Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinoiii's Bringin' Sexy Back: Yellow nEuphoria (B)log!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinoiii's Bringin' Sexy Back: Yellow nEuphoria (B)log!!!

“Dinoiii’s Bringin’ Sexy Back!”

Introduction: “Oh you didn’t know…your a** better call somebody!!!” How many people haven’t been around DA long enough to know I am a product’s harshest critic? Therefore, should a company accept a challenge from me, they are putting 100% faith in their product; dinoiii likes that! Some time ago when the idea of testing the new Controlled Labs product, Yellow Neuphoria was considered; I thought to myself…people could view this in one of two ways:

(1) That dinoiii’s up to no good once again.

-or-

(2) That dinoiii’s up to no good once again!

Well, I am sorry to disappoint you. While this will likely be the most rigorously tested supplement ever in (b)log fashion (after all, that is the dinoiii-way), it will also be very fair. I don’t do this very often but this was a little bit different.

-----------------------------------------

“THE OCCASIONAL USE SUPPLEMENT”
    One of the things that is a perk (no pun intended) for this supplement is that it is not necessarily needed all zee time. That being said, I will put it to use during this trial in different types of atmospheres…oh and you just might be invited to dinoiii’s bedroom (no, you're not gonna get the scandalous dinoiii sex tape, but you'll see what I mean) - “libido/stamina effects” per suggestion on FAQ page! Uh hem… and I quote: “(even at night prior to sexual activity).”

Dinoiii’s INDEPENDENT Supplement Ingredient Review
    I NEVER recommend ingestion of an item without allowing yourself time to become intimately acquainted with what it is that you are ingesting. We will explore the ingredients dinoiii-style. Prior to my own (b)log, I sat down and worked out all of the potential effects and mechanisms of action and science (perhaps mumbo-jumbo to most) which will subsequently follow [in a future (b)log entry] for the scientifically interested. For now, if it has passed that test, then it has done well.

Important Extracted Dinoiii Pertients from my “application” to be a tester:

Previous Stimulant/Nootropic/Adaptogen Use:

STIMULANTS
    ECA stacks
    EC stacks
    ECY stacks
    a whole boat load of caffeine and other various methylxanthine-containing products
    A few Specific Products in the stimulant/thermogenic class:
    Spike (Biotest)
    Beta 3 (Syntrax)
    Redline (VPX)
    Hot Rox (Biotest)
    Lots of RTDs with methylxanthines: Redline, Black Pearl, Endorush
    My own concocted stimulant beverages (sorry can't offer these ideas up)

NOOTROPICS/ADAPTOGENS
    the list is more limited...
    Power Drive (Biotest)
    Cerebro (Syntrax)
    Rhodax (Pinnacle)
    Psychotropin (Ergopharm)
    My own concoctions (again,…)

Dinoiii’s Tale of the Tape

Sex: I happily possess a Y chromosome!
    Height: 5’9” (as I have suggested per NY state Driver’s License)
    Weight: currently...this AM: 212 pounds, 8.2% BF verified through Hydrostatics, Biolectrical Impedence, and Caliper average (BF % was measured on December 1, 2006)
    Bodytype: I hate this question. I would technically be considered an endo...but I think the stupid body typing is a rationalization....see BF% above...it always hasn't been this way
    Training experience: You can observe a thread in “Off Topics” entitled “Getting Inside the Mind of Dinoiii” here: http://www.discountanabolics.com/for...mind+dinoii i
    Cardio Schedule/Protocol: DON’T DO IT!!! DON’T THINK IT IS NEEDED!!! (See “Training Section” thread entitled "Weight Lifting --> Fat Burning" @ http://www.discountanabolics.com/for...ead.php?t=4736 ) My information comes in from post #20 on the second page in that thread and on...check it out so we understand each other fully, and you can also see some of the principles I believe in and training methodology I have developed over the course of my 15 years doing this and why...
    Current supplements:
    - My own Post-Workout Formula (unfortunately, I cannot offer the exact ingredients on a public forum ... I am certain you can appreciate my rationale here)
    - VPX Zero Carb (protein powder – chocolate is da bomb when mixed with various oils)
    - VPX CMZ MultiMineral
    - ACES + ZMA (generics verified through consumerlabs.com)
    ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs:
    - Dinoiii is Drug Free!!! Tell your friends…

GOALS

Short Term Goal:
    -I am NOT in need of being a "mass monster" in fact prefer to look bigger with lowest possible bodyfat percentage YEAR ROUND...obviously avoiding any kind of lipodystrophic state or what have you....bodyfat fluctuates from lower range of 4-5% up to about 9-11% (but I have not really been above 9 for like the last I don't know 5-6 years...)....Ummm, Fat loss is possible and welcomed (again, 8.2 current - have been as low as 4, so there is theoretic wiggle room...in a month's trial of your supp if this is something that I could foresee - maybe 7% or so), however, a bit of a boost to my 5am workouts with a bit more concentration secondary to loosing steam these past couple weeks is more the ideal...then comparison to other nootropic/stimulants and lots of them on a dinoiii-no holds barred scale

Long Term Goal:
    -hehe, being as close to lipodystrophic as possible without deleterious consequence....what could realistically be considered "fat free" and without drugs, et al btw....but really, long-term I will never be satisfied...not sure you can be and if you ever hear someone suggest it...they're flat out lying...I will always welcome new muscle and less fat...I am always realistic with expectations...on a personal note...if someone ever hears me suggest I am content and cannot strip a little more fat and/or add a little more muscle...I already have the gun loaded...please put me out of my misery

Which has lead us here today…

--------------------------------------------

Our Journey for this (B)log

Week 1: Assess Tolerance
    Week 2: Placebo-Control (you’ll see what I mean)
    Week 3: Rigorous Lab testing (blood work for side effect potential, EMG studies)
    Week 4: Dinoiii’s bringing sexy back (again, you’ll see what I mean)

WEEK 1: Assess Tolerance
    Day 1 (Dec 11, 2006): 1 capsule (nEuphoria complex – ~267mg, aDapt complex - 350mg, cRush complex 100mg)

Supplement Time: taken @ 5:30am; workout @ 6:00am

Dose Used: * Per product instructions; dinoiii will “taper” up dosage…therefore, I opted to divide all components by 3 and simply use 1 cap today…I will up this tomorrow to 2.

Supplement Effects:

Subjective – The subjective components' effects have been extracted from the Controlled Labs Yellow Neuphoria FAQ page. All parameters being “claimed” will be assessed on subjective rating scale.

(1) Depressed Appetite: (-)
    (2) Alertness: ** ½
    (3) Decreased Stress Effects: *** (and I am always stressed!)
    (4) Decreased Fatigue: * ½ (kinda made me relaxed!)
    (5) Mental Focus: **** (I was very in-tune; serious mind-brain effects)
    (6) Mood: ***** (highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom!)
    (7) Libido: (-) Ummmm, thus far … NOT tested.
    (8) Endurance & Stamina: * ½

Dinoiii's Rating Scale KEY:
    * Insignificant Effect
    ** Slight Effect, Still Insignificant
    *** Average Effect
    **** Statistically Significant Effect
    ***** Dinoiii's Praise (statistical significance doesn't describe this!)

The Yellow nEuphoria Experience:
    * Dinoiii’s Note: I will write down my experience with the product at the half-hour marks (highlighted) and will write down a very subjective interpretation of effects highlighted. These are direct notes I have jotted down signifying my personal experience in my own log.

Times = POST-INGESTION:
    15 minutes: No effect noted thus far.

*** 18.45 minutes: Quoted "Onset" time for effects seen. Very “strange” feeling, but I thus far cannot rule out the potential to exist for placebo. It is NOT a jittery strange, but a “loopy” experience – no better way to describe it than a “soft drunk” – like a minor buzz effect.

I will have to control for negative placebo potential as well next week. But for now, it actually appears to be an early effect. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

30 minutes: Continued drunk-like effect…phew not ideal to throw up bench presses, but I will make significant attempt – considering safety notes, will likely head to the rack and apply safety’s inches above chest’s height. Getting ready to begin workout.

60 minutes: Very hard to stay focused on the workout – its not a bad thing per se, just not ideal in the strength dimension. It could be, however, in all fairness that I am looking so hard to keep as diligent a record as possible, I am the deterrent. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

90 minutes: Overall Chest workout rating: 5-6 out of 10. This is not to worry in regards to the supplement, I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal. I guess I am saying that overall it was an average workout…took me a little longer to get through. I have already taken my post-workout beverage (self-concoction as described in pre-log sign up). Very high effect – I question an endorphin–significance…I have no idea, but it is certainly something different than I have ever felt (and I have taken only 1 pill – tomorrow with 2 pills, Lord help me – again…no jitters or headaches or anything).

120 minutes: Still a rather “soft drunk/crisp buzz” effect. I have a great attitude today – Mezzogal can testify as she has spoken with me first-hand.

150 minutes: Effects have effectively waned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure
    * measured via automated cuff; last calibrated on Dec 10, 2006

Baseline: 110-120/60-80
    Before Supplement (this AM): 116/68
    After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 118/66
    After Supplement (30 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 116/70
    After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 126/82
    After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 118/68

(2) Labs will be on a day off from the gym later in trial // rationale: evaluation for side effect potential (stay tuned).

(3) Electromyography (EMG) to assess muscle contractile effects later in trial (stay tuned).

------------------------------------------

Today’s Workout Notes:

Chest Notes: While I cannot unfortunately list direct sets/reps info (due to the training modality’s inclusion in a forthcoming book), I can offer up bigger lifts and any effect seen as well as some elctromyographic (EMG) reports throughout.

Major Lifts ONLY

Flat Chest Press: Max Lift w/ reps today: 315 pounds x 7 reps (since shoulder injury in April, this has been my max however – prior to that time, I had gone up to 450 x 3 clean reps as a max lift) – there was NO +/- in weight today vs. last workout. Unfortunately, my shoulder is a limiting factor here – one that I am much aware of … As I attempt certain lifts (like pressing moves, incline + flat only), I cannot progress past a certain point. The pain becomes unbearable at that time and I am already lifting through it past about 250 pounds.

Incline Dumbbell Chest Press: Max Lift w/ reps today: 110 pounds x 12 reps. Please Note that I again was limited by pain on this movement.

*** Potential effects seen from the supplement: as I suggested above, I tagged about 15 minutes time on the total workout. Already subtracting for writing things down + taking blood pressure measurements, I dragged a bit between sets due to what I attribute the “calming” effect.***

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book (it is likely good to see I am in effect practicing what I preach though – Mezzogal can once again chime in to concur here). However, some important things will be monitored due to the types of sides suggested as usual potential for various supps – namely appetite remained in tact with one pill. Tomorrow, I am ramping up to 2 – so we will see if this offers a decreased appetite.

Caloric Intake remained the same as baseline: 3200 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was low-carb…I don’t tend to get carb cravings as I am VERY self-disciplined; however, could have attributed general full feeling all day to some aid from supplement…usually I can see an episode of ravaging hunger sneak in for at least a meal or two … nothing today (with 2 meals to go as of this writing).

Yellow nEuphoria's Influence on My writing articles

Dinoiii's Note: Now to attempt to show you how wild the Yellow nEuphoria experience, I have begun to write a daily column for bb.com called the "Daily Drive" in my daily blog - this is what happened today POST-Yellow nEuphoria ingestion. See, I was trippin'

Oh ... and for anyone on-looking THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BY ME if it is NOT CLEAR...blame the Yellow nEuphoria, at best!!!

------------------------------------------------------

Dec 11, 2006 - Are too many nootropics re-creating childhood thoughts?

Author’s Note: I read somewhere recently that if things don’t cause a stir and get everyone talking; they are simply better left off the paper – or in this case, the computer screen. This edition of the daily drive teeters on the brink of a topic that may or may not arouse controversy. Nonetheless, I believe sometimes certain things just have to be said…and with that…

Introduction

So, it’s Monday and I have begun a new supplement (in fact, I even have opted to log it for the company in question - however, more will be written on this later). But I digress for a moment…this is likely the 300th nootropic/adaptogenic formula I have ingested and a rush of thoughts from my childhood have come swimming back into view.

See, as a child, I wouldn't have considered my thoughts "normal" - but there was no reason for me to have considered them "abnormal" either at that time ... hell, I was still forming opinions on everything. Hehe - some would still say I have many the opinon - but at least now, I have plenty of rationale for my thoughts.

Bert & Ernie

At the tender age of 5 years old, I questioned my parents about the potential sexual orientation of these two famous puppets on everyone's childhood favorite television show. I didn't really know why I asked, and you can likely imagine the horrified expression on my parents' faces in trying to come up with an explanation. They had just recently introduced me to a "Stranger Danger" skit in my kindergarten class that included a campaign about "some touch hurts." What the hell? This contorted piece of work went on to suggest that touching, namely from the same sex was commonplace; however could/should be considered "wrong."

I never did get a straight answer out of my parents at the time. However, my theory as to why it was ok for Bert & Ernie to be engaging in certain touching behaviors while disrobed amongst other things settled on the likelihood of it having to do with the fact that they were simply "happy." I mean everyone on that particular street always seemed happy. The coolest thing in the life of a five-year old was to learn that the term gay had dual meaning after all.

Today - after popping my new nootropic agent, I was sent revisiting such views...but my rationale to offer surrounding their potential sexual preference has long-since evolved. Bert and Ernie are puppets and puppets must have faulty connections with their amygdalas. See $200,000 medical school debt has supported the fact that puppets make potentially good homosexuals because they have small sexually dimorphic nuclei. You can imagine my excitement in finally putting the theory together 25 years later.

My Theory's Rationale

See, I am a fan of people being able to say anything they want as long as they have good rationale to support such views. Allow me to share my revolutionizing theory - and I have my current nootropic support to thank for closing a question I had asked so many moons earlier.

Many of the differences between the sexes are controlled by the sexually dimorphic (SD) nucleus, in the front part of the hypothalamus. Normally this area grows much larger in males than in females - this happens in response to secretion of testosterone in the womb stimulated by the male fetus during the fourth month of pregnancy (I told you medical school had some influence as well, the nootropics just brought it to the forefront).

The neurons in this nucleus are activated during sexual arousal and intercourse. In male animals electrical stimulation of it promotes copulation, while damage to it reduces libido and performance. The SD nucleus therefore has been postulated to be important for guiding male sexual behavior. However, we know that it doesn't control sex hormones directly, because injuries to it do not prevent the hypothalamus from producing gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) that in turn controls the production of sex hormones by the pituitary gland. Nor do they inhibit the testes from producing testosterone.

In male homosexuals the SD nucleus tends to be smaller than normal, although they have normal levels of testosterone. Since many homosexuals have female-like organization of the interconnections between the left and right speech areas of the brain, this suggests that the SD nucleus is responsible for some of the normal differences between male and female brains.

So, How's the Amygdala fit?

Lying deep within the front part of the temporal lobe is the tiny almond-shaped nucleus called the amygdala, which forms one of the main links between the hypothalamus and the rest of the brain. An animal with lesions of the amygdala becomes placid and tame and loses interest in sex. It seems that the amygdala's function is to associate senses, events, or actions with their capacity to satisfy basic drives such as food, drink, sex, or self-preservation (something collectively known as the limbic system).

Part of the amygdala has a high density of testosterone receptors; it also has reciprocal connections with the SD nucleus. Any stimulation of this region in a male causes sexual arousal (as a guy, I can verify this is rather easy by the way). Continued stimulation eventually leads to hypersexuality, so the animal will mount anything (even inanimate objects -hence the evolution of fetishes, etc...). Because the amygdala helps the animal to memorize useful behavior - it connects the prefrontal part of something called the neocortex. This area is subsequently responsible for which actions to perform, both for immediate gratification and with a view to their likely long-term benefits.

So I guess I am saying that 99.9% of heterosexual males have continually-stimulated amygdalas. However, the smaller SD nucleus leads to inadequate/faulty connections with the amygdala in homosexual males.

Conclusion

The continued search for liberation of the homosexual community in America now likely too has its support. The majority of the gay community often try to offer that there is "biologic rationale" to support their being homosexual with the obvious - "its not our fault" retort. Unfortunately this oftentimes falls on the deaf ears of their heterosexual counterparts. And to think - all they had to do was offer up the slew of reports from the 1990s in America and Holland that show the differences in the size of the hypothalamus between homosexuals and heterosexuals.

But more importantly, this "Daily Drive" offers up the unsuspecting parent asked by their five-year old child what the sexual orientation of various signature puppets is. Just tell them, it’s the faulty connections to Bert and Ernie's amygdalas. Follow quickly though with - you'll understand better when you’re older to avoid further questioning. At an appropriate age, simply hand them a copy of this work.

Until tomorrow...
    D_

Comment

Introduction

So - there it is tank as promised. I will have the second part up on DA later today and transfer it over here later.

For those that don't know me, you can catch many of my articles in the "Open Articles" section of the Discount Anabolics forum. http://www.discountanabolics.com/forum/index.php

Also, you can catch many daily articles and soon contests and various updates about outside happenings available at my BodyBlog over at bb.com:
      http://blog.bodybuilding.com/dinoiii

Check em out and tell me what you think. Any/All feedback is well-appreciated.

Take care guys
      D_

Comment

Originally posted by dinoiii
        Our Journey for this (B)log

Week 1: Assess Tolerance
        Week 2: Placebo-Control (you’ll see what I mean)
        Week 3: Rigorous Lab testing (blood work for side effect potential, EMG studies)
        Week 4: Dinoiii’s bringing sexy back (again, you’ll see what I mean)

Day 1 (Dec 11, 2006): 1 capsule (nEuphoria complex – ~267mg, aDapt complex - 350mg, cRush complex 100mg)

Dose Used: * Per product instructions; dinoiii will “taper” up dosage…therefore, I opted to divide all components by 3 and simply use 1 cap today…I will up this tomorrow to 2.

Supplement Effects:

Subjective – The subjective components' effects have been extracted from the Controlled Labs Yellow Neuphoria FAQ page. All parameters being “claimed” will be assessed on subjective rating scale.

(2) Alertness: ** ½
        (3) Decreased Stress Effects: *** (and I am always stressed!)
        (4) Decreased Fatigue: * ½ (kinda made me relaxed!)
        (5) Mental Focus: **** (I was very in-tune; serious mind-brain effects)
        (6) Mood: ***** (highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom!)
        (8) Endurance & Stamina: * ½

* Insignificant Effect
        *** Average Effect

* Dinoiii’s Note: I will write down my experience with the product at the half-hour marks (highlighted) and will write down a very subjective interpretation of effects highlighted. These are direct notes I have jotted down signifying my personal experience in my own log.

Times = POST-INGESTION:

*** 18.45 minutes: Quoted "Onset" time for effects seen. Very “strange” feeling, but I thus far cannot rule out the potential to exist for placebo. It is NOT a jittery strange, but a “loopy” experience – no better way to describe it than a “soft drunk” – like a minor buzz effect.

I will have to control for negative placebo potential as well next week. But for now, it actually appears to be an early effect. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

30 minutes: Continued drunk-like effect…phew not ideal to throw up bench presses, but I will make significant attempt – considering safety notes, will likely head to the rack and apply safety’s inches above chest’s height. Getting ready to begin workout.

60 minutes: Very hard to stay focused on the workout – its not a bad thing per se, just not ideal in the strength dimension. It could be, however, in all fairness that I am looking so hard to keep as diligent a record as possible, I am the deterrent. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

90 minutes: Overall Chest workout rating: 5-6 out of 10. This is not to worry in regards to the supplement, I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal. I guess I am saying that overall it was an average workout…took me a little longer to get through. I have already taken my post-workout beverage (self-concoction as described in pre-log sign up). Very high effect – I question an endorphin–significance…I have no idea, but it is certainly something different than I have ever felt (and I have taken only 1 pill – tomorrow with 2 pills, Lord help me – again…no jitters or headaches or anything).

120 minutes: Still a rather “soft drunk/crisp buzz” effect. I have a great attitude today – Mezzogal can testify as she has spoken with me first-hand.

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure

Before Supplement (this AM): 116/68
        After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 118/66
        After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 126/82
        After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 118/68
        Nice !

Comment

very thorough and excellent log so far, keep it up
          REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
          Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
          Purple Psyko
          Gold Feast
          Blue Gene
          Blue Growth
          REDuction AM/PM Shots
          REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
          Orange TRIad
          White Flood (5 Flavors)
          Black Hole
          Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
          Green Bulge
          White Blood 2
          Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
          Blue Up
          Blue Up (Stim-Free)
          GlycerGrow (Elements line)
          CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
          Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

awesome log dude!
            A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Looks awsome! Except i think you burnt a hole in my corneas with those colors!!

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                Nice !
                Thanks. Seeing you on both forums this goes up at...so I know you're watching.

D_

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
                  very thorough and excellent log so far, keep it up

Hey there tank...

this is only the start as I remind you...next week randomizations - hehe

D_

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
                    awesome log dude!
                    Stop - you're making me blush!

Ok, you don't really have to stop...

D_

Comment

Originally posted by seanhs
                      Looks awsome! Except i think you burnt a hole in my corneas with those colors!!
                      Yeah, for all interested - it looks better on the Discount Anabolics forum simply due to its black backdrop...I will keep this in mind over here for future logs. I can't very well keep up two different logs right now without a sacrifice in detail. So I cut n paste. I am a doctor though...so you know anyone who needs their eye exams in the aftermath, let me know!!! We got what I see as a minimum of 4 weeks together.

D_

Comment

Day 2

Day 2 (Dec 12, 2006): 2 capsules (nEuphoria complex – ~534mg, aDapt complex - 700mg, cRush complex 200mg)

Dose Used: * Per product instructions; dinoiii will “taper” up dosage… today’s dose increased from 1 cap yesterday to 2 today

Supplement Effects:

Subjective – Reminder: The subjective components have been extracted from the Controlled Labs Yellow Neuphoria FAQ page. All parameters being “claimed” will be assessed on subjective rating scale.

(2) Alertness: **
                        (3) Decreased Stress Effects: **
                        (4) Decreased Fatigue: ** (Still a relaxed effect present, no more profound, however!)
                        (5) Mental Focus: *** ½ (Slight drop off from yesterday, overall still worth it IMO! Slightly significant.)
                        (6) Mood: ***** (highest score on a dinoiii-scale, overall phenom! Still cannot say enough here.)
                        (8) Endurance & Stamina: *

* Insignificant Effect
                        *** Average Effect

* Dinoiii’s Reiteration: I will write down my experience with the product at the half-hour marks (highlighted) and will write down a very subjective interpretation of effects highlighted. These are direct notes I have jotted down signifying my personal experience in my own log.

Times = POST-INGESTION:

*** 16.30 minutes: Seems like this will be the time I cite as onset today. Again, NOT a jittery feeling and the buzz would be considered less “loopy” of an experience – crisper than the day prior.

Early questions: Is this an upgrade in onset secondary to ramping up dose or is this subjective placebo timing? Is this a more acclimated response or my making the response fit the dose? [NEED MORE STUDY!]

30 minutes: Continued effect present…Today was back (will express below how my lifts go). Getting ready to begin workout.

60 minutes: Focus was a bit easier…perhaps, this was secondary to my trying to just let the supplement play out and/or this could be the rationale that I didn’t “feel” it as vivid as a day prior. Again, I could also be the deterrent. [NEED MORE STUDY!]

90 minutes: Overall Back workout rating: 6-7 out of 10. This is not to worry in regards to the supplement, I always rate my workouts low…when I say I had a 7-8…you know it was the real deal. I guess I am saying that overall it was an average workout…took me a little longer to get through. I have already taken my post-workout beverage (self-concoction as described in pre-log sign up).

120 minutes: Effects have effectively waned. Mood positive.

Objective –

(1) Blood Pressure

Before Supplement (this AM): 112/64
                        After Supplement (15 minutes post-ingestion; pre-workout): 116/68
                        After Supplement (90 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 124/80
                        After Supplement (120 minutes post-ingestion; post-workout): 118/74

(2) Labs will be on a day off from the gym later in trial // rationale: evaluation for side effect potential (stay tuned).

(3) Electromyography (EMG) to assess muscle contractile effects later in trial (stay tuned).

------------------------------------------

Today’s Workout Notes:

Back Notes: While I cannot unfortunately list direct sets/reps info (due to the training modality’s inclusion in a forthcoming book), I can offer up bigger lifts and any effect seen as well as some elctromyographic (EMG) reports throughout.

Major Lifts ONLY

Deadlift: Max Lift w/ reps today: 540 pounds x 8 reps – was not maxing this weight today. This was a respectable lift and looking back upon former logs, this goes down as roughly [b]+ 2 extra reps than normal with equal weight. Supplement Effect? Shoulder is not a limiting factor in this lift.

Bent-Over Barbell Row: Max Lift w/ reps today: 275 pounds x 10 reps. Please Note that I again had no limitations to movement, no +/- compared with prior lifts of same poundage/rep tally.

Weighted Pull-Ups: Max Lift w/ reps today: 90 lbs added weight to chained weight belt x 6 reps, THIS IS NEW PERSONAL BEST! (former best: 70 lbs. added x 5 reps, therefore, placebo or not – any affect attributed to the supplement is phenomenal!!! [Next week will control still for placebo effect, positive + negative].

*** Potential effects seen from the supplement: as I suggested above, Workout was a little longer – but likely solely due to record-keeping and blood pressures today. Energy between sets was much better than that seen yesterday. Tough to tell what was suggestive of shoulder injury yesterday, however.***

Today’s Diet Notes:

Again, same issue with the diet notes, I cannot fully disclose meal for meal what I am trying out due to a future book. However, some important things will be monitored due to the types of sides suggested as usual potential for various supps – namely appetite remained in tact with two pills. Tomorrow, I am NOT taking the supplement and will follow with two pills on Thursday and 3 pills on Friday and Saturday (if remains tolerable) so we will see if this offers any changes to appetite.

Caloric Intake remained the same as baseline: 3450 calories divided over 8 meals

Macronutrient Notes: I cycle macros, today was again low-carb…as noted yesterday, I don’t tend to get carb cravings as I am VERY self-disciplined; however, could have attributed general full feeling all day to some aid from supplement…usually I can see an episode of ravaging hunger sneak in for at least a meal or two … nothing today (with 1 meal to go as of this writing).

PREVIEW for Tomorrow:

(1) Sceduled Off Day from gym, Off from Supplement (Again, recall that this is "the occasional use supplement" and there are a lot of things to check with this; we will come back in on Thursday with 2 and Friday and Saturday with 3 if tolerable). We will see how going off the supplement makes you feel...recall my mood has been GREAT the first two days - does time off the supplement stick you back at baseline? You will have to tune in to see what happens with me tomorrow.

(2) Dinoiii's First Independent Supplement Review. You will have to tune in to see what I am getting at here tomorrow.

Comment

Dinoiii's writing affected by Yellow nEuphoria Part II - bb.com Daily Drive

Dec 11, 2006: Science vs. "The Real World"

Author’s Note: I am continually plagued by thoughts of people differing between science and the real world. What a chicken and egg argument. Science meerly dictates the real world and the real world feeds back into science. One without th other is purely pointless, but the two need not be thought of as mutually exclusive.

Today, another person rose to the challenge of trying to convince me otherwise. I tend not to listen too much to this moot point argument. I simply shrugged and smiled and went on my way as I have learned to do. In the simple time it took me to smile and shrug, I asked myself the three most important questions and got obvious answers.

The Secret to Evaluating People Standing on Dfferent Sdes of this Argument - Ask the following questions:

(1) Is s/he empirical?

That’s a bullshit question. We’re all empirical or else we live in caves, and even a float tank gives data. Why not ask if s/he’s alive?

(2) Is s/he objective?

To be objective is to be pious about one’s honesty and callous of the consequences. It’s an overrated commodity, like breasts in boys – pretty but pointless.

(3) Is s/he theory driven?

To be “theory driven” is to have big notions that can be reduced to little studies, or do little studies that can be blown up to look like big notions, or have a place to hide from a need to be practical, or presume to bullshit like a God, not a mere human.

The bottom line remains:
                          We have to be careful about our standards. The world is watching.

Until tomorrow…

D_

Comment

Originally posted by dinoiii

Deadlift: Max Lift w/ reps today: 540 pounds x 8 reps

A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Holy freaky strength for reps batman

::::knocks head into wall....for reps::::

Comment

Working...
                              X