Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinoiii's Bringin' Sexy Back: Yellow nEuphoria (B)log!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 8

WEEK 2: Scientific Analysis – Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
    Day 8 (Dec 18, 2006): 2 capsules Yellow nEuphoria -OR- placebo???

Supplement Time: taken @ 5:30am; workout @ 6:00am

Dose Used: * Today’s dose included 2 caps of yellow pill, envelope was marked as Monday…we will NOT find out until this upcoming Sunday which days apply to actual product ingestion and which days apply to placebo!

Supplement/Placebo Effects:

Subjective – Reminder: The subjective components have been extracted from the Controlled Labs Yellow Neuphoria FAQ page. All parameters being “claimed” will be assessed on subjective rating scale.

(1) Depressed Appetite: *** (Similar feeling to last week; generally full, more around supplement ingestion).
    (2) Alertness: *** (Average here, no deterrent from the effect…again keep in mind that I do NOT dub “alert” the same as I would “focused”)
    (3) Decreased Stress Effects: **** (Again, considering my lifestyle – this has been sort of an increasing well-being contribution  Perhaps, secondary to the better moods though I cannot say for sure]
    (4) Decreased Fatigue: ** (Relaxed similar to , no more profound, however! Structured workouts continue to play factor in assessing this adequately – perhaps this gives me an idea for week 4 though…NEED MORE STUDY!)
    (5) Mental Focus: ***** (Highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom! I could already assume I landed a Yellow nEuphoria perhaps, or we are simply uncovering my own placebo??? Do not know at this point the answer to this question.)
    (6) Mood: ***** (Highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom! Still cannot say enough here though again, must ask if this is attributable to receiving a supplement packet today or my own placebo???)
    (7) Libido: (-) Ummmm, thus far … NOT tested.
    (8) Endurance & Stamina: ** (Nothing to report outside of what has already been said last week on this one).

Dinoiii's Rating Scale KEY:
    * Insignificant Effect
    ** Slight Effect, Still Insignificant
    *** Average Effect
    **** Statistically Significant Effect
    ***** Dinoiii's Praise (statistical significance doesn't describe this!)

Today’s Experience:
    * Dinoiii’s Reiteration: I will write down my experience with the pill selected today and its effects or lack thereof at the half-hour marks (highlighted) and will write down a very subjective interpretation of effects highlighted. These are direct notes I have jotted down signifying my personal experience in my own log. Note: when I opened the packet this morning and downed the pills, I write “Monday” across the front of the envelope and placed it in an alternative bag (different from “randomized” bag). I will NOT uncover what pill this was until Sunday’s log – stay tuned for that one…

Times = POST-INGESTION:
    15 minutes: No effect noted thus far.

*** 16.75 minutes: I would suggest this to be the time I cite as onset today of what I was describing with last week’s trials (boy, is it challenging not understanding what I got from this morning’s envelope). Again, NOT a jittery feeling and the crisp silent buzz I was describing is seemingly back. Is this my own placebo creation? Time will tell…

30 minutes: Continued effect present…Today was back (will express below how my lifts go). Getting ready to begin workout.

60 minutes: Focus was right on today and generalized mood was “in tune” with the previous week. Now, if this is solely placebo – I have created quite a strong placebo effect for myself. Again, I could be the deterrent. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

90 minutes: Overall Chest Workout workout rating: 5-6 out of 10. This is not to worry in regards to the supplement, I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal (and this was close…weights were down in reps today, but more secondary to shoulder injury I alerted you to during last week’s log…not fatigue of the muscles, et al). I guess I am saying that overall it was an average workout. I have already taken my post-workout beverage (self-concoction as described in pre-log sign up).

120 minutes: Effects still present with very positive mood. Effect agreed upon by bystanders today.

150 minutes: Effects have effectively waned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure
    * measured via automated cuff; last calibrated on Dec 10, 2006

Baseline: 110-120/60-80
    Before Supplement (this AM): 118/68
    After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 114/70
    After Supplement (30 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 114/70
    After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 122/80
    After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 118/68

(2) Labs will be on a day off from the gym later in trial // rationale: evaluation for side effect potential (stay tuned). – NEXT WEEK when out of placebo-control.

(3) Electromyography (EMG) to assess muscle contractile effects later in trial (stay tuned). – NEXT WEEK when out of placebo-control.

------------------------------------------

Today’s Workout Notes:

Chest Notes: While I cannot unfortunately list direct sets/reps info (due to the training modality’s inclusion in a forthcoming book), I can offer up bigger lifts and any effect seen as well as some elctromyographic (EMG) reports throughout.

Major Lifts ONLY

Flat Chest Press: Max Lift w/ reps today: 315 pounds x 7 reps (since shoulder injury in April, this has been my max however – prior to that time, I had gone up to 450 x 3 clean reps as a max lift) – there was NO +/- in weight today vs. last workout. Unfortunately, my shoulder is a limiting factor here as mentioned last week and earlier in this day’s update – one that I am much aware of … As I attempt certain lifts (like pressing moves, incline + flat only), I cannot progress past a certain point. The pain becomes unbearable at that time and I am already lifting through it past about 250 pounds.

Incline Dumbbell Chest Press: Max Lift w/ reps today: 110 pounds x 9 clean reps. [This is -3 max reps] Please Note that I again was limited by pain on this movement moreso than last week and unable to assess whether this is the supplement or placebo, I am not sure it could really be attributed to what was in the pill bottle either way, so I am placing this on the confounding variable list.

--------------------------------------------

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book. However, some important things will be monitored due to the types of sides suggested as usual potential for various supps – namely appetite remained in tact with two pills. Today, appetite was a bit off – namely around ingestion of the masked pill – however, whether this is attributable to the workout effects, caloric baseline re-set, or an actual pill-content effect is beside me…cannot make or potentially even draw conclusions until Sunday because I have no idea what was ingested today. If I had to wager, I would say it was the supplement versus the sugar pill because it is clear some effect was seen.

Caloric Intake was set as new heightened baseline: 3600 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was low-carb…as noted earlier in my log, I don’t tend to get carb cravings as I am VERY self-disciplined; however, could have attributed general full feeling all day to some aid from supplement…usually I can see an episode of ravaging hunger sneak in for at least a meal or two … nothing today (with 1 meal to go as of this writing). One thing I have gotten comments about was how high my calories are and my notions of still doing a low carb regime…yes this is pricy, but I am experimenting with some things currently.

What do you think?

(1) Is dinoiii a victim of placebo?
    (2) Is there an actual effect that we can attribute to Yellow nEuphoria should this be what I ingested today?

Only time will tell – continue to watch…

Comment

Q&a

Q&A

Questions from PMs and emails that would bode the log well?

Q: What is the serial number / expiration date on your bottle of Yellow nEuphoria?

A: Easy enough! Way to catch dinoiii! I think it is actually a good thing to put in the log and apologize for not listing it to date.
      Lot #: 0611233
      Exp. Date: 11/09

Q: You keep on mentioning that “focus” and “alertness” mean different things but to me they are kind of the same. Could you explain?

A: Well, I’ll hand this one over to “Mr. Webster”

Alert: 1. watchful, vigilantly ready; 2. active, nimble.

Focus: 1. to concentrate; 2. any center of activity, attention

And I will add – when I am making mention of “alertness” in my log, I mean how it changes my abilities in the gym (if at all). “Focus” is in reference to my concentration. Certainly focus could have a positive impact on alertness being played out, but it can also have a negative effect as we have seen the potential for both here. “Focus” is there; sometimes so much so that it detracts from how “alert” I am able to be. Make sense?

Q: Do you really think this “randomization” process you have described is going to give you answers to this supplement?

A: In short, yes! I am a scientist first and while I can certainly suggest that there were effects seen in the week one (assess tolerance) portion, placebo and nocebo MUST be controlled for to suggest the effect is, in effect, a “real” one. While perhaps anal to a degree, it is necessity if I am ultimately to endorse use of such a product. Should it pass (we’ll find out on Sunday), then I would likely feel more compelled to offer recommendation for use of this product. It is part of the scientific method; love it or hate it – it is the best we have got to date!

Thanks for all the questions and continued interest. If you do NOT feel comfortable asking questions or commenting in the log, feel free to email (likely the best way to reach me as PM’s tend to fill quick) – absivs_revenge@hotmail.com.

D_

Comment

There, phew...now it's as updated as over at Discount Anabolics. Sorry for the delay getting it over here. It takes me a considerable time to post them over there as you can likely imagine.

Take care and thanks to the guys following along.
        D_

Comment

Originally posted by sublimejeh
          Unreal log man... keep it up!!!
          Thanks a lot man. Glad you are following along.

hehe - sorry if it has been burning your corneas out like the other poster...that said, for a better view on a black background...you can also view it at discountanabolics.com/forum under the "Reviews" section.

Trying to keep it up as best I can at both places, but just giving the head's up that they are up an average 1-2 days quicker over there just due to time constraints as I already mention I write daily at bb.com under a bodyblog (always looking for feedback on my writing style btw for any/all that may see this).

Thanks again,
          D_

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
            Sounding good... the effects really do vary don't they
            Yes they do...but there's a reason to placebo control as well. You guys are getting the best job out of me I can afford at this time. It comes conveniently placed as I have some time before a few changes on my end. Hope you have enjoyed it.

We'll get to the bottom of some answers hopefully. I think that is the intention of asking for people to do this. Perhaps you guys here at Controlled Labs can better direct your customers with any/all results quantified.

I will summarize everything too at the end of the entire log...which will likely be a valuable piece.

D_

Comment

Day 9

Day 9 (Dec 19, 2006): 2 capsules Yellow nEuphoria -OR- placebo???

Dose Used: * Today’s dose included 2 caps of yellow pill, envelope was marked as Tuesday…we will NOT find out until this upcoming Sunday which days apply to actual product ingestion and which days apply to placebo!

Subjective – Reminder: The subjective components have been extracted from the Controlled Labs Yellow Neuphoria FAQ page. All parameters being “claimed” will be assessed on subjective rating scale.

(1) Depressed Appetite: (-) (Nothing really at all to report here today. Appetite was intact; no changes in overall GI emetic/satiety state – kind of describe it as indifferent!).
              (2) Alertness: *** (Pretty solid workout and I was readily able to go, but without shoulder deterrent – i.e. – it felt pretty good today, harder to assess this in all honesty versus yesterday.)
              (3) Decreased Stress Effects: (-) (Whoa! What the heck happened, if this is the difference between while on yellow nEuphoria and off – should today be the day that I picked the placebo, then I want the appropriate little yellow pill daily! Obviously I mean the Yellow nEuphoria for onlookers scratching their heads saying – didn’t you take a little yellow pill either way?)
              (4) Decreased Fatigue: ** (No change from day prior…NEED MORE STUDY!)
              (5) Mental Focus: ** (Something was really different today. If I had to place money on it, I would say I got the product yesterday and the placebo today, because this was simply NOT the same at all!)
              (6) Mood: ** (Placebo be damned!!! I am certain this was a different feeling than yesterday – hope to have an answer with Sunday’s unveiling!)
              (8) Endurance & Stamina: ** (Nothing to report outside of what has already been said last week on this one; i.e. – no change).

* Insignificant Effect
              *** Average Effect

Today’s Experience:
              * Dinoiii’s Reiteration: I will write down my experience with the pill selected today and its effects or lack thereof at the half-hour marks (highlighted) and will write down a very subjective interpretation of effects highlighted. These are direct notes I have jotted down signifying my personal experience in my own log. Note: when I opened the packet this morning and downed the pills, I write “Monday” across the front of the envelope and placed it in an alternative bag (different from “randomized” bag). I will NOT uncover what pill this was until Sunday’s log – stay tuned for that one…

Times = POST-INGESTION:

30 minutes: No effect noted.

60 minutes: Focus was average today as noted above and generalized mood was likely that matched with baseline. Now, if this is solely placebo – I have created quite a strong placebo effect for myself. Again, I could be the deterrent. And the nocebo could be rearing its ugly head – but again time will tell. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

90 minutes: Overall Back Workout workout rating: 6-7 out of 10. This is not to worry in regards to the supplement (should it have been chosen), I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal (and this was close…weights + reps in order and solid today; fatigue of the muscles, et al indifferent). I guess I am saying that overall it was a decent workout. I have already taken my post-workout beverage (self-concoction as described in pre-log sign up).

120 minutes: No true effects believed to be seen. Bystanders concur.

150 minutes: No effects believed to have been seen.

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure

Before Supplement (this AM): 122/72
              After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 120/70
              After Supplement (30 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 124/68
              After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 128/84
              After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 114/64

(2) Labs will be on a day off from the gym later in trial // rationale: evaluation for side effect potential (stay tuned). – NEXT WEEK when out of placebo-control.

UPDATE: pt has asked that I do lab work this week and a second set as my log concludes, therefore – my first set of lab work will be Friday (Complete Metabolic Panel – CMP, includes liver and kidney function work)

(3) Electromyography (EMG) to assess muscle contractile effects later in trial (stay tuned). – NEXT WEEK when out of placebo-control.

Today’s Workout Notes:

Back Notes: While I cannot unfortunately list direct sets/reps info (due to the training modality’s inclusion in a forthcoming book), I can offer up bigger lifts and any effect seen as well as some elctromyographic (EMG) reports throughout.

Major Lifts ONLY

Deadlift: Max Lift w/ reps today: 540 pounds x 8 reps – was not maxing this weight today, but made certain I could match last week’s tally. This was a respectable lift and looking back upon former logs, this goes down as roughly [b]+ 2 extra reps than normal with equal weight, but equal to last week. Supplement Effect? Conflicting if I did NOT choose the supplement today. Will unveil what happened and some dinoiii half-way notes this Sunday! Shoulder again not limiting.

Bent-Over Barbell Row: Max Lift w/ reps today: 275 pounds x 12 reps. Please Note no limitations from shoulder [+ 2 reps from last week].

Weighted Pull-Ups: Max Lift w/ reps today: 90 lbs added weight to chained weight belt x 4 reps, could NOT reach 6 rep tally of week prior

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book. However, some important things will be monitored due to the types of sides suggested as usual potential for various supps – namely appetite remained in tact with two pills. Today, appetite was a moot point (i.e. – seemingly not affected by pill) …cannot make or potentially even draw conclusions as to what this means until Sunday because I have no idea what was ingested today, however, if again I were to guess when matched with mood, the answer seems like I received the placebo today.

Caloric Intake was set as new heightened baseline from day prior: 3600 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was again low-carb…as noted earlier in my log, I don’t tend to get carb cravings as I am VERY self-disciplined; however, could have attributed general full feeling all day to some aid from supplement…usually I can see an episode of ravaging hunger sneak in for at least a meal or two … nothing today (with 1 meal to go as of this writing). One thing I have gotten comments about was how high my calories are and my notions of still doing a low carb regime…yes this is pricy, but I am experimenting with some things currently.

So - Again, I ask…
              What do you think?

(1) Is dinoiii a victim of placebo/nocebo?
              (2) Is there an actual NON-effect that we can attribute to Yellow nEuphoria should this be what I ingested today?

Comment

Day 10 Part I - OFF

Independent Supplement Review - PART III:

* Recap: So we're all on the same page, dinoiii has decided to go in-depth on each ingredient. The rationale of this "independent" review is because an ad can offer virtually anything and it is important to see various components of what you're ingesting prior to throwing it down the ole piehole. We will take each compound in turn. IN accordance with the first one, here is part III.

aDapt Complex:

Component #1, Humulus lupulus
                (aka – ENGLISH: Lupul strobulus, Hops, humulus, lupulus, hop bine, willow wolf; FRENCH: Houblon grimpant; GERMAN: Hopfenzapfen or just Hopen)

Botanical Nomenclature:
                PLANT FAMILY: Cannabinaceae
                GENUS: Humulus
                PLANT SPECIES: Humulus lupulus L.

History: The common name, hops, is thought to be from Old English hopen, meaning “to climb.” In the wild, leaves of this herb tend to be found growing around willow trees (hence the name “willow wolf”). Since Medieval times, hops have been grown for beer-making, and pillows stuffed with hops were used during the Middle Ages to treat insomnia. Oils from hops also used in perfume manufacturing.

Hops are, of course, cultivated worldwide for beer production. Hops are members of the Cannabis family and are, indeed, closely related to marijuana – one of its essential claims to fame. But NOT SO FAST…there is NO THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) in this product, or any molecules even closely related to THC. Therefore, taking a hops-containing product such as this is NO EXCUSE for a positive marijuana test – sorry guys/gals!

Part(s) Used: The part that usual extracts and the like are obtained from is called the strobile, essentially a cone-like fruit. Inside the fruit, surrounding the seed, is a yellow granular powder called lupulin; it contains the active ingredients.

Actives: Well, we are aware of actions for the following lot of extracted portions of the humulus plant:
                (1) Acylphloroglucinols (10%)
                (2) Alpha-Bitter Acids: including, among others, humulone, cohumulone, adhumulone
                (3) Beta-Bitter Acids: including, among others, lupulone, colupulone, adlupulone
                (4) Volatile Acids (0.3-1.0%): very complex in makeup, chief components we know about myrcene, humulene, beta-caryophyllene, undecane-2-on, furthermore 2-methyl-but-3-en-ol (particularly following storage, as breakdown product of the acylphloroglucinols – making this more potent through storage)
                (5) Resins (oxidation products of the bitter acids)
                (6) Tannins: Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (recall from other pieces I have written on this DA forum that these are VERY powerful antioxidants – perhaps neutralizing some of the effects of the resins)
                (7) Flavinoids: including, among others, xanthohumole (again – powerful antioxidants; see above)

But let’s concentrate our mini-discussion here on the active components that we are sure about. Yellow nEuphoria is standardized to 8% Lupulinum or Lupulin. On beating or rubbing the strobiles of hops, and then sifting them, a glandular powder is separated, and is known in medicine as Lupulin (what I described above in the part(s) used section of this piece). The sifting is necessary to remove the broken bracts and other vegetable parts. About 10 per cent of lupulin is thus obtained from the dried hops.

Now, we know for sure that the alpha and beta acids that contribute to the bitter taste of this compound contribute to the way lupulus exerts its effects. I have put together the following diagram for ease of seeing how the alpha and beta acids break down in a visual format.

Once the alpha acids (in particular) enter the body, some of them are converted into 2-methyl-3-butene-2-ol, which is thought to be the agent responsible for inducing sleep. In clinical, double-blind controlled clinical trials using health volunteers, hops induced sleep just as efficiently as flunitrazepam (Rohypnol™ - sold on the street as “roofies”). Equally important, volunteers treated with hops had less of a hangover the next morning.

Don’t get freaked out, but hops is also known to contain phytoestrogens. What the hell did you sign up for dinoiii? Nahhh – c’mon, you know me better than that! Yes, there is a substance in it called 8-prenylnaringenin which is namely a beta acid effect, but the ONE paper written on such actions:
                (1) was poorly written to describe women who started menstruating 2 days following hops – HOWEVER hormonal activity was NOT observed in any other hops extracts to date tested in animal models that were WELL-CONTROLLED!!!
                (2) done ONLY in vitro (in a pertri dish analysis) / not repeated in vivo (in actual live humans)

Two other effects that may be worthwhile noted on this DA log that would come into play for the body composition conscious crowd….

One: Colupulone has been found to elevate blood glucose in diabetic rats, but has either NO effect or LOWERS blood glucose in normal rats – this has been repeated to date in 2 studies, but a 3rd trial didn’t show statistically significant results…it may be another rationale NOT to use it prior to a workout that will also induce lower blood sugar

Two: Cytochrome p450 effects – this is an inducer of the 3A4 p450 enzyme … hehe, what the hell does this mean? If anyone is familiar with my PCT:ACV series, you know that there could very well be some interaction with both ATD or steroidal AIs – so if you plan on incorporating this agent in a PCT regime, be careful with dosing. I AM NOT SAYING TO NOT USE EITHER – let’s make certain I am not misconstrued here…I am saying a dose-adjustment is in order for you. Please reference PCT:ACV, Part III for more information.

Usual Usage: There have been 4 really well-done studies in humans (the remainder are suspect); all included valerian and evaluated sleep in some manner. The four include:

Study Type (Year) – participant #; statistically significant or not

(1) Controlled Double-Blind (1977) – 12 participants; not statistically significant results
                (2) Double-Blind Crossover (1982) – 128 participants; mixed results
                (3) Equivalence Study (1998) – 46 participants; statistically significant
                (4) Double-Blind, Controlled, Drug-Monitoring Study – 80 particiapants; statistically significant

Comment

Day 10 Part II - OFF

Dinoiii's Safety Grade Report: Rather safe product; as I have suggested above, the effects that may tend to apply to a bodybuilding crowd include:

positive effects: sedative hypnotic, anti-stress, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial
                  negative effects: cytochrome p450 enzyme interactions (? PCT dosage adjustment), possible glucose alterations (? Pre-workout use), Petri-dish + poor paper to support minor-estrogenic potential, NOT replicated – but may be worth noting for female body conscious individuals

* Please note: since hops is a sedative, and can cause impairment, it should not be used with alcohol. Perhaps this is time for a dinoiii public service announcement: Don’t Drink and Drive while using Yellow nEuphoria, errr – at all!

Overall Grade: A (in normal training mode), B (in PCT when combined with ATD and no dose adjustment), NEED MORE STUDY to assign grade to pre-workout analysis [would NOT recommend use in a diabetic patient at this time]

We will continue basic write-ups until all portions have been gone over. Expect one for each day-off training during the course of dinoiii's (b)log. If there are ever any questions, let me know below. I didn’t entire to cover the entire plethora of info on this subject…I have written elsewhere (PCT:ACV Part III and ½ for instance) about Hops in more depth.

Comment

Day 11

Day 11 (Dec 21, 2006): 2 capsules Yellow nEuphoria -OR- placebo???

Dose Used: * Today’s dose included 2 caps of yellow pill, envelope was marked as Thursday…we will NOT find out until this upcoming Sunday which days apply to actual product ingestion and which days apply to placebo!

(1) Depressed Appetite: *** (Similar feeling to last week; generally full, more around supplement ingestion).
                    (2) Alertness: *** (Average here, no deterrent from the effect)
                    (3) Decreased Stress Effects: **** (Tough to tell a difference today, read more below)
                    (4) Decreased Fatigue: **** (Unfortunate difference in my attitude versus last leg day – couldn’t have two leg days lax in a row, so I went in the gym fired up regardless of what was ingested, tough to make comment on what was secondary to the pill here despite this higher rating…NEED MORE STUDY!)
                    (5) Mental Focus: **** (Really good focus today – Yellow nEuphoria perhaps, or we are simply uncovering my own placebo??? Do not know at this point the answer to this question. Again, considering how I went to the gym ready-to-go at all costs, I am VERY unsure what pill I had, subtle effects still seemingly seen, but we’ll have to see when we uncover our envelopes Sunday)
                    (6) Mood: ***** (Highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom! Phew – difficult attribution sell because even after the workout today, my blood was flowing – perhaps, you guessed I had a good workout – read more below…)
                    (8) Endurance & Stamina: ** (Nothing to report outside of what has already been said last week on this one).

* Insignificant Effect
                    *** Average Effect

Today’s Experience:
                    * Dinoiii’s Reiteration: I will write down my experience with the pill selected today and its effects or lack thereof at the half-hour marks (highlighted) and will write down a very subjective interpretation of effects highlighted. These are direct notes I have jotted down signifying my personal experience in my own log. Note: when I opened the packet this morning and downed the pills, I wrote “Thursday” across the front of the envelope and placed it in an alternative bag (different from “randomized” bag). I will NOT uncover what pill this was until Sunday’s log – stay tuned for that one…

Times = POST-INGESTION:

*** 18.5 minutes: I would suggest this to be the time I cite as onset of “effect” today, however the effect is a LOT more subtle today (boy, is it challenging not understanding what I got from this morning’s envelope). Again, NOT a jittery feeling and the crisp silent buzz I was describing is in fact back, I THINK, yet it is not very pronounced. This has been the MOST DIFFICULT DAY TO DISCERN what I was given. Is this my own placebo creation? Time will tell…

30 minutes: Continued effect still present I think…Today was legs (will express below how my lifts go). Getting ready to begin workout. As I suggested earlier, it has been rather interesting how fired up I am today (which goes 100% against what has happened to date…perhaps, there is something to be said about mind-set going in to the workout as well, because I couldn’t have two bad leg workouts in back-to-back weeks, ya know?) It is a real rough sell as to what I got, but if I had to guess, I am going say I feel something of the crisp buzz effect still present.

60 minutes: Focus was right on today and generalized mood was “in tune” with the previous week. Now, if this is solely placebo – I have created quite a strong placebo effect for myself. There is the noted improvement in mind-set versus the last workout day, but I think I will attribute this to me. The question is – what the hell happened last week then if this was the supplement and/or is there a diminishing effect with continued use? Again, I could be the deterrent. I am baffled today. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

90 minutes: Overall Leg Workout workout rating: 8 out of 10. This is not to worry in regards to the supplement, I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal (and this was on par…weights and reps were up today) I guess I am saying that overall it was an average workout. I have already taken my post-workout beverage (self-concoction as described in pre-log sign up). I believe the effect to have already waned today.

120 minutes: Effects no longer present yet very positive mood (workout vs. supplement vs. placebo???). Effect agreed upon by bystanders today.

150 minutes: Effects have effectively waned as above.

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure

Before Supplement (this AM): 114/66
                    After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 120/72
                    After Supplement (30 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 124/74
                    After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 126/78
                    After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 116/72

(2) Labs will be on Friday as has been adjusted per suggestion in the last log update. // rationale: evaluation for side effect potential (stay tuned).

Today’s Workout Notes:

Leg Notes: While I cannot unfortunately list direct sets/reps info (due to the training modality’s inclusion in a forthcoming book), I can offer up bigger lifts and any effect seen as well as some elctromyographic (EMG) reports throughout.

Major Lifts ONLY

Back Squat: Max Lift w/ reps today: 675 pounds x 3/2/1 reps (partial on last leg of Rest-Pause) – this was not maxing this weight today, but again went with rest-pause for comparative purposes (which may show how off I was last week). From former logs, this will NOT go down as attempt to match max. We already have discussed the supplement effect above Shoulder is not a limiting factor in this lift despite where the bar rests; the pain is more anterior.

Hack Squats: Max Lift w/ reps today: 720 pounds x 8 reps. Again, this was NOT a max lift attempt, but reps were + 2 from last week.

One-Legged Leg Press: Max Lift w/ reps today: 450 pounds x 6 reps, again...same story - not max lift nor reps. Rest-pause not attempted here, quads were literally fried on a 4-0-2 tempo!

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book. However, some important things will be monitored due to the types of sides suggested as usual potential for various supps – namely appetite remained in tact with two pills. Today, appetite was again a bit off – namely around ingestion of the masked pill – however, whether this is attributable to the workout effects, caloric baseline re-set, or an actual pill-content effect is beside me…cannot make or potentially even draw conclusions until Sunday because I have no idea what was ingested today. If I had to wager, I would say it was the supplement versus the sugar pill because it is clear some effect was seen.

Caloric Intake was set as new heightened baseline: 4000 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was lower-carb…as noted earlier in my log, I don’t tend to get carb cravings as I am VERY self-disciplined; however, could have attributed general full feeling all day to some aid from supplement…usually I can see an episode of ravaging hunger sneak in for at least a meal or two … nothing today (with 1 meal to go as of this writing). One thing I have gotten comments about was how high my calories are and my notions of still doing a low carb regime…yes this is pricy, but I am experimenting with some things currently.

What do you think?

(1) Is dinoiii a victim of placebo?
                    (2) Is there an actual effect that we can attribute to Yellow nEuphoria should this be what I ingested today?
                    (3) As I have suggested above, this was the hardest day to discern thus far whether it was placebo or YN, not even sure I wasn’t placebo’d into believing it was YN – maybe it wasn’t – But I would’ve sworn there was an effect. Dunno.

Comment

Day 12

Day 12 (Dec 22, 2006): 2 capsules Yellow nEuphoria -OR- placebo???

Dose Used: * Today’s dose included 2 caps of yellow pill, envelope was marked as Friday…we will NOT find out until this upcoming Sunday which days apply to actual product ingestion and which days apply to placebo!

(1) Depressed Appetite: (-) (Nothing really at all to report here today. Appetite was intact; no changes in overall GI emetic/satiety state – kind of describe it as indifferent!).
                      (2) Alertness: *** (Pretty solid workout and I was readily able to go, but without shoulder deterrent – i.e. – it felt pretty good today, harder to assess this in all honesty versus yesterday.)
                      (3) Decreased Stress Effects: (-) (Whoa! What the heck happened, if this is the difference between while on yellow nEuphoria and off – should today be the day that I picked the placebo, then I want the appropriate little yellow pill daily! Obviously I mean the Yellow nEuphoria for onlookers scratching their heads saying – didn’t you take a little yellow pill either way?)
                      (5) Mental Focus: ** (Something was really different today. If I had to place money on it, I would say I got the product yesterday and the placebo today, because this was simply NOT the same at all!)
                      (6) Mood: ** (Placebo be damned!!! I am certain this was a different feeling than yesterday – hope to have an answer with Sunday’s unveiling!)
                      (8) Endurance & Stamina: ** (Nothing to report outside of what has already been said last week on this one; i.e. – no change).

* Insignificant Effect
                      *** Average Effect

Today’s Experience:
                      * Dinoiii’s Reiteration: I will write down my experience with the pill selected today and its effects or lack thereof at the half-hour marks (highlighted) and will write down a very subjective interpretation of effects highlighted. These are direct notes I have jotted down signifying my personal experience in my own log. Note: when I opened the packet this morning and downed the pills, I wrote “Friday” across the front of the envelope and placed it in an alternative bag (different from “randomized” bag). I will NOT uncover what pill this was until Sunday’s log – stay tuned for that one…

Times = POST-INGESTION:

60 minutes: Focus was average today as noted above and generalized mood was likely that matched with baseline. Now, if this is solely placebo – I have created quite a strong placebo effect for myself. Again, I could be the deterrent. And the nocebo could be rearing its ugly head – but again time will tell. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

90 minutes: Overall Arm Workout workout rating: 5-6 out of 10. This is not to worry in regards to the supplement (should it have been chosen), I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal (and this was close…weights + reps in order and solid today; fatigue of the muscles, et al indifferent). I guess I am saying that overall it was a decent workout. I have already taken my post-workout beverage (self-concoction as described in pre-log sign up).

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure

Before Supplement (this AM): 118/72
                      After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 118/70
                      After Supplement (30 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 118/66
                      After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 122/76
                      After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 116/66

(2) Pertinent Labs Drawn today:

- Complete Metabolic Panel (focus on liver function profile and glucose levels for rationale suggested earlier in log)
                      - CPK – without this, as I have said SO many times in the past…for a hard-working (namely in the myofibril abused bodies we have from the gym), “liver” function tests would be WORTHLESS without it, unless you spend 24-48 hours away from the gym prior to the blood draw…this was not the case!
                      - Endocrine: Test (Free, Total, SHBG), Estradiol, LH, FSH

Rationale: evaluation for side effect potential (stay tuned). NEXT WEEK we’ll see the results as they come in after the holiday.

Today’s Workout Notes:

Arm Notes: While I cannot unfortunately list direct sets/reps info (due to the training modality’s inclusion in a forthcoming book), I can offer up bigger lifts and any effect seen as well as some elctromyographic (EMG) reports throughout.

Major Lifts ONLY

Standing Barbell Curl: Max Lift w/ reps today: 165 pounds x 7/4/3 reps (Rest-Pause) – not max lifts (+ 10 pounds from last week, -1/-2/-1 reps respectively from rest-pause). From former logs, this will NOT go down as attempt to match max.

Weighted Dips: Max Lift w/ reps today: 135/90/45 pounds off weighted chain belt @ (12/6/3)/(8/5/2)/(4/1/1) reps. Again, this was NOT a max lift attempt, nor from former logs as this was kind of the first time I employed use of such a lift. It was kind of a rest-pause-strip set. I am hoping the numbers make sense...if not, let me know below. Now, I opted to keep this lift in for comparison’s sake to a week prior – most reps went up, weight remained stable throughout.

Close-Grip Bench: I was unable to do this lift today due to pain in shoulder that I have been laboring with; last week in and of itself was limited, so in order to make minimal amends – I attempted an alternative lift that felt more comfortable on the right shoulder.
                      Note: I don’t like writing about things that weren’t planned and the inserted lift was a dumbbell overhead raise which I did with a 110 pound dumbbell for 18 reps (which was good because I don’t normally do such a lift, but the data doesn’t really give me comparative value from a week prior).

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book. However, some important things will be monitored due to the types of sides suggested as usual potential for various supps – namely appetite remained in tact with two pills. Today, appetite was once again a moot point (i.e. – seemingly not affected by pill)…cannot make or potentially even draw conclusions as to what this means until Sunday because I have no idea what was ingested today, however, if again I were to guess when matched with mood, the answer seems like I received the placebo today.

Caloric Intake same as day prior: 4000 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was again lowER-carb…as noted earlier in my log, I don’t tend to get carb cravings as I am VERY self-disciplined; however, could have attributed general full feeling all day to some aid from supplement (if this is what I ingested)…usually I can see an episode of ravaging hunger sneak in for at least a meal or two … nothing today (with 1 meal to go as of this writing).

So - Again, I ask…
                      What do you think?

(2) Is there an actual NON-effect that we can attribute to Yellow nEuphoria should this be what I ingested today?
                      (3) How will the lab work turn out. Have there been any side effects worth noting?

Comment

Day 13

Day 13 (Dec 23, 2006): 2 capsules Yellow nEuphoria -OR- placebo???

Supplement Time: taken @ 7:30am; workout @ 8:00am (unfortunately my gym opens at 8:00am on Saturday, so I had to push it back today as last week)

Dose Used: * Today’s dose included 2 caps of yellow pill, envelope was marked as Saturday…we will NOT find out until tomorrow which days apply to actual product ingestion and which days apply to placebo!

(2) Alertness: * (Pretty solid workout and I was readily able to go, but without shoulder deterrent – i.e. – it felt pretty good today, harder to assess this in all honesty versus yesterday. No significant improvements, but based on thought – likely NOT the supplement – dinoiii crosses fingers in hopes he is right)
                        (3) Decreased Stress Effects: (-) (Nothing here to report again. Going to go on assumption and say this was NOT the YN).
                        (5) Mental Focus: ** (No change from yesterday!!!)
                        (6) Mood: ** (No significant changes from yesterday – hope to have an answer with Sunday’s unveiling!)

* Insignificant Effect
                        *** Average Effect

Today’s Experience:
                        * Dinoiii’s Reiteration: I will write down my experience with the pill selected today and its effects or lack thereof at the half-hour marks (highlighted) and will write down a very subjective interpretation of effects highlighted. These are direct notes I have jotted down signifying my personal experience in my own log. Note: when I opened the packet this morning and downed the pills, I wrote “Friday” across the front of the envelope and placed it in an alternative bag (different from “randomized” bag). I will NOT uncover what pill this was until Sunday’s log – stay tuned for that one…

Times = POST-INGESTION:

90 minutes: Overall Ancillary Workout rating: 5-6 out of 10. This is not to worry in regards to the supplement (should it have been chosen), I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal (and this was close…weights + reps in order and solid today; fatigue of the muscles, et al indifferent). I guess I am saying that overall it was a decent workout. I have already taken my post-workout beverage (self-concoction as described in pre-log sign up).

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure

Before Supplement (this AM): 112/68
                        After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 114/70
                        After Supplement (30 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 114/66
                        After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 120/72
                        After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 118/70

(2) Pertinent Labs Drawn yesterday:

- Complete Metabolic Panel (focus on liver function profile and glucose levels for rationale suggested earlier in log)
                        - CPK – without this, as I have said SO many times in the past…for a hard-working (namely in the myofibril abused bodies we have from the gym), “liver” function tests would be WORTHLESS without it, unless you spend 24-48 hours away from the gym prior to the blood draw…this was not the case!
                        - Endocrine: Test (Free, Total, SHBG), Estradiol, LH, FSH

Rationale: evaluation for side effect potential (stay tuned). NEXT WEEK we’ll see the results as they come in after the holiday.

Today’s Workout Notes:

Ancillary Notes: While I cannot unfortunately list direct sets/reps info (due to the training modality’s inclusion in a forthcoming book), I can offer up bigger lifts and any effect seen as well as some elctromyographic (EMG) reports throughout.

Major Lifts ONLY

Overhead Barbell Press: Max Lift w/ reps today: 225 pounds x 12/4/2 reps (Rest-Pause) – not max lifts. [vs. last week: (-)/-2/-2; so overall a 4 rep DECREASE – YUCK! Not what I wanted to have happen]

Dinoiii’s note: now, there were some other positive shoulder movements, but I am not tracking them for this log - but for comparative analysis, I would say they were minimal significance overall anyway.

Farmer's Carries: Max Lift w/ reps today: 110 pounds each arm for a total of 675 steps- NOT max lift. I am hoping the numbers make sense...if not, let me know below. [vs. last week – same weight; step increase of +49, but was highly focused to beat last week and some of the strength lifts, while great for forearm development, can not offer us much ability to distinguish how much is solely inner fortitude due to the pure nature of the lifts.]

Barbell Shrugs: Max Lift w/ reps today: 435 pounds x 12/5/1 reps (Rest-Pause). [vs. last week – same weight; reps: +2/+1/-1…no statistically significant difference.]

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book. However, some important things will be monitored due to the types of sides suggested as usual potential for various supps – namely appetite seemed to take a dip today and I was overall "full" for the better part of the day. I am taking 2 yellow pills (placebo vs. YN) – effects on appetite were not noted today at all.

Caloric Intake: 4200 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was again higher-carb. With 1 meal to go as of this writing, it again is difficult to discern supplement effects versus increased caloric intake / carb tally. At the end of the log, we will make some inferences as to how I might discern the two.

---------------------------------------

Tomorrow's Preview:

(1) NO Independent Supplement Review – this will be moved to Monday because of the holiday – my gym is closed Christmas day, which may have some bearing because I do NOT like to work out this many days in a row without a day off. We’ll see.

(2) Randomization Results / Statistical Analysis, Week 2 Summary, Some notes to discuss the upcoming week.

(3) Another logged chest day (final day of placebo vs. YN).

DO NOT MISS THIS ONE!!!

---------------------------------------

Comment

Day 14

Day 14 (Dec 24, 2006): 2 capsules Yellow nEuphoria -OR- placebo???

Supplement Time: taken @ 7:30am; workout @ 8:00am
                          * Please Note: due to the Christmas holiday, this time is obviously affected. My gym apparently had forgot to check with me to gel their AM availabilities with my Yellow nEuphoria trial here for Monday morning. I have pushed the chest workout back into Sunday and thereby not allowing for a “missed” workout (could play out as an uncontrolled for factor).

Dose Used: * Today’s dose included 2 caps of yellow pill, envelope was marked as “Sunday”…we will NOT find out until after today’s effects which days apply to actual product ingestion and which days apply to placebo! Complete analysis to follow this (b)log entry.

(1) Depressed Appetite: **** (Similar feeling to last week; decent satiety all day, inclusive of times falling outside of the immediate workout timeframe.).
                          (2) Alertness: *** (Average here, no deterrent from the effect…again keep in mind that I do NOT dub “alert” the same as I would “focused”)
                          (3) Decreased Stress Effects: *** (Again, my lifestyle precludes my ability to discern what effect may or may not be attributable to the potential of the yellow pill ingested today, but this still seemed to be something affected by the pill – namely around the workout…whether a good thing or not would NEED MORE STUDY!)
                          (4) Decreased Fatigue: ** (Relaxed similar to , no more profound, however! Structured workouts continue to play factor in assessing this adequately – Still toying with an idea for week 4 though…NEED MORE STUDY!)
                          (5) Mental Focus: *** (Nothing out of the ordinary to report today, therefore I assign this an average score.)
                          (6) Mood: ***** (Highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom! Still cannot say enough here though again, must ask if this is attributable to receiving a supplement packet today or my own placebo???)
                          (7) Libido: (-) Ummmm, thus far … NOT tested. You gotta wait still – for those that have been continually checking back for this one, allow for next week to hit to start getting at this (oh no!!! – BUT – oh yes!!! This is a dinoiii log guys…do NOT expect “ordinary”)

* Insignificant Effect
                          *** Average Effect

Today’s Experience:
                          * Dinoiii’s Reiteration: I will write down my experience with the pill selected today and its effects or lack thereof at the half-hour marks (highlighted) and will write down a very subjective interpretation of effects highlighted. These are direct notes I have jotted down signifying my personal experience in my own log. Note: when I opened the packet this morning and downed the pills, I wrote “Sunday” across the front of the envelope and placed it in an alternative bag (different from “randomized” bag). I will NOT uncover what pill this was until Sunday’s log – stay tuned for that one…

Times = POST-INGESTION:

*** 19.75 minutes: I would suggest this to be the time I cite as onset today of what I was describing with last week’s trials (assuming I got the Yellow nEuphoria at this point). Again, NOT a jittery feeling and the crisp silent buzz I was describing is back (apparently a bit shorter-lived though  more later). Is this my own placebo creation? Time will tell…

30 minutes: Continued effect present…Today was back (will express below how my lifts go). Getting ready to begin workout.

60 minutes: I believe the effect to have already effectively waned today. I will cite this as time of cessation today. Now, if this is solely placebo – I have created quite a strong placebo effect for myself. Again, I could be the deterrent. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

90 minutes: Overall Chest Workout workout rating: 5-6 out of 10. This is not to worry in regards to the supplement, I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal (and this was close…weights were stable in reps today, but more secondary to shoulder injury I alerted you to during last week’s log…not fatigue of the muscles, et al. I even attempted rest-pause and strip sets without a hitch to assess this and because it was Christmas eve and the crowd in the gym was different than norm). I guess I am saying that overall it was an average workout. I have already taken my post-workout beverage (self-concoction as described in pre-log sign up).

120 minutes: Effects of positive mood, et al have long-since waned. Effect agreed upon by bystanders today.

150 minutes: Effects not present.

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure

Before Supplement (this AM): 116/66
                          After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 114/72
                          After Supplement (30 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 118/70
                          After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 126/78
                          After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 122/66

(2) Labs from Friday results reported after the holiday // rationale: evaluation for side effect potential (stay tuned).

Today’s Workout Notes:

Chest Notes: While I cannot unfortunately list direct sets/reps info (due to the training modality’s inclusion in a forthcoming book), I can offer up bigger lifts and any effect seen as well as some elctromyographic (EMG) reports throughout.

Major Lifts ONLY

Flat Chest Press: Max Lift w/ reps today: 315 pounds x 7 reps (since shoulder injury in April, this has been my max however – prior to that time, I had gone up to 450 x 3 clean reps as a max lift) – there was NO +/- in weight today vs. last workout – has remained stable due to my shoulder and the pain I am already battling with it. Unfortunately, my shoulder is a limiting factor here as mentioned the previous two weeks and it should NOT be construed as either placebo NOR supplement effects – one that I am much aware of … As I attempt certain lifts (like pressing moves, incline + flat only), I cannot progress past a certain point (in pounds – it becomes too difficult mentally to overcome the pain and I call it a day – 315 has been that stagnant position for some time). The pain becomes unbearable at that time and I am already lifting through it past about 250 pounds (65 pounds of essential guts and fight!).

Incline Dumbbell Chest Press: Max Lift w/ reps today: 110 pounds x 9 clean reps. [This is stable vs. last week] Please Note that I again was limited by pain on this movement about the same as last week and unable to assess whether this is the supplement or placebo, I am not sure it could really be attributed to what was in the pill bottle either way, so I am placing this on the confounding variable list.

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book. However, some important things will be monitored due to the types of sides suggested as usual potential for various supps. If I had to wager, I would say it was the supplement versus the sugar pill because it is clear some effect was seen.

Caloric Intake was set: 3850 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was lowER-carb return…as noted earlier in my log, I don’t tend to get carb cravings as I am VERY self-disciplined; however, could have attributed general full feeling all day to some aid from supplement…usually I can see an episode of ravaging hunger sneak in for at least a meal or two … nothing today (with 1 meal to go as of this writing).

What do you think?

(3) How did each day stack up to the pill ingested?

We’ll see in a minute. On to the unveiling…

Comment

Week 2 Summaries

First, the unveiling of what was contained in each envelope:

Monday: Yellow nEuphoria
                            Tuesday: Placebo
                            Wednesday: Day Off
                            Thursday: Yellow nEuphoria
                            Friday: Placebo
                            Saturday: Placebo
                            Sunday: Yellow nEuphoria

The good news is that the effect was rather predictable on most occasion - Thursday being the most challenging to differentiate as the effect was subtle if you recall from the day-to-day accounts. Some confounding factors that likely contributed to this were the fact that I was really concentrating on not having a repeat terrible leg day as I did in week 1 (recall my "deer in the headlight" effect while on the hack squat machine - verified by bystanders).

For our comparative analysis of my experience on a star basis of the Yellow nEuphoria vs. Placebo based on claims in the Controlled labs ad campaign look as follows in a table I constructed accounting for averages of the 3 days of each item:

Now, I will cut and paste the rating scale I have used alongside this trial for your ease:

* Insignificant Effect
                            *** Average Effect

And for your corneal pleasure....look into the yellow mess below prior to even thinking about asking me to assign statistical significance to these values seen in the table.

It cannot be done effectively without me "fudging" the numbers due to a small "N" - namely n=1 in this trial, too small a POWER effect to assign significance, however - it does affirm that the effects seen were, in fact, real.

This is important as I had described prior to this week to find out if I was simply another victim of placebo/nocebo effects - which apparently the answer is NO. [But we are only at the half-way point of our trials, there are still many questions to be answered...

A couple other notes are the potential confounding variables:
                            A good researcher ALWAYS lets you in on potential flaws to the study and confounding variables are the biggest things to look for.
                            (1) Sampling Bias...this wasn't 100% random - I had already known I was going to have 3 days of each - so exact chance wasn't a true possibility due to limitations.
                            (2) Population Bias...would my results be applicable to the entire population? This plays out in a couple of ways. For the aforementioned week, it is worth noting that I was defining myself as on an empty stomach, having eaten 2 hours prior to ingestion of placebo or YN. To get similar results, the trial would have to be repeated in the virtually exact manner. Now, this also includes which days I lifted with the YN and which days I lifted with the placebo (i.e. - would the same effects have been seen if I lifted for arms with YN vs. the placebo the way it was done in this trial, does time of day impact the trial at all - some days I was working out at 6:00am, others - 8:00am...how does this affect it). Don't think I stop here...I am certainly going to attempt to gain answers to these in the next couple of weeks and eliminate rationale for people to be concerned about confounding variables. As I have suggested throughout my trial - MORE STUDY IS NEEDED...right now, I can say that the "effects" are certainly different vs. placebo. I CAN differentiate which ones I get (YN or Placebo; Thursday again was tricky, but I have pointed out other factors that could have contributed there) secondary to effects seen/felt. I cannot underscore enough how important that is for a scientific skeptic!

I told you Yellow nEuphoria would be the MOST HIGHLY SCRUTINIZED PRODUCT in a user's review EVER (hands down here)...so we still have blood work, we still have EMG (thus far - effects have been slim to none on blood pressure, but we will still hone in more answers to vital signs effects later in the trial).

Until next time...

PREVIEW

(1) Independent Supplement Review Part IV
                            (2) Blood Work Results

Thanks for watching...

D_

Comment

Very cool log. I am a pharmaceutical guy, so it is really neet to see someone apply solid scientific measures such as pharmacokinetic analysis and statistical significance. Although, I do agree that the power (n) of your study may be inadequate in numbers. Anyways, good stuff! One request. Can you change the small yellow print font to a different color? It is really hard to read. Take care!

Comment

Originally posted by dinoiii
                                First, the unveiling of what was contained in each envelope:

Monday: Yellow nEuphoria
                                Tuesday: Placebo
                                Wednesday: Day Off
                                Thursday: Yellow nEuphoria
                                Friday: Placebo
                                Saturday: Placebo
                                Sunday: Yellow nEuphoria

The good news is that the effect was rather predictable on most occasion - Thursday being the most challenging to differentiate as the effect was subtle if you recall from the day-to-day accounts. Some confounding factors that likely contributed to this were the fact that I was really concentrating on not having a repeat terrible leg day as I did in week 1 (recall my "deer in the headlight" effect while on the hack squat machine - verified by bystanders).

For our comparative analysis of my experience on a star basis of the Yellow nEuphoria vs. Placebo based on claims in the Controlled labs ad campaign look as follows in a table I constructed accounting for averages of the 3 days of each item:

Now, I will cut and paste the rating scale I have used alongside this trial for your ease:

* Insignificant Effect
                                *** Average Effect

And for your corneal pleasure....look into the yellow mess below prior to even thinking about asking me to assign statistical significance to these values seen in the table.

It cannot be done effectively without me "fudging" the numbers due to a small "N" - namely n=1 in this trial, too small a POWER effect to assign significance, however - it does affirm that the effects seen were, in fact, real.

This is important as I had described prior to this week to find out if I was simply another victim of placebo/nocebo effects - which apparently the answer is NO. [But we are only at the half-way point of our trials, there are still many questions to be answered...

A couple other notes are the potential confounding variables:
                                A good researcher ALWAYS lets you in on potential flaws to the study and confounding variables are the biggest things to look for.
                                (1) Sampling Bias...this wasn't 100% random - I had already known I was going to have 3 days of each - so exact chance wasn't a true possibility due to limitations.
                                (2) Population Bias...would my results be applicable to the entire population? This plays out in a couple of ways. For the aforementioned week, it is worth noting that I was defining myself as on an empty stomach, having eaten 2 hours prior to ingestion of placebo or YN. To get similar results, the trial would have to be repeated in the virtually exact manner. Now, this also includes which days I lifted with the YN and which days I lifted with the placebo (i.e. - would the same effects have been seen if I lifted for arms with YN vs. the placebo the way it was done in this trial, does time of day impact the trial at all - some days I was working out at 6:00am, others - 8:00am...how does this affect it). Don't think I stop here...I am certainly going to attempt to gain answers to these in the next couple of weeks and eliminate rationale for people to be concerned about confounding variables. As I have suggested throughout my trial - MORE STUDY IS NEEDED...right now, I can say that the "effects" are certainly different vs. placebo. I CAN differentiate which ones I get (YN or Placebo; Thursday again was tricky, but I have pointed out other factors that could have contributed there) secondary to effects seen/felt. I cannot underscore enough how important that is for a scientific skeptic!

I told you Yellow nEuphoria would be the MOST HIGHLY SCRUTINIZED PRODUCT in a user's review EVER (hands down here)...so we still have blood work, we still have EMG (thus far - effects have been slim to none on blood pressure, but we will still hone in more answers to vital signs effects later in the trial).

Until next time...

PREVIEW

(1) Independent Supplement Review Part IV
                                (2) Blood Work Results

Thanks for watching...

D_
                                Nice !!

Comment

Working...
                                X