No announcement yet.

New to the Controlled Labs forums.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Controlled Labs forums.....

SO this is my first post to the forum. I just received green magnitude, purple wraath, white flood, and glycergrow yesterday. I'm looking to add some mass to my 6'3 frame. Currently I weigh 210 lbs. and I'm sitting somewhere between 12% to 14% bodyfat. I need some good advice on getting my upper body to 'catch up' so to speak, with my lower body. Here are my current measurements:

Waist= 33"
    Chest= 40"
    Arms = 13" <---------
    Thighs= 24"
    Calves= 16"

I am actually pleased with my chest development but my arms is practically non existent. I am a very active person and I play basketball which might be part of the issue. Any help with bringing up the ol' biceps will be much appreciated.

Hey, welcome!

What is your diet like?

Comment

Typically I have 3 to 4 main meals per day with 2 to 3 small meals in between.
      Usually its some combination of egg whites, oatmeal, chicken or tuna, lean turkey or beef, green vegetable, and nuts. I usually try to get about 20 to 25 grams of complex carbs every main meal. I have found that if I have more than this I get bloated and sometimes get indigestion. Also I do have a protein/carb drink before and after my workouts. I drink nothing but water ...sometimes the sugar free kool-aid type drinks you mix with water or green tea. I take in 20 grams of protein before and after my workouts...wait about an hour then eat another lean source of protein with some more complex carbs. I usually stick with 20/20 ratios because I do not have as many stomach issues that way. I take a casein protein mix at night with no carbs before bed. I usually get somewhere around 160 to 180 grams of protein and carbs per day. And I try to keep fats under 100 g per day and only from good sources like nuts and olive oil/coconut oil.

Comment

ok, so going by your post, your macros (at it's max) look like:
        Fats: 100g = 900cals
        Carbs:180g = 720cals
        Protein: 180g = 720cals
        = 2340cals

based on your activity level and height, that seems low to me. To add mass, i would definitely get AT LEAST 1.5 x your body weight in protein. I know you mentioned carbs causing indigestion, but 180 seems a little low for you also.

remember, you need to eat what you expend plus a little extra to add muscle. you said you are a very active person and play basketball. keep that in mind when you try to figure out your caloric need. Once you have that figured out, you'll start to see the change you want.

this is a good tool to get you started:
        http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

and notice with it, it list maintenance and weight loss calories. If you want to add muscle mass, start with adding 250-500 calories on top of maintenance.
        Last edited by Illilian; 09-14-2011, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Lets get you dialed in!
          sigpicDarren Conroy
          Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
          ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
          dconroy6@gmail.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
          http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135778441

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
          http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Comment

Working...
          X