• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sore today. Everything hurts.

Push press 5x5 @ 40kg

DB press: 20# - 15, 6, 5

Dips w/blue band: 16, 8, 5

Pulldowns w/green band: 10, 10
    So sore I couldn't even get 1 pull up today.

T-bar 20kg: 15, 12

laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Crossfit Total:
      Squat: 106/233 PR

Shoulder press:
      42/93 PR

Deadlift:
      120/264 (last max 130 )

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Deadlifts (reps)

Deadlift Warmup:
        men's barx10, x5
        60x3, x5
        80x5 - thought I had 70 here
        90x3
        95x3
        90xamrap: 12 (belt & straps)

4" blocks w/96kgxamrap: 12

Pause squats 2xamrap:
        20x5
        50x5
        55x5
        60x5
        65x8, x8

Sub GHR's for leg curls (rest pause; used box to push off of): 10, 5, 5

3x400m run
        50 double unders

Planks: 3x1min
        Glute bridges: 3x10

Low back is still tight for whatever reason. I'm literally having to stretch everything between each exercise. I went to the chiro Friday and other than my dislocated rib low back and everything else was fine. Felt like a good day today.

Comment

• Back squats:
          63x3
          74x3x2
          84x3x2

Snatch (dbl):
          20, 25, 30, 35
          40x2x2
          45 (miss - knee)
          45 (miss - front)

Clean n Jerk (2+2):
          50 (double jerks hurts my wrist, can only do c+j, c+j)
          Supposed to go up in weight but anything more than 45 hurts to jerks.

Good mornings: barx6x4

Planks 3x1m

Snatches felt better today. Starting to get the flow of things again. My legs feel a lot better today then it did last week. Not as sore. Low back is a little tight but not as bad as before.

Comment

• Snatch: 20x2/3, 25x2/2, 30x3, 35x2, 40, 43, 43, 45, 45

Clean & Jerk: 35, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60

Good day of lifting, no misses. Wrist is feeling better. I've been jerking off my fingers which helps not irritate my wrist. Racked in hands on 60 and could feel it a bit on my wrist but not so bad that I couldn't jerk. Progress.

Bench ~ speed
            Bench:
            25x6
            30x5
            36 8x3

Pause 1" over chest
            30x8
            33x8

Seated ohp - rest pause w/20kg
            15, 8, 6

Pull ups 3xamrap
            5, 4, 3

DB rows w/35#
            12, 11

Pulldowns w/green band: 15
            Dips w/red band: 10, 9

Comment

• Week 5

Snatch: 20, 20, 25, 30, 35, 35, 40, 43, 45, 48, 50, 35x2
              Caught the 50 on my toes but saved it. No c&j's today. Wrist doesn't feel that great.

Squat @ 74kg: 9 (w/belt)

Wide stance w/45kg:
              12, 6, 6

Lunges (walking 2 sets):
              11, 10

Side bends w/26# kb:
              15, 12, 13

OHS w/25kg - 50
              22, 13, 15
              These are supposed to be unbroken but my head started pounding every time I got past about 10 reps. Felt like something was squeezing the crown of my skull. I had to stop so it would stop to get it to stop hurting.

Chris was yelling at me in the background to push my knees out, when I did that I was able to go past parallel, so I need to work on my squats.

Planks: 3x1m
              Head hurt when I did these too. And even now it still hurts off and on.

Comment

• Push press 55x5
                Just realized I was supposed to do 5 sets of 4 but I only worked up to 55.
                Good thing I'm cute.

Incline DB press w/30#: 15, 10, 8
                Got that horrible pain in my head again during the 2nd set.

Dips w/red band: 10, 9

Pull ups: 5, 4

T bar rows w/20kg: 10, 11
                I could do more but I stopped everytime I started to feel that pain come on.

I have a chiro appointment today. I'm pretty sure my neck is the problem. Hope she can fix it.

Comment

• So I was right, my C1 was misaligned. Got everything straightened out yesterday. Other than a headache all day from getting adjusted I felt pretty good. No pain in my back or shoulders though.

Deadlifts:
                  50x5
                  60x5
                  70x5
                  85 10x1
                  Used the men's bar today...almost added too much weight again but caught it before I started. Also just stuck with an overhand grip instead of mixed. I swear I felt a lot faster than I looked in the video.

Snatch grip on 4"
                  1st: 19
                  2nd: 18
                  I was actually afraid to do this. Anything over 10 reps was what was making my head feel like exploding. I could have done more on that first set but I felt my head starting to hurt and didn't want to push it. Not feeling any pressure at the base of my skull so it was just a headache and not my neck.

Squats w/40kg:
                  1st: 10
                  2nd: 10
                  Didn't even warm up for this. Being lazy.

Ghr (pushed off a box) RP:
                  8, 7, 6

Planks w/10kg:
                  3x1 min
                  Glute bridges:
                  3x10

Comment

• HI Laurie - one thing I noticed on your OHP (might be contributing to your neck issues?) is you kind of throw your head back and the bar looks like it maybe has a sort of weird travel path as you press it up. Hard to say for sure from the angle of the video, but you may be putting excess pressure on your upper spin/neck area. I found this Rippetoe video a few months ago that helped me out with that initial thrust and a better bar path: http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...g_to_press_2.0

You get your thrust from the hips, rather than dipping a little and then thrusting up. Anyway, it helped me, thought it might help you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggsTheGoalie View Post
                      HI Laurie - one thing I noticed on your OHP (might be contributing to your neck issues?) is you kind of throw your head back and the bar looks like it maybe has a sort of weird travel path as you press it up. Hard to say for sure from the angle of the video, but you may be putting excess pressure on your upper spin/neck area. I found this Rippetoe video a few months ago that helped me out with that initial thrust and a better bar path: http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...g_to_press_2.0

My chiropractor says it's from the way I jerk, cause I snap my head back. You crack your chin enough times the head snaps back. Lol! Thanks, I'll check it out.

You get your thrust from the hips, rather than dipping a little and then thrusting up. Anyway, it helped me, thought it might help you.

Comment

• Squat - Max

Squat - 3rm
                        45x5
                        55x5
                        102 PR

Good mornings w/25kg:
                        1st: 15
                        2nd: 15
                        Had actually did the 1st set after the 100x3. Coach said I could do more so I went up to 102, than did 2nd set of gm's.

Split squats w/25# DB:
                        1st: 10
                        2nd: 12
                        Burn, burn, burn!!!

Weighted situps w/25# plate:
                        1st: 14
                        2nd: 12
                        3rd: 12

Glute Bridges:
                        3x10

Comment

• Had my weightlifting meet yesterday. Went 4 for 6. Took 1st place in my weight division and 3rd in Masters. Pretty happy.

Comment

• Deadlifts - Reps

1xAMRAP
                            70x5x2
                            80x5
                            90x5
                            95x3
                            100x3
                            104x10

1XAMRAP 4" Blocks
                            111x8
                            Thought I was going spew.

Pause Squats 2xAMRAPS @ 74kg (w/belt)
                            1: 10
                            2: 6

GHR's (pushed off box)
                            1: 6
                            2: 6
                            3: 5

Planks 3x1:30m
                            Glute Briges 3x10

This was supposed to be upper body day but I had to move things around since I won't have as much time or room at the gym on Thursday for deads.

Comment

• Tonights squat pr. PL meet in 5 weeks.

Comment

• Tonights squat pr. PL meet in 5 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X