No announcement yet.

Better then yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snatches were okay today. I'm swinging the bar a bit.

Clean and Jerks were okay too

Ended the workout with the complex again

I'm going to pick up some stall mats tomorrow. My ass can't handle the cement. Weights should be in Friday and squat stand within a couple of weeks. Yay me!!
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Snatches - doubles (floor, knees)

Snatches - singles (floor)
      38 (missed twice)
      38 (paused at knees, lost it coming standing up)
      38 (paused, make)
      40 (missed front)
      40 (missed front)
      40 (make - video)
      43 (missed)
      43 (missed)
      43 (missed)
      35 (make)
      40 (missed - landed on knees)
      40 (missed - front)

Clean & double jerk

Clean & Jerk
      50 (soft arms on the Jerk)
      53 (Shitty Clean, missed Jerk)
      53 (Clarked it)

Complex - Clean, 2 front squats, jerk

This month has been shit training and it showed. I've been maybe training twice a week and only working to 35kg (since that's all the weights I had). Lack of squatting I'm sure is a huge factor too. At least now I can go up in weight on my lifts (well, if I actually make the lifts).

Snatch - 40kg

Snatch - miss 43kg

Complex - 50kg

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Snatches - Double (floor-pause at knees, knees) working on shoving my ass back
        25 x 3
        28 x 2
        30 - missed the 2nd one from the knees

Singles - From the floor
        35 x 2
        38 - miss
        38 x 2
        40 - clarked it
        30 x 2

Cleans - Doubles except the first one

Comment

• Didn't write anything down so trying to go from memory.

Snatches - dbl
          30 x 5
          33 x 2-3?
          35 x 2-3?

C&J
          35 x 3?
          40 x 2-3?
          45 x 3?
          50 x 3

Best training I've had in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by glennpendlay View Post
            sots press, snatch grip, behind neck. bar for 3 sets of 10

snatch from hip, doubles at 25, 30,30,30,35

snatch from knee doubles at 25,30,30,30,35

concentrate on jumping from the heel, and slamming the heels down first on the landing.

presses from the split sets of 5, 25,30,30,30,35

clean + 2 jerks 25, 30, 35, 45, 45, 45, 50
            Sots - Hard, had to use a dip to get the weight overhead. 3rd set struggled a little with the last few reps.

Snatch (hips) - Kinda forgot I was supposed to be focused on heels until the 3rd set. But high hangs are easiest for me.

Snatch (knees) - Always throws me off starting from the knees. I think too much.

Press from split - Had to start using a dip on the 2nd set of 30. Missed the last rep @ 35.

30kg

35kg

Clean & dbl jerk - Shoulders were tired at this point. I have a video at 50kg but for some reason it went out of focus, knee came a bit forward on 2nd jerk. 2nd set of 45 was the best I think, 3rd (@ 45 I missed the 2nd jerk - came forward. 1st set of 45 knees were forward.

2nd @ 45

Missed 2nd jerk

Comment

on Sots presses you end each rep looking straight ahead, squeezing the bar at full lockout. Your not doing this.

Snatch from the hip means the crease of the hip, not dropping it to mid thigh.

You are jumping forward on most of your snatches. Draw a line on the rubber. You jump over it, its a miss.

Every jerk the bar should be behind your ears at lockout. Push the bar back and your head in front of the bar.

Next workout.

Sots press, 3 sets of 10 at 25kg

snatches from the HIP. doubles at 25, 25, 25, 30, 35
              snatches from the knee doubles at 30, 35, 35, 35, 40
              snatches from the floor singles at 30, 35, 40
              clean plus 2 jerks 30, 40, 40, 40, 45, 30, 30, 30.
              Really struggled with the sots press today. To look ahead and lock it out I ended up on my toes and had to keep sitting back. Not to mention I'd get to 5 and had to rest. On the last set, last 5 it finally clicked....I widened my grip and I had no problem being locked out for looking ahead. (dummy ) I wasn't about to do them all over again. (no video for these)

Snatches from the hips felt really heavy today. Didn't miss though and I didn't jump over the line. Most of them I actually jumped back about an inch.

Snatches from knees
              30 - came on my toes on the 1st, 2nd was fine
              35 x3 - 1st okay, 2nd missed and redid (video), 3rd was good
              40 - video

Snatch
              30 - jumped over line
              40 missed behind (video)

Clean & 2 J
              Went fine, most my front knee was forward a little, noticed my back foot was turned out instead of in.

Comment

• do you squat, deadlift, or press? From my experience and studies, building your Olift total will be a long road unless you concurrently maximize growth from the powerlifts. missing lifts sucks, but if you are crazy strong, you miss less lifts and if you do at least the poundages will be dramatically higher..hanneman and rip talk at length about that, how strength overrides technique...yet if you combine both you will maximize your potential.

thank pendlay for those erector raises he has a youtube video off...they are pretty amazing for the low back. Now if only I had a reverse hyper too.
                --lllll--------lllll--
                IRON MIND

Comment

• I'm waiting for my squat rack to come. Once it does I can start squating again. Normally I don't do deadlifts, just squats and presses.

Comment

• Originally posted by glennpendlay
                    normal sots presses

snatch from hip doubles 25, 25, 25, 30, 30, 30

snatch from knee + overhead squat 30, 30, 30, 35, 40, 35, 35, 35

clean + 2 jerks 30, 35, 40, 40, 40, 45, 35, 35, 35

presses from the split, 25kg for 3 sets of 10

Watch the jumping forward on the snatches. Use the chalk line. Stay on the heels on the pull.

Watch the front knee on the jerks and presses from the split.

Sots press 3x 10
                    Felt easier then the last time

Snatch - hip, dbl
                    Never jumped over the line

Snatch - knee, ohs
                    Messed up on my 2nd set @ 30kg forgot to ohs, did it again and missed sn in front, finally got it

Clean & 2 Jerks
                    Knee's didn't come forward much at all today but I had a hard time locking out my right arm.

Press from split

Noticed I was turning my front foot out (toes, about half and inch) halfway through each set. Struggled with the 2nd and 3rd set about the 8th rep, would miss and have to pick it back up.

Comment

normal sots presses

snatch from hip doubles 25, 25, 30, 30, 30, 30

snatch from knee + overhead squat 30, 30, 30, 35, 40, 40, 40, 35

clean + 2 jerks 30, 35, 40, 40, 45, 45, 35, 35, 35

Sots were easier today. Didn't have to dip much to get it over head. Just on the last few reps of the 3rd set.

Snatches felt off today. Didn't miss any, just didn't flow. Pressed out on my 2nd set of 40 from the knee.

Clean & Jerks felt good though, noticed I'm turning out my back foot. Focused on fixing that and knee came forward a bit but otherwise I'm doing pretty good on that.

Presses from split, lots of dip/drive to get the bar up but got through each set without having to set the bar down or missing.

Comment

normal sots presses

snatch from hip doubles 25, 25, 30,

snatch from knee + overhead squat 30, 30, 30, 35, 40,

snatch + overhead squat 30, 35, 40, 42, 44, 46, 40, 40

clean + 2 jerks 30, 35, 40, 40, 45, 45,

clean and jerk 50, 50, 50

Sots are getting easier and easier.

sn/hip/dbl - 25, 25, 30 - felt good

sn/kn/ohs - 30, 30, 30, 35 all good, 40x3 all misses (jumping forward)

sn/ohs -
                        30 - miss twice
                        41x2 miss
                        44 - miss
                        46 - so excited I made it that I almost dropped it, shitty ohs
                        40 - miss (had it locked out and then I just let go)

Clean & 2 Jerks - 30, 35, 40, 40, 45, 45

Clean & Jerk
                        50x3 - I think they all looked like shit., 2nd one looked the best. Pressed out on the first, missed the jerk on the last one. Didn't push the bar back.

Presses felt stronger, using less dip for them. Did have to fight for the last 5 reps on the last set though.

Videos are uploading. I'll add them later.

Comment

normal sots presses

snatch from hip doubles 25, 25, 30,

snatch from knee + overhead squat 30, 30, 30, 35, 35, 35, 35

snatch + overhead squat 30, 35, 40, 42, 40, 40, 40,40

clean + 2 jerks 30, 35, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40

clean and jerk 50, 50, 50, 50, 50

Shoulders are hurting me lately. Did some shoulder prehab. Snatches from the hip were fine.

SN/Knee/OHS
                          30 - on my toes a bit on the snatch
                          35 - best one, solid

SN/OHS
                          30 (M)iss
                          35 (M)
                          43 (M)
                          41 (M)
                          40 (M)
                          40 (M)
                          40 (M)
                          38 (M) Tried to drop it down, still missed. Fuck it.

Clean & 2 Jerks
                          40 x 6

Clean & Jerk
                          50 (M) jerk
                          50 (M) jerk
                          50 - Almost lost the clean, knee came forward (video)

Split presses - Went okay

Last 50kg c&j

Comment

• Keep up the great work! I need to set up a thread as well to give myself motivation!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCurlyFitChic View Post
                              Keep up the great work! I need to set up a thread as well to give myself motivation!
                              What are you waiting for? Do It!!!

Comment

• I'm giving up on weightlifting. Well just snatches and jerks. Today sucked too. My body still hurt today. Especially my shoulders and ankle. Blah!

Stretching, prehab, snatch balances (bar), sotts 3x10

Snatch (hip, dbl)

Knee + Ohs (singles)
                                30x3
                                35x4

Snatch + Ohs (here's where it goes to shit)
                                35 x 3 (Missed twice)
                                40 x 3 (Missed)
                                35 x 2 (Missed - Ready to cry at this point)

25 (dbl from flr no ohs; was on my toes a little)
                                25 - better
                                Snatch + Ohs (let's try this again )
                                40 (M)

Clean + 2 Jerks
                                40 x 6
                                Wrists really hurt with these, moved hands in felt little better

Clean & Jerk
                                50 - pressed out; knee slightly forward
                                50 - missed jerk - didn't push bar back? I don't know, posting video
                                50 - missed jerk; knee forward
                                50 - missed jerk; knee forward
                                50 - didn't even attempt jerk

Clean + 4 FS 50kg x 2

Split presses - shoulders were really burning and tired. Couldn't lock out the last 2 reps in each set. I'll upload the videos later.

Comment

Working...
                                X