Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: El Pena's Blue Up, Purple Wraath, NOS Precursor Log (unsponsored)

Default Days 47 - 49

Nutrition
    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...?Owner=El+Pena

Nice workouts the last couple days, off day today. Got some great comments that I look alot leaner from a few people at a school where I work on occasion, this is great considering I'm about 10lbs heavier than when they last saw me. After my not so good experiment with bulking with high carb intake this is some good news, my arms are starting to get veiny again so definitely another great sign.

Default Day 50

Nutrition

Excellent workout today, everything went better than anticipated, endurance during the run was great as well, although I almost ran into one of the trainers and her trainees they were taking up the whole track , and to make it even better my shoes came untied with a couple laps to go. Took me a few tries to set up the T Bar rows, ended up using a squat rack and some plates up against a wall to keep the bar from moving on me, worked great although having to wait for one of the two racks might be annoying in the future.

PR's 3RM

Seated Single Leg Press - 210 +60
    T Bar Row - 190 (new)
    Dips - 20 reps (done till failure instead of 3RM because I don't have a dip belt) +4reps
    Wide Upright Row - 125 +15
    Rope Pressdown - 140 +20
    Hammer Curl - 45 +5
    Rev. Crunch - 20 (new), ok this was hard , had trouble balancing the weight hopefully I'll get better at this in the coming weeks.

Cardio Run: 1.2 miles have to get my endurance up for class so I'll be adding .1 mile each week.
    Last edited by El Pena; 02-05-2007 at 07:55 PM.

Default Been a while Update

Well its been a really busy week, lots of exams, work, and participating in a fundraiser for my club, finally have some free time to myself and decided to get some thoughts down, although its back to studying later today.

So far school has been good this semester and has not affected my workouts too much, diet has been good and changing to 3 meals a day with pre/post workouts shakes worked well despite some initial reservations of how it would affect my results. Despite eating low carb during the week my strength has not seemed to be affected when I do 3RM sessions on Thursdays, as expected Monday sessions are always the easiest in terms of energy and endurance. My endurance is slowly building up although long term I will probably go back to doing sprints and doing short running sessions once the semester is over and I don't have to run for school.

As far as my thoughts on the supplements, so far I like what I'm seeing as noted strength has continually increased despite my diet being right around maintenance, the slight increase in cardio, and the work I put in during labs at school. Pumps have been intense on the days when I go light and do high rep work, good on the days I go heavy, and not very noticable on days I do 3RM's although the lack of pump on these days is expected.

Nutrition

New PR's

Deadlift - 375 +10
    Split Squat - 175 +35
    Single Leg Ext. - 130 +30
    Face Pulls - 120 +30
    Last edited by El Pena; 02-11-2007 at 11:16 AM.

Default Weekly Update

Things continue to go well in the gym and in school, strength and endurance have been great, I added sprints on wednesdays with no change in my ability to complete my workouts. My left shoulder is acting up a bit, but has not prevented me from doing what I plan. Looking forward to testing out SciVation's cissus in the coming weeks.

Diet has been going well, I haven't noted major changes in scale weight but am seeing good things in the mirror.

Nutrition

New PR's

Front Squat - 175 +10
    BB Row, pron. - 185 +35
    Bent Rear DB Laterals - 70 +15
    CB Curl, narrow - 90 +10
    Leg Press, narrow - 950 +140
    One Arm DB Row - 120 +5
    Dips - 22 +2reps

Haven't updated in a while, I finished the combo last week and will post final numbers and final thoughts this weekend.

Default Final Update

Well it's been a couple weeks since I finished this stack, since then strength has remained about the same, hoping this will last a while as I'm going on an extended 6 month cut. The recomp went fairly well, managed to lean out a bit while getting stronger, and with plenty of energy. All 3 RM PR's set during cycle listed below. I'm going back to basics for a while mainly due to financial reasons as I need to save up for tuition, and come summer I'll be starting my first clinical rotation which means no income for a couple months so every little bit I save counts.

Squat - 255 +10
    BB Row, sup. - 205 +30
    Low Pulley Crossover - 160 +20
    Overhead Tricep DB Ext. - 110 +10
    DB Lateral Raise - 35 +7.5

Romanian Deads - 245 +15
    High Pulley Crossover - 220 +20
    Power Clean and Press - 120 +25
    Seated Cable, narrow - 240 +20

Seated Single Leg Press - 210 +60
    Rope Pressdown - 140 +20
    Hammer Curl - 45 +5