No announcement yet.

Better then yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to squatting twice a day. Shoulders were sore today so wasn't too sure if I would even be able to lift.

FS - 35, 45, 55, 65, 70, 74, 77, 79, 81, 83, 85, 87, 88

Sots press 3x10 @ 20kg - felt good

Snatch - hips/dbl nhnf
    barx4x2, 20, 25, 25
    felt pretty good, no pain in the shoulders although my legs felt a little like jello

Snatch
    25, 25, 30, 30 - these were really sloppy, I was coming onto my toes

Snatch - hips/db
    30, 30, 30 (only did single here)...time to move on, these were all shit

Wasn't my shoulders giving me problems, shoulders felt good. Thighs/legs felt weak. Didn't want to keep practicing bad form.

Clean & 2 Jerks
    30, 30, 35, 40

Clean & Jerk
    45, 50, 53, 55 (beautiful jerk), 58 (clean only)

FS - 55, 64, 70, 74, 77, 79, 81, 83 (M)
    Was pretty tired with these, not much bounce either

Split press 3x10 @25kg
    Pretty tired by now

Shoulders are feeling it a little now.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• did you switch from writing in pounds to kilos?
      Correct me if I am wrong, but looking back to earlier pages, on 8-15-2011 you snatched 40kilos at a seminar with cal strength, seems like your still around that same weight a year later?
      --lllll--------lllll--
      IRON MIND

Comment

• Quads and mid back were sore this morning. I haven't been this sore in a while. Shoulders were hurting last night.

FS

Sots press 3x10 @ 20kg
        Shoulders felt better after these

Split press 3x10 @ 25kg
        These felt good

FS
        85 (M)
        Surprised I got this high. I got cold because I was coaching and didn't have much bounce.

GHD Situps and Back extensions - superset 3x10

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by FeMind View Post
          did you switch from writing in pounds to kilos?
          Correct me if I am wrong, but looking back to earlier pages, on 8-15-2011 you snatched 40kilos at a seminar with cal strength, seems like your still around that same weight a year later?

Everything is in kilos. 40 was a max back then and very rare. My max snatch now is 52. When I started lifting at Cal I had to break it all down and start from scratch. With this squat program I'm supposed to focus on getting my squat up and not so much the lifts.

Comment

• What are your goals?? do you have a specific lifting target you are aiming for?
            --lllll--------lllll--
            IRON MIND

Comment

• Originally posted by FeMind View Post
              What are your goals?? do you have a specific lifting target you are aiming for?
              The goal is 58/70.

But with a bulging disc I will probably have to start all over.

Comment

• Tested the water yesterday. Did a few front squats with just the bar. Woke up this morning and back was feeling decent. Not as tight as normal. Good sign...so today.

FS
                barx3
                barx3
                55x3x1

Stretching/yoga

If I don't wake up in pain tomorrow I'll squat again. Also seeing my chiro tomorrow. Not going to mention the weights to her.

Comment

• my backs F'ed up at the moment too.. got a job recently that involved travel for the interview, which led to about 3 hours of sleep spread over 3 days...then I decided to pull singles the first day back in the gym... wasnt a good idea.

If your goal is improvement on the quick lifts, don't let your 1RM back squat get over 130% of your best c&j - theres some info on sportivny about that.
                  --lllll--------lllll--
                  IRON MIND

Comment

• FS
                    barx5
                    Really wanted to keep going up in weight but

Split presses 3x10 @ 25kg
                    These felt really hard. Shoulders still don't feel great. Might take a few days to feel better, if not, I go back to the chiro.

Comment

• These are in pounds, gym doesn't have kgs.

FS
                      35 - went up in 10# increments, worked up to 165.
                      Around 155 is when I start to feel pressure in my low back. Not pain, just tight.

Sotts press 3x10 @ 45
                      Actually felt good

Snatches - hip
                      35, 45
                      55, 65, 75x1x3, 85x1x3
                      Most of them are power snatches, couldn't really sit in the bottom because of my back. But still happy. Only had 1 miss at 75.

Clean & Jerk
                      35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95, 105
                      No problems pulling from the floor

Split press 3x10 just the bar (35)

FS
                      105 - 165, 175 (m)
                      I'm not bouncing at all with these (on purpose). And I didn't fight for 175 at all. Was afraid I would round my back. These were all strict form.

Comment

• Sunday:
                        FS - 2 second pause at bottom (in #'s)
                        135x5x1

Sotts press 3x10 @ 40

Split press 3x10 @ 45

Went light. Back was tight and legs really sore from Saturdays workout.

Monday:
                        Rest

Comment

• FS
                          80 (mX2)

Sotts press 3x10 @23

NHNF - was really trying to work on the catapult
                          bar x4x2
                          It was eh.

Snatch
                          33 (M) knee snatch

Clean & 2 Jerks
                          35 - I GOT THE CATAPULT!!! I could really feel the difference
                          40 - didn't like how the jerk felt on my back here

Clean (catapult) - 45
                          I was so excited I finally figured out the catapult!!!! Nothing feels better than when something finally clicks!

One thing I noticed, I'm going to have to be even faster under the bar now.

Comment

• Afternoon squats

FS

Comment

• Sots press 3x10 @ 20

Snatch
                              NHNF
                              bar x3x4
                              Hips were really tight this morning. Left ankle is hurting again from squats yesterday.

Hips/dbl
                              25 - slightly on toes

Kn/ohs

A lot of these were pretty slow, the good ones were when I focused on Coach McCauley's cue to snap the hips and bury the butt. Noticed I wasn't pushing the bar back when it was overhead. Right shoulder is still doesn't have full mobility but it doesn't hurt anymore.

Clean & 2 Jerks
                              Last clean felt kinda heavy and I know I pulled longer than I should but the Jerks were okay. Just happy I can lift again.

Split press 3x10 @25
                              These felt heavy. Hard time locking out right shoulder/arm.

Back is feeling better and better. The tightness is going away. I'm able to bend over, touch my toes and can actually get my palms on the floor again. Good sign.

Comment

• Was tired this morning and back was a little more tight than usual. Loosened up pretty quick though. My whole body is just tired and sore. Rest day tomorrow.

FS
                                81 (M)
                                Fuck.

Sots press 3x10 @23 (felt heavy today)

NHNF
                                BX2X4, 20X4

Snatch
                                30 (M)
                                All over the place today.

Clean & Jerk
                                Screw it....Clean only
                                45 - hip cleaned

Hips are just really tired today, and I have this welt going across my thighs from the cleans. Probably why I pulled so high on that last clean.

Pendlay rows 3x5 @ 25
                                testing the waters

Comment

Working...
                                X