RR's 30 days of Pain stack & workout plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR's 30 days of Pain stack & workout plan

Hey yall, it's that time again... Planning a 30 day intensive bodyweight cycle.
    Each product I will use will have exactly 30 days worth. I
    This will be testing out the new equipment I picked up: "the Rack" (as seen on TV), and a new mountain bike.

The Stack

Blue Gene (anabolic optimizer)
    5 tabs pre-workout

Blue GrowtH (GH booster/sleep help)
    5 caps prebed

Purple PSYKO (Leucine + Hydrowhey)
    2 scoops during workout

Green MAGnitude (Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Tyrosine, etc)
    1 scoop pre workout

Orange Stack (TRIad, Oximega fishoil & Greens)
    with meals

Gold FEAST (post workout protein, carbs, fats, veggies & fruits)

notes on stack:
    the Blue Gene & Green MAG will provide a heavy punch to fuel my workout. I opted out of stims or pump products, as Blue Gene seems to do the trick on both ends.

The Purple PSYKO & Gold Feast I'm really counting on to increase recovery, as well as the Orange stack. Recovery will be a major part in making this work, as the workout itself is quite grueling (I've done it twice before.) The strong dose of Leucine, Hydrowhey and protein/carb blend in Gold Feast should be enough.

The other aspect of recovery I will need is the Blue GrowtH. Luckily (or unluckily?) I'm unemployed so I'll be able to sleep in during the mornings.
    The Workout
    Mondays & Thursdays - Upper Body

the 300
    100 pushups
    100 inverted rows
    100 dips
    This will be done as fast as possible, switching from exercise to exercise (30 pushups, 20 pullups, rotating so that it equals 300.)

Tuesdays & Satudays - Lowerbody
    300 bodyweight squats, 20 minute bike ride
    As you can see, it's minimal as far as exercises. Anyone that knows me, know that I take a workout, cut it in half and work twice as hard as what's left. My forte is compound, bodyweight exercises, sometimes with a 20lb weight vest. I've found the best results have been with bodyweight exercises done in a fast paced manner. I cut any direct arm or isolation exercises, as anyone knows large amounts of chins, rows and dips will get the job done.

Any thoughts, comments, concerns will be welcome. I plan on posting my review of said workout, products (both supplements and hardware) when I finish.

Thank you and God bless!
    RR
    Last edited by RenegadeRows; 06-14-2012, 04:30 PM.

Interesting contraption.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

It's a great space saver, and since yesterdays workout I feel it works very good

Comment

In on this!

Comment

I don't see why one would need such an in depth supplement regime on a bodyweight program.. As verkhoshansky would say, it is like treating the common cold with the strongest antibiotics known
          --lllll--------lllll--
          IRON MIND

Comment

Dips were nice today. Feeling it all over.

Good recovery. I enjoyed drinking the WRAATH, and felt more energy throughout the day with the Blue Gene, with a more positive feeling.

Tomorrow I'll do legs, abs and biceps. I'll post the workout up.

Comment

Originally posted by FeMind View Post
              I don't see why one would need such an in depth supplement regime on a bodyweight program.. As verkhoshansky would say, it is like treating the common cold with the strongest antibiotics known
              LOL! You prefer the iron eh?

Kane does alot of both, I dig his bodyweight exercises.

Comment

I enjoy training and applying the sciences that influence adaptation in the most effective and efficient manner for an individual to obtain their goals. If said goals are not athletic based, I find training to be extremely easy (in terms of program design - the magic is in the intensity/consistency which the program is implemented). Most people over complicate things by following what is "trendy" in the bullshit fitness world and buying into companies marketing hype rather than time tested scientifically driven methodologies and principles.

Here is a bit I just emailed some kids doing their senior projects under my supervision:

"The public usually feels far more comfortable with cerebrally undemanding mantras and 'fast food' solutions than with far more accurate, more complex methods. That is a major reason why many fitness figures write as they do and market their catch phrases simplistically as they do - society has been processed by the mass
                media to behave like that and they usually do not want to be forced to think too deeply or to have their convenient current beliefs questioned, because that entails a serious threat to their psychological safety. Humankind has always been like that and they receive what they have been processed or educated to want."

Dr. Yuri Verkhoshansky & Dr. Mell Siff, Supertraining: pg. 420, Published by Verkhoshansky, 2009.

But yes, I am a meathead. I am very open about this. Better to be a meat head then a fat ass or girly man. My goal is to squat 750+ raw (konos + a belt), bench 405+ in a tee shirt, and pull at least 700+ (with just a belt). When that occurs I will take a step back and reassess where I am at and if I wish to continue towards bigger and better things or explore other opportunities in life. I have a bit of a ways to go. Thankfully I am by no means a gifted lifter or athlete, everything I earned in athletics and most recently as a coach came through hard work and education. This is a huge asset when it comes to the results people get while training under me - often times the gifted never need to really learn the trade so they can only teach what worked for them, but 99% of the world is not equally gifted.

Bodyweight exercises are of value; everything in the toolbox works sometimes but only a fool would use a screwdriver to drive a nail through wood. I find them primarily useful for those extremely weak and those that have never touched a barbell in their life. Other uses are for finishers at the end of a session where you want to challenge someone mentally and physically while taxing a specific energy system without a large risk of injury . They also have value during recovery/restoration periods as they do not significantly tax the central nervous system, unless the person is weak.

Unless you are a double of Kane, do not think you will look like him or perform like him by following a similar program. A high school sprinter will not respond well to Bolts program, etc. As Vasili Alexeyev wrote in the Science of Winning, "Even though the copy may be a good one, it will always be a step away from the original."

Again, I would take that bowflex thing you bought back to target, get your 100$ back, then go buy Supertraining and study the hell out of it. Your life will never be the same if you can grasp the ideas Verkhoshansky provides.
                --lllll--------lllll--
                IRON MIND

Comment

I enjoy training and applying the sciences that influence adaptation in the most effective and efficient manner for an individual to obtain their goals. If said goals are not athletic based, I find training to be extremely easy (in terms of program design - the magic is in the intensity/consistency which the program is implemented). Most people over complicate things by following what is "trendy" in the bullshit fitness world and buying into companies marketing hype rather than time tested scientifically driven methodologies and principles.

Here is a bit I just emailed some kids doing their senior projects under my supervision:

"The public usually feels far more comfortable with cerebrally undemanding mantras and 'fast food' solutions than with far more accurate, more complex methods. That is a major reason why many fitness figures write as they do and market their catch phrases simplistically as they do - society has been processed by the mass
                  media to behave like that and they usually do not want to be forced to think too deeply or to have their convenient current beliefs questioned, because that entails a serious threat to their psychological safety. Humankind has always been like that and they receive what they have been processed or educated to want."

Dr. Yuri Verkhoshansky & Dr. Mell Siff, Supertraining: pg. 420, Published by Verkhoshansky, 2009.

But yes, I am a meathead. I am very open about this. Better to be a meat head then a fat ass or girly man. My goal is to squat 750+ raw (konos + a belt), bench 405+ in a tee shirt, and pull at least 700+ (with just a belt). When that occurs I will take a step back and reassess where I am at and if I wish to continue towards bigger and better things or explore other opportunities in life. I have a bit of a ways to go. Thankfully I am by no means a gifted lifter or athlete, everything I earned in athletics and most recently as a coach came through hard work and education. This is a huge asset when it comes to the results people get while training under me - often times the gifted never need to really learn the trade so they can only teach what worked for them, but 99% of the world is not equally gifted.

Bodyweight exercises are of value; everything in the toolbox works sometimes but only a fool would use a screwdriver to drive a nail through wood. I find them primarily useful for those extremely weak and those that have never touched a barbell in their life. Other uses are for finishers at the end of a session where you want to challenge someone mentally and physically while taxing a specific energy system without a large risk of injury . They also have value during recovery/restoration periods as they do not significantly tax the central nervous system, unless the person is weak.

Unless you are a double of Kane, do not think you will look like him or perform like him by following a similar program. A high school sprinter will not respond well to Bolts program, etc. As Vasili Alexeyev wrote in the Science of Winning, "Even though the copy may be a good one, it will always be a step away from the original."

Again, I would take that bowflex thing you bought back to target, get your 100$ back, then go buy Supertraining and study the hell out of it. Your life will never be the same if you can grasp the ideas Verkhoshansky provides.
                  I love your post! I agree with just about everything you said. I appreciate the input!

I have a different opinion, I've read Starting Strength, done 5x5, got good numbers too. I also use barbells extensively in my programs. I like to take a few week and just focus on calisthenics, then return to the iron. It makes things interesting.

I don't look like Kane, but I could send you a pic. I'm not a great huge guy but very cut and defined. I'm in it for the long run, and my goals are different, I do alot of martial arts and approach things a different way. That's why the forums are so useful, you get information from everyone regarding training.

Last edited by RenegadeRows; 06-18-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I used to think forums were useful, then I quit visiting bb.com and this one for a year or two and my knowledge drastically increased. Granite I was also finishing graduate school, spent the 2 years doing 40hr/week unpaid internships in DI athletic weight rooms. Replace all the downtime you spend reading pointless shit by people that don't know much but think they do with legit sources and you'll be better for it. I think the only reason I bothered coming back here was to check in on that label promo thing lol. still got a stack of 30 labels sitting here i should send in. I will admit I just spent a few weeks studying the information posted on Verkhoshansky's web forum, but when you read something from the smartest man ever to grace the training world whose primary language is russian it is a bit different than someone noone has ever really seen lift or train anyone that goes by "CreatineCurls69" if you know what I mean..

I don't encourage anyone to train for apperance - it is a long and slippery slope. I've found much more joy building up strength, rather than struggling through grueling sessions while fairly malnourished from what is preached as the broscience in bodybuilding. Perhaps things changed drastically in the past 4-5 years since I dropped off the bodybuilding bandwagon and got into olympic lifting, powerlifting, and strength & conditioning from a coaching viewpoint. I've also heard this echoed by many other people I know that are deep in the training game. Starting strength is good, basic shit. I made the kids doing their senior project with me read that and practical programming. Calisthenics are good, I include them in a daily warmup and during speed/conditioning sessions so they're always taken care of and during recovery/restorations or periods of supercompensation they may increase in volume as a way to accomodate the adaptative reconstructioning of the neuromuscular system (studying science in lieu of message boards teaches you to talk like a non meathead sometimes too, which can be fun when people have the image of you being best friends with the meathead in those planet fitness commericials)

There is alot of stupid BS in the combat world, some guys out there are training people right, but alot of what I've come across is trendy fitness BS...I'm not big into MMA/combat sports but I feel bad for someone that is a fighter and gets trained by an idiot.. it's the athletes brains getting punch drunk not the coach
                    --lllll--------lllll--
                    IRON MIND

Comment

There is alot of stupid BS in the combat world, some guys out there are training people right, but alot of what I've come across is trendy fitness BS...I'm not big into MMA/combat sports but I feel bad for someone that is a fighter and gets trained by an idiot.. it's the athletes brains getting punch drunk not the coach
                      LOL. I agree with you. I don't train MMA, I train in a traditional chinese gung fu school (internal gung fu...very different from a karate class). We don't train any strength, because the systems are based more on relaxation.

I, too, agree, that training for looks - you miss alot. I think you misunderstood my post. I'm a small guy, around 150lbs. Before I started lifting, I was 130lbs, 5'8". I don't train for size, just for strength, flexibility, agility, functional physical ability. My appearance has more to do with my diet. I used to train to be as big as I could be, but my goals have changed. I can't bench alot, probably 285 if I'm lucky. But I'm not a powerlifter.

I appreciate your comments in this thread, but I like the way I train. It makes me happy and fufills my goals. I also like "the rack", and I don't think I should return it for my $100. It's a small contraption and allows me to do a TON of exercises. It seems like your trying to fix the way I train by your comments. I'm always open to advice, but like I said, I train this way because I want to, and it works extremely well.

Perhaps you should try the 200 rep challenge. Do as many pushups as you can, then do as many dips as you can (foward dips.) Then you go back and forth until you've reached 100 each, and try to beat your time. You said in your previous post that bodyweight exercises are for weak people. I disagree with that statement 100%, because that workout is grueling!
                      http://www.t-nation.com/article/body..._rep_challenge

I hate to sound like I'm pushing a product, but I really enjoy the rack. I'm posting this "Bartendaz" video to show how a few ways how I utilize the rack. It may give everyone some ideas for workouts too - because these exercises can be done using anything. All you need is yourself!

Last edited by RenegadeRows; 06-19-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Anyways, an update.

So far I'm on day 5. I threw my original plan out the window and basically have been using it each day. DOMs is very prevelant, but I already feel like I'm progressing. It's a bit too soon to tell.

Blue GENE - gives me great energy and pumps. This product is so underrated. Yesterday I was very fatigued when I woke up. After breakfast and blue gene, about 45 minutes later I was DYING to get in the gym! I couldn't wait!

Purple PSYKO - I have to give this product respect when respect is due. It's really cut down on my DOMs, and if I miss a dose I can tell. The key is the syngery between the hydrowhey and the Leucine. It tastes so great too. Between that and the Gold FEAST I feel like I'm really covering my bases.

The third product I'm noticing working already is the Orange TRIad. While I've been on this product for a long, long time... I know for a fact that without joint protection, the ACL in my shoulder would NOT allow me to do any forward dips, or the fancy running dips I've been trying lately.

Blue GrowtH has helped my sleep but it's too soon to tell how much of an impact it's having yet.

Comment

that is the coach in me - i am cocky as hell and want my teams to have that swagger in competition. haha we train the best to play the best, no excuses. But yes, to each their own - good luck finding success. I don't think i would ever try a program by someone named "bartendaz" - smolov and shieko are the only programs ive ever done that were not from my coaches who saw me train and knew my strengths/weaknesses. I feel i understand my body far more then a cookie cutter approach. a common finisher I use with my guys is 50-75 chins, 75-100 dips and 100-150 pushups or something along those lines - I time it and tell them if they're last they get to do more. or i give them a timeframe and if they dont get the reps done in that time frame i let them know conditioning the next day will be a little harder then usual, which usually is BS but if it pushes them to work harder ill take it. if theyre work ethic is down right pathetic i will find something for them to do, but i go to great lengths to avoid using exercise as punishment, its the sport psych MS coming out
                          Last edited by FeMind; 06-20-2012, 07:37 AM.
                          --lllll--------lllll--
                          IRON MIND

Comment

that is the coach in me - i am cocky as hell and want my teams to have that swagger in competition. haha we train the best to play the best, no excuses. But yes, to each their own - good luck finding success. I don't think i would ever try a program by someone named "bartendaz" - smolov and shieko are the only programs ive ever done that were not from my coaches who saw me train and knew my strengths/weaknesses. I feel i understand my body far more then a cookie cutter approach. a common finisher I use with my guys is 50-75 chins, 75-100 dips and 100-150 pushups or something along those lines - I time it and tell them if they're last they get to do more. or i give them a timeframe and if they dont get the reps done in that time frame i let them know conditioning the next day will be a little harder then usual, which usually is BS but if it pushes them to work harder ill take it. if theyre work ethic is down right pathetic i will find something for them to do, but i go to great lengths to avoid using exercise as punishment, its the sport psych MS coming out

You sound like a great coach and a very informed athlete. The "finishing moves" with all the dips and chins must be alot of fun Thanks for sharing your wisdom in this thread, I do appreciate it and always open to suggestions, comments, critiques and new ideas.

Comment

Working...
                            X