Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW / WF questions

Hi,

I am used to drink PW during weight lifting and that's great, but I will start using WF tomorrow and I am not sure of how to use them the best.

I was thinking of drinking WF as soon as I get in the gym, so by the time I'm done with changing and warm up cardio my 15-20 minutes should be done. Then I would sip on PW during the work out. Does that seem ok?

Also, I have entered a fitness competition at my gym and one of the part is how many stairs I can climb in 5 minutes on a machine, I'd love to be able to sip on pw there but I just cannot as I go too fast.... To optimize it, should I drink with WF pre-contest ?
    (I'm looking forward to be less tired in the legs...)

Thanks!

Originally posted by geearf View Post
    Hi,

I am used to drink PW during weight lifting and that's great, but I will start using WF tomorrow and I am not sure of how to use them the best.

I was thinking of drinking WF as soon as I get in the gym, so by the time I'm done with changing and warm up cardio my 15-20 minutes should be done. Then I would sip on PW during the work out. Does that seem ok?

Also, I have entered a fitness competition at my gym and one of the part is how many stairs I can climb in 5 minutes on a machine, I'd love to be able to sip on pw there but I just cannot as I go too fast.... To optimize it, should I drink with WF pre-contest ?
    (I'm looking forward to be less tired in the legs...)

Thanks!

WF 15-20 min before workout
    PW during

For the contest, you could take 1 scoop PW with the WF preworkout

Or get a Camelback filled with PW and be the envy of the challenge

Comment

Thanks.

The camelback would be great cause I get really super thirsty doing these things, but I'm not sure where to get one, maybe I can just create one myself.

Comment

You can pretty much get a camelback anywhere. Try your closest sporting goods store.
        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

I would think having the weight of the camelback for something as short as 5 min would be a hinderance rather than beneficial, but you can grab them at places such as REI/Bass Pro Shop

Comment

So a little feedback + questions

Yesterday I had half a scope of WF and did not feel anything...
            Today I took a full scoop, but I also double the amount of mucuna pruriens I usually take (in case it impacts anything...)

About 20 minutes in I started feeling like a beast, I felt a little more and I would be roaring like a lion in the gym (seriously). Usually I spend too much time between reps, but today I would just re-adjust the weight and back in right away! It was crazy.

At the same time I Loved it and was a little scare on my "breaks", because so much "speed" like feeling is kind of scary (or maybe because once when I took a 1MR sample it really fucked me like crazy, and I was afraid of something like this happening?).

This was my leg workout, but I could not stop thinking of how much I wanted to do a bench press on this and see how it would go.

20-30 minutes later, it was mostly gone... No more beast like feeling, still a little jitter in my hands movement (bad precision and not able to think straight at 100%) but it was mostly over... I actually felt kind of sad and wanted it again...

So I am not sure how to dose it?
            Should I "ride the wave" by taking 1 scoop pre-workout, and mix half with PW intra-workout? or something else?
            I take 1 scoop of PW intra-workout.

I drunk more water than ever so maybe it washed it away?
            Also, something totally messed up my stomach, it is possible that that washed it away too (could be the mucuna pruriens though).

At the same time, I work right after the gym, so I'm kind of happy to not roar anymore, I don't want to do that to my boss if he gives me some work I don't like

Anyway, I'm open to your ideas.

Thanks!
            Last edited by geearf; 05-13-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Very different results today.

So this morning I felt like something was about to come out with WF, but actually nothing really happened, I was quite disappointed.
              I did not felt as thirsty as last time, did not feel like roaring or just keeping on lifting more and more etc...

Potential differences with last Friday that could explain it:
              1- I did not sleep a lot yesterday night and I am pretty tired
              2- My workout this week is more reps less weight, which does not make me grunt that much by default, so maybe WF's outcome depends on the intensity of the workout.
              3- I believe I took WF with more water, and 5 minutes later I took a glass of clear water.
              4- If related, unlike Friday my sexual desire is close to null because of 1-, and that it was taken care of this week end.
              5- Weirdly enough, I took a bit more than 1 scoop this time, maybe 1 + 1/5, whereas last time I only had 1.
              6- Because I was a bit scared of getting too much energy at once, and I read here and there that carbs could help, I added a bit of sugar (not even half a tsp) to the mix.

Not sure what else.
              Oh I am getting way less tingling from PW, maybe my body is getting used to the BA ?

Thanks!

Comment

Ooops forgot about
                7-I had a bottle of ashwagandha somnifera that I started taking again friday night, not sure what it really does though.

Comment

Not sure what else.
                  Oh I am getting way less tingling from PW, maybe my body is getting used to the BA ?

Thanks!
                  This is exactly it. Your body gets used to the BA tingles, so you don't notice 'em. Not feeling the tingles DOESN'T mean the product isn't working, as some people think

Comment

Ok that part I kin of get (and frankly I'm happy about it), but I don't feel much with WF...
                    Is it possible that the first time with 1 scoop my body was "shocked" but now it needs 2 scoops? (I have not tried yet).
                    I'm 183lbs if that helps...

Thanks!

Comment

Ok that part I kin of get (and frankly I'm happy about it), but I don't feel much with WF...
                      Is it possible that the first time with 1 scoop my body was "shocked" but now it needs 2 scoops? (I have not tried yet).
                      I'm 183lbs if that helps...

Thanks!

Some people just need 2 scoops. Just means thats how your body reacts to caffeine

Comment

Ok.
                        Should I just try 2 or start with 1.5?
                        Thanks!

Comment

Ok.
                          Should I just try 2 or start with 1.5?
                          Thanks!
                          If you didnt react at all to 1 scoop, I would try 2.

Make sure you take it on an empty stomach (I usually eat about 1.5-2 hours before I work out).

Comment

Hmmm, I take it about an hour after breakfast, I cannot do much better...
                            Is that ok?
                            thanks

Comment

Hmmm, I take it about an hour after breakfast, I cannot do much better...
                              Is that ok?
                              thanks
                              If thats the best you can do you can make it work, but it could blunt the effect of the stimulants taking a full meal that near dosing

Comment

Working...
                              X