43x3

Incline db press 25#db 2xmax
    25, 20

Band pulldowns 4xmax blue band
    20, 15, 13, 12

Tricep pressdowns 4xmax red band
    18, 12, 12, 15

laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• My legs are so damn sore from yesterday. Did an hour of mobility before I started lifting.

Sotts x10 - 15, 20, 23
      Need to start doing these more often.

Snatch (board/double)
      20, 20 25, 30, 30, 35

board/singles
      40 - straight legged power'd *shrugs* dunno
      42 (m - didn't lock out)
      42 (m - I'm sitting at the bottom...but the bar's still going up) damn
      46 - WTF is this weight?....feels like 100kg trying to stand it up
      48 (m - not moving my feet again)
      50 (m - move your fucking feet!)
      52 - Holy fuck I finally did it! PR!!!
      53 - (m - knee snatch pr)
      54 - Why not? (m)

Clean and Jerk
      35, 35, 40, 45 (double jerks)
      50 - feels like death trying to stand this up
      53 - Is this really only 53? doesn't feel like it
      65 - As soon as I started pulling I thought...you can't do this. (M)
      65 - Trying not to think, started to pull...you can't do this (M)
      65 - Fuck thinking....For the love of gawd it's racked, jerk the muther fucker!!! So I did.

I'm not even going to pretend my cleans were anything but horrific today. I was pulling the shit out of them. And they all felt heavy. But I'm happy with that last jerk. They are finally catching up to my Cleans. Ended the day there.....before I fucking kill myself. Or worse, sprain something.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Deads - Max

On 1" block work up to max 105
        105kg felt pretty easy, kinda surprised considering how tight my back feels
        110 just for shits and giggles

Sumo Stance deadlifts 3x5 @ 85
        The video says it all.

Lunges
        3x15....oh the burn.........

Planks
        1:35
        1 - would have been a little longer but Derrick almost fell on top of me doing a handstand walk. I had to jump out of the way.
        1:02

I'm done. Everything is sore.

Comment

• Squat - Reps
          W/Up - x3
          45, 55, 65, 70, 75, 80
          1x3 85kg
          Not bad, didn't feel horrible.

Wide stance pause squats
          3x10 @ 70
          Did 11 on first set cause I lost count. I expected these to feel like death....it didn't. Although I did want to pass out around the 9-10th rep.

Lunges
          3x15 w/25# db
          Sucked ass.

Weighted situps w/20#kb
          My arms were too tired.

Abmat situps
          50, 50

Comment

• Tried to lift yesterday but snatches felt like shit during the warm up and my heart wasn't in it so I left.

Today the motivation wasn't there either. I still have my bodybuilding exercises that I have to do and then it's a rest week. Next Saturday will be my mock meet to see where my strength is at.

Did my warm up work on the board for snatches. Still working on staying on my heels. The one damn thing that keeps me from snatching the weight I'm capable of. Weights were feeling heavy today and I don't want to lift. So I did what I love. Snatches from the high hang.

High hang snatch
            38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50, 52(M)
            Screw it. I need to start taking bigger jumps till I get to my max. I think these small jumps are wearing me down more than anything.

Clean and Jerk
            45, 45, 50, 53, 56, 59 (no misses)
            62 - (M)didn't rack it, caught it in my hands which you can't see in the video. Thought for sure I had strained them. Ugh!
            62 - (M)too far back on my heels
            62 - (M)clarked it...need to stop thinking
            66 - PR
            68 - Easy clean, slight press out on right arm on the jerk but still a PR!
            70 - (M) This was mental, I hesitated when I was set. I knew this was a huge milestone for me. This was the goal I had set for myself at the beginning of the year. I wanted to hit this by the end of 2013. Fail.

70 - Clear your mind...no thinking. Your body knows what to do. I couldn't catch my breath for the Jerk. PR CLEAN!!! I did it!

Ripped open both hands to the point they are bleeding. Call it a day on a high note.

When I started this program I could barely Jerk 60kg. In fact that was my max on the CnJ. This was with 3-4 days of working on the lifts and some strength work. My goal with this program was to bring my jerk up to match my cleans. 66kg was my best clean. Cleaning anything more than 63 was iffy on a regular training day. The last few weeks I have seen nothing but PR's on my lifts. And that is with only training them once a week.

My snatch is still not were I want it. My goal for the year was 55, that's just technique. I definitely have the strength for it now. All my weaknesses have been improved so much. I haven't had the usual injuries I used to have. No bulging discs and no more popped ribs. For all the whining and complaining I did about having to do those damn Sumo's and wide legged squats. I can't complain that they didn't get me a lot stronger all around. Honestly, I didn't know if this program would work for me but my progress was so slow the past year I had nothing to lose.

If I were to run this program again, which I will, I don't think I would change much. I'd even leave in those god awful sumo's.

So now I have to change my goals for the year:
            Snatch 60
            CnJ 80

So even if I don't hit PR's on my lifts next weekend....which is highly unlikely. I hit pretty much all the goals I had set for myself that I really didn't expect to hit till the end of the year. To say that I am happy with the Cube is an understatement. And I couldn't have done it without Corey's help. No one else will put up with my complaining.

Comment

• i would highly recommend doing the cube method for 2-3 more months. as you've gotten a small taste of, maximal strength trumps everything in sport performance, especially barbell sports (olympic lifting, powerlifting, strongman). If you want to really impress yourself in the future, do cube method til April/May then run 5/3/1 for 4-5 months.
              --lllll--------lllll--
              IRON MIND

Comment

• Originally posted by FeMind View Post
                i would highly recommend doing the cube method for 2-3 more months. as you've gotten a small taste of, maximal strength trumps everything in sport performance, especially barbell sports (olympic lifting, powerlifting, strongman). If you want to really impress yourself in the future, do cube method til April/May then run 5/3/1 for 4-5 months.
                Corey is going to put me on a slightly different 3 week program after my mock meet and then I fully plan on running it again.

Comment

• Was dying to lift today. Now I'm just dying.

Back Squat (95/209?)
                  w/up: 15kgx10, 35x5, 45x3, 55x3, 65x3, 75, 80, 85, 90, 93, 96
                  1:99kg/218#
                  2:101/227 PR
                  3:103/227 (M) Didn't feel heavy, I felt like I was just too slow and I knew as I was going down.
                  I based my percentages when I started the Cube on an old max (100kg) which I did almost a year ago, which in hindsight I think was too much. Realistically my max before starting was probably closer to the low 90's, maybe 95.

Bench (50/110)
                  w/up: 15x10, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 48
                  1:51kg/112#
                  2:54/119
                  3:56/123 (M)
                  I'm not very good at the bench, my spotter said I was pushing forward instead of back. Back was shot from the squats too which was why I wore the belt.

Deadlift (105/231)
                  w/up: 85, 85, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110
                  1:115/253
                  2:118/260
                  3:122/268 (M)

So I PR'd everything with around 18kg/40#'s. That's going off a 100kg squat which I don't think I had to begin with but I'm not worried about it. My legs have gotten a lot stronger which shows with my Cleans. And my Jerks have caught up with my Cleans which was the whole reason why I wanted to do this program.

Snatch: 52
                  When I started I wasn't very consistant over 46, now I'm hitting 50 everytime. It's just technique. Not sitting back on my heels.

Clean and Jerk: 68
                  I was stuck at 61 forEVER on this lift. So a 7kg is nice. And I've been consistent with these the last few weeks.

Comment

• Didn't know what I had planned today since my back is pretty tired from maxing out yesterday. Just kinda rolled with it.

Snatch
                    dbl -20, 25, 30
                    50 (M)
                    54 - PR!!
                    56 (M)
                    55 (Mx5)
                    I had one where I was under it but lost it behind me. (video)

Clean and Jerk
                    45, 50, 55, 58, 60, 62(M)
                    These did not feel good at all so I stopped. Tomorrow starts a new program and I need to let my back rest. I have to do hip extension. I hate these.

Comment

• And so it begins. New cycle, different programming. I can not tell a lie, I hurt bad today. Everything feels worse than yesterday.

Warm up:
                      100 Pull aparts
                      Band gm's 3x15 (instant tightness in the back)
                      Split squats 3x15 (I only did 2 sets, everything was burning. Did the last set at the end of my workout.)
                      Lots of hip mobility and stretching.

Snatches off the board
                      20, 25, 30
                      Floor
                      35, 40, 43 (M), 43(M)
                      Something in my left shoulder blade was hurting. Don't think it's a rib, probably just a strain. Lots of lacrosse ball later to see if I can work it out.

Back squats 8x3 @ 70kg

Front squats 5x5 @ 64kg

Hip extensions - 50
                      5x10...I hate these more than sumos.

Band leg curls - 50 (purple band)
                      15, 15, 10, 10
                      These are harder than I thought they would be.

Band pulldowns - 50
                      20, 15, 15

Planks 1, 1, 1 (every other minute)

Abmat situps - 55 unbroken
                      My back felt a lot better after these.

The squats felt so much harder than they looked on video. Not heavy, just my body is fatigued. The last few sets I had to fight that urge to step forward before I was all the way standing.

Comment

• 100 Pullaparts/100 Pushdowns/3x15 Pushups

Paused bench 8x3 @ 38kg

2 Board 5x5 @ 38kg
                        Both exercises felt easy. Was kinda surprised.

Close grip 3x20 @ 25kg
                        25kg turned out to be too heavy. The first set was fine, the last 2 sets I struggled. 2nd set I had to rack it at 17 cause I couldn't lock it out anymore. 3rd set I got to 12 and had to rack it again. I had a hard time locking out my right arm. That's also the arm I tore my tricep so maybe that's why.

Pendlay row 5x10 @ 29kg
                        That was too light. I'll have to go up in weight on that one next time.

Tricep extension w/barbell (15kg) 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
                        Supersets w/ db curls 4x15 15#
                        I almost cracked myself in the head the last 2 sets. Guess that's why they call the skull crushers.

I forgot to do my ab work. Remembered right after I ate dinner.

Did my planks 1, 1, 1 (1 min rest in between)
                        Ab rollouts 10, 10
                        That was a mistake my arms are jello. I'll do some crunches before bed...when my bell isn't full.

Comment

• Warm Up:100 pullaparts/split squats3x15/band gm3x15(red band)
                          Power snatches 20, 20, 25, 25, 30
                          Clean and 2 jerks 30, 30, 35

Clean & 2 Jerks:40, 45, 50, 50, 50
                          Snatches didn't feel that good. Body didn't want to go under the bar so just powered it. Mostly just working on technique. Making sure I move my feet which I stopped doing with cleans.

Deadlift on board: 6x3 @ 83kg/183#

Sumo: 5x5 @ 71kg/157#

Paused back squats 2x15 @ 50kg/110
                          Should have gone lighter. Wanted to pass out on the second set. (missed a rep on the first set, oops)

Hip extensions - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
                          I really hate these. Last 2 sets were tough.

Pulldowns - blue band
                          15, 15, 10, 10

Planks
                          1:26, 1:00

Crunches
                          30, 20

Comment

• Warm up: 100 pullaparts Squat snatch press:3x10 bar

Snatch:20, 25, 30, 35, 40(M-behind), 43 (M-bh), 45, 48, 50, 52 (Mx3)
                            CnJ:45, 45, 45, 50, 53, 56, 59, 61, 63
                            Clean:65, 67, 69(clarked)
                            No flow or bounce with the cleans today. Catching them in a dead stop.

Warm up:100 pushdowns/pushups 3x15
                            Military press
                            5x5 w/20# db

Wide grip pause bench
                            4x6 w/30kg

Snatch press
                            3x15 w/20kg
                            Last 2 sets were tough once I got to 10. Last set had to push press last 5.

Chest supported rows
                            3x15 w/20#db
                            These are hard when you have boobs.

Band flys
                            2x25 w/purple band

Band pushdowns w/purple band
                            25, 25, 25, 25

Side raises
                            2x25 w/2.5kg plate

Planks - 2 sets to max

Ab work - knees to opposite elbows
                            20, 20

I'm exhausted.

Comment

• Pwr Snatch: 20, 25, 30, 30, 35, 35
                              Snatch:
                              40 (m-behind)
                              44 (m-front)
                              CnJ:35, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 58, 60(no jerk, caught the clean wrong)
                              Hips felt better today than yesterday so just kinda went with it.

Squats 9x3 @ 70kg
                              Video is a little blurry cause I had the door open. Oops.

Front squats 6x5 @ 64kg
                              Was getting pretty tired at this point.

Forgot to do the split squats and gm's before the squats so I did them here.

Superset:
                              Hip extensions: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 5
                              Band curls(ppl band):15, 15,15, 15, 15
                              Pulldowns(blue bnd): 15, 15, 10, 10
                              I will kill myself if I have to do those hip extensions all in a row. I was so exhausted doing these. Just kept thinking that it will pay off in the long run.

Up/down planks: 15, 15
                              V-ups:15, 10, 10

I usually take the dog for a long walk and I'll do some sprints to wear her down. Not today, took about 3 steps and it wasn't happening. She'll have to be happy with just a walk.

Comment

• A bit sore today but nothing too bad. Snatches were not going to happen though.

Cleans: 35, 35, 40, 45, 45, 50, 55, 60
                                55kg/dblsx5
                                Moving slow, legs are tired.

Military presses 5x5 w/25# db

Bench -wide/pause 4x6
                                35kg, 38x3
                                Last week I used 30 and it felt too light, 35 felt pretty easy too so went up a bit.

Snatch press 3x15
                                15kg, 18kgx2

Chest supported rows 3x15 w/20#db
                                Cable flyes 2x25 ppl bands

Band pushdowns - 100 red band
                                20, 20, 20, 15, 20, 5
                                Side raises 2x25 w/5#db

Planks 1, 1
                                Shoulders too sore

Crunches 20, 20
                                Reverse crunches 20, 20

http://youtu.be/xm4EvpJa-uE

Comment

Working...
                                X