White flood vers 2.0 watermelon ~~review~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White flood vers 2.0 watermelon ~~review~~

TheMatzah is back to present you a review of the new Controlled Labs Watermelon White Flood. I was fortunate enough to receive a tub of this new and improved White Flood is amazing Watermelon flavor. It's truly an honor and Controlled Labs is one classy company that always does it big time. On to my thoughts...

PACKAGING: 10/10
    The packaging is simple yet very cool, their logo is just badazz; in my opinion it makes me think of a classy underground, hardcore gym. Just my thoughts, but I love the logo and clean label design, always have. All CL gear is fly too.

SERVING SIZE: 10/10
    There is a 50 serving tub, which I received and also a 100 serving tub which is insane! Talk about having enough White Flood to last a good amount of time..Booyah! Pure win

PRICING: 10/10
    I'm not sure about the pricing of the 50/100 serving tub but I'm sure it will still be decent as with the original White Flood. CL makes affordable and great supplements so no concern there.

TASTE: 8/10
    I first tried 2 scoops with 10oz of cold water and it was a bit tart/sour for my liking so I added a few more ounces of water, shook it some more and issue resolved. In my opinion 10oz of water or less if you prefer a tart, almost sour flavor and over 10oz if you prefer a more sweeter/refreshing flavor. In my opinion 12oz-14oz of water for 2 scoops is great, it's not like watermelon jolly rancher or bubblicious flavoring but it is a very nice flavor.
    My reasoning for a 8 score is because the sour/tartness surprised me a bit, I was expecting a lighter flavor in 10oz of water, but it's not a deal breaker.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9.2/10
    So this morning was my first cardio/ab session with the new watermelon White Flood and it was pure win, as I described above. I actually really enjoyed the flavor of the two together and had a great session at the gym this morning. It's rare as I hate cardio with a passion but I know it's beneficial and important to do.

So I took PC and CLReps advice..
    You were definitely right on point about this. I did some HIIT cardio and abs this morning and used 1.5 scoops of watermelon White Flood mixed with 1 scoop of Purple Wraath in about 18oz cold water. Excellence all over. It woke me up very quickly, I hate cardio in the first place and to get to the gym that early is a real drag sometimes when it's just cardio. That wasn't the case today. Started sipping on it on the way to the gym, and about 5 mins into my bike session. You know Wraath gives you that slight tingling sensation & White Flood gives it as well, in a different manner. love it. thanks PC and CLRep, appreciate the advice.

*My 2nd use and I really love this flavor!*

*I'll also add the new White Raspberry White Flood as a review. It's not opened yet, but a full, all out Controlled Labs Stack log is planned for July in which I'll be using both new White Flood Flavors, Blue Gene, Orange OxiMega, Orange Triad, Purple PsyKO, Green Mag and Golden Gains. There may be other supplements added, all depends on how the budget is at that time.*

TheMatzah..out.
    - A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
    - On the quest for increased knowledge.

~CL4Life~

I love itttt!

For some reason, it seems a lot stronger than the old version as far as the energy/rush factor goes. I've tried 2 scoops pre and the 1.5 pre/.5 intra combo and both seemed wayyyyy to strong of an energy rush for me. TBH, I havent taken a break from stims in forever (ive always had coffee or something when I dont take a pre), but 1 scoop is PLENTY for me, even first thing in the morning. Anything more of this new formula and I feel like ive just taken 4 scoops of jack3d.
    On track to bulk - http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...208#post144208

Comment

Originally posted by miccelol View Post
      I love itttt!

For some reason, it seems a lot stronger than the old version as far as the energy/rush factor goes. I've tried 2 scoops pre and the 1.5 pre/.5 intra combo and both seemed wayyyyy to strong of an energy rush for me. TBH, I havent taken a break from stims in forever (ive always had coffee or something when I dont take a pre), but 1 scoop is PLENTY for me, even first thing in the morning. Anything more of this new formula and I feel like ive just taken 4 scoops of jack3d.
      Wow really? Jack3d to me is so weak, it just tastes semi-decent. I haven't had it since that last flavor they released - fail.

I tried the WF White Raspberry the last few days, and I actually prefer it over watermelon, a bit lighter of a flavor, same great benefits. 2 scoops in 12-14oz water is perfect for me.

The review is over on the other site bb dot com.

I agree it is stronger than the first version, win win
      - A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
      - On the quest for increased knowledge.

~CL4Life~

Comment

Do you guys notice any weird taste/aftertaste with the new formula? I got a big tub (100 servings) of the watermelon after reading the reviews, and although I think the formula overall is better, is just has a sour, bad taste to it. I may need to add some more water (3 scoops in ~12 oz. right now), but it's just not good. I'll continue to use it, but I don't think I could manage another tub after this.

I also picked up a tub of the lemonade flavor as well...and it's also got that wicked sour taste. The only thing I can put my finger on is the beet root, since I don't think a lot else has changed? I LOVE the Purple PsyKO, and enjoyed (love is maybe too strong a word) the old formula flavors in the White Flood. I can't deny the new formula works...but as big of a CL fan as I am, I'm disappointed I need to choke it down.

Is it just me, or what do you guys think? WF works better for me after trying at least 8-10 different PWO supplements, so I really don't want to change it, but I'm not sure I can stomach more after this.

Comment

I just wanted to update this here. The new formula DEFINITELY needs some watering down/dilution. I added two scoops yesterday to about 30 oz. water just to try it out, and lo and behold, the sour nasty taste and aftertaste are all but eliminated, and there's a nice fresh watermelon-y flavor left! I guess I'm not sure why it works, but less powder in more water lends it a much nicer flavor. You'd think the two would dilute evenly, but for some odd reason that doesn't seem to be the case.

I can honestly say at this concentration...this stuff tastes good! Now I need to try it with the lemonade.

Comment

Working...
          X