with you.. I dont want to make things complicated with all these different powders and pills. I am trying to keep things "as simple as possible". Having too many things is starting to cost too much.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks! I never really for some reason liked taking protein powders pre or post workout at all.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
                  Since you are a wrestler, and are very weight conscience during the season, you may want to consider taking a post workout protein shake. Its a good way to get some post workout nutrition and not consume a lot of calories. That way when it comes time to make weight for a match, you may not have quite as much to lose.

Anyway, just a thought.
                  All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things. - Bobby Knight
                  Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Comment

whats Citrulline Malate?

and what does each one of those do?

Thanks guys!
                    NOxidant is a antioxidant supplment but has been discontinued, but I hear they are revamping the formula.

Here is the low down on citrulline malate:
                    http://www.bulknutrition.com/a93_Citrulline_Malate.html

Comment

NOW superantioxidant looks good... otherwise just eat plenty of green veggies and get plenty of QUALITY, deep sleep.

Comment

Also, I think GG would help with weight reduction as far as keeping your excess water weight down. I believe that's one of it's benefits. I wrestled too in HS so I know the pain of trying to make weight, though I would NOT condone anything that I tried to make weight that was "tried and true" by my coach. Screws up your body tbh. For me, post-workout, it's 16oz milk (skim or 1%, doesn't matter to me) with 2 scoops protein so that gets me about 40-50g right there and the calories aren't too bad. Shortly after, about an hour or two, I'll have my meal (lean meat and veggies, etc). If not high on protein shakes, try meal replacement (Met-Rx etc) or lean meats (chicken, etc) in place. Good luck!

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                        US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Thanks guys!

whats a good protein to look into thats good quility but doesnt break the bank?

Spartan... whats GG?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks guys!

whats a good protein to look into thats good quility but doesnt break the bank?

Spartan... whats GG?

Thanks
                            Glycergrow. Check it out. Should really help. A good protein will range from 15-25 bucks, so depends on what you can afford. Personally, I like Optimum Nutrition's Chocolate and French Vanilla. About $20-25 bucks a 2-3lb container. Usually lasts me 3-4 weeks per container. That's the best one I've seen as far as mixability, taste, etc. Check on the sights that controlled labs has for retailers, or bodybuilding.com. Comparison shop.
                            Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
                            Purple Wraath
                            Green Magnitude
                            Orange Triad
                            White Flood
                            Blue Up
                            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
                            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                              Glycergrow. Check it out. Should really help. A good protein will range from 15-25 bucks, so depends on what you can afford. Personally, I like Optimum Nutrition's Chocolate and French Vanilla. About $20-25 bucks a 2-3lb container. Usually lasts me 3-4 weeks per container. That's the best one I've seen as far as mixability, taste, etc. Check on the sights that controlled labs has for retailers, or bodybuilding.com. Comparison shop.
                              The Optimum Nutritions protein that your talking about.. is that the "100% whey"?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X