Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to Bulk Up with Lean Mass

Hey all,

Not new to supplements or lifting, but I've been out of the game for a loooong time. Today there are so many different things available that I don't know which is which, so I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

Here's what I've doing so far... I've dropped from 208 lbs to 177 lbs in a matter of 3 or 4 months, this is from doing a lot of morning cardio and lifting weights in the afternoons.

Here's what I've been taking for supps:
    1. Pro7ein (protein seven from Vitasport)
    1 shake in the morning
    1 pre-workout (about an hour before)
    1 after workout
    Overall, I think it's ok, except for the price $50 per container

2. N'Sane pre-workout
    1 scoop with water pre-workout
    Good so far, good energy, I sweat a lot, but $45 per container

3. Centrum Performance Multi-Vitamins
    1 a day in the morning
    I don't know if it's making a difference overall

I hit the gym 4 times a week, I do focus well and am totally motivated by my progress so far.

So, my goal is to now begin gaining lean muscle mass, however I'm not certain this supplement combo is all I need.

So I'd like to see you guys give me your supp combos to give me an idea of a better way to accomplish my goal. I'm very curious about Purple Wraath and Kane sure makes it look good. I do plan on trying that at some point, also Controlled Labs Multi-Vitamin Orange Triad looks good, since it provides joint support and I feel like I need that.

But please give me your feedback on:

Whey / Protein Supps that are 34gm or more per scoop and is more better?
    Pre-workout Supps
    Intra-workout Supps (do I need one if I take a pre-workout)
    Multi-vitamins
    Others: Such as amino acid pills, fish oils etc, etc.

I'm very curious to see the different combinations you guys use.

Thanks a lot

Charlie.

Hi and welcome to the board!!! And congrats on how much weight youve lost!

As far as your protein goes, i cant seem to find exactly whats in pro7ein (i only searched for a minute or so and got overwhelmed with adds). From what i can tell its a bigger scoop and 7 types of protein, but the profile isnt all that great. Golden gains is nice, good fats, good carbs, good protein. And i hear it tastes amazing. I'm taking a weight gainer right now, so i cant really comment to much on it.

I love purple wraath, and so does my dad. He has been cutting for a while now and before he had PW, he was having trouble staying at the gym. Now hes pushing through and having great recovery times. If youre on a cut, PW is the way to go. Bulking, I'd say purple psyko.

Again cant find a profile on n'sane... just a lot of adds. So i cant really compare it. Old White Flood is amazing, I was taking Muscle Pharm Assault prior to white flood, and I can say for me, i much prefer white flood. White raspberry is delicious, and it keeps me fueled through out my workouts. I take 1.5 scoops, and the price per serving is a great value.

And youre multi V isnt cutting it... I was taking oneaday before i started looking online and learning. switched to orange triad and could notice the diff in joints, alertness, and overall wellbeing in the first week at 3 a day (morning, noon, night). I know it recommends 6, but 3 works great for me.

I also take the oximega greens/fishoil. I hated other fishoils because of the burps, no burps with oximega. And idk if the greens are doing anything honestly, but working long dayshift hours in the vegas heat for 10 hours a day, then workouts after work, its extremely refreshing to take the greens with cold water when i get home to relax. And it tastes wonderful

Also, Green Mag=creatine. Most people take it pre with white flood and say its amazing. I havent taken it so i cant comment personally, but ive never read anything bad about it.

My ideal cut supps: Orange Triad, Oximega greens/fishoil, White Flood pre, Purple Wraath intra, Golden Gains, Green Mag

You can also throw in ReDuction AM/PM and blue Gene. I havent used either and dont know much about either so i'll let others explain
    On track to bulk - http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...208#post144208

Comment

Originally posted by miccelol View Post
      Hi and welcome to the board!!! And congrats on how much weight youve lost!

As far as your protein goes, i cant seem to find exactly whats in pro7ein (i only searched for a minute or so and got overwhelmed with adds). From what i can tell its a bigger scoop and 7 types of protein, but the profile isnt all that great. Golden gains is nice, good fats, good carbs, good protein. And i hear it tastes amazing. I'm taking a weight gainer right now, so i cant really comment to much on it.

I love purple wraath, and so does my dad. He has been cutting for a while now and before he had PW, he was having trouble staying at the gym. Now hes pushing through and having great recovery times. If youre on a cut, PW is the way to go. Bulking, I'd say purple psyko.

Again cant find a profile on n'sane... just a lot of adds. So i cant really compare it. Old White Flood is amazing, I was taking Muscle Pharm Assault prior to white flood, and I can say for me, i much prefer white flood. White raspberry is delicious, and it keeps me fueled through out my workouts. I take 1.5 scoops, and the price per serving is a great value.

And youre multi V isnt cutting it... I was taking oneaday before i started looking online and learning. switched to orange triad and could notice the diff in joints, alertness, and overall wellbeing in the first week at 3 a day (morning, noon, night). I know it recommends 6, but 3 works great for me.

I also take the oximega greens/fishoil. I hated other fishoils because of the burps, no burps with oximega. And idk if the greens are doing anything honestly, but working long dayshift hours in the vegas heat for 10 hours a day, then workouts after work, its extremely refreshing to take the greens with cold water when i get home to relax. And it tastes wonderful

Also, Green Mag=creatine. Most people take it pre with white flood and say its amazing. I havent taken it so i cant comment personally, but ive never read anything bad about it.

My ideal cut supps: Orange Triad, Oximega greens/fishoil, White Flood pre, Purple Wraath intra, Golden Gains, Green Mag

You can also throw in ReDuction AM/PM and blue Gene. I havent used either and dont know much about either so i'll let others explain
      Hey Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely leaning towards Orange Triad and Purple Wraath, I will check out the Golden Gains protein. I should consider the fishoil stuff I hear too many good things about it, but I may wait a little.

Yeah that N'Sane stuff is actually not bad, I just hate paying so much, everything at Nutrishop is expensive anyways, so I'm looking to switch and I'll check out that White Flood stuff too. Hopefully that comes in the free samples I signed up for earlier.

So you take a Pre-work out supp and then drink Purple Wraath intra workout? Do you get overly wired at times? It almost seems like PW alone should do the trick.

Thanks.

Comment

I took two scoops of wf once and felt a bit excited, but not really over wired, it isn't loaded with Stims like jacked. Its a really clean feeling. I've even taken 1.5 scoops and had to skip lifting for a family emergency; just made me way more focused and awake, I actually enjoyed it.

I try to save my intra wraath for double workout days (cardio/weights split) and when im overly dead
        White flood works, but for those loooong workouts or days that I should probably rest, wraath makes me push until the very last weight.
        On track to bulk - http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...208#post144208

Comment

Working...
        X