Better then yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better then yesterday

My goal in this journal is just to be better then I was yesterday. Just starting back into working out after a shoulder injury which kept me from training upper body for about 6 months.

I've lost a lot of strength because of it but I'm easing back into things. Trying not to let my ego get in the way.

My style of training? CrossFit. I've been doing this for almost 2 years and loving it. It's gotten me into the best shape of my life.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Hiiii Guess who? Hehe! So funny that you just posted this today as this is my first time logging on here in well over a year! I made me a baby Just had her back on March 9th. Getting back into working out again after WAY too much time off! Gained 70 lbs over my pregnancy But have dropped 25 lb so far - 45 to go! I'll have to start getting on here again and keep an eye on ya!

Comment

May 2
      "Jeremy"
      21 - 15 - 9
      Overhead Squats
      Burpees

Time: 9:40 Weight: 43#

May 3
      Front Squats
      5-5-5-5-5
      Weight: 83#-93-103-108-118

May 5
      "Griff"
      800m Run
      400m Backwards run
      800m Run
      400m Backwards run
      Time: 17:46 Previous time: 16:24 (Feb 2 2010)

May 9
      21 - 15 - 9
      Box Jumps 20"
      Power Snatch 53#
      Pull Ups (C2B = Chest to bar)
      Time: 17:28

Kipped my pullups. Shoulders are feeling pretty good. Not strong enough for c2b yets though.

May 10
      5 Rounds:
      5 Overhead squats 53#
      10 T2B (Toes to bar)
      15 DB Power Cleans 20#db
      20 Double Unders
      Time: 24:24
      This was a gasser. Lungs were burning.

May 12
      "CrossFit Total"
      Backsquat - 185# Max: 200 (Feb 23, 2010)
      Shoulder Press - 42# Max: 95#
      Deadlift - 205# Max: 240#
      First time doing a shoulder press. I could feel it in my left shoulder but it wasn't painful. Finally getting my back squat back up as well. Couldn't back squat before since it was painful to hold bar. Deadlift I didn't want to go for my max. I plan on working out today so I didn't want to be too sore. I did hit 230# so I know my deads are still pretty close to my max.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by dogsofgold View Post
        Hiiii Guess who? Hehe! So funny that you just posted this today as this is my first time logging on here in well over a year! I made me a baby Just had her back on March 9th. Getting back into working out again after WAY too much time off! Gained 70 lbs over my pregnancy But have dropped 25 lb so far - 45 to go! I'll have to start getting on here again and keep an eye on ya!
        Congratulations!!!!!!! I was wondering where you disappeared to. What's her name and you need to post a picture!!!

Great job on the weight loss, that's quite a bit. Are you going to start a journal so I can keep track of YOU!

Comment

May 13
          "Annie"
          50-40-30-20-10
          Double Unders
          Abmat Sit-Ups
          Time: 7:31 PR (Previous 7:42) - Rx'd (as prescribed)

Comment

Hell yea !!!

Comment

May 15, 2001
              5 Rounds for time:
              15 Thrusters
              Bar facing Burpees
              Time: 14:30

This workout was the true test of my shoulders. Burpees is how I originally hurt my arm/shoulder a fews years back. I stuck with just the bar since this was my first time doing thrusters in a long time. Lowering the bar was no problem. No pain at all.

Book I'm reading now: "Lone Survivor" Marcus Luttrell.

This is seriously a must read!! Makes you really appreciate what our soldiers are really doing for us.

"Four US Navy SEALS departed one clear night in early July, 2005 for the mountainous Afghanistan-Pakistan border for a reconnaissance mission. Their task was to document the activity of an al Qaeda leader rumored to have a small army in a Taliban stronghold. Five days later, only one of those Navy SEALS made it out alive.

This is the story of the only survivor of Operation Redwing, fire team leader Marcus Luttrell, and the extraordinary firefight that led to the largest loss of life in American Navy SEAL history. His teammates fought valiantly beside him until he was the only one left alive, blasted by an RPG into a place where his pursuers could not find him. Over the next four days, terribly injured and presumed dead, Luttrell crawled for miles through the mountains and was taken in by sympathetic villagers who risked their lives to keep him safe from surrounding Taliban warriors.

A born and raised Texan, Marcus Luttrell takes us from the rigors of SEAL training, where he and his fellow SEALs discovered what it took to join the most elite of the American special forces, to a fight in the desolate hills of Afghanistan for which they never could have been prepared. His account of his squadmates' heroism and mutual support renders an experience for which two of his squadmates were posthumously awarded the Navy Cross for combat heroism that is both heartrending and life-affirming. In this rich chronicle of courage and sacrifice, honor and patriotism, Marcus Luttrell delivers a powerful narrative of modern war." (taken from Barnes and Noble)

Comment

Complete as many rounds as possible in five minutes of:
                275/185 pound Deadlift, 3 reps
                115/75 pound Push press, 7 reps

5 full rounds + 3 Deadlifts + 2 Push Presses
                Weight: 185/73

I thought I was going to have to lower the weight on the push presses at first. Could feel it a bit in my left arm but I readjusted my grip closer and got through it no problem (besides almost dropping the weight on my head cause my arms were jello - a bit sore from yesterdays WOD).

Feeling really good right now. Could be the lifter's high....or the White Flood.

Comment

Just registered for Memorial Day Murph

http://memorialdaymurph.homestead.com/

I just registered to do Murph on Memorial Day. All proceeds go to 3 great charities. Lone Survivor, Wounded Warriors and Lt. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Scholarship Foundation. It's only $25 to register. And of course you can always donate more!!!

"Murph"

For time:
                  1 mile Run
                  100 Pull-ups
                  200 Push-ups
                  300 Squats
                  1 mile Run

In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.

This workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it "Body Armor". From here on it will be referred to as "Murph" in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

Comment

May 17
                    Thruster 2-2-2-2-2-2-2

63# - 73 - 83 - 88 - 93 - 63 - 63

Really pushing my luck with shoulders lately. Lowering the bar was tough. My arms are really sure from shoulders down to elbows from the last few days. Tomorrow will be a rest day.

And in case you're wondering what the heck a thruster is:

Comment

SealFit -Modified "Snatch It"

May 20
                      WOD #1:
                      100 Hang Power Snatches AFAP 75/55
                      Time: 12:12 (hit 50 reps @ 5:16)
                      Weight: 43#

Started with 53# from the ground but after 7 reps I knew there was no way I could do it without killing my back. So dropped the weight down.

WOD #2:
                      5 Rounds
                      3 Overhead Squat (85% of 1rm)
                      10 Body Blast
                      50m Buddy Carry
                      Time: 27:52
                      Weight 53# 20# on buddy carry

This was tough. I went lighter on my squats which felt good. A body blast is a burpee to pull up to knees to elbow. You try to make it a fluid motion. I said "try". I paced myself on these. I could feel my hands were going to tear, and they did on the last 2. I was going to sub farmers walk for my buddy carry but after doing it in the first round (hard on my grip after the pull ups) I went back to a buddy carry. I used a medicine ball as my buddy.

WOD #3:
                      1 Mile run
                      Time: Somewhere around 10 minutes. I messed up and didn't time it right. Hit the wrong button on my watch.

Comment

Sgt. Matthew T. Abbate

May 22

"Abbate"

Run 1 mile
                        155 Pound Clean and Jerk - 21 reps
                        Run 800 meters
                        155 Pound Clean and Jerk - 21 reps
                        Run 1 mile

U.S. Marine Corps Sergeant Matthew T. Abbate, 26, of Honolulu, HI, assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, based out of Camp Pendleton, CA, was killed on December 2, 2010, while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

He is survived by his wife Stacie Rigall, son Carson, mother Karen Binion, father Salvatore Abbate, and siblings Dominica Abbate, Elliot Abbate, Valerie Binion, and Kelly Binion.

Run 1 mile
                        63 Pound Clean and Jerk - 21 reps
                        Run 800 meters
                        63 Pound Clean and Jerk - 21 reps
                        Run 1 mile
                        Time: 36:58
                        Last edited by bull.dogz; 05-22-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Seven rounds of:
                          35 Double-unders
                          1 Snatch

Make one snatch attempt per round.
                          Post time and total of all successful snatches to comments. Do not count missed reps.

53 - miss - miss - 58 - 53 - 53 - miss Time: 11:24 Total: 217

2nd attempt later on:

33 - 38 - 43 - 43 - 48 - 48 - 48 Time: 12: 30 Total: 301

Slower by a minute but made each lift. That's 490 double under's today. I couldn't string them along for nothing today. It was horrible.

Comment

Mr. Joshua

"Mr. Joshua"

Five rounds for time of:
                            Run 400 meters
                            30 Glute-ham sit-ups (to parallel)
                            250 pound Deadlift, 15 reps (weight: 145#)
                            Time: 28:54

Modified this one because I knew it would kill my back. I almost gave up going into my 4th round. Did the 400m run and then almost bowed out. After a couple of minutes rest I finished it. My calves are so sore from yesterday's double unders. My legs in general are really tired from all the work. Tomorrow will be a much needed rest day.

SO1 Joshua Thomas Harris, 36, drowned during combat operations, August 30th 2008 in Afghanistan. He is survived by his parents Dr. Sam and Evelyn Harris, his brother Ranchor and twin sister Kiki.
                            Last edited by bull.dogz; 05-24-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

One day I'm going to do this.

Comment

Working...
                              X