Upright Rows [2 sets]
    50 x 15, 60 x 12 - no change
    Lateral Raises [3 sets]
    10 x 16, 15 x 14, 20 x 12 - no change

Workout Duration: 95 minutes
    Serving Size:
    Orange Triad: 2 capsules with breakfast; lunch; dinner
    Equate Fish Oil: 2 capsules with breakfast; 1 with lunch; 1 with dinner
    Jamieson Laboratories Vitamin C: 1g with breakfast; 500mg lunch; 1g postworkout
    Razor8 Blast Powder: 1 scoop 15 minutes preworkout
    Purple PsyKO: 2 scoops intraworkout
    XF Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein: 2 scoops postworkout

Notes
    Well finally I had a day off work and I couldn't have felt better. It's been pretty hectic lately so it was nice to have a day to relax and focus strictly on my workout. I lounged around the house for most of the day and hit the gym in the early afternoon to avoid the 5PM rush. I managed to get three solid meals in me before I hit the weights and my water intake was pretty decent, coming in at close to a liter after only 4 hours of being awake lol. I don't want to bore you with the particulars, so let's get right into my first hypertrophy workout of the week...

Enhanced Endurance
    My overall muscular endurance was definitely on point today, in that I didn't have any issues whatsoever during my workout. Both my back and shoulder muscles were able to hold out until the end of each exercise and I actually finished strong as well, fighting through the start of lactic acid buildup. Speaking of which, I have found that so far this log, the Purple PsyKO has done a great job of fighting off any lactic acid, giving my muscles the freedom to really push it to the limit. Unfortunately I'm going to have to workout first thing in the morning tomorrow so I'm hoping that this enhanced endurance carries over in such a little amount of time.

Increased Training Intensity
    Well after the absence of that alpha mentality the last couple days, I finally regained it during my workout today. I felt like a beast as I completed each set and I think this had something to do with working the two muscles that make you look really wide. In between sets I probably walked around like I had I.B.S. (invisible briefcase syndrome), but I didn't care because I felt like the strongest brah in there. This translated into some pretty decent lifts, and although I didn't up the weights on a lot of exercises, I did improve my close grip pulldowns, which is a compliment in itself.

Improved Pump
    As I just mentioned, I felt really wide working back and shoulders together today, and this was because I got an awesome pump going right from the onset of my workout. I really focused on forcing the blood to the muscle being worked, and as a result my upper body felt really full and tight. I don't have much to comment on in terms of vascularity today since the veins in my shoulders aren't at the surface yet and well, your back is your back lol. Finally, I should note that the veins in my forearms and bicep were quite pronounced thanks to the white knuckle grip that I had during each set.

Enhanced Recovery
    Waking up this morning, I didn't have any DOMS or soreness anywhere in my body and only some slight stiffness from lying dormant for so long. I also had the first part of the day to relax so that my body was fully prepared for my workout. I took the time to visualize my lifts before I got to the gym and I literally tensed my body in the exact same way that I would when I was doing the lift. I found that this helps me to keep good form as I am mimicking the feeling that I had when picturing the lift. I know this is a little off topic and might seem a little advanced, but mental visualization is definitely an acquired talent that takes many years and much practice to master. But once you have it down, it works wonder for the mind-muscle connection that you have with the weights!

Comments
    Overall, this was definitely one of the better workouts that I've had so far this log. Not only did I feel strong today, I also felt confident lifting the weights, telling me that I'm getting stronger and have made progress since last week. I think I prefer a tangy tasting Purple PsyKO as it's almost like a shock to the system with each sip. I'm loving Layne's updated power/hypertrophy workout and I feel as though it compliments the Purple PsyKO well since it's ingredients are ideal for bulking. My weight is slowly, but steadily going up and I am retaining little fat, so hopefully this pattern continues as we make our way through this log.

What's Ahead in Day 11?
    Finally Friday is upon us, but unfortunately I have to work this weekend, well Saturday at least. I have to work the close shift tomorrow so that means that I have to workout first thing in the morning. I'm going to try and get as much sleep as I can tonight so that I'm ready to go for my chest and arms hypertrophy workout. I may be a little stiffer first thing in the morning, but I usually find that I am full of energy, so getting the Razor8 and the PsyKO in me should translate into a killer workout. Here's to hoping brahs...

And of course, we end this log entry with...

Comment

Looks like things are coming along!

Comment

CAMPAIGN GOES NORMAN BATES WITH
        CONTROLLED LABS' "PURPLE PSYKO" LOG

DAY 11

"I'm going max..
        got me knocking suckers on they back!"

And my macros for Thursday...

Sleep Duration: 7 hours
        Workout: Chest Hypertrophy
        Flat DB Press [6 sets]
        70 x 3, 70 x 3, 70 x 3, 70 x 3, 70 x 3, 70 x 3
        Incline DB Press [3 sets]
        60 x 12, 70 x 10, 80 x 8
        Hammer Strength Chest Press [3 sets]
        90 x 12, 110 x 10, 140 x 8
        Incline DB Flyes [2 sets]
        45 x 17, 55 x 15
        DB Front Raises (Palms Up) [3 sets]
        10 x 12, 15 x 10, 20 x 8

Workout Duration: 65 minutes
        Serving Size:

Notes
        Well I know that I said yesterday that I would be working both chest and arms hypertrophy today, but because I had to go into work early, I decided to just focus on chest and leave my arms for tomorrow. I didn't want to rush to get my entire workout in, so this allowed me to really concentrate on the muscles that I was working so that I could maximize muscle growth. I did have to workout first thing this morning, which I usually don't like doing, but today went better than I expected. I was able to get a high carb breakfast in me and even managed to drink quite a bit of water before I started lifting. So enough talking, let's get right to it...

Enhanced Endurance
        One positive thing about working out in the morning is that I normally feel quite refreshed and full of energy heading into my workout. Today served as no exception and this translated into my overall muscular endurance being quite impressive. I had no issues with lactic acid and it seemed as though my pecs held out a little longer than usual. In fact, I felt as though I still could have done a few more sets after I was finished! However, at the risk of overtraining, I headed to the changeroom and got my postworkout protein shake in me instead lol.

Well I wasn't overly intense today heading into my workout, mainly due to the fact that I was lifting first thing in the morning, but once I got the Razor8 in me my energy levels were through the roof. At first I thought that it was going to be another day without that alpha mentality, but after finishing my first few sets of flat presses I was overcome with that alpha feeling. This remained for the duration of my workout and I actually still had some energy once I was finished. I forgot to mention that at one point today I caught a group of brahs 'mirin when I was doing incline presses...this made me lul as it isn't even my heaviest set yet.

Improved Pump
        One thing that I absolutely love about chest day is that I always get a wicked pump going and this was definitely the case today! Right from my first couple sets I could feel the blood rushing to my pecs and they felt unbelievably full and tight. I even tried to enhance this pump by flexing my chest in between sets, but they were already so pumped that this was almost painful to do, haha. I don't have much to note in terms of vascularity but it does seem that the striations in between my pecs are even more pronounced than they've ever been. It looks sick in the mirror and in pictures!

Enhanced Recovery
        I find that working out first thing in the morning is a little bit of a double edged sword when it comes to recovery since I usually feel refreshed and reenergized first thing upon waking. But at the same time, I'll also have a little bit of stiffness throughout my body because of laying dormant for so long. Luckily I have to drive about 30 minutes to get to the gym, so this was more than enough time to shake the last little bit of stiffness. Once I got into the thick of my workout my recovery continued to be on point, as all I needed was a couple sips of the PsyKO and a couple deep breaths and I was ready to go again.

Comments
        Looking back on today, I'm glad that I decided to work only chest today and leave arms for tomorrow. I didn't want to rush through my workout just to get everything finished and instead wanted to ensure that each muscle group achieved hypertrophy this week. I got an unreal pump going in my pecs and the striations that I'm seeing lately are quite impressive. I'm finally seeing visual signs that I am well on my way to not only my bulking goal, but my ideal physique as well.

What's Ahead in Day 12?
        Well normally I would be working lower body hypertrophy on Saturday, but since I only worked chest today this workout will get pushed to Sunday and I'll work arms hypertrophy tomorrow. I always love working arms as they are one of my weaker muscle groups, if not the weakest. For some reason they seem to grow incredibly slowly, no matter what kind of stimulation I give them. Unfortunately I have to work again tomorrow, but the good news is that I'll be working out in the early evening. I'm going to make sure that my diet is on point as well as my water intake so that I set myself up for success.

And finally, I leave you with some weekend motivation...

Comment

DAY 12

"I ain’t calling names cuz all of y’all the same, plus...
          I’m the king, all my past pain all done changed up!"

And my macros from Friday...

Workout: Arms Hypertrophy
          Seated EZ Bar Preacher Curls [3 sets]
          60 x 12, 70 x 10, 80 x 7
          Concentration Curls [2 sets]
          20 x 15, 25 x 12
          Spider Curls [2 sets]
          50 x 12, 60 x 12
          Seated Tricep Extensions [3 sets]
          60 x 12, 70 x 10, 80 x 8
          Rope Pushdowns [2 sets]
          50 x 15, 60 x 12
          Single Arm Cable Kickbacks [2 sets]
          20 x 17, 25 x 15

Workout Duration: 70 minutes
          Serving Size:

Notes
          Well the weekend is officially upon us and I couldn't be happier! Unfortunately I had to work today before I got to hit the weights but I wasn't too concerned as Saturday's usually seem to fly by. The good news is that I have the day off from work tomorrow so I'll have lots of time to rest and carb up for my lower body hypertrophy workout. My big focus tomorrow will be making sure that I can get as much water in me as possible and that I also consume an adequate amount of carbs so that my glycogen levels are fully replenished for the start of the week. Anyways, enough about tomorrow, let's find out how my arm workout went...

Enhanced Endurance
          Overall, my muscular endurance was on point. I did experience some lactic acid buildup but this was only because I was going really slow on the negatives. Luckily, with the help of the PsyKO I was able to work through this pain and finish each set strong and with proper form. Once I got to the triceps portion of my workout I found that my endurance was slightly elevated, in that I felt like I could have busted out a couple more reps on a couple of the exercises, mainly seated extensions. Even though I'm feeling the effects of the work week a little, I'm hoping that this elevated endurance carries over to tomorrow since I'll need all the endurance that I can get for my legs!

Even though I was slightly fatigued from the strain of the work week, I was still pumped to hit the weights today since I love working arms (even though they are one of my weakest muscle groups). Right after I got the Razor8 in me and starting sipping on the Purple PsyKO, I could feel a surge of energy come over me, which lasted for the duration of my workout. Once again today I still had a little bit of energy left after I was finished my workout, but this was most likely due to the fact that I was only working arms and it is a smaller muscle group. The alpha mentality was present again today, although it didn't seem as strong as it did yesterday.

Improved Pump
          This was definitely the most impressive aspect of my workout today, as I always manage to get an unreal pump going in my arms when I work bi's and tri's on the same day. Right from my first set of preacher curls my bicep's felt really full and I could literally feel the blood rushing to the muscle as I flexed in between sets. The same thing goes for my triceps and my vascularity was impressive today also. My veins protruded through my skin and stuck out even further with each rep. I should note that I also like to white knuckle grip the dumbbell/barbell on each set since I find that it helps build up the strength and vascularity in my forearms.

Enhanced Recovery
          Well as I mentioned earlier, I was feeling the effects of the work week a little, in the sense that I didn't feel as energetic as I normally do during the day. I don't think that this had anything to do with recovery, since I actually felt pretty good waking up this morning. Once I got into the thick of my workout my overall recovery continued to stay in check as I needed little time to recover in between sets. In fact I actually tried to make a point of keeping my rest sets short today since Layne's suggests a maximum of 2 minutes on hypertrophy days. I should get more than 8 hours of sleep tonight so my muscular recovery shouldn't be an issue tomorrow.

Comments
          Overall, I am pretty satisfied with my workout today as I got an awesome pump going in my arms. I also felt as though I did a good job of tearing my muscles today, as I really focused on going slowly during the negative portion of each rep. I could feel the blood pumping to the muscles that I was working and my vascularity was off the charts as well! I find that the white knuckle grip really helps with forearms strength and it justifies me never working them on out their own lol. On a positive note, I just watched my Montreal Canadiens beat those phaggot Maple Laughs and it looks like they'll be playing Boston first round of the playoffs, GO HABS GO!

What's Ahead in Day 13?
          Well tomorrow is technically supposed to be a day of rest and carbing up, but since I had to work chest and arms separately this week I have to work lower body hypertrophy tomorrow. I will definitely get more than 8 hours of sleep tonight since I can sleep in as late as I want tomorrow, so my body should be fully recovered and ready for a tough legs workout. I'm also looking forward to carbing up as this means that I get to indulge in chocolate chip protein pan***** and a chicken & bacon alfredo pizza, haha. But not to worry, I'll be within my usual Sunday macronutrient range. So stay tuned brahs, we have a big Sunday ahead of us!

She makes working legs look good!

Comment

DAY 13

YES YES Y'ALL!!!!

And my macros for Saturday...

Sleep Duration: 8.5 hours
            Workout: Lower Body Hypertrophy
            Squats [6 sets]
            235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3
            Hack Squats [3 sets]
            230 x 12, 270 x 10, 320 x 8
            Les Press [2 sets]
            360 x 15, 450 x 12
            Romanian Deadlifts [3 sets]
            165 x 12, 185 x 10, 235 x 8
            Lying Leg Curls [2 sets]
            60 x 15, 75 x 12
            Seated Leg Curls [2 sets]
            75 x 19, 90 x 17
            Donkey Calf Raises [4 sets]
            80 x 11, 100 x 10, 120 x 9, 140 x 8
            Seated Calf Raises [3 sets]
            45 x 15, 55 x 14, 70 x 13

Workout Duration: 90 minutes
            Serving Size:
            Purple Wraath: 1 scoop 20 minutes preworkout
            SuperPump250: 1 packet 20 minutes preworkout
            Kaizen Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein: 2 scoops postworkout

Notes
            Well the weekend has come and gone and today seemed to fly by because I went to the gym to work lower body hypertrophy. The good news is that I had the day off from work, so I didn't do much except relax and lounge around the house for most of the day. I made extra sure that I was drinking water as often as I could and my diet consisted mainly of carbs in order to fully replenish my glycogen levels for Monday. This might be a little harder to do since I lifted today but I'll just have to up my carb intake slightly to meet my body's demands. Anyways, enough about my diet, let's get right into things today...

Enhanced Endurance
            Legs always takes a lot out of me, but thankfully my endurance was in check today. I think this is mainly due to the fact that it was a longer length of time between leg workouts this week, but I'm not complaining! During my heaviest set I was feeling the onset of lactic acid buildup, but I was able to fight through the fatigue and finish each set strong. One thing that I should note is that I tore up my hamstrings so badly today that it was painful to walk around in between rest sets. Of course this was a good thing and it did not affect any of my upcoming sets. Finally, I should mention that I was given another sample packet of the Wraath at a local supplement store so I downed this preworkout as per powercage's recommendation!

For some reason, I was really looking forward to this workout today. I normally just sit around the house all day Sunday, so I think I was excited to actually be doing something different for once lol. I didn't really have that alpha mentality today, but I did feel as though I worked out with a certain confidence that I haven't had before. It was like I walked around knowing that I would destroy the weights before I even attempted to lift them. I think that this is related to the visualization techniques that I've been using lately, as mentally it gives me the confidence to move some heavy ass weights.

Improved Pump
            Well I'm sure you noticed the change in my preworkout today from the Razor8 to SuperPump250. This was because I finished my tub of Razor8 and the SuperPump was the only thing that I could buy individually at the store. I plan on taking some time off from preworkout formulas with 1,3-dimethyl, plus I have 2 tubs of Serum in the mail heading my way. Anyways, the SuperPump250 gave me an insane pump today. Right after I was done my first exercise, squats, I could feel the blood rushing to my quads. The same thing goes for hams and calves and by the end of my workout it was actually painful to walk. This pump lasted even after I was finished and well into the drive home!

Enhanced Recovery
            After getting over 8 hours of sleep last night, naturally, I felt pretty good waking up this morning. I had no noticeable DOMS anywhere throughout my body and I wasn't even as stiff as I expected to be after sleeping for so long. Right when I got up I began carbing up, starting my day with protein pan***** with chocolate chips and syrup. Once I actually got into the thick of my workout my recovery continued to stay on point. Despite the fact that my legs burned after each set, this sensation seemed to disappear quite fast and after just a few sips of the PsyKO I was ready to go again. Since I don't truly have a day of rest this week I'm hoping that this enhanced recovery can carry over into tomorrow.

Comments
            Overall, this has been a solid weekend and I was quite pleased with my workout today. Taking the SuperPump250 gave me an incredible pump in my legs, to the point where it was actually difficult to walk near the end of my workout. Unfortunately I didn't think that my vascularity was as pronounced as my last couple of legs days, but the good thing is that my strength was great. I am going to continue carbing up today so that my glycogen levels are fully replenished tomorrow and I actually just finished my postworkout meal of steak, brown rice and green beans.

What's Ahead in Day 14?
            Well it's back to work tomorrow and I have to work first thing in the morning, which I don't mind at all, since I prefer working out in the early evening after a full day's worth of food. I'm not too concerned about working legs today since I'll be working upper body power tomorrow. I should get close to 8 hours of sleep tonight so I'm hoping that I wake up feeling reenergized and refreshed tomorrow. I am going to continue to drink lots of water and my diet will be back to normal after carbing up today. Here's to a strong start to the week brahs!

And in order to make that start a little easier, I present to you...

Last edited by CAMPAIGN; 04-10-2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

DAY 14

JUMP JUMP!!!!

And my macros from carb up Sunday...

Sleep Duration: 7.5 hours
              Workout: Upper Body Power
              Bent Over Rows [3 sets]
              185 x 5, 205 x 5, 225 x 5 - no change
              Wide Grip Pullups [2 sets]
              BW + 10lbs. x 10, BW + 25lbs. x 8
              Rack Chins [2 sets]
              BW x 10, BW + 25lbs. x 10 +25lbs.
              Flat DB Press [3 sets]
              70 x 12, 85 x 10, 100 x 8 +5lbs.
              Weighted Dips [2 sets]
              BW + 25lbs. x 10, BW + 45lbs. x 10
              Seated DB Shoulder Press [3 sets]
              50 x 12, 60 x 10, 75 x 8 +5lbs.
              Cambered Bar Curls [3 sets]
              65 x 12, 75 x 10, 85 x 8
              Skull Crushers [3 sets]
              80 x 12, 90 x 10, 100 x 8 +10lbs.

Workout Duration: 95 minutes
              Serving Size:
              Endorush Xtreme Strength: 1 bottle 20 minutes preworkout

Notes
              Well this past weekend flew by, most likely because I only had one day off work, so it was right back to the weight room; you know what they say...ain't no rest for the wicked! I had to work first thing this morning, which I actually prefer, since it gives me the opportunity to get a full day's worth of food in me before I lift. My diet was flawless today and it was easy to get it back on track after my carb up day yesterday. I seem to be doing something right as I'm slowly, but surely gaining lean muscle mass. I weighed myself today and I came in at 195.5lbs., which is 0.5lbs. more than what I was when I started. Anyways, added muscle mass will come with time, for now let's just focus on today's workout...

Enhanced Endurance
              After seeing the increase in my strength today, it's safe to say that my endurance was at the top of its game as well. Right from my first set of bent over rows I could tell that I was going to have a solid workout and that my muscles would hold out right to the very end of each set. In fact, now that I think of it, I don't even really remember experiencing any painful buildup of lactic acid...not even during my arms exercises! This enhanced endurance lasted all workout even though I was quite exhausted by the time that I was finished.

Well once again that alpha mentality was back during today's workout and I felt like the baddest muthaf*cka in the gym today. I lifted with confidence and walked around the weight room in between sets like I owned the place lol. Now don't get me wrong, I don't walk around like a phaggot, I just have a certain swagger in my step that I don't have every workout. This feeling lasted for my entire workout and translated into some big lifts today. Not only did I manage to increase the weights on a couple exercises, I also felt really confident doing it.

Improved Pump
              I got an awesome pump going in my upper body today and I felt huge as I walked around the gym. I'm finding that the rack chins are really helping to widen me out, as I can literally feel the blood pumping to my lats as I do them. I also got a strong pump going in my arms from just doing one exercise each for bi's and tri's, to the point that it was almost painful to flex them after I was finished. My vascularity was on point today as well and I should note that I even noticed veins protruding from my legs even though I didn't work any of my lower body today! This is more than welcomed and I'm hoping that this carries over to my lower body power day on Wednesday.

Enhanced Recovery
              Well after eating just over 400g's of carbs yesterday, I felt as though my glycogen levels were fully replenished waking up this morning. I also felt recharged and reenergized getting out of bed this morning, and it helps that I got almost 8 hours of sleep last night. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS anywhere in my body and only some minor stiffness from laying dormant for so long. Once I actually got to lifting my recovery continues to operate at an enhanced level. It seemed as though my upper body recovered quite quickly after a hard set and all I needed was a couple deep breaths and some PsyKO and I was raring to go again.

Comments
              Overall, this has been one of the best workouts of this log so far. I felt as though I had lots of energy today and my strength was through the roof! I managed to increase the weights on a couple of exercises and felt really confident doing it. It was nice that I had that alpha mentality today as I always seem to have my best workouts when this feeling is present. My pump was on point and this led to me having some pretty defined vascularity, even in my quads, despite the fact that I didn't touch my lower body today. Anyways, I'm hoping that this increased strength carries over into my lower body power day on Wednesday so I can continue raising the bar!

What's Ahead in Day 15?
              Rest! After working lower body hypertrophy this past Sunday, I thought that it would be best if I took my rest day tomorrow instead of Wednesday, so that my legs are fully recovered before I slaughter them again. Even though I won't be lifting tomorrow I am going to make sure that my diet is in check and that I'm drinking as much water as possible. Of course, I am going to lower my carb intake slightly, but it will be right back up there on Wednesday as I prepare for my lower body power workout. Stay posted brahs, as I have a feeling that this is going to be a big week!

And of course, I leave you brahs with...

Comment

DAY 15

"Everybody wanna be famous...
                Everybody's gonna blame us!"

And my macros for Monday...

Workout: Rest
                Serving Size:
                Jamieson Laboratories Vitamin C: 1g with breakfast; 500mg lunch; 1g dinner
                Kaizen Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein: 1 scoop AM; 1 scoop PM

Notes
                Well today was quite the interesting day to say the least. I had to work first thing this morning, which I don't mind since it gives me the chance to get a full day's worth of food in me before I lift, but around 3PM things just started going wrong. I had to deal with an irate customer on the phone while at the same time one of my employees is crying and telling me that she has to leave because her grandmother just had a heart attack. Of course, no one else could come in for her so I had to stay until close to cover her shift. Good thing that it was a rest day from the gym for me today! Anyways, the unfortunate part of this whole situation is that I only packed enough food to last me until the end of my shift, as I wasn't expecting to stay there all day, so nonetheless my diet suffered a little bit. I didn't get nearly as much food in me as I would have liked to so as soon as I got home I had a nice big plate of chicken and veggies lol. The good is that I managed to consume plenty of water today, probably close to 6 liters, but the timing was terrible since I had to leave the store unattended a couple times to go piss, haha. But enough about my work day from hell, let’s find out how the rest of my rest day went…

Enhanced Recovery
                I got just over 7 hours of sleep last night, which I felt was plenty of time for my body to recover after a tough upper body power day. Waking up this morning I didn’t have any noticeable DOMS anywhere throughout my body and only some minor stiffness from sleeping. The reason I took my rest day today was because I was afraid that I would still have some DOMS in my legs after working them this past Sunday, but surprisingly they were pain free and I probably could have worked them today lol. But sometimes it is good to give the body an extra day of rest. I should get just over 7 hours of sleep again tonight so I expect to feel refreshed and fully rested when I wake up tomorrow, with no DOMS or soreness in any of my muscles. Even if I do have some stiffness from lying dormant for so long it won’t be a big deal since I’ll have the entire day to stretch them out.

Comments
                Let’s just say that I’m glad that this day is finally over. Here I thought I would have an easy day since I wasn’t lifting today, but no, of course not lol. But it’s not a big deal, tomorrow is another day and I’m a soldier who will stop at no cost to reach my goals. If that means that I have to work 12 hours a day and then lift at midnight, then that’s what I am willing to do to. Just remember brahs, whenever you’re not training, or cheating on your diet, or staying up late I’m the guy that’s going balls to the wall with a flawless diet and getting 8+ hours of sleep a night. Now if that isn’t motivation enough for you then I don’t know what is!

What's Ahead in Day 16?
                Well I have to work again first thing tomorrow morning, which I prefer, since I get to the gym right after the 5 o'clock rush piles out. I am going to try and drink as much water as possible before I lift tomorrow so that I set my body up to have a strong workout. Once I actually get to the weights I'll be working lower body power, one of the toughest workouts of the week so I'm going to need all the energy and intensity that I can get! I'm hoping that I can up my numbers tomorrow and keep getting stronger while doing it. Stay tuned brahs as I have a good feeling about this one...

And finally, we get to the best part of this log...

Comment

DAY 16

"This body, this body holding me...
                  feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion."

And my macros from Tuesday...

Workout: Lower Body Power
                  Squats [3 sets]
                  225 x 5, 275 x 5, 315 x 5 +2 reps
                  Hack Squats [2 sets]
                  270 x 10, 360 x 6 +40lbs.
                  Leg Extensions [2 sets]
                  195 x 10, 210 x 8 +15lbs.
                  SLDL's [3 sets]
                  185 x 8, 205 x 8, 230 x 6 no change
                  Lying Leg Curls [2 sets]
                  75 x 10, 90 x 8 - no change
                  Standing Calf Raises [3 sets]
                  100 x 10, 120 x 10, 140 x 10 - no change
                  Seated Calf Raises [2 sets]
                  70 x 10, 90 x 10 - no change

Workout Duration: 100 minutes
                  Serving Size:

Notes
                  Well I was feeling pretty good by the time that I got off work today because I knew that I had a day off and the start of the playoffs for the Montreal Canadiens to look forward to. Naturally, this got me amped up for my workout as well, and once I got the Endorush in me this feeling was even further enhanced. I'm actually finding Endorush to be a decent preworkout even though I hate BSN lol. I'm trying to get by on just picking up individual packets as I wait to get my Serum in the mail. Anyways, I'm pretty pumped to talk about my workout today so let's get right into it...

Enhanced Endurance
                  Well just by looking at my numbers today it is pretty evident that I'm quite impressed with my overall muscular endurance today, especially in my quads. I managed to increase the weight on every quad dominated exercise and I felt good doing it too! After my first set of squats I wasn't really feeling my strength yet, but two sets later it was in place and I was firing on all cylinders. I tried to not think about the weights too much and instead just f*ckin lift them and this translated into some awesome numbers. This enhanced endurance lasted for the duration of my workout even though I was quite exhausted by the time that I was finished. Oh well, at least I know that I busted my ass today!

Like I just mentioned, after my first set of squats I really wasn't feeling it. My strength didn't seem to be in place yet and I couldn't fully focus my thoughts on my lifts. But after throwing on a little Tool I was able to get down to business and felt even stronger than I did last lower body power workout. After I repped out 315lbs. for 5 my confidence was through the roof and I felt like I could lift anything. This translated into some big lifts and like I said earlier, I managed to increase the weights on most quad dominated exercises. I didn't do too much walking around in between sets today since it was too painful, so instead I took this time to get my breathing under control and visualize my next lift.

Improved Pump
                  One thing that I like about working legs lately is that I've been getting a really good pump going in them, right from my quads down through my hams and into my calves. Subsequently, this has led to some crazy vascularity as well, as I never used to be able to see any veins in my legs. Now they protrude from my quads and run all the way down into my calves, it looks sick when I flex them lol. Much of the same happened today and my legs felt extremely tight by the end of my workout. It was actually painful to walk down the 25 stairs to get to the changeroom, thank god for hand rails, haha.

Enhanced Recovery
                  I've managed to get just over 7 hours of sleep the last couple nights and I've been waking up feeling rested and reenergized. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS waking up this morning, but I did have a little more stiffness than usual. I came to the realization that this was from the position that I slept in last night, as somehow I managed to tangle my arm up under my chest lol. However it wasn't a big deal and after some quick stretches in went away completely by lunch time. Once I got into my actual workout my recovery was in check. I always make a point of focusing on controlling my breathing during rest sets on legs day since I find that once that is under control I am good to go again. Plus I'm at a huge advantage with the Purple PsyKO in my corner, haha.

Comments
                  Overall, I had an absolutely awesome workout today. I wasn't expecting to up the weights on so many exercises, but I was just feeling it today and went as heavy as I could. I'm most pleased with the progress that I'm making on my squats since I felt as though I was stuck in a mini plateau right before I started this log. I got an amazing pump going in my entire leg today and once again my vascularity was impressive. As you can tell by my numbers my strength held out right until the end of my workout and I even felt as though I could have busted out a few extra reps during certain exercises. However, I don't want to risk overtraining as I still have lower body hypertrophy to look forward to this week.

What's Ahead in Day 17?
                  Even though I have the day off from work, I still have an interesting day ahead of me. I have to get up to attend an election meeting first thing in the morning since I'm running one of the polls for a decent amount of coin. Then I have to head right from there to the dentist to get a cleaning. After that I'll be hitting the gym and working some chest and arms hypertrophy, one of my favorite day's of my workout week so I should put up some big numbers. Finally I'll head home to watch my Habs get their first win over the Boston Booins. GO HABS GO!

And finally, a dedication to the start of the NHL playoffs...

Comment

DAY 17

"I'm pushin it (push)...
                    I'm pushin it (push)...
                    I'm pushin it (push)...
                    I gotta (push it to the limit!)"

And my macros for Wednesday...

Workout: Chest/Arms Hypertrophy
                    Flat DB Press [6 sets]
                    75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3 +5lbs.
                    Incline DB Press [3 sets]
                    60 x 12, 70 x 10, 85 x 8 +5lbs.
                    Hammer Strength Chest Press [3 sets]
                    90 x 12, 140 x 10, 160 x 8 +20lbs.
                    Incline DB Flyes [2 sets]
                    45 x 17, 55 x 15 - no change
                    Seated EZ Bar Preacher Curls [3 sets]
                    60 x 12, 70 x 10, 80 x 8 +1 rep
                    Concentration Curls [2 sets]
                    20 x 12, 25 x 12 - no change
                    Spider Curls [2 sets]
                    50 x 12, 60 x 12 - no change
                    Seated Tricep Extensions [3 sets]
                    60 x 12, 70 x 10, 80 x 8 - no change
                    Rope Pushdowns [2 sets]
                    50 x 15, 70 x 12 +10lbs.
                    Single Arm Cable Kickbacks [2 sets]
                    25 x 17, 30 x 15 +5lbs.

Serving Size:

Notes
                    Well it is currently the first intermission of the Habs vs. Booins game and the Habs are up 1-0 after 20 minutes! I hope that they can hold this lead as they're playing great. But anyways, enough about hockey lol. I had a much needed day off work today but was still pretty busy. I had to get up early to go to a training session then I had a dentist appointment shortly after. I hit the gym in the late afternoon, which was the perfect time for me since I had a good amount of food in me by then. So without further ado, let's find out how my chest and arms hypertrophy went today...

Enhanced Endurance
                    Well I had a pretty busy day, but I still got to rest my body for the most part, and I expected this to translate into a solid workout. This held true and my overall endurance was right on track. I didn't experience any lactic acid buildup and I was able to finish each set strong and with some added confidence. I seemed to really focus on squeezing the muscle being worked at the top of each rep and I was still able to finish each set completely. I am going to be working out first thing tomorrow so I'm hoping because of the short time in between workouts that this enhanced endurance carries over into tomorrow.

Well after sitting through a boring training course and a teeth cleaning, I couldn't wait to hit the weights! I could literally feel my adrenaline rising as I blasted the tunes out of my car with the windows down on the way to the gym. Right from my first set I pumped out each rep with an added aggressiveness, hence the reason why I was squeezing the muscle being worked so consistently today. This increased aggression lasted for most of my workout and in the end I was able to up the weights on a couple exercises as a result. At one point I think I actually caught a brah mirin in the mirror while I was doing incline DB presses lol.

Improved Pump
                    One thing that I love about working both chest and arms is that I can always get an awesome pump going in both muscle groups. Once I found out that this workout combined the two on the same day I was amped just thinking about what an insane pump that I would get. Today served as no exception, as both my pecs, bi's and tri's felt really pumped and full. No matter which muscle I worked I could feel the blood rushing to them and the veins protrude out further and further with each rep. By the end of my workout they were thick and ran from my forearms all the way up through my bicep's and disappeared under my delts. At one point my arms felt so pumped that they were almost painful to flex, haha.

Enhanced Recovery
                    After not having to get up early for work I felt quite good waking up this morning. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS and I actually felt refreshed and reenergized despite getting close to seven and a half hours sleep. It helps that I was sitting down for most of the morning as this gave me some extra time to rest my body before I hit the gym. Once I got into the thick of things my recovery remained good, in that I had no issues with it whatsoever. I was pretty tired after a couple of my heavy sets but nothing that the Purple PsyKO and a couple of deep breaths couldn't handle.

Comments
                    Overall, today was a really solid workout and a strong start to the hypertrophy aspect of my week. Every part of my workout was on point from my strength to my overall muscular endurance. Looking at the numbers, I was able to increase the weights on three exercises today and I'm aiming to go even heavier next week! My pump is always insane when I work chest and arms and today I felt huge as I walked around the gym in between sets. I weighed myself after I finished and I came in at 195.6, so I'm up +0.6lbs. since I've started this log and I know that this has all been lean muscle mass. I'm hoping that I can continue to gain weight, but I know that will take time so let's win each workout and then we'll win the bulking battle.

What's Ahead in Day 18?
                    Well like I mentioned earlier I have to workout first thing in the morning tomorrow since I have to work the close shift at work. This isn't my first choice of time to workout but I don't have any other option; I'm used to it by now and it shouldn't be an issue at all. Once I actually get to the gym I'll be working back and shoulders hypertrophy, it isn't my favorite workout but I still enjoy it nonetheless. Well my Habs just beat the Boston Booins 2-0 and I couldn't be happier. I have a feeling that this is going to carry over into tomorrow morning's workout and I might just put up some explosive numbers! GO HABS GO!

And of course, we have to keep this winning streak going...

Comment

DAY 18

"Blackened is the end,
                      winter it will send.
                      Throwing all you see...
                      into obscurity!"

And my macros from Thursday...

Workout: Back/Shoulders Hypertrophy
                      Bent Over Rows [6 sets]
                      170 x 3, 165 x 3, 170 x 3, 170 x 3, 170 x 3, 170 x 3 - no change
                      Rack Chins [3 sets]
                      BW x 12, BW x 10. BW + 25lbs. x 8 +25lbs.
                      Seated Cable Rows [3 sets]
                      110 x 12, 120 x 10, 130 x 8 - no change
                      DB Rows [2 sets]
                      60 x 15, 70 x 12 - no change
                      Close Grip Pulldowns [2 sets]
                      130 x 17, 140 x 15 - no change
                      Seated DB Press [3 sets]
                      50 x 12, 60 x 10, 70 x 8 - [/b]no change[/b]
                      Upright Rows [2 sets]
                      55 x 15, 65 x 12 +5lbs.
                      Lateral Raises [3 sets]
                      10 x 16, 15 x 14, 20 x 12 - no change

Workout Duration: 85 minutes
                      Serving Size:
                      1M.R.: 1 packet 20 minutes preworkout

Notes
                      Well as I mentioned at the end of my log entry yesterday, I had to workout first thing this morning since I was scheduled the closing shift at work today. I usually don't really like lifting first thing in the morning because I only get the chance to eat one meal prior, but today I didn't seem to mind it. I made sure that I got a good breakfast in me and I actually upped my carb intake slightly to ensure that I had enough fuel for my workout. I also made sure to drink as much water as I could as soon as I got up so that I wasn't dehydrated after sleeping for almost 8 hours. Looking back, this might not have been the best idea as I had to piss badly while I was still 5 minutes away. Luckily I made it there just in time to relieve myself lol. Anyways, enough about my overactive bladder, haha...let's find out how my second hypertrophy workout of the week went...

Enhanced Endurance
                      One positive thing about working out in the morning is that my endurance always seemed to be top notch, most likely because I just slept and recharged for 8 hours prior. Today served as no exception, as I had no issues with my endurance whatsoever. In fact I was quite impressed with it considering the high volume that this particular workout calls for. I didn't experience any lactic acid buildup and my muscles were able to hold out eight to the end of each set; even my shoulders, which was surprising since they got some secondary work during chest yesterday. This enhanced endurance lasted for the duration of my workout and I even felt like I could have endured some more muscle tearing, but at the risk of overtraining and being limited by time I had to end it there. I'm hoping that my body can hold out for one more day in this department as I only have lower body hypertrophy left this week and need all the endurance that I can get!

Although I always feel rested and reenergized waking up in the morning, one thing I lack is aggressive intensity. I don't know if this is because I had just been laying dormant for 8 hours or because my adrenal system has reset itself temporarily overnight, but regardless, perworkouts are crucial for me for morning workouts! I just finished my tin of Razor8 and am still waiting for my Serum in the mail, so in the meantime I've been getting by on sample packs lol. Today I used 1M.R., and although its nowhere near my favorite preworkout I can't deny that it gives you insane amounts of energy. Once I threw on some Blackened by Metallica my intensity was taken to the next level and I was literally itching to start lifting! These levels remained high for the length of my workout and I even had some energy left after I was finished, most likely because it was still early in my day. Normally when I take 1M.R. I tend to crash about an hour later but no such thing happened today. Regardless White Flood and Razor8 continue to be my top preworkout and top stimmed out preworkout, respectively.

Improved Pump
                      I love working back and shoulders because once I get a pump going I look so wide, haha. I literally walk around the gym looking like I'm carrying invisible suitcases under my arms even though I'm not trying to look like this! Today I could feel the blood rushing to my lats as soon as I finished my first set of bent over rows. In order to enhance this pump even further I made a point of flexing the muscle being worked in between sets. This pump lasted for the duration of my workout to the point that it was almost sore to flex my muscles near the end. I don't have much to comment on in regards to vascularity since veins are not yet visible in my shoulder and/or back, but once I start cutting it'll be a whole new ball game!

Enhanced Recovery
                      Well I find that as I near the end of the week my body starts to catch up with me, in the sense that it is not as fresh and pliable as it is at the beginning of the week. This is most likely due to the fact that I am busting my ass in the gym everyday and not getting a full 8 hour sleep afterwards. As a result, it takes that little bit of extra effort to ensure that each workout is a successful one. Waking up today I felt pretty good, with no DOMS and only some minor stiffness. Unfortunately it took me a little longer than usual to stretch out this stiffness and I could actually feel some of it during the early part of my workout, but it went away shortly after and did not interfere at all.

Comments
                      Well despite having to workout first thing this morning, I am overall quite satisfied with the progress that I made today. I only increased the weights on one exercise, that being upright rows, but the most important thing to me was the fact that I felt a lot more confident lifting the same weights that I did last week. What I mean by this is that every week each lift is getting progressively easier, telling me that either the weights are getting lighter or I'm getting stronger...and I'm pretty confident in saying that it's the latter lol. I'm using tomorrow as my rest day, of course, so I can watch my Habs beat the Booins in game 2 of their playoff series. GO HABS GO!

What's Ahead in Day 19?
                      Well unfortunately I have to work again tomorrow first thing in the morning, but the good news is that I'll be getting home right in time for the start of the Habs vs. Booins game. This means that I won't be hitting the weights tomorrow, which will give my legs plenty of time to recover before my lower body hypertrophy workout on Sunday. I am going to make sure that I am drinking plenty of water tomorrow and that my carb intake is slightly reduced as well. The reasoning behind this is that I'm not lifting so therefore I don't require as much energy to fuel my body. So in order to prevent excess fat gain I cut down on the carbs on rest days. Anyways brahs, stay tuned because the Habs are making moves and so am I!

And finally, let's hope that this winning streak continues...

Comment

DAY 19

TAKE OVER CONTROL!!!!

And my macros for Friday...

Workout: Rest
                        Serving Size:
                        Jamieson Laboratories Vitamin C: 1g with breakfast; 500mg lunch; 1g dinner
                        Kaizen Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein: 1 scoop in the afternoon

Notes
                        Well I had to work first thing this morning and I wasn't really looking forward to it as all I could think about all day was the Habs game! It's currently the 1st intermission as I type this and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully they can hold this lead and take a perfect 2-0 record back home. Anyways, enough about my burning passion for hockey, haha. Like I mentioned in the outro yesterday, I slightly reduced my carb intake today since I wasn't lifting. I find that this helps prevent me from getting bloated and also keeps off that extra unwanted fat during a bulk. I also tried to drink as much water as possible, but I got kind of busy at work today and didn't get as much as I would have liked. But enough about that, let's find out how the rest of my off day went...

Enhanced Recovery
                        Upon waking this morning I didn't have any noticeable DOMS anywhere throughout my body, but I did have some increased stiffness. I'm not exactly sure if this is due to laying dormant for so long or the fact that only got 7 hours of sleep and had to wake up early again today. Regardless, I did a couple stretches throughout the day and by the mid afternoon I felt good and loosened up. However, I should note that I did feel somewhat tired near the end of my shift. I'm not sure if this is because I didn't take a preworkout today or because I had to get up early yet again, but whatever the case, I'm hoping that a good night's sleep corrects this for tomorrow.

Comments
                        Well it is now the 2nd intermission and the Habs lead 3-1, which means only 20 more minutes until victory! If they can pull out another win in Boston this will be an awesome rest day, haha. Work seemed to really drag on today and I couldn't wait to get home but at least my diet was in check. I would have liked to get more water into me, but unfortunately I got busy and didn't have the chance to. However I'm not worried as I'll make it up tonight and probably end up getting close to 6 liters by the end of the day. Hopefully I don't have to get up too many times during the night to piss!

What's Ahead in Day 20?
                        Wow, I can't believe we are already going to be on day 20 tomorrow! It seemed like just yesterday that the pretty little Controlled Labs package showed up on my doorstep. But now when I look in my tub, reality kicks in and I realize that I only have 10 days left of this Purple PsyKO goodness. However, I am going to try to not let this affect me as I need to be focused on making some big gains in the coming week. We're in the home stretch now brahs so it's time to turn it up a notch! Remember, the closer you are to failure, the closer you are to victory. It all depends on how closely you walk the line.

And in the tradition of the Montreal Canadiens, the winning streak continues...

Comment

hello,im glad to be here.keep it up guys.
                          check this siteM5071A

Comment

Originally posted by alexapink27 View Post
                            hello,im glad to be here.keep it up guys.
                            lolwat

Comment

DAY 20

"It gives me the butterflies,
                              gives me away...
                              'til I'm up on my feet again!"

And my macros for Saturday...

Workout: Lower Body Hypertrophy
                              Squats [6 sets]
                              235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3 - no change
                              Hack Squats [3 sets]
                              230 x 12, 270 x 10, 340 x 8 +20lbs.
                              Les Press [2 sets]
                              450 x 15, 540 x 12 +90lbs.
                              Romanian Deadlifts [3 sets]
                              165 x 12, 185 x 10, 235 x 8 - no change
                              Lying Leg Curls [2 sets]
                              60 x 15, 75 x 12 - no change
                              Seated Leg Curls [2 sets]
                              90 x 19, 105 x 17 +15lbs.
                              Donkey Calf Raises [4 sets]
                              80 x 11, 100 x 10, 120 x 9, 140 x 8 - no change
                              Seated Calf Raises [3 sets]
                              45 x 15, 55 x 14, 70 x 13 - no change

Workout Duration: 100 minutes
                              Serving Size:

Notes
                              Well this Sunday was a little different than most, as I had to work and planned to lift first thing in the morning. Most Sunday's I'm lounging around the house and carbing up so today would prove to be much different and a real test of strength. I'd prefer not to lift first thing after waking up as I feel like I never have enough food in me, but I knew that I had no other choice, so I refocused my thoughts and concentrated on ways of maximizing my workout. The first thing that I did was make sure that I got as much water in me as possible upon waking up. I felt quite hydrated going into my workout but yet again I was dying to piss by the time that I pulled into the gym parking lot lol. Anyways, enough talk, let's find out how my lower body hypertrophy day went...

Enhanced Endurance
                              Upon starting my workout I had the feeling that my endurance would suffer a little since I was lifting so early in the morning and wasn't using this Sunday as a rest day. However, after going through a couple more sets I came to the realization that I was just feeling some slight stiffness that I woke up with from laying dormant for so long last night. I immediately stopped my workout and hit the stretch room for a couple minutes to work out the last of the stiffness. After this my endurance was on point and my muscles had no problem finishing each set strong. This lasted for the remainder of my workout and I finished on a high note feeling confident that I had just done a good job of slaughtering my legs!

Like I've mentioned numerous times throughout this log, I am not a morning person at all. I don't have any problem waking up early, I'd just prefer not to, as it always take me an hour or so to feel right. Since I was working out first thing this morning, I knew that I would be facing the issue of trying to get my energy to a level that would let me have a successful workout. After getting a solid breakfast in me high in carbs, I downed a bottle of Endorush in the car on the way to the gym, as well as pumped some old school Soundgarden. This combination greatly elevated my energy levels and I was finally ready, both mentally and physically to lift. This enhanced energy lasted for most of my workout, but by the end I was exhausted, which is no surprise since legs always does this to me.

Improved Pump
                              I'm loving the pumps and vascularity that I've gotten since starting this log, as I expected to experience none in this muscle group due to the fact that I'm currently bulking. I slowly lost the veins under my shoulders and lower abs as I packed on the weight, but for some reason, the veins in my legs became more pronounced. With each legs day I go through my quads feel really pumped and I can actually see veins protrude with each rep I do. It looks sick and is motivation in itself! Today served as no exception and I experienced much of the same. This pump even lasted for a good hour after I was finished, making walking down the 25 stairs at the club a real challenge, thank goodness for hand railings haha.

Enhanced Recovery
                              Well going to bed last night I knew that I wouldn't wake up feeling as good as I normally do on the weekend since I was lifting on the weekend this week. However, upon waking I felt a lot better than I thought I would. I didn't have any major DOMS anywhere throughout my body, but I did have some stiffness that I touched on earlier in this log entry. After stretching out the last of it I had a killer workout and no other issues with my recovery. Even though my legs felt sore after a couple of the high rep sets I was still able to settle them down quickly and get back to my next lift. Of course it helps that I have the PsyKO on my side as I know that the hydrolyzed whey protein peptides and leucine are helping my muscles regenerate at a much faster rate.

Comments
                              Well despite the fact that I like just lounging around the house and relaxing on Sundays, I still feel as though I had an awesome lower body hypertrophy workout to end the week! I got a crazy pump going in my quads and hams and I'm loving the veins that run through them, as I find it to be a real motivator. Even though I lifted today, I still think that I did an adequate job of carbing up and am confident that my glycogen levels will be fully replenished by tomorrow. I actually have the day off from work tomorrow since I worked all weekend so this should give me lots of time to relax and visualize my lifts before I actually hit the weights.

What's Ahead in Day 21?
                              Well as I just mentioned, I have the day off from work tomorrow so I plan to do my Sunday lounging and relaxing then lol. I could really use the day off from work since it has been quite hectic lately, making it hard to fully focus on my workouts. Regardless, I never sway from my diet and always try to keep my water intake as high as possible. At first I thought that I might take the day off from lifting as well, but upon dwelling on this possibility I just cannot do so, as I just want to lift! Plus it helps that the first workout of the week is upper body power, one of the more enjoyable days. Anyways, stay posted brahs and let's start the week off with a bang!

GO HABS GO...

Comment

DAY 21

"Hit ya, back split ya.
                                F*ck fist fights and lame scuffles...
                                pillow case to your face, make the shell muffle!"

And my macros from carb up Sunday...

Sleep Duration: 8 hours
                                Workout: Upper Body Power
                                Bent Over Rows [3 sets]
                                185 x 5, 205 x 5, 235 x 5 +10lbs.
                                Wide Grip Pullups [2 sets]
                                BW + 10lbs. x 10, BW + 25lbs. x 8 - no change
                                Rack Chins [2 sets]
                                BW + 25 x 10, BW + 35lbs. x 10 +10lbs.
                                Flat DB Press [3 sets]
                                75 x 12, 85 x 10, 100 x 8 - no change
                                Weighted Dips [2 sets]
                                BW + 25lbs. x 10, BW + 45lbs. x 10 - no change
                                Seated DB Shoulder Press [3 sets]
                                50 x 12, 60 x 10, 75 x 8 +5lbs. - no change
                                Cambered Bar Curls [3 sets]
                                65 x 12, 75 x 10, 85 x 8 - no change
                                Skull Crushers [3 sets]
                                80 x 12, 90 x 10, 100 x 8 - no change

Serving Size:
                                Animal Rage: 1 scoop 20 minutes preworkout

Notes
                                Well it was a great feeling going to bed last night and not having to set my alarm. It would be the first time that I could sleep in since the start of the month it feels like! I woke up and made breakfast first thing, steel cut oats with blueberries and egg whites with one whole egg. After that I lounged around the house and did some laundry, relaxing and focusing on my upcoming workout. I took the time to visualize each lift and the motions that I'd go to beforehand and this seemed to translate into some big numbers. I managed to increase the weights on two exercises, but I'll get into this in more detail in a second. So without further ado, let's find out how my first workout of the week went...

Enhanced Endurance
                                After lifting yesterday instead of laying around and relaxing I was a little concerned that my overall endurance might suffer today due to the fact that my muscles wouldn't have time to fully recover. However, this did not seem to be the case and my upper body actually felt really good. My muscles seemed to hold out for the duration of my workout and I was actually able to increase the weights on two exercises, namely bent over rows and rack chins. This tells me that not only am I getting stronger but wider as well thanks to my muscles being able to hold out and fight off lactic acid buildup more effectively.

Well as I mentioned a couple days ago, I'm living off of sample packets of preworkouts right now since I'm waiting to get my two tubs of Serum in the mail. So before my workout today I went into Herc's to see my buddy that works there. He was going to hook me up with a couple packets of 1M.R. but upon arriving he let me know that they just got in Animal Rage...he literally put it out on the shelf an hour before I got there. I decided to give it a try and ended up picking up a tub for a decent price. Needless to say, once I got a scoop in me my intensity levels skyrocketed. I was blasting some Metallica in the car on the way and by the time I got there I was ready to f*ck sh*t up! This energy lasted for most of my workout, even though I was pretty tired by the end, a little more so then usual for an upper body day.

Improved Pump
                                I got a decent pump going today, but nothing extraordinary. My upper body almost always feels big as a result of the blood rushing to so many different muscles and they get a tightness in them that makes my muscle bellies feel full and thick. My vascularity was in check today as well, as I could see the usual veins running through my forearms and up into my bi's before they disappeared under my shoulders. Although my pump was pretty solid today, I lost it shortly after I was finished lifting. I don't think Animal Rage is as big on pump as it is on long term sustained energy and mental focus. Regardless, I still liked it but am hoping that my pump is a little better next workout.

Enhanced Recovery
                                Well like I mentioned earlier, I was afraid that my endurance and recovery would be affected today since I lifted yesterday instead of resting. However, along with my endurance, my recovery was surprisingly good today. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS waking up this morning and only minimal stiffness. Once I actually got into the thick of my workout my recovery was not an issue. Even though I was physically exhausted after my heavy working sets a couple sips of PsyKO and some deep breaths and I was ready to go again. I should get close to 8 hours of sleep tonight so I expect to be in tip top shape tomorrow.

Comments
                                Overall, today was a pretty decent day, but definitely not my best workout of this log. I just didn't feel as though my pump was as good as it should have been, even though my strength and vascularity were on point. I even managed to increase the weight on two exercises while still maintaining strict form. I was quite happy with my energy levels and cranking Metallica in the car just absolutely skyrocketed them! Currently I am watching game 3 of the Habs vs. Bruins series and right now Montreal is down 3-1 after two periods. Obviously I am in a bit of a sour mood, but I'm hoping that they can turn the big comeback in the third. GO HABS GO!

What's Ahead in Day 22?
                                Well right this moment I am still undecided if I am going to work lower body power tomorrow or use it as one of my rest days. It all depends on my gym's hours for this Easter weekend are, so I better start looking into this ASAP lol. I have to work first thing in the morning tomorrow but I expect to get a full 8 hour sleep tonight since I was off today. Hopefully I wake up feeling refreshed and reenergized as it looks like I might have to work lower body power tomorrow, as I have a feeling that my gym is closed on Sunday. Ah well, I've said it once and I'll say it again, ain't no rest for the wicked! We're in the home stretch now brahs, so it's time to really throw it into overdrive.

I waited until the game was over to post this AND...the streak is over

Comment

Working...
                                X