Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Better then yesterday

Week 5

Snatch: 20, 20, 25, 30, 35, 35, 40, 43, 45, 48, 50, 35x2
    Caught the 50 on my toes but saved it. No c&j's today. Wrist doesn't feel that great.

Squat @ 74kg: 9 (w/belt)

Wide stance w/45kg:
    12, 6, 6

Lunges (walking 2 sets):
    11, 10

Side bends w/26# kb:
    15, 12, 13

OHS w/25kg - 50
    22, 13, 15
    These are supposed to be unbroken but my head started pounding every time I got past about 10 reps. Felt like something was squeezing the crown of my skull. I had to stop so it would stop to get it to stop hurting.

Chris was yelling at me in the background to push my knees out, when I did that I was able to go past parallel, so I need to work on my squats.

Glute bridges: 3x10
    Planks: 3x1m
    Head hurt when I did these too. And even now it still hurts off and on.

laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Push press 55x5
    Just realized I was supposed to do 5 sets of 4 but I only worked up to 55.
    Good thing I'm cute.

Incline DB press w/30#: 15, 10, 8
    Got that horrible pain in my head again during the 2nd set.

Dips w/red band: 10, 9

Pull ups: 5, 4

T bar rows w/20kg: 10, 11
    I could do more but I stopped everytime I started to feel that pain come on.

I have a chiro appointment today. I'm pretty sure my neck is the problem. Hope she can fix it.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

So I was right, my C1 was misaligned. Got everything straightened out yesterday. Other than a headache all day from getting adjusted I felt pretty good. No pain in my back or shoulders though.

Deadlifts:
    50x5
    60x5
    70x5
    85 10x1
    Used the men's bar today...almost added too much weight again but caught it before I started. Also just stuck with an overhand grip instead of mixed. I swear I felt a lot faster than I looked in the video.

Snatch grip on 4"
    1st: 19
    2nd: 18
    I was actually afraid to do this. Anything over 10 reps was what was making my head feel like exploding. I could have done more on that first set but I felt my head starting to hurt and didn't want to push it. Not feeling any pressure at the base of my skull so it was just a headache and not my neck.

Squats w/40kg:
    1st: 10
    2nd: 10
    Didn't even warm up for this. Being lazy.

Ghr (pushed off a box) RP:
    8, 7, 6

Planks w/10kg:
    3x1 min
    Glute bridges:
    3x10

HI Laurie - one thing I noticed on your OHP (might be contributing to your neck issues?) is you kind of throw your head back and the bar looks like it maybe has a sort of weird travel path as you press it up. Hard to say for sure from the angle of the video, but you may be putting excess pressure on your upper spin/neck area. I found this Rippetoe video a few months ago that helped me out with that initial thrust and a better bar path: http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...g_to_press_2.0

You get your thrust from the hips, rather than dipping a little and then thrusting up. Anyway, it helped me, thought it might help you.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggsTheGoalie View Post
    HI Laurie - one thing I noticed on your OHP (might be contributing to your neck issues?) is you kind of throw your head back and the bar looks like it maybe has a sort of weird travel path as you press it up. Hard to say for sure from the angle of the video, but you may be putting excess pressure on your upper spin/neck area. I found this Rippetoe video a few months ago that helped me out with that initial thrust and a better bar path: http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...g_to_press_2.0

My chiropractor says it's from the way I jerk, cause I snap my head back. You crack your chin enough times the head snaps back. Lol! Thanks, I'll check it out.

You get your thrust from the hips, rather than dipping a little and then thrusting up. Anyway, it helped me, thought it might help you.

Squat - Max

Squat - 3rm
    45x5
    55x5
    102 PR

Good mornings w/25kg:
    1st: 15
    2nd: 15
    Had actually did the 1st set after the 100x3. Coach said I could do more so I went up to 102, than did 2nd set of gm's.

Split squats w/25# DB:
    1st: 10
    2nd: 12
    Burn, burn, burn!!!

Weighted situps w/25# plate:
    1st: 14
    2nd: 12
    3rd: 12

Glute Bridges:
    3x10

Had my weightlifting meet yesterday. Went 4 for 6. Took 1st place in my weight division and 3rd in Masters. Pretty happy.

Deadlifts - Reps

1xAMRAP
    70x5x2
    80x5
    90x5
    95x3
    100x3
    104x10

1XAMRAP 4" Blocks
    111x8
    Thought I was going spew.

Pause Squats 2xAMRAPS @ 74kg (w/belt)
    1: 10
    2: 6

GHR's (pushed off box)
    1: 6
    2: 6
    3: 5

Planks 3x1:30m
    Glute Briges 3x10

This was supposed to be upper body day but I had to move things around since I won't have as much time or room at the gym on Thursday for deads.

Tonights squat pr. PL meet in 5 weeks.

Tonights squat pr. PL meet in 5 weeks.

So ended this program with 112kg squat, 65kg bench and 133kg deadlift. 5 weeks out till my first pl meet. We'll see what the platform will bring.

3 weeks out from my meet. Accidentally pulled 305 today. Only Asian that can't add. :/

I did it yesterday. Took home gold for the open and gold for masters. Set a USPA state record for raw/masters in all 3 lifts and I didn't miss 1 single lift. These are the last 3 lifts which were all pr's for me.

Warmed up with the hip circle, good mornings and pullaparts

Squat 63 @ 180

Paused squats 35 @ 150

Hip thrusters 38 @ 135

Tbar rows – 310 w/75#

Split Squats – 310 w/30#db

Toes2Bar – 310

I’m going to be so sore tomorrow.

Just a few lifts from today's workout.

Hip circle ~ pullaparts ~ band good mornings w/hip circle (grn band)

Deadlifts (forgot to do deficits, too busy talking)
    6x3 @ 235
    w/up: 135x5,5; 155x5, 175x5, 205x3, 225x3

Sumo block pulls
    3x5 @ 215
    Felt good on my back and easy today

Front Squats
    4x4 @ 165
    w/up 95x4, 115x4, 135x4
    Felt heavy and slow, no bounce at all

Bent rows w/95# 3x10
    GHR's - 10, 10, 5, 5
    Planks w/45# - 6x30s

Workout time: 1:30:26
    Included warm ups w/weights.

30 sprints wasn't going to happen. I'd die after about 8. This ended up sucking just as bad.

5 sets:
    40m Prowler push 155#
    40m Sprints - turned into a walk after 2
    40m Sled pulls 90#

Really fast warm up tonight since I had to coach.

Bench (paused)
    45x5, 65x5, 85x5, 105x3
    6x3 @ 120
    The first few sets I was kind of all over the place. More arch meant I was touching lower on my chest (if you can even call it my chest anymore) and coming up I was pushing forward (towards my feet) instead of back.

1 board
    3x5 @ 120

Close grip
    3x6 @ 95

Superset (3x10):
    Flyes - red band
    DB rows - 35#
    Skullcrushers

Workout time: 45min

I was all sweaty and out of breath at the end. It was like doing CrossFit.

Thread Information