• Show
Clear All

• FS
    83 (M)

Pendlay Rows
    35x3
    38x3
    40x3
    41x4x3 Was going to do 5x3 but that last rep weren't so pretty on my 4th set. Couldn't touch.

Split (push/press)
    barx10
    25x3x10

Deadlifts
    110 (M)
    Haven't done them in a long, long time. Just wanted to see what I could do.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• 12-1

BS (#'s)
      125x3
      145x2
      165x4 - could only get 2, had to rest and try to get the rest
      165x4 - " "
      165x4 - " "
      155x2 - Could barely stand up that last rep so dropped it down
      155x2
      155x2

Split presses - 55# 3x10

10 Burpee pull ups (felt something pull in my right oblique)

12-2
      Snatch
      bar x4, x4
      53#
      83 (m)
      78 (m)
      Couldn't extend anymore from whatever is strained in my ab.

FS 3 second pause/bounce (so 2 reps)

Had to coach so by the time I got back to the bar I was cold.

Monkeying around on the rings....pulled the shit out of my ab. Felt like it tore. I hate crossfit.

12-4
      FS - Didn't write down the weights. Was trying to get them done before the class started. Worked up to 155# for doubles, dropped back down and worked up to 165 singles

12-5
      BS
      35kgX5
      45x3

57x3
      66x2
      76x4
      76x4
      76x4
      76x4
      76x4
      76x4
      Felt much better today

Pendlay row kgx3

Push press (behind neck/snatch grip) kgx5

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• BS:

(warm up)
        35x5
        45x3
        52x2

57x3
        66x2
        76x2
        76x2
        76x2
        76x2
        76x2
        76x2

Press
        15x5
        20x5
        20x5
        23x5
        27x5
        31x5+1

Sots
        1x10 20
        1x5 25
        1x5 28
        1x5 30 - really hard, slight dip drive, last 2 struggled to press out

Right oblique feels better. No tightness. Busy day tomorrow but will try to lift in the afternoon.

Comment

• Snatch (#'s)
          95 (m)
          100 (m)
          110 (mx5) Not quite fast enough under it. Missed 1 in front, the other 2 behind. 2 misses were clarks
          Fuck it went for a pr 115 from hips missed 3x under it just didn't lock out

Clean and Jerk
          Worked up to 120# Tired from snatches

Shits and Giggles
          Snatch grip dead lifts from low blocks
          175x6
          150x15

Comment

• Still really sore from Snatches the other day.

Sots 3x10 bar - tried to focus on sitting back on my heels instead of pushing my knees forward. Upper back was still really sore and tight.

Snatch (board flr/kn)
            These were horrible today.

FS
            35x2
            45x2
            85 (m)

Split press 3x10 25kg

Comment

• BS
              Warmup:
              35x5
              45x5

57x3
              66x2
              76x5
              76x5
              76x5
              76x5
              76x5
              76x5

Something snapped in my right shoulder/chest on the 7th set. I normally use a wide grip on my bs but tried to go closer. Guess it didn't like it. Didn't feel any pain. Right now I can feel it but not sure how to describe it. No pain.

Sots
              20x5
              23x5
              25x5
              28x5 - couldn't press out on the last rep, so did it again with a dip drive

Stretching

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                12-1
                Monkeying around on the rings....pulled the shit out of my ab. Felt like it tore. I hate crossfit.
                +1
                --lllll--------lllll--
                IRON MIND

Comment

• Tomorrow starts my first day of a new program called the Cube Method. This is a program Brandon Lilly put together. It's actually geared towards powerlifters but I think it might help me hit my weak spots as well as getting me stronger overall.

It's a 10 week program and I'm going to be doing adjustments here and there to include/modify for weightlifting.

Today was my last heavy day lifting. Snatches felt really off today. Cleans felt okay.

Snatch
                  20, 20, 25, 30, 33, 35, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48 (M), 48 (M), 48(Clarked)

Clean & Jerks
                  35, 35, 40, 45, 50, 53 (Missed jerk), 53, 56, 58, 61 (PR on jerk, pressed out but I count it), 62 (M/J), 62 (M/J), 63 (M/J)

Clean only
                  67 (M) rounded and fell on my ass
                  67 Ugly but still a PR
                  68 (M)
                  68 (M)
                  68 (Clarked)

This is roughly my numbers right now:

Bench: 49
                  Deadlift: 105
                  Bsquat: 95-100 (not positive about this one, haven't gone for a max)
                  Fsquat: 83-90 (really depends on the day)

Weight: 63
                  Last edited by bull.dogz; 12-19-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Deadlifts
                    3x3 @ 74/163

Pulls - 4" Block
                    2x3 @ 79/174

BS
                    3x8 @ 50/110

GHR
                    4x10
                    These were horrible. I can't do them and had to use a box.

Back raises
                    50 - not sure I did these right. Sending video to Corey for any form corrections.

Planks 3x1min (1 min rest in between)

Comment

• Bench Day

Floor press – work up to single
                      Warm up
                      bar (15kg)x 10 (2 sets)
                      20×10
                      25×10
                      30×3

50 (110#)
                      53 (Missed)
                      I know I’m not supposed to miss but I’ve never done these so didn’t know what my max was. 50 felt okay.

Bench press
                      30kg 2×15 (66#)
                      2nd set was hard

Lat pulldown (w/red band)
                      3×12

Band pressdowns – (w/little purple band) 100
                      10, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15

DB Shrugs
                      15#db 3×15

Military press
                      20kg 3×12
                      Should have just used the bar. These were horrible, my arms were jello. And I used a wider grip then I’m used to. My presses have always been close grip but I tried to do these as strict as possible, going down to chin. My last set I had to rest to get the last 4 reps. Could barely lock them out.

Abmat situps – 30

Comment

• Was praying this workout wouldn't kill me when I started. By the end I was praying it did just so I could be done with it.

Back Squats 3x3 @ 70kg (70 was the plan anyways)
                        80kg 1x3 (felt so heavy so lowered the weight)
                        75kg 3x3 (into the 2nd set I realized this was 75 and not 65)
                        I normally use the 15kg plates when I squat and completely forgot I had put on the 20's. So ended up doing squats at 75%.

Front Squat @ 70% for max reps
                        63kg for 10 reps

Back Squats 5x5 Wide stance @ 50kg
                        Felt weird but I kinda like these. Probably because they're something different. Knees wanted to cave in a little so had to focus on pushing them out.

Front Squats 4x15 @ 35kg
                        Yeah, this workout was really starting to suck at this point.

Lunges 3x12
                        By the 3rd set everything was really burning. Especially my ass.

KB Swings 3x15 @ 20kg
                        Had planned on using the 24kg but my back was tired and didn't want to risk it.

Comment

• Butt cheeks and quads are still pretty sore from leg day. Today is supposed to be my "fun" day. I think it's a lie.

Squat Snatch Press
                          3x10 @ 23kg

Snatch
                          flr/kn
                          20, 25, 30

Singles from the floor
                          35, 38, 40, 43, 45 (M)

Just wanted to get some lifting in today. Was moving pretty fast (for me). Around 40 I could feel it in my shoulders a bit.

Clean & 2 Jerks
                          35, 40, 45

C&J
                          50, 53, 56 (M) missed the clean, was completely forward, 56 (M/J) didn't want to get under that jerk today. Fuck it.

Split press
                          3x10 @ 25

DB Incline press
                          3x12 15#

Jumping
                          3x10
                          Goal is to be able to do them from a deadhang again. I use a pretty close grip, doesn't hurt my shoulders this way.

Ring dips (red band)
                          3x12
                          Think I'll do tri extensions next time (just a note for myself)

Bulgarian Split squat
                          1x10 15#db - What the fuck was I thinking doing these. IT FUCKING BURNED!! Dropped the weights
                          2x10 bodyweight

Ab work:
                          V ups - 3x10
                          Side bends 3x10

Thoughts: First week down. Not sure how I feel about the benching and what they are doing to my shoulders and what they are doing to/for my lifts. I think I need to add in a lot more shoulder mobility work. I don't think the deadlifts are effecting my technique on Cleans, cause I kinda suck at those to begin with. Felt great light, that miss at 56 I just don't know what happened. That's not a hard lift for me.....it shouldn't be anyways.

Comment

• Snatch (dbl/board)
                            20, 20, 25, 30

Singles - board
                            35 (M - behind), 35, 35 (M - behind), 35

Deadlifts 10x1 @ 68
                            Got them done in 2 minutes. I could have pulled them all 10 in a row without putting them down but I figured since they were supposed to be singles....

Snatch grip deadlift 1x20 @ 53
                            My butt started to really burn around 15, low back was pretty pumped.

Squats (wide stance) 3x8 @ 50
                            These felt so heavy and hard today. My knees wanted to cave in and my chest kept dropping.

Clean high pulls 3x12 @ 45 (on a board)
                            Should have done the shrugs. These were horrible, trying to keep my butt down and working on pushing my knees forward.....didn't happen. My legs and butt were burning. I should have gone a bit lighter. The last set didn't look as bad as the 2nd (one's in the video). Broke it down to 8 and 4.

Back raises 50
                            Did 15, 15, 10, 10

Band lat pulldowns 4x15 (Blue band)

Abs:
                            Abmat situps 2x15
                            GHD situps 2x10

Lots and lots of stretching which helped relieve the tightness I was feeling in my back.

Comment

• I thought for sure my back would be sore today. It wasn't. Felt pretty good actually.

Snatch
                              20, 25, 30, 35, 40(m), 40(m), 40, 42, 44(m) 44, 45 (mx3 was forward on all of them)
                              Need to just to snatches from the board for a while I think. Missing weight that I shouldn't be.

Clean and Jerk
                              35, 40, 45, 50, 53, 55(m/j)

Bench Incline 5x3 @ 38kg/83#

Incline DB 2x20 15# Don't think I could have done 20# db's with this. Still a little leary of benches. I can still feel a twinge in my right shoulder. But no pain.

Close grip bench 3x12 @ 25kg/55
                              Could have gone up a couple of kilos. I think 27 would have been a good weight.

Band Fly - purple bands

Tricep pressdown - purple band
                              Sets of 20 but the last 5 on each set after the first was pretty hard.

Comment

• Wasn't sure about legs today. Really just wanted to go in an loosen up. Felt slow yesterday. Shoulders are a little sore today.

Hour of mobility. Foam rolling/lacrosse ball/stretching.

Snatch hips/triples
                                20, 20, 25, 30, 35
                                Singles
                                38, 40, 42, 44 (m), 44
                                Just wanted to warm up my upper body and work on moving fast under the bar. Felt slow yesterday. Weights felt heavy and hands really hurt today.

Decided to just go for the leg workout.

Warm up (back squat):
                                55kgx2
                                65x1

Back squat (regular stance)
                                80x2
                                85x1 (was supposed to be 2 reps....brain fart). I blame it on lack of oxygen. Couldn't get my belt off after the 1st set.
                                90x1
                                92x1
                                80x4
                                Haven't done heavy back squats in almost a year I think. Honestly, I was afraid I couldn't do it.

Good mornings 3x8 @ 25kg
                                I've never done these before and I've decided that they are absolutely horrible. First set I think I had my feet a little too wide. My hamstrings felt extremely tight. Second set I narrowed to my squat stance and they felt okay. Third set felt the best, moved a bit faster, not as tight. Still think these are a rotten exercise.

FS 3x20 @ 45kg
                                These made the GM's feel like a cake walk. I was dying by the 3rd set. My breathing felt like I had a mind blowing orgasm.....without the enjoyment of one. I feel cheated. The last set had my laying on the ground trying to catch my breath. Something I never, ever do. To me it's like admitting defeat.

Lunges 3x12
                                Missed the last rep on my first set. Clearly math is not my friend today...or any day for that matter.

Back raises - 60
                                15, 15, 15, 15
                                Didn't I just do this shit the other day?!! For the love of .... WHY?!!!

Legs are jello. I'm going to hurt. Next 2 days will be rest days. Maybe. Tomorrow for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X