Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinoiii's Bringin' Sexy Back: Yellow nEuphoria (B)log!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3, Part I

WEEK 1: Assess Tolerance
    [color=yellow][b][size=+2]Day 3 (Dec 13, 2006): OFF from supplement today

Dose Used in Trial Thus Far: * Per product instructions; dinoiii will “taper” up dosage… increased dose from 1 cap Monday to 2 caps Tuesday...and tried the occasional-use supplement in off fashion; will return to 2 caps tomorrow.

Day Off Subjective Commentary – Recall that we have been reviewing the ad "claims" made for Yellow nEuphoria and I will, in effect, rate the same parameters according to today's "feelings" below:

(1) Depressed Appetite: (-)
    (2) Alertness: (-)
    (3) Decreased Stress Effects: (-) (Actually more stressed, but as a certain someone on the board told me; I probably just need more sleep - Not a supplement side effect, simply a work-aholic)
    (4) Decreased Fatigue: (-) (Relaxed Effect Drop-Off today)
    (5) Mental Focus: ** (Cannot wait to put science to use and judge potential placebo, can this product be too good to be true or what?)
    (6) Mood: ** (huge dropoff here!)
    (7) Libido: (-) Again, thus far … NOT tested.
    (8) Endurance & Stamina: * (Would say little to no change)

Dinoiii's Rating Scale KEY:
    * Insignificant Effect
    ** Slight Effect, Still Insignificant
    *** Average Effect
    **** Statistically Significant Effect
    ***** Dinoiii's Praise (statistical significance doesn't describe this!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Objective Off-Day Points –

(1) Blood Pressure
    * measured via automated cuff; last calibrated on Dec 10, 2006

Baseline: 110-120/60-80
    Throughout day, BP ranged from 108-116/68-74 (average BPs)

(2) Labs will be on a day off from the gym later in trial // rationale: evaluation for side effect potential (stay tuned).

(3) Electromyography (EMG) to assess muscle contractile effects later in trial (stay tuned).

------------------------------------------

Today’s Workout Notes:

Off from the gym today; tomorrow legs. Going to squat some serious weight hopefully. Sleep will be imperative this PM.

--------------------------------------------

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book.

Caloric Intake remained the same as baseline: 3450 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was again lowER-carb (20%; glycogen-replenishment issues; cortisol control).

Comment

Day 3, Part II

Independent Supplement Review - PART I:

* So we're all on the same page, dinoiii has decided to go in-depth on each ingredient. The rationale of this "independent" review is because an ad can offer virtually anything and it is important to see various components of what you're ingesting prior to throwing it down the ole piehole. We will take each compound in turn. Here is Part I.

neUphoria Complex:

Component #1, Rhizoma Corydalis Yanhusuo
      (aka - Turkey Corn, Dutchman's Breeches, Golden Smoke, and Bleeding Heart)

Classically considered a Chinese medicine alternative modality, however, it's potential breakthrough into the sports supplement industry comes with Yellow nEuphoria.

Part(s) Used: The part of this plant used medicinally is the rhizome. A rhizome, by botanical definition is a horizontal underground stem which can shoot both roots and shoots. I have included a picture to illustrate what I mean below.

Actives: Tetrahydropalmatine (THP), a racemic mixture of the fouor major alkaloids, is a biologically active ingredient isolated from a traditional Chinese herb Rhizoma Corydalis (yanhusuo).

Usual Usage: While in Chinese medicine, this agent is enacted to restore something called qi (a concept well beyond the scope of this (b)log), its efficacy trials have found benefit in circulation (with aid in myocardial infarct - heart attack - patients), gastrointestinal distress/indigestion and general pain relief. There are other benefits that have been suggested that have never truly panned out in efficacy trials. As one part of the CordyCalm complex alongside the Blue Lotus, Rhizoma Corydalis Yanhusuo extracted for 80% THP, this product makes use of the proposed dopaminergic mechanism of action to initiate the calming effect. Thus far in the infancy of my trial - it seems to be working. Time will tell...

Dinoiii's Safety Grade Report: Rather safe product; no side effects noted in toxicology reports, 2 possible case suggestions of upset stomach (GI sides) rather than aid, however this has been contested due to extraneous variables uncontrolled for. Overall Grade: A

We will continue basic write-ups until all portions have been gone over. Expect one for each day-off training during the course of dinoiii's (b)log.

Comment

yellow nEuphoria and dinoiii's writing

Dec 13, 2006: The Contaminated Tampon & Dietary Supplements

Author’s Note: Urban legends are rather common forms of modern-day story telling. There are tie-ins to the dietary supplement industry though. Read on…

This one may be one you have heard:

Several years ago, a new tampon was introduced to the market. It was attractively packaged and reasonably priced, so many women tried the new product. But over time, many of the women who used the new tampon noticed that thier periods were heavier than they had been before. Some women sent letters urgining a consumer advocacy group to investigate the product.

In their labs, the advocacy group found that the tampon included asbestos. Asbestos induces bleeding. Naturally, if a woman’s flow is heavier, she will have to buy more tampons. The advocacy group published their results in a woman’s magazine, and the manufacturer was forced to take the tampons off the market.

Urban Legend or Not?

The dietary supplement industry has been under virtual attacks that share an uneasy similarity to the story depicted above. Product W found to contain contaminant X; Product Y conveniently added with anabolic agent Z. Is there truth to these tales or is this similar to the incident described above in the case of the asbestos-laiden tampons?

Today, I was asked on another message board about a case of a protein powder from about a year or so ago containing such anabolic substances. Wow, recalling the events in question - I thought that the findings had passed. I suppose as more and more people try and take control of their physiques and health, however, people will always "discover" these stories. Suggestion of such cases without any full acknowledgement from said parties called to question likely remains but an urban legend until proven otherwise.

Granted, it may be a "don’t tell" industry; but we live with a "we’ll make you believe it if it makes for a good story" media.

Until tomorrow…

D_

Comment

Day 4

Day 4 (Dec 14, 2006): 2 capsules (nEuphoria complex – ~534mg, aDapt complex - 700mg, cRush complex 200mg)

Supplement Time: taken @ 5:30am; workout @ 6:00am

Dose Used: * Per product instructions; dinoiii will “taper” up dosage… today’s dose was 2 caps (recalling yesterday I was NOT taking the "occasional use" supplement) while a day prior I had also taken 2 caps; tomorrow, I will continue to ramp up to recommended max of 3 caps.

Supplement Effects:

Subjective – Reminder: The subjective components have been extracted from the Controlled Labs Yellow Neuphoria FAQ page. All parameters being “claimed” will be assessed on subjective rating scale.

(1) Depressed Appetite: ** (Perhaps a minor attributable effect in the immediate vicinity of AM dose)
          (2) Alertness: * (WOW, was this a challenge today - see more later...)
          (3) Decreased Stress Effects: ** (Outside stressors force me to leave this at approximated baseline)
          (4) Decreased Fatigue: *** (VERY Relaxed effect present; would question a "fatigued buzz" more later...)
          (5) Mental Focus: **** 1/2 (Now, I would actually give this two scores, one for pre-workout/the other for how it affected the workout...In comparison to the last yellow nEuphoria dose --Tuesday-- focus was apparently sacrificed at the expense of "loose mood" during the workout, however, from bystander suggestion, I was able to lend to complete focus in the car ride to the gym...kind of a mixed bag; again, may lend itself to not be ideal use pre-workout...read more later...)
          (6) Mood: ***** (highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom! Still cannot say enough here. Today was off the charts - general feel good - beginning to question rationale as my time-choice; likely NOT best chosen to use as "pre-workout" but I will trudge on with trials, some answers may be a bit clearer as we continue on...read more later...)
          (7) Libido: (-) Ummmm, thus far … NOT tested.
          (8) Endurance & Stamina: **

* Insignificant Effect
          *** Average Effect

The Yellow nEuphoria Experience:
          * Dinoiii’s Reiteration: I will write down my experience with the product at the half-hour marks (highlighted) and will write down a very subjective interpretation of effects highlighted. These are direct notes I have jotted down signifying my personal experience in my own log.

Times = POST-INGESTION:
          15 minutes: No effect noted thus far.

*** 15.75 minutes: Seems like this will be the time I cite as onset today. This seems to be reached a lot sooner than my initial dose, perhaps - it is something that becomes acclimated through time. Again, NOT a jittery feeling and the buzz would be considered the “loopiest” to date.

Bystander notes: significant change from baseline mood and focus. As mentioned above, concentration/focus increases (namely in car-ride to gym and pre-workout; yeah dinoiii kind of has a ritual).

Early questions: Is this an upgrade in onset secondary to ramping up dose or is this subjective placebo timing? Is this a more acclimated response or my making the response fit the dose? How about a change in pattern/efficacy (response) when coming from a day off? Is this response something amplified due to my lack of other recreational/explicit drug history (i.e. - cannibanoid, et al.) - again, think humulus lupulus (8% lupulinum extract)? Volume of distribution effects? [NEED MORE STUDY!] This is where the science of next week will put some of these answers together for me, but again...you will have to tune in and see if my predictions are right.

30 minutes: Continued effect present…Today was leg-day (will express below how my lifts go later in the log). Getting ready to begin workout. Focus may be drawn into question secondary to the "loopy" feeling (the most pronounced this effect has been to date).

60 minutes: Focus was VERY off today…Omigod - on hack squats, when I got in the cage and looked up at the lights, dinoiii was instaneously mezmorized, like fly drawn into the light, a moth to the flame! What the hell was I doing...about to lift 16 plates? This would be interesting, questionable safety. Again, I could also be the deterrent, but our controls next week will be very tell-tale IMO. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

90 minutes: Overall Leg workout rating: 3-4 out of 10. This is likely the first concern truly in regards to the supplement. As I have suggested in the past, I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal.

Today was a virtual struggle. I guess I am saying that overall it was an average workout…took me a little longer to get through, but I would just sit there with my temporary workout partner (in the area for the time-being) questioning what was wrong with me while I stared off into space.

I have already taken my post-workout beverage (self-concoction as described in pre-log sign up).

120 minutes: Effects still present. Mood ovrall positive, yet more sporadic in nature with quiet euphoric state present.

150 minutes: Effects still present looping in and out. Focus/Concentration outside the gym is back, again - more potential support to this not being a good pre-workout pick, which is NOT to be looked at as a deterrant to the reader...this as an anti-stress pick, et al that is very much so suggested by Controlled Labs in their ad campaigns is VERY real, we just have to question how best to put it to use and again, I cannot stress the importance of next week's randomizations - you again will have to stay tuned.

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure

Before Supplement (this AM): 114/66
          After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 122/76
          After Supplement (30 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 120/74
          After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 118/70
          After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 114/72

(2) Labs will be on a day off from the gym later in trial // rationale: evaluation for side effect potential (stay tuned).

(3) Electromyography (EMG) to assess muscle contractile effects later in trial (stay tuned).

I am toying with potentially adding some tests here. I will throw it around for the next couple days and try and figure it in somehow before presenting it here.

Today’s Workout Notes:

Leg Notes: While I cannot unfortunately list direct sets/reps info (due to the training modality’s inclusion in a forthcoming book), I can offer up bigger lifts and any effect seen as well as some elctromyographic (EMG) reports throughout.

Major Lifts ONLY

Back Squat: Max Lift w/ reps today: 505 pounds x 4/3/1 reps (Rest-Pause) – was not maxing this weight today even remotely, but did do some rest pauses in attempts to remedy the workout and lifts. From former logs, this will NOT go down as attempt to match max. We already have discussed the supplement effect above Shoulder is not a limiting factor in this lift.

Hack Squats: Max Lift w/ reps today: 720 pounds x 6 reps. Again, this was NOT a max lift attempt, nor from former logs worth comparison.

One-Legged Leg Press: Max Lift w/ reps today: 360 pounds x 8 reps, again...same story - not max lift nor reps. Rest-pause not attempted here.

*** Potential effects seen from the supplement: as I suggested above, workout was not only a little longer but also placing my mind in "la-la-land." Energy between sets was down.***

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book. However, some important things will be monitored due to the types of sides suggested as usual potential for various supps – namely appetite remained in tact with two pills. Tomorrow, I am taking max recommended dose of the supplement - 3 pills (Friday) and will follow with the same on Saturday (if remains tolerable) so we will see if this offers any changes to appetite.

Caloric Intake remained the same as baseline: 3600 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was again low-carb…as noted yesterday, I don’t tend to get carb cravings as I am VERY self-disciplined; however, could have attributed general full feeling all day to some aid from supplement; in fact today was first day, I would consider an EXTRA-full feeling - unfortunately, it comes at a time of increased calories from the day prior - so we can see potential confounding variables here.(with 1 meal to go as of this writing).

Comment

Day 5

Day 5 (Dec 15, 2006): 3 capsules (nEuphoria complex – 800mg, aDapt complex - 1,050mg, cRush complex 300mg)

Supplement Time: taken @ 5:30am; workout @ 6:00am

Dose Used: * Per product instructions; dinoiii will “taper” up dosage… today’s dose was 3 caps (recalling yesterday I was taking 2 caps) while a day prior I had also taken 2 caps; tomorrow, I will again take the max of 3 caps.

Supplement Effects:

Subjective – Reminder: The subjective components have been extracted from the Controlled Labs Yellow Neuphoria FAQ page. All parameters being “claimed” will be assessed on subjective rating scale.

(1) Depressed Appetite: *** (While I followed a more generalized feeling of "fullness" today, I think there has been evidence of increased satiety while upping the dose)
            (2) Alertness: * (WOW, the challenge continues as I do NOT consider alertness synonomous NOR homologous with focused, but of course I will elaborate on this in a more complete fashion below...)
            (3) Decreased Stress Effects: **** (I am actually ranking this higher today...unfortunately I also felt rather sleepy, but unstressed - how much can be attributed to Yellow nEuphoria vs. the dinoiii-lifestyle?)
            (4) Decreased Fatigue: * (VERY Relaxed effect present; would additionally suggest a rather worn-down dinoiii though, but again as above, I have to question the likelihood of this being the lifestyle I keep versus supplement side effects...I am simply acknowledging this)
            (5) Mental Focus: ***** (highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom! I have been creeping up the tally on this supplement, but 3 is the apparent sincere bomb. I probably could've written 3 more books and 10 articles today - hehe, but dinoiii has company in town for a limited time, so please forgive me)
            (6) Mood: ***** (highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom! Still cannot say enough here. Cool calm and collective...what I would call dinoiii's "Chillin' Like A Villain" mood state SWEET!)
            (7) Libido: (-) Ummmm, thus far … NOT tested.
            (8) Endurance & Stamina: ** (unchanged)

* Insignificant Effect
            *** Average Effect

* Dinoiii’s Reiteration: I will write down my experience with the product at the half-hour marks (highlighted) and will write down a very subjective interpretation of effects highlighted. These are direct notes I have jotted down signifying my personal experience in my own log.

Times = POST-INGESTION:
            *** 13.25 minutes: The onset-time I cite today. This seems to be continually reached a lot sooner than my initial dose, perhaps - it is something that becomes acclimated through time or the increasing dose effects. Again, NOT a jittery feeling, no headaches or lightheadedness were noted. The "buzz" is there and for me, I am happy to report is again the "crisp" description I had given it back on the opening days of the trial versus the "loopier" version it had become.

Bystander notes: significant change from baseline mood and focus. Outsiders can literally note when I am feeling the effects and when it occurs. As mentioned above, concentration/focus increases (namely in car-ride to gym and pre-workout).

Early questions re-considered: Is this an upgrade in onset secondary to ramping up dose or is this subjective placebo timing? Is this a more acclimated response or my making the response fit the dose? How about a change in pattern/efficacy (response) when coming from a day off? Is this response something amplified due to my lack of other recreational/explicit drug history (i.e. - cannibanoid, et al.) - again, think humulus lupulus (8% lupulinum extract)? Volume of distribution effects? [NEED MORE STUDY!] This is where the science of next week will put some of these answers together for me, but again...you will have to tune in and see if my predictions are right.

15 minutes: Continued effect present...getting ready for the workout, bystanders make note of my chillin' like a villain" persona!

30 minutes: Continued effect present…Today was arm-day (will express below how my lifts go later in the log). Getting ready to begin workout.

60 minutes: Focus was brought back into order today. I was pretty extactic to say the least, again...not as imminently dangerous lifts as legs or chest, but still could have thrown off plight. This day was much more safe and back in line. Again, I could also be the deterrent, but our controls next week will be very tell-tale IMO. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

90 minutes: Overall Arm workout rating: 5-6 out of 10. As I have suggested in the past, I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal.

I have already taken my post-workout beverage (self-concoction as described in pre-log sign up).

120 minutes: Effects still present. Mood overall positive and more controlled than the day prior.

150 minutes: Effects still present looping in and out. Focus/Concentration outside the gym is so much better than yesterday.

***210 minutes: What I would suggest to be the approximate extinction time cited. [Please note: extinction time likely occured somewhere between 180 and 210 minutes, however, I only offered check-in at each half-hour mark, so this was the first time I would have suggested noting the effects had dissipated.

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure

Before Supplement (this AM): 116/68
            After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 120/70
            After Supplement (30 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 118/68
            After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 118/70
            After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 114/66

I am toying with potentially adding some tests here. I will throw it around for the next couple days and try and figure it in somehow before presenting it here.

Today’s Workout Notes:

Arm Notes: While I cannot unfortunately list direct sets/reps info (due to the training modality’s inclusion in a forthcoming book), I can offer up bigger lifts and any effect seen as well as some elctromyographic (EMG) reports throughout.

Major Lifts ONLY

Standing Barbell Curl: Max Lift w/ reps today: 155 pounds x 8/6/4 reps (Rest-Pause) – not max lifts. From former logs, this will NOT go down as attempt to match max.

Weighted Dips: Max Lift w/ reps today: 135/90/45 pounds off weighted chain belt @ (8/3/1)/(6/3/1)/(4/2/1) reps. Again, this was NOT a max lift attempt, nor from former logs as this was kind of the first time I employed use of such a lift. It was kind of a rest-pause-strip set. I am hoping the numbers make sense...if not, let me know below.

Close-Grip Bench: Max Lift w/ reps today: 135 pounds x 12 reps. This was VERY limited due to its placement in the workout (end) alongside shoulder pain.

***Focus was back in order and I could concentrate well again. May indicate yesterday's results to have been outside interference (due to general fatigue). Again - the science that defines next week will help us distinguish this.***

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book. However, some important things will be monitored due to the types of sides suggested as usual potential for various supps – namely appetite seemed to take a dip today and I was overall "full" for the better part of the day. I am taking max recommended dose of the supplement - 3 pills ..I am seeing how this offers any changes to appetite.

Caloric Intake: 3600 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was again low-carb…as noted yesterday, I don’t tend to get carb cravings as I am VERY self-disciplined; however, could have attributed general full feeling all day to some aid from supplement; in fact today was first day, I would consider an EXTRA-full feeling (even greater than yesterday) - the better answered suggestion is seen in that caloric tallies remained consistent with a day prior - so we can see potential elimination of confounding variables here.(with 1 meal to go as of this writing).

Comment

Thanks on the strength comments guys...actually going to be trying some new things. Since I left working in the hospital system on the medical wards, I just may return to bodybuilding competitions in 2007.

It has been over 5 years that I had trained in any type of the strict hypertrophy modalities - perhaps Purple Wrath and/or Green Magnitude would be of some assistance (dinoiii scratches head contemplating how he really wants to approach 2007). Still planning stages - but back to the task at hand for now...

D_

Comment

I have placed up some randomization info and suggestion of what is in store for week 2 over at Discount Anabolics. I will update this log as time becomes available tomorrow.

Stay tuned...tomorrow begins a new era in tester logs.

D_

Comment

Unreal log man... keep it up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dinoiii
                    The "buzz" is there and for me, I am happy to report is again the "crisp" description I had given it back on the opening days of the trial versus the "loopier" version it had become.
                    Sounding good... the effects really do vary don't they

Comment

Day 6

Day 6 (Dec 16, 2006): 3 capsules (nEuphoria complex – 800mg, aDapt complex - 1,050mg, cRush complex 300mg)

Supplement Time: taken @ 7:30am; workout @ 8:00am (unfortunately my gym opens at 8:00am on Saturday, so I had to push it back today)

Dose Used: * Per product instructions; dinoiii has “tapered” up dosage during week 1 trials… today’s dose was 3 caps (recalling yesterday, too, I was taking 3 caps) while a day prior I had also taken 2 caps and 1 cap the first day; tomorrow, I will again take day off as I am off from the gym and preparation for Week 2 will ensue.

Supplement Effects:

(1) Depressed Appetite: **** (Increased fullness perhaps secondary to octopamine effect at 300mg x 2 days in cummulative fashion??? Not necessarily clear at this point, will explore potential rationale during next week's science trials)
                      (2) Alertness: *** (Today, I seemed back on track in regards to generalized alertness; not necessarily above baseline - why I rate this "average" but it is noteworthy that it isn't deemed a deterrant)
                      (3) Decreased Stress Effects: **** (I think the stress level remained pretty low today, again...been moitoring this closely due to ad claims and my own lifestyle as you may have noticed in watching this log; that said, I have figured in any extraneous variables for next week - more answers will likley come forward then. Stay tuned...)
                      (4) Decreased Fatigue: *** (VERY Relaxed effect present; dinoiii is back to himself, not necessarily above baseline though today - again...this renders the score on this parameter once again "average")
                      (5) Mental Focus: ***** (highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom! This has been great all 5 days on the supplement, general focus has been off the charts.)
                      (6) Mood: ***** (highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom! This again is one of those unchanged items for the week, I have been extatic to say the least. We all desire the "ecstacy-like" feeling - Yellow nEuphoria delivers!)
                      (7) Libido: (-) Ummmm, thus far … NOT tested, soon enough!
                      (8) Endurance & Stamina: ** (unchanged)

* Insignificant Effect
                      *** Average Effect

Times = POST-INGESTION:
                      *** 14.55 minutes: The onset-time I cite today. It was not as quick as yesterday, but before my first check-point. One may question relation how "late" (8am) I took the supplement today versus days prior (6am) in this trial in judgement of acclimating effect. Again, NOT a jittery feeling, no headaches or lightheadedness were noted. The "buzz" is there and for me, I am happy to report again the "crisp" description I had given it back on the opening days of the trial and yesterday versus the "leg day" experience I had on Day 4.

Bystander notes: significant change from baseline mood and focus, but "less than yesterday." As mentioned above, concentration/focus increases (namely in car-ride to gym and pre-workout). Another comment: "Your focus and intensity seems to be back today."

Early questions, once again, re-considered: Is this an upgrade in onset secondary to ramping up dose or is this subjective placebo timing? Is this a more acclimated response or my making the response fit the dose? How about a change in pattern/efficacy (response) when coming from a day off? Is this response something amplified due to my lack of other recreational/explicit drug history (i.e. - cannibanoid, et al.) - again, think humulus lupulus (8% lupulinum extract)? Volume of distribution effects? [NEED MORE STUDY!] This is where the science of next week will put some of these answers together for me, but again...you will have to tune in and see if my predictions are right.

15 minutes: Continued effect present...getting ready for the workout, bystanders make note of my chillin' like a villain" persona part II!

30 minutes: Continued effect present…Today was ancillary lifts day (will express below how my lifts go later in the log). Getting ready to begin workout.

60 minutes: Focus, intensity, mental focus were GREAT today! [is this something to consider, like an acclimating period? MORE STUDY NEEDED!] I was pretty extactic to say the least, again...not as imminently dangerous lifts as legs or chest, but still could have thrown off plight. This day was much more safe and back in line. Again, I could also be the deterrent, but our controls next week will be very tell-tale IMO. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

90 minutes: Overall Ancillary workout rating: 7 out of 10. As I have suggested in the past, I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal.

120 minutes: Effects still present. Mood overall positive and more controlled than the day prior.

150 minutes: Effects have effectively waned!!! While I cite this as the cessation time today, it may have occured somewhere between 120-150 minutes; I only check on half hours in attempts to try and offer as much a detail account as possible.

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure

Before Supplement (this AM): 122/72
                      After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 120/68
                      After Supplement (30 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 124/68
                      After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 128/72
                      After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 118/68

Today’s Workout Notes:

Ancillary Notes: While I cannot unfortunately list direct sets/reps info (due to the training modality’s inclusion in a forthcoming book), I can offer up bigger lifts and any effect seen as well as some elctromyographic (EMG) reports throughout.

Major Lifts ONLY

Overhead Barbell Press: Max Lift w/ reps today: 225 pounds x 12/6/4 reps (Rest-Pause) – not max lifts. From former logs, this will NOT go down as attempt to match max.

Farmer's Carries: Max Lift w/ reps today: 110 pounds each arm for a total of 576 steps- NOT max lift. I am hoping the numbers make sense...if not, let me know below.

Barbell Shrugs: Max Lift w/ reps today: 435 pounds x 10/4/2 reps (Rest-Pause).

***Focus, Concentration, mental focus allowed me to do planned workout today as scheduled. Overall, I was rather content with supplement effects + workout effects together for the first time. Again, next week's science portion should separate what's what - perhaps this is NOT bad a pre-workout formula as was previously anticipated and acclimation may have paid it's dues at this point.***

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book. However, some important things will be monitored due to the types of sides suggested as usual potential for various supps – namely appetite seemed to take a dip today and I was overall "full" for the better part of the day. I am taking max recommended dose of the supplement - 3 pills ..I am seeing how this offers any changes to appetite.

Caloric Intake: 4000 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was again higher-carb. With 1 meal to go as of this writing, it again is difficult to discern supplement effects versus increased caloric intake / carb tally. Next week's science portion should be well worth staying tuned for...don't miss it!

---------------------------------------

Tomorrow's Preview:

(1) Part II of Independent Supplement Review

(2) Randomization Process, Pictures, and Some notes to discuss the upcoming week.

(3) Summary of Week 1 of trial!

DO NOT MISS THIS ONE!!!

---------------------------------------

Comment

Day OFF

Independent Supplement Review - PART II:

* Recap: So we're all on the same page, dinoiii has decided to go in-depth on each ingredient. The rationale of this "independent" review is because an ad can offer virtually anything and it is important to see various components of what you're ingesting prior to throwing it down the ole piehole. We will take each compound in turn. IN accordance with the first one, here is part II.

neUphoria Complex:

Component #2, Blue Lotus
                        (aka - Egyptian Blue Lotus, Blue Water Lily, Sacred Narcotic Lily of the Nile)

PLANT FAMILY: Nymphaeaceae
                        GENUS: Nymphaea
                        PLANT SPECIES: caerulea, nouchali var. caerulea

Classically considered an Egyptian specialty realm, however, it's potential breakthrough into the sports supplement industry comes with Yellow nEuphoria.

It is Blue Lotus which is used in ancient Egypt as a key to good health, sex and re-birth. Egyptian Blue Lotus is an herbal aphrodisiac for both men and women as well as a general remedy for all illness. It enhances sexual vigor and general good health. A tonic like ginseng, pain reliever like arnica, circulation stimulant like ginkgo biloba, and sex stimulant like Viagra. Egyptian Blue Lotus creates a feeling of well being, euphoria and ecstasy.

Blue Lotus is a free radical scavenger and antioxidant. Blue Lotus would have been used for age related diseases and would be useful in mild Alzheimer's, migraine headaches, tinnitus, various conditions involving blood flow and circulation, having a sexual stimulant Viagra effect on both men and women and is a better natural herbal form of Viagra.

Part(s) Used: Flowers

Actives: Unknown.

Usual Usage: Efficacy trials have supported all of the following: improving general overall well-being, stamina, sexual function, memory, circulation, vision, hair and nail growth, sleep, muscle tone, lipolysis and overall health, making the person feel and look younger. Thus far in the infancy of my trial - some of these items have been met with mixed reviews. Time will tell...

Dinoiii's Safety Grade Report: Rather safe product; no significant side effects noted in toxicology reports. Overall Grade: A

We will continue basic write-ups until all portions have been gone over. Expect one for each day-off training during the course of dinoiii's (b)log.

Comment

Week 2 Intro

WEEK 2: Scientific Analysis - Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial

Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trials:

Known as la crème de la crème in the clinical research world, a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial is the absolute epitome of standardizing research. Its rationale is obvious to many perhaps – control for any confounding variable that may be misconstrued as an actual effect.

In addition, a placebo effect (perceived effect by a study participant whom has not received the active ingredients) can be ruled out with lack of knowledge to whether or not one is receiving the placebo or the actual active ingredients in question. Whether or not the participant has received the active ingredients in question will not only be made unaware to neither the participant nor the study’s administrators (namely - myself and an unsuspecting Mezzogal who didn't know she would be dragged into this upon her visit! Fun: dinoiii-style! ).

Rationale: Control confounding variables, the placebo, + nocebo effects

During recent years, the full impact of the positive effect of the placebo – effectively the nontreatment control in many clinical studies – has become apparent. It has been estimated that about 30% of patients would get better through suggestion alone or in response to a dummy treatment. In fact, the evidence is more intriguing. Placebo benefits can occur in any proportion of a treatment group, from almost none to almost all in any test group, depending on the condition and circumstances. One of the craziest statistics I have ever read was that roughly 85% of cough suppressant action is seen through mere suggestion alone!

With such apparent potency, it is not surprising that placebos cab also generate significant levels of adverse effects. This is referred to as the nocebo phenomenon. In one review of trials involving 1228 healthy volunteers, adverse placebo responses were reported at 19% (increasing to 28% on repeated dosing of the placebo!).

Implications of the Placebo

In many ways, the placebos resemble the drugs with which they are being compared. In a review of randomized, placebo-controlled multi-center studies of five different medications in the areas of cardiology, neuropsychiatry, metabolism, and gastroenterology, it was shown that the placebo side effect profile was largely similar to the side effect profile of the active treatment. In fact, the placebo has been quoted as so strong in some that the “interactions” between the placebo and other medications resemble the drugs to which they are matching!

Implications of the Nocebo

One study suggests that the nocebo is affected by the power of adverse suggestion. Several factors are at the pinnacle of this thinking:
                          (1) The participant’s expectations of adverse effects at the outset of treatment
                          (2) Process conditioning when participant learns from previous experience
                          (3) Certain psychological characteristics such as anxiety, depression, and tendency to somatize (make real symptoms within body)
                          (4) Situational and Contextual factors

Many of these effects could actually be “cured” with a quiet reassuring word with the patient/participant. Now, make no mistake – whether this would actually reduce the incidence of the adverse effects or simply make the patient more likely to tolerate them and less likely to report them is arguable. However, avoiding the nocebo effect of negative thoughtless statements to a patient/participant that some physicians apparently lack.

The Supplement Industry and Logs

Think this is something that cannot have impact on the various trials employed by people embarking on testing a supplement out for a company? I hope not - it is, in effect, all too commonplace...but this will NOT be the case here. In fact, Yellow nEuphoria will be the most highly scrutinized agent to date and that is a result of what you are about to see...

Comment

Week 2 - Randomization

The Randomization Process

Step 1: Placebo (Sugar Pill, No Yellow nEuphoria present, similar yellow coating for encapsulated material) vs. Yellow nEuphoria pills - two capsules of the placebo OR Yellow nEuphoria will be placed in a small envelope with the product contents (i.e. - "YN" for Yellow nEuphoria -or- "Placebo" for alternative material) written on the back. The label will be covered with a translucent (cannot see through) cover to hide the contents.

Comment

Week 2 - Randomization con't

The Randomization Process Con't

Step 2: Next, the already sealed and covered envelopes will be placed in ziploc bag for remainder of trial after being thoroughly mixed up.

Step 3: Each day - for the course of six days, one of the envelopes' contents will be drawn + 20 oz. water will be ingested 60 minutes prior to the workout.

Step 4: Effects and the like will be monitored in the same fashion as for week 1. I will place a label on the back of the envelope to remind me of which day the contents were ingested. At the end of week 2, I will uncover it and reveal to the world which effects were coupled with which contents (Yellow nEuphoria or placebo).

Comment

Week 1 Subjective Summary

Subjective Week 1 tallies

This is a VERY preliminary summary of effects on the subjective scale I addressed claims made by Controlled Labs' ad campaign for yellow nEuphoria for week 1. These were tallied up and averaged and the results for each are as follows:

(1) Depressed Appetite: 1.8 stars
                                Quick recap comment: Appetite seemed to be more affected as dose was ramped up. The greatest impact was seen with 3 capsules over the course of the week.

(2) Alertness: 1.9 stars
                                Quick recap comment: Again, alertness to me is NEITHER synonomous nor homologous with Focus - just keep this in mind as people's interpretation of such words gets clouded on a scale. This was impacted by the leg workout of day 4 most of all.

(3) Decreased Stress Effects: 2.8 stars
                                Quick recap comment: This had some ups and downs. dinoiii's lifestyle is rather stressful to begin. We'll be able to make better ruling on such effects seen with the science trials and controls.

(4) Decreased Fatigue: 2.1 stars
                                Quick recap comment: Fatigue wasn't necessarily decreased - quite the contrary...I found myself actually more sleepy over the course of the week - perhaps attributable to the "relaxation" effect that was, in effect, very real IMO.

(5) Mental Focus: 4.4 stars
                                Quick recap comment: This was outstanding. 4.4 stars for me is like PHARMACEUTIC RESULTS. A++ to the Controlled Labs' crew here. Again, future competitor and well-versed scientist/skeptic - this says SOOOO much here.

(6) Mood: 5 stars!
                                Quick recap comment: Again, my hat's off to the Controlled Labs' crew once again. This was a great overall effect. I was feeling generally well over the course of the week. Endogenous cannibinoid effect? Unsure - but, again -real...we will control next week and some answers shall be revealed.

(7) Libido: Thus far, not tested!
                                Quick recap comment: Soon! You bet ya!!! Stay tuned...there's always a reason to check into this log, I am certainly making it worth while.

(8) Endurance & Stamina: 1.7 stars
                                Quick recap comment: I didn't really see it's impact here, but my workouts are - in all fairness - VERY planned (as you can likely imagine) and my endurance was roughly the same...I did hit a personal best this week with weighted pull-ups as you can review, but I am not sure what this effect could be seen from. Next week will reveal more.

* dinoiii's note: I have opted against objective inclusion here - because we will have more data after week 3 (labs and blood work - with some other works in progress). Right now a review reveals no change in monitored vital signs (i.e. - blood pressure).

* Insignificant Effect
                                *** Average Effect

Tomorrow - BRING ON THE SCIENCE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X