Calming the Beast!: A Yellow nEuphoria log..This film not yet rated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calming the Beast!: A Yellow nEuphoria log..This film not yet rated

The product came today and I plan on getting things rolling immediately. So without further ado, the gameplan.

Intro / About me:

Some do it for the mirror, others for the girls, and even some for the health. I do it for love of the game, its the challenge. With nothing else do I feel I can constantly push myself to new levels, elevating myself and ultimately becoming a better person. It is this desire to be challenged that keeps bringing me back into the gym day after day.

Sex: Male
    Height: 5"9
    Weight: 185
    Bodytype: Meso

I'm a college student, a junior (Information Science major) at the University of Pittsburgh. As a result, finals are next week and my life at the moment is mainly composed of studying, test taking, and not enough sleep. Basically its a depressing, high stressful time.

Training protocols:
    Focus on push/pull tactics
    6 days a week
    Monday/Thursday - Chest/shoulders/tris
    Tuesday/Friday - Bi's/Back
    Wednesday/Saturday - Legs/abs

Diet: Eating every 2 hours.
    Different changes daily depending on circumstances but typically a breakfast of oats w/ PB, applesauce, and whey isolate and 3 poached eggs.

For lunch at 12 I'll eat a chicken breast and some veggies. Veggies include peas, corn, beans, but mainly lots of broccoli. also a piece of fruit - orange/banana/apple.

at 2 I'll have a can of tuna and a piece of fruit

Usually somewhere around 4 Its PWO time where I'll have a shake, usually just 2 scoops of protein, and a spoon full of PB. Also another banana.

For dinner I'll have a chicken breast or sometimes salmon, along with veggies. Every once in awhile I'll also throw in some form of carb.

Then at night I'll typically throw something else in, maybe another can of tuna or a shake. A lot of it depends on how I'm feeling, but I just go with it.

Supplement History: I've tried lots of creatines out there and have responded fairly well to them. I've done a 12 week run through ALRI's Jungle Warfare during a bulk and liked what I saw there as well.

I've tried Controlled Labs' Green Bulge, Blue up(with stim), White Blood, Glycergrow, Purple Wraath, and Green Mag.

I've also tried various fat burners before such as ephedra (before anyone knew it was bad for you), and lipo-6. After trying such things I came to the decision that I wasn't personally a big fan. So many are based around caffeine as a key ingredient and I try to keep away from the stuff. It works for me but I do experience a crash when using it.

For the sake of this log I will be utilizing CL's Yellow nEuphoria when I deem it necessary, and then Glycergrow (3 scoops), Purple wraath, and Green Mag. I also take Megamen vitamins (without the iron).

Also noteworthy is that I just completed a bulk, from 162ish to 185. I've got spring break in Cancun coming up in march and so now I'm working on slowly cutting back down in time to hit the beaches. My goal is to keep as much muscle as possible while still slimming back down to 3-4% bodyfat.

Here is a pretty recent pic of me all painted up for the Pitt-MSU game. I am the P.
    http://photos-163.ak.facebook.com/ip...62163_2820.jpg

Not the clearest pic but it gives you a decent idea of a start...So lets get this thing started and put Neuphoria to the test.

My lifting partner called me and told me he wouldn't be able to lift until 7 tonight, which is later than usual, but not a problem. Also I feel since this product is supposed to produce much in the way of a mental affect, I will try to post my thoughts/major things that happen as well as how my actual workout goes.

That being said right now I'm probably the angriest person in the world as I was in a campus computing lab for 3 hours, and JUST as I finished my paper my computer randomly decided to reboot. Campus computing labs immediately delete all information so....paper = gone and now I have to rewrite the thing. Needless to say, this is not something I need right now so I figure I'll take some Neuphoria today and really put it to the test. This entire intro was written under that state so I apologize if its sloppy. Just a lot of anger flowing through me at the moment.

I'll post back later after my lift.

Comment

subscribed
      All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things. - Bobby Knight
      Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Comment

Great intro... subscribed for updates !!

Comment

subscribed

i got my bottle yesterday. i still have a half a jug of shock therapy left so im going to finish that before i crack this bottle open. im a little hesitant about supplementing both together.

i didn't realize CL was in Englewood. That's like a 25 minute ride from my house (depending on traffic)
          blood.faith.loyalty.

Comment

Day 1 - Chest/shoulders/tri's - Usage of neuphoria? YES - 1 pill!

Official starting weigh-in = 186.5 lbs

This whole week has been slowly killing me. I've gotten little sleep and have just been pounding the books hard in the library. Its starting to catch up to me, but at least I know after the end of next week I'll get a nice break from tests for awhile. That being said I still managed to have a test this morning, and I wrote the same 8 page paper..twice. Like I said in the previous post, I don't usually lift so late but tonight was an exception, so heres how things looked.

Flat BB bench:
            1 @ 135 x 10 + 1 @ 185 x 5 as warmup
            1 @ 220 x 6
            2 @ 235 x 5
            1 @ 245 x 4

Incline BB bench: (these are done slowly with a 2 second pause at the bottom)
            1 @ 135 x 10
            1 @ 155 x 8
            1 @ 185 x 5

Flat DB Fly:
            3 @ 50's x 10

Weighted dips - 1 @ 45 x 10
            1 @ 90 x 10
            1 @ 115 x 2

Tricep pushdown (machine): 10 x 8
            10 x 9
            6 x 10

Skullcrushers: 2 @ 70 x 10
            1 @ 80 x 6

Shoulder Shrugs 1 @ 135 x 10
            1 @ 205 x 10
            2 @ 265 x 5

DB Front shoulder raises 3 @ 25's x 10

Machine military press 1 @ 140 x 10
            1 @ 180 x 6
            1 @ 200 x 4

General Thoughts: I've had better lifts but all things considered and the way today has been going at least I didn't break any bones. Regardless, I'm in a good mood and I've lost the desire to shoot everyone in the face after the whole paper incident. My first and most important finals will be monday and tuesday, so I'm just taking a break for a bit tonight and I will continue the studyfest and rest up all weekend. I'm still feeling extremely energetic now an hour after my workout but its too early at this point to say its directly caused by yellow neuphoria. More testing to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro973
              Day 1 - Chest/shoulders/tri's - Usage of neuphoria? YES - 1 pill!
              Well done, and respect for actually following the label !!

Comment

Originally posted by blood vs. water
                i got my bottle yesterday

Bleh, that means mine will show up tomorrow!
                A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

still without mine

Nice thread you lucky duck!

Im pretty relieved as well to be done with finals week- college blows.
                  "Usually when people think they are holding a lot of water, they are just holding a lot of fat." -Mr. Aries

Yellow Neuphoria! (Complete)
                  http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post13021541
                  -or-
                  http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...ead.php?t=1780

Comment

Yay its friday! I got an amazing sleep last night and woke up feeling completely refreshed and ready to go. No finals today and nothing to really worry about except relaxation and studying until Monday.

With that being said, I decided to once again take Neuphoria today to test around with it some more. I upped the dosage to 2 pills today, read on to find out my experience with That!

Friday means arms/back, so here is how things went down today.

Preacher Curls:
                    warmup: 1 @ 65 x 10
                    1 @ 85 x 10
                    1 @ 105 x 8
                    1 @ 115 x 2

Hammer curls: 1 @ 32.5's x 10
                    2 @ 40's x 10, wanted to go up but the closest DB not in use was a 60 and I wasn't feeling up to that today.

Wide Lat pulldowns - machine (weight on left, reps on right))
                    11 x 10
                    12 x 10
                    14 x 6

Close grip pulldowns - 12 x 10
                    14 x 10
                    17 x 5

Machine rows - 11 x 10
                    13 x 10
                    17 x 4

Stiffleg Deadlifts - 1 @ 125 x 10
                    1 @ 195 x 10
                    1 @ 245 x 6

Usually do Cable pulldowns at this point but we didn't want to wait so...

Weighted pullups
                    45 x 6, 45 x 5, 10 at weightless

so how was I feeling during? Great, this was not a bad lift for me at all. Before thanksgiving I was having some terrible pains in my forearms when doing arm days but that has completely subsided. I was very happy about my performance on preachers. I had a lot of energy in the gym.

Post-workout I got all bundled up and started walking back, and this is when I started to feel something out of the ordinary. First of all its extremely cold right now, but it really felt nice walking home. Like the fact that my hand was probably turning white didn't bother me so much. I suppose a good term to describe it would be mellow. Again, its too early for me to pinpoint these feelings on the neuphoria alone, but all in all it was a great day. I'm gonna skip taking it before leg/abs day tomorrow and try going up to the 3 cap mark on monday to see how that affects me.

Comment

Looks promising, When I come into some extra cash I'm going to have to pick up a bottle. BUt Being unemployed in college that may be a while...
                      "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro973
                        Yay its friday! I got an amazing sleep last night and woke up feeling completely refreshed and ready to go. No finals today and nothing to really worry about except relaxation and studying until Monday.

With that being said, I decided to once again take Neuphoria today to test around with it some more. I upped the dosage to 2 pills today, read on to find out my experience with That!

Friday means arms/back, so here is how things went down today.

Preacher Curls:
                        warmup: 1 @ 65 x 10
                        1 @ 85 x 10
                        1 @ 105 x 8
                        1 @ 115 x 2

Hammer curls: 1 @ 32.5's x 10
                        2 @ 40's x 10, wanted to go up but the closest DB not in use was a 60 and I wasn't feeling up to that today.

Wide Lat pulldowns - machine (weight on left, reps on right))
                        11 x 10
                        12 x 10
                        14 x 6

Close grip pulldowns - 12 x 10
                        14 x 10
                        17 x 5

Machine rows - 11 x 10
                        13 x 10
                        17 x 4

Stiffleg Deadlifts - 1 @ 125 x 10
                        1 @ 195 x 10
                        1 @ 245 x 6

Usually do Cable pulldowns at this point but we didn't want to wait so...

Weighted pullups
                        45 x 6, 45 x 5, 10 at weightless

so how was I feeling during? Great, this was not a bad lift for me at all. Before thanksgiving I was having some terrible pains in my forearms when doing arm days but that has completely subsided. I was very happy about my performance on preachers. I had a lot of energy in the gym.

Post-workout I got all bundled up and started walking back, and this is when I started to feel something out of the ordinary. First of all its extremely cold right now, but it really felt nice walking home. Like the fact that my hand was probably turning white didn't bother me so much. I suppose a good term to describe it would be mellow. Again, its too early for me to pinpoint these feelings on the neuphoria alone, but all in all it was a great day. I'm gonna skip taking it before leg/abs day tomorrow and try going up to the 3 cap mark on monday to see how that affects me.
                        Nice detail, and plan sounds solid

Comment

As stated, I did not use any neuphoria today - however it was legs/ab day

Squats: warmup: 135 x 10, 185 x 10
                          225 x 10
                          275 x 10
                          315 x 5

Leg Press: 380 x 10
                          470 x 10
                          560 x 10

Calf raises: 270 x 10
                          320 x 10
                          360 x 12

Machine leg curl: 10 x 7
                          8 x 8
                          5 x 9

Machine leg extension: 10 x 8
                          10 x 10
                          5 x 14

Nothing special to report, everything went well. Was alone today and got things done relatively quickly. Managed to study for a solid 9 hours. Focus was good once I got rolling, but I found it difficult to really get started.

Comment

Alright back into the swing of things. Yesterday was a nice day off, didn't take any N but got lots of studying in. Had a little cheat in my diet when I had dinner - me and 4 girls. Good stuff though, Risotto and taramisu.

Monday has arrived and it was chest/shoulders/tris day, I woke up and lifted early today - it was a pleasant change of pace.

Weighed in @ 185.5 - a pound down since my last weigh in. Took 3 caps of N prior to working out.

Flat BB Bench: warmup: 135 x 10, 185 x 5, 225 x 4
                            2 @ 240 x 3
                            2 @ 260 x 2
                            negative @ 285

Incline bench (again these incorporate a 2 second hold):
                            155 x 10
                            165 x 8
                            185 x 3

Incline DB flies: 3 @ 45's x 8

Weighted Dips: 45 x 10
                            90 x 5
                            90 x 4

Tricep pushdowns: 10 x 8
                            10 x 9
                            6 x 10

Kickbacks (done on cables) 3 x 10
                            2 @ 4 x 10

Shoulder Shrugs: 135 x 10, 185 x 10
                            225 x 10
                            275 x 3

BB front shoulder raises: 50 x 10
                            2 @ 50 x 6

Mil Press: 90 x 10
                            140 x 10
                            160 x 8

Post workout thoughts: Wow, that felt intense today for some reason. Could be the change in time or maybe we were just moving fast. I felt like it was a great lift but I destroyed myself....In a good way

After getting home and having my shake and shower I grabbed some notes to do some light studying. I don't like to do a lot of cramming right before a test as I feel like I get burned out and stressed. Regardless I looked over some problems and papers while on the couch and just found myself incredibly comfortable. Comparable to first waking up in the morning when no matter how you move around you feel as if its a great stretch. I'm very calm and not too nervous about this test even though its easily my most important.

Comment

Looks promising. Keep up the good log.

Comment

Working...
                              X