OMNOMNOMing Log with ProNom 23 Vanilla Cupcake Batter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMNOMNOMing Log with ProNom 23 Vanilla Cupcake Batter

Thanks CL for letting me log your New VCB Protein via Bodybuilding.com! I enjoy your supplements as they are high quality and very effective. Logging this is just the icing on the cake. I figure I'd show some love back by logging here and at bodybuilding.com. Both with be nearly the same so no need to follow both.

(Not pictured are the empty CL tubs and a Pronom 23 CCB ordered from MHQ )

About Me
    Training: 5 days a week
    Diet: Bulking 3700-4k calories (450c 200p 80f)

Basically I'm just getting back into shape after a 3 year stint. Currently using OT/OM Fish Oil for health/wellness. CL Green Mag/Glycergrow/WB2 are all used for training. GF I use post workout to get those extra quality macros and calories. Pronom will be used in a weight gainer shake that I make which consists of oatmeal,banana,yogurt,almond milk and pb. With VCB and CCB there are many interesting things to be made with these unique flavors so I'll see what I can come up with.

So Let's start Nomming!

Initial First Taste Review of VCB

So upon opening the tub, you're greeted with a sweet scent of vanilla cake batter. Not just ordinary vanilla, but vanilla cake batter! I could have sworn I just opened a box of Betty Crocker's Vanilla cake mix, but no it's Pronom 23 VCB! I think making a CL Protein was definitely the only other big thing to do and they did it big. I've been looking for a good protein powder with a good amount of macros, good taste with a fairly good price. Each 4lb tub gets you about 53 servings for about 47.99. I've found 5lb tubs for about that price, but after trying it out here's where I may look the other way.

Smell 10/10: Like I mentioned before, I swore I opened a box of vanilla cake mix. Where most Protein powders lack any type of smell, CL's VCB smells like the real thing. One thing comes to mind...Quality. Either that or there's real cake mix in the tub.

Mixibility 10/10: Used 1 scoop with about 6oz of water with a blender bottle. With minimal shakes there was no clumps at all. No dry residue no nada.

Taste 100/10: Is there really cake mix in this thing? Seriously. Not to sound like too much of a fan, but CL nailed it with a vanilla batter flavor. It was a bit sweet considering I only used about 6oz of water, but nonetheless it tasted exactly like a vanilla cupcake batter. The taste is very rich and sweet. With each sip these images kept popping in my mind:

Consistency:9/10Great thickness with just 6oz of water. I'm assuming 8-10oz will make it lighter and a bit less sweeter. Will see how the consistency is with other protein creations.

Overall, good product so far. Unfortunately I have half a tub of protein that will just have to wait to be finished. Who knows, I may not even finish it if I get my hands on more ProNoms!
    Last edited by obey46; 10-25-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Sweet review!!
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Thank you! It's freaking tastey!

Comment

10/26/12

Workout: Rest Day

Rest day yesterday. Added Pronom VCB to my weight gainer shake. I also added a dash of cinnamon and it tasted just like a milkshake. I'm surprised it almost tasted like there was some ice cream in the mix with ice and a frozen banana. Got a great cheat meal in mind to have this shake with.

Comment

10/27/12

Workout: Chest/Tri/Abs

Had a great workout today which made up for last week's fluke. Had a few PR's as well. I kept thinking of that shake I made yesterday throughout my workout. I'll make another one later in the day. Went shopping for some groceries since I have some interesting concoctions to make with Pronom this week. Made some VCB protein bars today. Hoping they turn out good. Pics/nutritional info coming soon!

Comment

Pretty easy recipe. I'm bulking so the macro's are a bit higher than your normal bar. The bars need to freeze a bit longer. As far as the taste goes, the VCB was not overshadowed at all by the pb, honey or chocolate. They actually complimented the VCB very well. It was a bit too sweet since I used 3 tbsp of honey. Gotta love the sugar free fudge though! Vanilla cupcake batter in protein bar form. Nuff said! Or should I say Nom said!
              Last edited by obey46; 10-27-2012, 09:03 PM.

Comment

10/28/12

Workout: Back/Bi's

Good workout today. Still had enough energy to do a bit of cardio. Thought about those bars and ate it post workout. Freezing it over night made it crunchier. The almonds helped alot too. The fudge doesn't freeze so well, but who doesn't love thick chocolate fudge. Close up of that bomb ish!

Comment

10/29/12

Workout: Legs/Shoulders

Love hate leg days as it wears me out. Had a Pronoms in my weight gainer shake and added a few blueberries. Didn't have much of an appetite all night so instead of eating my last meal I made some Proats with 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 cup of almond milk and a scoop of VCB. Needless to say it was so tastey it brought my appetite back. What I like about VCB is that it has just the right amount of sweetness.

Comment

11/3/12 - 11/5/12

Workout: Chest/Tri/Abs - Back/Bi's Legs/Shoulders

The workout this weekend went well. Had a few gains and my weight gain is back on track. Lately I've just been using VCB Pronoms on my homemade weight gainer shake and nothing really new. However I received CCB in the mail last week. I do plan on making some cheesecake bites tomorrow using VCB and CCB. Busted out the cake mixer, cleaned out the pans so it's on like donkey kong. I'll use minimal ingredients as the VCB is sweet already. With the baking/cooling and freezing I should have some pics by Wednesday.

Comment

11/3/12 - 11/5/12

Workout: Chest/Tri/Abs - Back/Bi's Legs/Shoulders

The workout this weekend went well. Had a few gains and my weight gain is back on track. Lately I've just been using VCB Pronoms on my homemade weight gainer shake and nothing really new. However I received CCB in the mail last week. I do plan on making some cheesecake bites tomorrow using VCB and CCB. Busted out the cake mixer, cleaned out the pans so it's on like donkey kong. I'll use minimal ingredients as the VCB is sweet already. With the baking/cooling and freezing I should have some pics by Wednesday.

Comment

11/7/12

Workout: Arm Day

Short but sweet workout for Tri's and Bi's. Got my pump on with GC and GM. Yesterday I made some cheesecake bites. About 3 of them were plain vanilla and the rest were blueberry. I didn't know what to expect with using the protein powder as I was afraid it would make the batter too thick. I didn't have much left to use CCB, but I'll definitely make it before this log ends. Overall the cheesecake came out good with a slight soft cake texture. I added a few packets of Splenda just so it wouldn't come out bland. However the VCB was sweet enough. The blueberries complimented the vanilla just right. For now I'm enjoying these mini-noms!

Comment

11/8/12

Workout: Shoulder Day

Had an extended shoulder day today at home. These extra workouts at home have been defining my arms and shoulders over time. Had a chocolate pronom cheesecake bite today post workout. Later in the day I made a Pronom milkshake with the leftover blueberries I had. Tasted very delicious. All that was missing was some fries w/ that shake.

Comment

11/10/12 - 11/12/12

Workout: Chest/Tri/Abs - Back/Bi's - Legs/Shoulders

Another great workout this weekend. A bit lackluster to not update a protein log w/out treats, but for the most part I've been using VCB as my weight gainer shake,sludge and with almond milk. What makes CL's VCB different than most protein is that it's more savory and enjoyable even on it's own. Got some unique treats to make tonight that I haven't quite seen yet with this round of creative Pronom treats. My taste buds are salivating just thinking about it.

Comment

11/14/12

Workout: Arms

11/15/12

Workout: Shoulders

Great home workouts the past two days. Last night I've been making some treats. Pronom VCB Donuts that is! Kinda pissed this morning though. I wanted to have coffee and donuts when I first got up. Walked down stairs to the kitchen to find half the donuts have been jacked. WTF! Well good thing these donuts are really simple to make. I made a baker's dozen ,but I ate a couple before I could take a picture. Need to perfect the recipe a little as I wan't to keep the donuts pure protein and nearly carbless.

Right out of the donut maker

Stevia powdered sugar
                              VCB Glaze
                              Sugar Free Fudge glaze

Nom Nom

And yes, it tastes pretty delicious!

Comment

Working...
                              X