Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miccelol's trip to bulk land

Bio (cliffs at the bottom):

Born and raised in Las Vegas, NV, there are plenty of great high schools with sports. Unfortunately, when I was a teenager, I wanted to be a computer programmer. I attended a magnet high school, basically a specialized high school, that had no sports or weight lifting programs. I was never taught how to properly lift or had a push to do it. I graduated in 2007 at 6'4" and 175lbs. I could eat $40 of fast food all day and never gain a pound.

I've attempted to lift for the past 4 years on and off, but never saw results or really understood diet/training. at 190lbs, My 2011 resolution was to change that, despite discovering I have a large curve in my lower back that twists my right hip out, making me pronate on one leg only. My metabolism started to catch up, and after years of lurking on bb.com, I finally started to understand.

My first CL supp was orange triad. Because of my pronate problem in my left leg to compensate for my right, I bought a pair of brooks shoes that corrected the left leg, but did a lot of damage to my right knee from running. I needed a multi-v and was gonna go with gaspari anavite, but after reading on OT, I decided to give it a go. 100% worth its weight in gold. knee issues are gone completely, im squatting and running and sprinting and climbing stairs like everything is in place.

And after hidden internet buys from my girl friend, i came upon oximega greens/oil, tons of wf, pw, glycer grow, and ultimate mass gainer (creatine too). I've been on a loose lifting scheme for a month and have put on 12lbs in a month (195 to 207 today).

I have my supps in line, i got the time, dedication, motivation, and nutrition is ON CHECK!!!!!

Supps:

White Flood OG (raz) and White Flood v2 WHATERMELUN
    Purple Wraath (probably switching to intrain/psyko secretly, dont tell my lover)
    GlycerGrow (on the fense about this right now.. Im going to not use it for the first phase to see if anything happens. otherwise i like it and it will be in my bulk.)

Nutrition:

Diet is hard for me right now. I'm doing it right, just the timing. My job is go go go for 10 hours a day and its hard to take a min or two to suck something down.

Morning:
    4 egg whites
    2 slices of toast with hummas (olive oil hummas)
    1 cup coffee
    OT + fish oil

snack
    banana
    cottage cheese
    yogurt
    2 slices of bread with hummas or peanut butter

lunch
    8oz chicken
    8oz yams
    1tbsp olive oil
    OT

snack 1.5 hours before workout
    premade power bar 25g protein, 10g fats, 40g carbs (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...de+protein+bar)

30min preworkout:
    1.5 scoop WF
    3 scoop GG

intra workout:
    .5 WF
    1 GG
    (if i do long cardio 1-2PW)

post workout:
    higher power ultimate mass serving - 580cal/3fat/83carb/55protein and my 5g creatine
    oximega greens to cool off

dinner
    no carbs, 4-8oz of meat (fish or steak) and lots and lots and lots of greens, greens until im full.

prebed
    60g tuna and 160g of whole cottage cheese

CLIFFS
    Now that i can put on weight and i have the drive and knowledge, with supp and nutrition in check, im ready to follow my workout routine. I was very close to a GST program, but found something I am really excited about.

Derek "THE BEAST" Charlebois - TriPhase VOL 2

12 week hypertrophy program. I will officially start Monday the 13th of June. Progress pics and workouts updates. I'm going to leave at this for the night. Tomorrow I will post my actual routines i will be following and maybe even starting pics and stats. Goal by Saturday is to have routine, pix, stats, including weight and 1rm's on bench, deadlift, squat.

Last edited by miccelol; 06-08-2011, 10:59 PM.
    On track to bulk - http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...208#post144208

Oh hai!!
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

The Workout - Phase 1

The premise behind Derek Charlebois TriPhase is that it has three phases... Its set for a 9 week or 12 week program. I will be trying the 12 week, I dont see the need to possibly overtrain myself on the 9 week and have seen better results from deloading every couple of weeks.

Weeks 1-4 focus on maintaining weight and reps while increasing sets:
      Week 1: 2 sets
      Week 2: 3 sets
      Week 3: 4 sets
      Week 4: 5 sets

Monday: back/traps
      Tuesday: chest/shoulders & core
      Wednesday: 20-30min moderate cardio
      Thursday: Legs & core
      Friday: 20-30min moderate cardio
      Saturday: Arms/Calves & core
      Sunday: OFF

Everything is 2-5sets X 6-10reps
      back/trap workout:
      Deadlift
      Pull-up
      bent over BB row
      smith shrug
      Standard grip pulldowns

Chest/shoulders workout:
      Bench press
      Incline DB press
      Arnold press
      Military BB press
      DB side lat

Legs:
      Squad
      Stiff Leg deadlift
      Leg Extension
      Leg Curl
      Incline leg press

Arms/Calves:
      BB curl
      close grip bench press
      tricep cable/rope pull down
      bicep cable/bar curl
      standing calf raise
      seated calf raise

Core alternates with weights:
      Ab Workout #1
      Decline Crunches 3 X 8-12
      Back Extensions 3 X 8-12

Ab Workout #2
      Lying or Hanging Leg Raises 3 X 8-12
      Torso Twist 3 X 8-12

Saturday I will post pics and stats for progress, as well as get some 1rm's in

Comment

EDIT: idk how to make the pix normal size

Didnt get to find RM's today (got a great session in with my buddy $100/hr trainer for free, so i couldnt say no ). But here are my pix as of today. Sorry they arent good tho, had to take them myself.

06-11-11 / 6'-03" 208.5lbs
        2011-06-11_13-09-45_593 (Small).jpg2011-06-11_13-09-23_590 (Small).jpg2011-06-11_13-12-25_541 (Small).jpg
        2011-06-11_13-12-11_718 (Small).jpg2011-06-11_13-10-12_142 (Small).jpg2011-06-11_13-10-02_232 (Small).jpg

This is me probably about 3 years ago. 180ish lbs
        before.jpg
        Last edited by miccelol; 06-11-2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Day 1. Monday -back/trap workout:
          Deadlift - 135x10x2
          Pull-up -no weight 10 and 7
          bent over BB row - 80x10x2
          smith shrug - 140x10x2
          Standard grip pulldowns 120x10x2

This is my first time actually deadlifting. Shit is rough. And i've always been weak at pullups, couldnt do a full 10 reps on my 2nd set

Comment

You'll get it back in no time!

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Tuesday - Chest/shoulders workout:
              Bench press - 175x10x2
              Incline DB press - 60x10x2
              Arnold press - 40x10x2
              Military BB smith press - 90x10x2
              DB side lat - 12.5x10x2

Man, my shoulders felt like they were going to rip out today, idk why. Did core work after and then off to work.

Wednesday - found my juicy watermelon on my porch when i got home at 0100hrs, soooo excite!!!! took half a scoop before my 2.5mi run, tastes amazing, im still feeling like my blood is rushing an hour after finishing my run. I'll get a much better review up on my weekend when I have time

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

I know im a little behind, work got crazy. I switched my leg day to the last lift day on saturday, because i cant afford to eff up my legs or get sore from my legs during my work week.

Thursday - Arms/Calves:
                  BB curl - 70x10x2
                  close grip bench press - 135x10x2
                  tricep cable/rope pull down - 50x10x2
                  bicep cable/bar curl - 50x10x2
                  standing calf raise 90x10x2
                  seated calf raise 90x10x2
                  Core work

Friday was supposed to be moderate cardio, but instead we did training at work with full gear. Had to carry/sprint 3 people out of a danger zone with a rescue team. I may be trying to be fit, but they guys I lift arent helping by not caring anymore

Saturday - Legs
                  Squat Smith - 90x10x2
                  Stiff Leg deadlift - 185x10x2
                  Leg Extension - 145x10x2
                  Leg Curl - 130x10x2
                  Incline leg press - 360x10x2

Squatting is the hardest thing for me. The curve in my lower spine really fucks up my posture throughout the rep, so i cant go too heavy for me on it. I need to invest in a belt to see if that would work.

Also, stiff leg deadlift or good mornings??? I've never done good mornings so idk, but i hear good things.

Sunday was the LOVELY day off, lots of rest, lots of cheat foods, and lots of time with my dad for fathers day.

Tomorrow is week 2 of phase 1. sets will be increased to 3, all other weight and reps stays the same.

Comment

Haha...make them carry it all!

I like good mornings but you have to go really light to build up your strength.

Comment

Nice start in here, subbed along for the ride..

wheeeeeeeeeee
                      - A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
                      - On the quest for increased knowledge.

~CL4Life~

Comment

whole week behind, been a busy week

work is hectic and with fathers day and friends birthdays, this is the first time i've been on a computer all week been hitting the gym tho.

Every weight is the same, just adding another set of 10 reps to everything.

Monday -back/trap workout:
                        Deadlift - 135x10x3
                        Pull-up -no weight 10-10-8
                        bent over BB row - 80x10x3
                        smith shrug - 140x10x3
                        Standard grip pulldowns 120x10x3

Tuesday - Chest/shoulders+core workout:
                        Bench press - 175x10x3
                        Incline DB press - 60x10x3
                        Arnold press - 40x10x3
                        Military BB smith press - 90x10x3
                        DB side lat - 12.5x10x3

Thursday - Arms/Calves+core:
                        BB curl - 70x10x3
                        close grip bench press - 135x10x3
                        tricep cable/rope pull down - 50x10x3
                        bicep cable/bar curl - 50x10x3
                        standing calf raise 90x10x3
                        seated calf raise 90x10x3

Saturday - Legs
                        Squat Smith - 90x10x3
                        Stiff Leg deadlift - 185x10x3
                        Leg Extension - 145x10x3
                        Leg Curl - 130x10x3
                        Incline leg press - 360x10x3

I was really surprised with my monday pullups actually. earlier I stated how ive never been good at them, but i actually pulled the 2nd set at all 10 reps and was able to almost finish 10 in the 3rd set.

idk if its the new formula of white flood or the type of shoulder work im doing, but tuesday felt like my arms were going to rip off again, and not in a good way. at the end of my shoulder work before moving onto core, it was extremely painful to let my arms hang naturally. next week im going to try either the old WF or assault on tuesday and see if its the pump im getting in the new formula thats causing it or if its the workout itself.

feel great, getting bigger, couldnt ask for more

Comment

Good job man keep up the good work, I seen in your post that you had shoulder pain. Do you stretch before your shoulder workout?
                          Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.

Comment

Working...
                          X