• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM/PW/GG/BU midpoint review

I started this stack at the end of October, my stats were:

Height: 6'1
    Weight: 190ish
    BF: 18-20% (from those electronic scales)

Bench Press: 195
    Squat: 115 (I know very low!!! knee problems though..)
    Deadlift: 155

My goals where/are:
    Bench: 225
    Squat: 175
    Deadlift: 200

As of a few days ago I am at:

Weight: 190... this is fine with me (actually kinda happy) cause it means (i think) that i have been getting some great lean gains.
    Bench: 210
    Squat: 160 (pretty happy about this!) although, i think a lot of these gains were because I had only started doing squats at the beginning of October, so its some "newbie" gains
    Deadlift: 175

Just under 4 weeks to go... I think I can made my Deadlifts for sure, but I'm gunna have to bust my ass to get the Squats and Bench Press in by then!

Overall I am really happy with my results (in general) and from the supps... not entirly sure how much BU is doing, but I am fairly young (just 24) so I dont know how much i really needed it.

When the newyear comes, its time for my next goal... a six pack (got melting point and RA2 for that)... never had one, but its going to happen this time!!

Originally posted by seanhs
    I started this stack at the end of October, my stats were:

Height: 6'1
    Weight: 190ish
    BF: 18-20% (from those electronic scales)

Bench Press: 195
    Squat: 115 (I know very low!!! knee problems though..)
    Deadlift: 155

My goals where/are:
    Bench: 225
    Squat: 175
    Deadlift: 200

As of a few days ago I am at:

Weight: 190... this is fine with me (actually kinda happy) cause it means (i think) that i have been getting some great lean gains.
    Bench: 210
    Squat: 160 (pretty happy about this!) although, i think a lot of these gains were because I had only started doing squats at the beginning of October, so its some "newbie" gains
    Deadlift: 175

Just under 4 weeks to go... I think I can made my Deadlifts for sure, but I'm gunna have to bust my ass to get the Squats and Bench Press in by then!

Overall I am really happy with my results (in general) and from the supps... not entirly sure how much BU is doing, but I am fairly young (just 24) so I dont know how much i really needed it.

When the newyear comes, its time for my next goal... a six pack (got melting point and RA2 for that)... never had one, but its going to happen this time!!
    Try adding some rack pulls.. it may help bring up that deadlift IMO. Nice progress so far !

Comment

Great progress.

1.) Work on squat & deadlift - those numbers *should* be higher than your bench! They'll also help to get your bodyweight and overall strength up.

2.) Don't sweat the weight gain - it's slow but the scale doesn't mean your progressing. You could be losing fat and gaining muscle.

And people usually grow in cycles. I'll eat my ass off and not gain an ounce, but a month will go by and I'll put on 5lbs out of nowhere!

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
        Great progress.

1.) Work on squat & deadlift - those numbers *should* be higher than your bench! They'll also help to get your bodyweight and overall strength up.

2.) Don't sweat the weight gain - it's slow but the scale doesn't mean your progressing. You could be losing fat and gaining muscle.

And people usually grow in cycles. I'll eat my ass off and not gain an ounce, but a month will go by and I'll put on 5lbs out of nowhere!
        yup i know i have to get those higher... I guess before i "saw the light" i was one of those people who had a very unbalanced workout routine! Have to play catch up now!! Not tooo worried about the weight gain, my log term goal is actually to be 190 with like 1-12% bf.... so thats not a huge issue. My squats having been going up 5pound/week about, so They are progressing nicely (same with the deads)... Thanks for the advice guys.

Comment

I guess before i "saw the light" i was one of those people who had a very unbalanced workout routine! Have to play catch up now!!
          lol, me too bro!

Comment

Well did 215 on bench yesterday, 10 more pounds by the end of the month? I think so! doing 2 plates/side was unimaginable for me a while ago, i was content with just one ...

I am starting to plan out my Cutting routine which I will start come the New Year and was looking for some advice....

Nutrition: I am the kind of person who doesn't really track their macros all that closely, but when i do eat, before I make my meals, I try to get them in the 40p/30c/30f range... Perhaps a little higher with the protein.

Approx Daily Routine:
            BreakFast: 1 casien blend scoop, multi, RA2 x 2, Melting Point x 2, Seasaglow x 1 along with ceral or oatmeal

Mid Morning: Protein Bar

Lunch: MP x 2, SG x 1, Multi x 1, Sandwhich + 1 piece of fruit

Mid Afternoon: Protein Bar + Banana

Pre-Workout: 2 RA2, 1scoop GM, 1 scoop PW (going to lay off of GG for a bit)

WOrkout: 1/2 scoop PW, 2-3scoops Xtend

Postworkout: 2scoops WPI

Dinner Meal: Usually Steak or Chicken + veggies etc.

PreBed: 1 scoop casien + multi

During the day: sipping xtend all day 2 or 3 scoops

Workout:

day 1: Bench/Squat/Rows (5x5 routine)
            daay 2: 30mins cardio/ Core
            Day 3: 60 mins cardio
            Day 4: Military Press/Squat/Deadlift (5x5)
            Day 5: 30mins cardio/Core

I'll have 2 days off per week, depending on whats going on the days will vary... I might also try to add in 1 more day, but we'll see how that goes...

Yellow nEuphoria, will be used only on my 60min cardio days, as I want to save it for when i really "need" it....

Comments/Suggestions??? Thanks.

Comment

Looks pretty good.
              I'd throw in some carbs post workout so your body doesn't use the pwo protein for energy --- unless you eat dinner soon after

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                Looks pretty good.
                I'd throw in some carbs post workout so your body doesn't use the pwo protein for energy --- unless you eat dinner soon after
                I'd say i usually have dinner 45-60mins after... would a scoop of gatorade do the trick?

Comment

45-60mins is fine for just protein right after

Comment

Well, i ended up finish this stack about 1 week after the new year... and my final stats were:

Weight: 194
                    Bench press: 225 x 3 !!!!!
                    Squat: 180 x 3
                    Deadlift: 185 x 5

I am really happy with were i ended up as I hit my goal for bench, exceeded my goal for squat, although I missed my goal for deadlifts, but I am steadily progressing on those, so it shouldn't be too much longer before I hit them.

I find it pretty hard to evaluate these all as I took them more or less at the same time but here is my break down

GM - 9/10.. its creatine does what its supposed to do! Didn't notice much bloat, and seemed to get a bit of an energy boost when taking (could be in the head)

PW: 8.5/10... product worked very well recovery was awsome! Only reason it didn't get higher was the taste... That was the old batch, however for the last week of the log i had the new batch. To tell you the truth i don't really find the new taste any better, just different. oh well, its the results that count!

GG 8/10: Seemed to give me some good pumps at the gym, I think my water intake could have been higher, which woulda helped more....

BU: 5/10: I never really noticed much from this (stim free version). I am not sure i really needed it to begin with, as I am 24, so I think my test should be ok. Given that most people really love this product I figure that could be the case...

Now on to my cut and to test out MeltingPoint/RA2/seasglow/YN

Comment

Well, i ended up finish this stack about 1 week after the new year... and my final stats were:

Weight: 194
                      Bench press: 225 x 3 !!!!!
                      Squat: 180 x 3
                      Deadlift: 185 x 5

I am really happy with were i ended up as I hit my goal for bench, exceeded my goal for squat, although I missed my goal for deadlifts, but I am steadily progressing on those, so it shouldn't be too much longer before I hit them.

I find it pretty hard to evaluate these all as I took them more or less at the same time but here is my break down

GM - 9/10.. its creatine does what its supposed to do! Didn't notice much bloat, and seemed to get a bit of an energy boost when taking (could be in the head)

PW: 8.5/10... product worked very well recovery was awsome! Only reason it didn't get higher was the taste... That was the old batch, however for the last week of the log i had the new batch. To tell you the truth i don't really find the new taste any better, just different. oh well, its the results that count!

GG 8/10: Seemed to give me some good pumps at the gym, I think my water intake could have been higher, which woulda helped more....

BU: 5/10: I never really noticed much from this (stim free version). I am not sure i really needed it to begin with, as I am 24, so I think my test should be ok. Given that most people really love this product I figure that could be the case...

Now on to my cut and to test out MeltingPoint/RA2/seasglow/YN
                      Awesome progress

Comment

Working...
                      X