No announcement yet.

Better then yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the numbers written down in my book but what does it matter. I had a few (very few) good lifts. Most of them I missed in front and a few in behind. One I was so off balance I went flying into the bench behind me. And it wasn't like I started off all that close to the bench either.

Cleans were okay. Didn't do jerks since my shoulder is slightly bothering me from the presses. My shoulder does not like strict presses.

I haven't had my back adjusted since the meet so I think that may be part of the problem of getting that bar in place in my snatch. Or I could just totally suck ass right now.

I have yoga on Thursday and I lift with Rob on Friday. If I still suck after 2 days of rest than I'll go get my back adjusted......I should probably see if I can get in tomorrow. Blah!

Front squats:
    3x5 @60

Did them without much rest in between sets but I just wanted this workout to be done. Low back felt tired today.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• 2 hours of yoga today at Downtown Yoga. Honestly, I was done after 1. Let's see how lifting goes tomorrow.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• 11-25-11

Lifting was fun. Rob changed some things up. This set I could not use the hook grip AND I wasn't allowed to move my feet. So I had to start already in my squat stance.

Triples:
        20kg - getting a feel for these
        20kg - faster
        30 - 1: pulled; 2: hit low; 3: didn't go all the way down
        30 - faster and chest was up.
        35 - good
        40 - missed 1st front; 2nd behind; 3rd front

Now from high hang, hook grip but no hitting bar. Had to push off from my hips (hard!!)
        Triples
        20 - meh
        25 - good
        35 - missed 1st
        2x 35 - good

RDL (going to have to do these 3xa week now blah)
        5x5 @ 35
        Light.

Front squat 1rm
        45 - 65 - 77 (PR) - 80 (Sweet - new pr)

Comment

• Today was Rob and Lindsay's oly seminar at CrossFit CenCal. Wish I could say I made some pr's but I didn't. My snatch was a bit off. My whole body hurt yesterday and I think it was still tired today.

Here's the video from my 57kg c&j. Boy does that look horrible.

http://vimeo.com/32725381

And my 47kg snatch attempt

http://vimeo.com/32724502
          Last edited by bull.dogz; 11-29-2011, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Did okay by myself today.

Snatch:
            No hook/ no moving feet/ triples
            15kg

With hook grip/ high hang no hitting/ triples

I wasn't as fast as I should be but they were pretty solid.

Cleans only, my right shoulder is bugging me. I was messing on the rings the other day doing dips.
            Doubles:
            40 + 1 jerk (testing shoulder; didn't like it)
            60 - single
            62.5 - clarked it

Front squats:
            6x3 @ 65 (felt pretty easy)

3x10 glute-ham thingy (ugh )

Comment

• Let me with by saying my thumbs are fucking killing me. Worked with Rob tonight. Didn't write it down so this is coming from memory.

No hitting/front high hang
              3x15
              3x25
              3x25

No hook/no feet
              3x25
              3x25
              3x30

Snatch
              45 - miss front
              45 - miss front
              45 - miss front...actually had it, sat for a few seconds and dropped it
              45 - behind ....blah!

Cleans - high hang
              50 - missed (serious whining going on at this point)
              50 - missed - caught it and fell to my knees...didn't lose the bar though
              50 - finally
              55 - miss
              55 - Got it.

Comment

• Everything felt so heavy and slow today. I'm a bit bruised up from Wednesday. I had planned on going to yoga last night but I was so tired I just went home to sleep.

Snatch
                40 - missed front - was really slow hitting it
                40 - missed front again
                40 - missed
                35 - high hang; felt heavy and I powered it
                35 - why does this feel like 60?

Clean & Jerk
                45 - slight press out
                50 - no jerk

Jerks from box
                35 - bruise on neck was hurting, so switched to behind the neck
                40 - not bad
                45 - don't seem to jerk much better from the rear

Rest day tomorrow and Sunday and quite possibly Monday. The gym is always so packed on Mondays I might switch to Tuesday.

Comment

• 12-5

Snatch - high hang
                  25 - came up on toes (and still made it)
                  25x2
                  30 - okay
                  30 - better
                  35 - okay
                  37.5 - okay
                  40 - miss behind
                  40 - miss behind
                  35 - miss behind - was swinging
                  35 - good
                  40 - from ground - good
                  42.5 - almost dropped it on my head, time to move on

C&J
                  35 (to work on jerk)

Decided to work on jerks only....to the box
                  35 (x5)
                  42.5 - eh
                  42.5 - soft arms
                  45 - soft
                  45 - better

Back Squats:
                  3x9 @ 65

Comment

• Yoga night. Hopefully won't be sore. We got to do handstands so we'll see how my arms/shoulders feel.

Comment

• 12-10-11

Not a bad training day. Started with squats 5x5@70. Easy.

Worked snatches from the floor. Worked up to 45 and missed it 4 times. Blah! Oh well

Coach had me do clean pulls so my neck could heal. Don't remember what weight I worked up to. Maybe 65, 70?

Glute-ham raises 3x10

12-12-11
                      Snatches from the floor, worked up to 42.5 and missed a couple so dropped it back to 35 and worked my way up to 45, missed it again 3x.

snatch grip deadlift max...65 (killed my thumbs - no straps)
                      85 with straps

squats
                      5x5 @ 80 - not loving my coach for these at all today

3x5 strict pullups
                      3x10 push ups

Comment

• Worked snatches from the floor today. Couldn't get 40 but I think it was because my chest and arms were still sore from the push ups so coach made me do drop snatches (I think that's what they are called aka snatch balances). In sets of 3 worked my way up from the bar to 35 (don't laugh). Then did 5x3 @ 35. My wrists are killing me.

Front squat, work up to max
                        made it to 75, went for 81 (max is 80) couldn't get it.

Comment

• Didn't want to lift today but Glenn said I would feel better if I did...so I did. Worked on locking out my arms better.

45 - I'm sure I missed a couple of times but finally got it
                          47 - missed like a million times (pretty sure Glenn and Rob were ready to beat me with the infamous stick by then). Also figured out that not letting go of my hook grip is probably what keeps me from making the lifts. Something else to work on.

Clean & Jerk
                          58 - missed the jerks 3 or 4 times (almost bounced it off my head on the last one)
                          61 - Clean pr
                          64 - Clarked...wasn't hard just mental.

And today, I got to witness this:

Last edited by bull.dogz; 12-17-2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Lifted today, you can watch here. This is the whole team at Cal Strength...except Spencer. Lindsay hit 2 pr's today!! I'm the one with the baby weights.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19344711

Comment

• Lifting has been going okay. Finally hit 47kg Snatch. Went for 50 but clarked it. No heavy lifting for Clean or Jerk. Really trying to focus on Jerks right now since that is my weakest point. Foot work. I really, really suck.
                              Last edited by bull.dogz; 12-26-2011, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Had every intentions of lifting today but after snatches it went to hell. I was forward on my snatches. I could feel it. Only did a few cleans/jerks. Was too busy watching everyone else PR.

Front squats:
                                2x60
                                2x60
                                2x60

was supposed to be 6x2@60 but Rob said it was too light and had me go up

2x65
                                2x65
                                2x65
                                2x70

Comment

Working...
                                X