Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro from the UK

Hi all just a quick intro,

I'm an old (33 year old) olympic weightlifter from Greater London, UK, and i train 4 evenings a week.

I previously had a stint of a few years in raw powerlifting, did a few comp's in the 72-77kg categories, but recently had the opportunity to receive some proper oly lifting coaching so i went with it. and TBH i'm enjoying oly lifting more than i ever enjoyed power lifting.

I'm interesting in improving power, focus, keeping body fat in check, longevity (inc. keeping my joints in good health), and optimizing my hormones. As a weightlifter, not a bodybuilder, I'm after ergogenic products and not that interested that much in 'pump' products.

I am a lightweight lifter (70kg) and i want to stay that way so i can compete in the 72kg category, so i'm not interested in bulking up.

I previously tried the Animal / Universal range of products and liked them, but they were too expensive for me (esp. the Animal line) and i felt like i was necking about 40 pills a day!

I was turned to the CL line for 3 reasons 1) I tried yellow nEuphoria a few years back and thought it was an awesome, unique product that had amazing focus and stress relief properties; 2) great value for money (moreso than Animal); 3) Consistent good reviews of 90% of the CL products.

My planned CL stack will be:

Every day:
    Orange Triad
    Orange OxiMega Greens
    OxiMega Fish Oils
    Borage Oil
    Blue Gene
    [Possibly White Blood]

Around training:
    50% Golden Gains with 50% a cheaper protein / carb shake
    Green Magnitude
    White flood
    Purple Wrath or Purple Psyko
    Higher Conciousness through Heavier Weights

That will be a nice stack. Weightlifters love the Purple Wraath.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Thanks.

Yeah i wasnt sure whether to go with the Purple Wrath or Purple Psyko, but i'm more swayed towards the Wrath because it boosts the Beta Alanine content of the whole peri-workout stack.

You wouldnt think beta-alanine would do anything for weightlifting, but when i played around with it in the past i found my recovery between sets of lifts almost halved so i cound get all of my work done so much quicker.

I would love to use Golden Gains with a full serving each time, but its just a bit out of my budget to do so. Any idea of a cheaper carb / protein shake that i can mix it with each session? I'm thinking it would be good to have a decent whey with high immunoglobin content, and some simple maltodextrin.

BTW, i've tried updating my profile with a pic and some more info about me, but every time i do it, the page just hangs indefinitely.
      Last edited by hailtotheking; 07-21-2011, 03:29 AM.
      Higher Conciousness through Heavier Weights

Comment

Originally posted by hailtotheking View Post
        I would love to use Golden Gains with a full serving each time, but its just a bit out of my budget to do so. Any idea of a cheaper carb / protein shake that i can mix it with each session?
        A cinnamon flavored protein and oats

Comment

Working...
        X