Cambered Bar Curls [3 sets]
    65 x 12, 75 x 10, 85 x 8
    Skull Crushers [3 sets]
    80 x 12, 90 x 10, 100 x 8 +10lbs.

Workout Duration: 95 minutes
    Serving Size:
    Orange Triad: 2 capsules with breakfast; lunch; dinner
    Equate Fish Oil: 2 capsules with breakfast; 1 with lunch; 1 with dinner
    Jamieson Laboratories Vitamin C: 1g with breakfast; 500mg lunch; 1g postworkout
    Endorush Xtreme Strength: 1 bottle 20 minutes preworkout
    Purple PsyKO: 2 scoops intraworkout
    Kaizen Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein: 2 scoops postworkout

Notes
    Well this past weekend flew by, most likely because I only had one day off work, so it was right back to the weight room; you know what they say...ain't no rest for the wicked! I had to work first thing this morning, which I actually prefer, since it gives me the opportunity to get a full day's worth of food in me before I lift. My diet was flawless today and it was easy to get it back on track after my carb up day yesterday. I seem to be doing something right as I'm slowly, but surely gaining lean muscle mass. I weighed myself today and I came in at 195.5lbs., which is 0.5lbs. more than what I was when I started. Anyways, added muscle mass will come with time, for now let's just focus on today's workout...

Enhanced Endurance
    After seeing the increase in my strength today, it's safe to say that my endurance was at the top of its game as well. Right from my first set of bent over rows I could tell that I was going to have a solid workout and that my muscles would hold out right to the very end of each set. In fact, now that I think of it, I don't even really remember experiencing any painful buildup of lactic acid...not even during my arms exercises! This enhanced endurance lasted all workout even though I was quite exhausted by the time that I was finished.

Increased Training Intensity
    Well once again that alpha mentality was back during today's workout and I felt like the baddest muthaf*cka in the gym today. I lifted with confidence and walked around the weight room in between sets like I owned the place lol. Now don't get me wrong, I don't walk around like a phaggot, I just have a certain swagger in my step that I don't have every workout. This feeling lasted for my entire workout and translated into some big lifts today. Not only did I manage to increase the weights on a couple exercises, I also felt really confident doing it.

Improved Pump
    I got an awesome pump going in my upper body today and I felt huge as I walked around the gym. I'm finding that the rack chins are really helping to widen me out, as I can literally feel the blood pumping to my lats as I do them. I also got a strong pump going in my arms from just doing one exercise each for bi's and tri's, to the point that it was almost painful to flex them after I was finished. My vascularity was on point today as well and I should note that I even noticed veins protruding from my legs even though I didn't work any of my lower body today! This is more than welcomed and I'm hoping that this carries over to my lower body power day on Wednesday.

Enhanced Recovery
    Well after eating just over 400g's of carbs yesterday, I felt as though my glycogen levels were fully replenished waking up this morning. I also felt recharged and reenergized getting out of bed this morning, and it helps that I got almost 8 hours of sleep last night. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS anywhere in my body and only some minor stiffness from laying dormant for so long. Once I actually got to lifting my recovery continues to operate at an enhanced level. It seemed as though my upper body recovered quite quickly after a hard set and all I needed was a couple deep breaths and some PsyKO and I was raring to go again.

Comments
    Overall, this has been one of the best workouts of this log so far. I felt as though I had lots of energy today and my strength was through the roof! I managed to increase the weights on a couple of exercises and felt really confident doing it. It was nice that I had that alpha mentality today as I always seem to have my best workouts when this feeling is present. My pump was on point and this led to me having some pretty defined vascularity, even in my quads, despite the fact that I didn't touch my lower body today. Anyways, I'm hoping that this increased strength carries over into my lower body power day on Wednesday so I can continue raising the bar!

What's Ahead in Day 15?
    Rest! After working lower body hypertrophy this past Sunday, I thought that it would be best if I took my rest day tomorrow instead of Wednesday, so that my legs are fully recovered before I slaughter them again. Even though I won't be lifting tomorrow I am going to make sure that my diet is in check and that I'm drinking as much water as possible. Of course, I am going to lower my carb intake slightly, but it will be right back up there on Wednesday as I prepare for my lower body power workout. Stay posted brahs, as I have a feeling that this is going to be a big week!

And of course, I leave you brahs with...

CAMPAIGN GOES NORMAN BATES WITH
    CONTROLLED LABS' "PURPLE PSYKO" LOG

DAY 15

"Everybody wanna be famous...
    Everybody's gonna blame us!"

And my macros for Monday...

Sleep Duration: 7 hours
    Workout: Rest
    Serving Size:
    Jamieson Laboratories Vitamin C: 1g with breakfast; 500mg lunch; 1g dinner
    Kaizen Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein: 1 scoop AM; 1 scoop PM

Notes
    Well today was quite the interesting day to say the least. I had to work first thing this morning, which I don't mind since it gives me the chance to get a full day's worth of food in me before I lift, but around 3PM things just started going wrong. I had to deal with an irate customer on the phone while at the same time one of my employees is crying and telling me that she has to leave because her grandmother just had a heart attack. Of course, no one else could come in for her so I had to stay until close to cover her shift. Good thing that it was a rest day from the gym for me today! Anyways, the unfortunate part of this whole situation is that I only packed enough food to last me until the end of my shift, as I wasn't expecting to stay there all day, so nonetheless my diet suffered a little bit. I didn't get nearly as much food in me as I would have liked to so as soon as I got home I had a nice big plate of chicken and veggies lol. The good is that I managed to consume plenty of water today, probably close to 6 liters, but the timing was terrible since I had to leave the store unattended a couple times to go piss, haha. But enough about my work day from hell, let’s find out how the rest of my rest day went…

Enhanced Recovery
    I got just over 7 hours of sleep last night, which I felt was plenty of time for my body to recover after a tough upper body power day. Waking up this morning I didn’t have any noticeable DOMS anywhere throughout my body and only some minor stiffness from sleeping. The reason I took my rest day today was because I was afraid that I would still have some DOMS in my legs after working them this past Sunday, but surprisingly they were pain free and I probably could have worked them today lol. But sometimes it is good to give the body an extra day of rest. I should get just over 7 hours of sleep again tonight so I expect to feel refreshed and fully rested when I wake up tomorrow, with no DOMS or soreness in any of my muscles. Even if I do have some stiffness from lying dormant for so long it won’t be a big deal since I’ll have the entire day to stretch them out.

Comments
    Let’s just say that I’m glad that this day is finally over. Here I thought I would have an easy day since I wasn’t lifting today, but no, of course not lol. But it’s not a big deal, tomorrow is another day and I’m a soldier who will stop at no cost to reach my goals. If that means that I have to work 12 hours a day and then lift at midnight, then that’s what I am willing to do to. Just remember brahs, whenever you’re not training, or cheating on your diet, or staying up late I’m the guy that’s going balls to the wall with a flawless diet and getting 8+ hours of sleep a night. Now if that isn’t motivation enough for you then I don’t know what is!

What's Ahead in Day 16?
    Well I have to work again first thing tomorrow morning, which I prefer, since I get to the gym right after the 5 o'clock rush piles out. I am going to try and drink as much water as possible before I lift tomorrow so that I set my body up to have a strong workout. Once I actually get to the weights I'll be working lower body power, one of the toughest workouts of the week so I'm going to need all the energy and intensity that I can get! I'm hoping that I can up my numbers tomorrow and keep getting stronger while doing it. Stay tuned brahs as I have a good feeling about this one...

And finally, we get to the best part of this log...

DAY 16

"This body, this body holding me...
    feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion."

And my macros from Tuesday...

Workout: Lower Body Power
    Squats [3 sets]
    225 x 5, 275 x 5, 315 x 5 +2 reps
    Hack Squats [2 sets]
    270 x 10, 360 x 6 +40lbs.
    Leg Extensions [2 sets]
    195 x 10, 210 x 8 +15lbs.
    SLDL's [3 sets]
    185 x 8, 205 x 8, 230 x 6 no change
    Lying Leg Curls [2 sets]
    75 x 10, 90 x 8 - no change
    Standing Calf Raises [3 sets]
    100 x 10, 120 x 10, 140 x 10 - no change
    Seated Calf Raises [2 sets]
    70 x 10, 90 x 10 - no change

Workout Duration: 100 minutes
    Serving Size:

Notes
    Well I was feeling pretty good by the time that I got off work today because I knew that I had a day off and the start of the playoffs for the Montreal Canadiens to look forward to. Naturally, this got me amped up for my workout as well, and once I got the Endorush in me this feeling was even further enhanced. I'm actually finding Endorush to be a decent preworkout even though I hate BSN lol. I'm trying to get by on just picking up individual packets as I wait to get my Serum in the mail. Anyways, I'm pretty pumped to talk about my workout today so let's get right into it...

Enhanced Endurance
    Well just by looking at my numbers today it is pretty evident that I'm quite impressed with my overall muscular endurance today, especially in my quads. I managed to increase the weight on every quad dominated exercise and I felt good doing it too! After my first set of squats I wasn't really feeling my strength yet, but two sets later it was in place and I was firing on all cylinders. I tried to not think about the weights too much and instead just f*ckin lift them and this translated into some awesome numbers. This enhanced endurance lasted for the duration of my workout even though I was quite exhausted by the time that I was finished. Oh well, at least I know that I busted my ass today!

Like I just mentioned, after my first set of squats I really wasn't feeling it. My strength didn't seem to be in place yet and I couldn't fully focus my thoughts on my lifts. But after throwing on a little Tool I was able to get down to business and felt even stronger than I did last lower body power workout. After I repped out 315lbs. for 5 my confidence was through the roof and I felt like I could lift anything. This translated into some big lifts and like I said earlier, I managed to increase the weights on most quad dominated exercises. I didn't do too much walking around in between sets today since it was too painful, so instead I took this time to get my breathing under control and visualize my next lift.

Improved Pump
    One thing that I like about working legs lately is that I've been getting a really good pump going in them, right from my quads down through my hams and into my calves. Subsequently, this has led to some crazy vascularity as well, as I never used to be able to see any veins in my legs. Now they protrude from my quads and run all the way down into my calves, it looks sick when I flex them lol. Much of the same happened today and my legs felt extremely tight by the end of my workout. It was actually painful to walk down the 25 stairs to get to the changeroom, thank god for hand rails, haha.

Enhanced Recovery
    I've managed to get just over 7 hours of sleep the last couple nights and I've been waking up feeling rested and reenergized. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS waking up this morning, but I did have a little more stiffness than usual. I came to the realization that this was from the position that I slept in last night, as somehow I managed to tangle my arm up under my chest lol. However it wasn't a big deal and after some quick stretches in went away completely by lunch time. Once I got into my actual workout my recovery was in check. I always make a point of focusing on controlling my breathing during rest sets on legs day since I find that once that is under control I am good to go again. Plus I'm at a huge advantage with the Purple PsyKO in my corner, haha.

Comments
    Overall, I had an absolutely awesome workout today. I wasn't expecting to up the weights on so many exercises, but I was just feeling it today and went as heavy as I could. I'm most pleased with the progress that I'm making on my squats since I felt as though I was stuck in a mini plateau right before I started this log. I got an amazing pump going in my entire leg today and once again my vascularity was impressive. As you can tell by my numbers my strength held out right until the end of my workout and I even felt as though I could have busted out a few extra reps during certain exercises. However, I don't want to risk overtraining as I still have lower body hypertrophy to look forward to this week.

What's Ahead in Day 17?
    Even though I have the day off from work, I still have an interesting day ahead of me. I have to get up to attend an election meeting first thing in the morning since I'm running one of the polls for a decent amount of coin. Then I have to head right from there to the dentist to get a cleaning. After that I'll be hitting the gym and working some chest and arms hypertrophy, one of my favorite day's of my workout week so I should put up some big numbers. Finally I'll head home to watch my Habs get their first win over the Boston Booins. GO HABS GO!

And finally, a dedication to the start of the NHL playoffs...

DAY 17

"I'm pushin it (push)...
    I'm pushin it (push)...
    I'm pushin it (push)...
    I gotta (push it to the limit!)"

And my macros for Wednesday...

Sleep Duration: 7.5 hours
    Workout: Chest/Arms Hypertrophy
    Flat DB Press [6 sets]
    75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3 +5lbs.
    Incline DB Press [3 sets]
    60 x 12, 70 x 10, 85 x 8 +5lbs.
    Hammer Strength Chest Press [3 sets]
    90 x 12, 140 x 10, 160 x 8 +20lbs.
    Incline DB Flyes [2 sets]
    45 x 17, 55 x 15 - no change
    Seated EZ Bar Preacher Curls [3 sets]
    60 x 12, 70 x 10, 80 x 8 +1 rep
    Concentration Curls [2 sets]
    20 x 12, 25 x 12 - no change
    Spider Curls [2 sets]
    50 x 12, 60 x 12 - no change
    Seated Tricep Extensions [3 sets]
    60 x 12, 70 x 10, 80 x 8 - no change
    Rope Pushdowns [2 sets]
    50 x 15, 70 x 12 +10lbs.
    Single Arm Cable Kickbacks [2 sets]
    25 x 17, 30 x 15 +5lbs.

Workout Duration: 90 minutes
    Serving Size:

Notes
    Well it is currently the first intermission of the Habs vs. Booins game and the Habs are up 1-0 after 20 minutes! I hope that they can hold this lead as they're playing great. But anyways, enough about hockey lol. I had a much needed day off work today but was still pretty busy. I had to get up early to go to a training session then I had a dentist appointment shortly after. I hit the gym in the late afternoon, which was the perfect time for me since I had a good amount of food in me by then. So without further ado, let's find out how my chest and arms hypertrophy went today...

Enhanced Endurance
    Well I had a pretty busy day, but I still got to rest my body for the most part, and I expected this to translate into a solid workout. This held true and my overall endurance was right on track. I didn't experience any lactic acid buildup and I was able to finish each set strong and with some added confidence. I seemed to really focus on squeezing the muscle being worked at the top of each rep and I was still able to finish each set completely. I am going to be working out first thing tomorrow so I'm hoping because of the short time in between workouts that this enhanced endurance carries over into tomorrow.

Well after sitting through a boring training course and a teeth cleaning, I couldn't wait to hit the weights! I could literally feel my adrenaline rising as I blasted the tunes out of my car with the windows down on the way to the gym. Right from my first set I pumped out each rep with an added aggressiveness, hence the reason why I was squeezing the muscle being worked so consistently today. This increased aggression lasted for most of my workout and in the end I was able to up the weights on a couple exercises as a result. At one point I think I actually caught a brah mirin in the mirror while I was doing incline DB presses lol.

Improved Pump
    One thing that I love about working both chest and arms is that I can always get an awesome pump going in both muscle groups. Once I found out that this workout combined the two on the same day I was amped just thinking about what an insane pump that I would get. Today served as no exception, as both my pecs, bi's and tri's felt really pumped and full. No matter which muscle I worked I could feel the blood rushing to them and the veins protrude out further and further with each rep. By the end of my workout they were thick and ran from my forearms all the way up through my bicep's and disappeared under my delts. At one point my arms felt so pumped that they were almost painful to flex, haha.

Enhanced Recovery
    After not having to get up early for work I felt quite good waking up this morning. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS and I actually felt refreshed and reenergized despite getting close to seven and a half hours sleep. It helps that I was sitting down for most of the morning as this gave me some extra time to rest my body before I hit the gym. Once I got into the thick of things my recovery remained good, in that I had no issues with it whatsoever. I was pretty tired after a couple of my heavy sets but nothing that the Purple PsyKO and a couple of deep breaths couldn't handle.

Comments
    Overall, today was a really solid workout and a strong start to the hypertrophy aspect of my week. Every part of my workout was on point from my strength to my overall muscular endurance. Looking at the numbers, I was able to increase the weights on three exercises today and I'm aiming to go even heavier next week! My pump is always insane when I work chest and arms and today I felt huge as I walked around the gym in between sets. I weighed myself after I finished and I came in at 195.6, so I'm up +0.6lbs. since I've started this log and I know that this has all been lean muscle mass. I'm hoping that I can continue to gain weight, but I know that will take time so let's win each workout and then we'll win the bulking battle.

What's Ahead in Day 18?
    Well like I mentioned earlier I have to workout first thing in the morning tomorrow since I have to work the close shift at work. This isn't my first choice of time to workout but I don't have any other option; I'm used to it by now and it shouldn't be an issue at all. Once I actually get to the gym I'll be working back and shoulders hypertrophy, it isn't my favorite workout but I still enjoy it nonetheless. Well my Habs just beat the Boston Booins 2-0 and I couldn't be happier. I have a feeling that this is going to carry over into tomorrow morning's workout and I might just put up some explosive numbers! GO HABS GO!

And of course, we have to keep this winning streak going...

DAY 18

"Blackened is the end,
    winter it will send.
    Throwing all you see...
    into obscurity!"

And my macros from Thursday...

Workout: Back/Shoulders Hypertrophy
    Bent Over Rows [6 sets]
    170 x 3, 165 x 3, 170 x 3, 170 x 3, 170 x 3, 170 x 3 - no change
    Rack Chins [3 sets]
    BW x 12, BW x 10. BW + 25lbs. x 8 +25lbs.
    Seated Cable Rows [3 sets]
    110 x 12, 120 x 10, 130 x 8 - no change
    DB Rows [2 sets]
    60 x 15, 70 x 12 - no change
    Close Grip Pulldowns [2 sets]
    130 x 17, 140 x 15 - no change
    Seated DB Press [3 sets]
    50 x 12, 60 x 10, 70 x 8 - [/b]no change[/b]
    Upright Rows [2 sets]
    55 x 15, 65 x 12 +5lbs.
    Lateral Raises [3 sets]
    10 x 16, 15 x 14, 20 x 12 - no change

Workout Duration: 85 minutes
    Serving Size:
    1M.R.: 1 packet 20 minutes preworkout

Notes
    Well as I mentioned at the end of my log entry yesterday, I had to workout first thing this morning since I was scheduled the closing shift at work today. I usually don't really like lifting first thing in the morning because I only get the chance to eat one meal prior, but today I didn't seem to mind it. I made sure that I got a good breakfast in me and I actually upped my carb intake slightly to ensure that I had enough fuel for my workout. I also made sure to drink as much water as I could as soon as I got up so that I wasn't dehydrated after sleeping for almost 8 hours. Looking back, this might not have been the best idea as I had to piss badly while I was still 5 minutes away. Luckily I made it there just in time to relieve myself lol. Anyways, enough about my overactive bladder, haha...let's find out how my second hypertrophy workout of the week went...

Enhanced Endurance
    One positive thing about working out in the morning is that my endurance always seemed to be top notch, most likely because I just slept and recharged for 8 hours prior. Today served as no exception, as I had no issues with my endurance whatsoever. In fact I was quite impressed with it considering the high volume that this particular workout calls for. I didn't experience any lactic acid buildup and my muscles were able to hold out eight to the end of each set; even my shoulders, which was surprising since they got some secondary work during chest yesterday. This enhanced endurance lasted for the duration of my workout and I even felt like I could have endured some more muscle tearing, but at the risk of overtraining and being limited by time I had to end it there. I'm hoping that my body can hold out for one more day in this department as I only have lower body hypertrophy left this week and need all the endurance that I can get!

Although I always feel rested and reenergized waking up in the morning, one thing I lack is aggressive intensity. I don't know if this is because I had just been laying dormant for 8 hours or because my adrenal system has reset itself temporarily overnight, but regardless, perworkouts are crucial for me for morning workouts! I just finished my tin of Razor8 and am still waiting for my Serum in the mail, so in the meantime I've been getting by on sample packs lol. Today I used 1M.R., and although its nowhere near my favorite preworkout I can't deny that it gives you insane amounts of energy. Once I threw on some Blackened by Metallica my intensity was taken to the next level and I was literally itching to start lifting! These levels remained high for the length of my workout and I even had some energy left after I was finished, most likely because it was still early in my day. Normally when I take 1M.R. I tend to crash about an hour later but no such thing happened today. Regardless White Flood and Razor8 continue to be my top preworkout and top stimmed out preworkout, respectively.

Improved Pump
    I love working back and shoulders because once I get a pump going I look so wide, haha. I literally walk around the gym looking like I'm carrying invisible suitcases under my arms even though I'm not trying to look like this! Today I could feel the blood rushing to my lats as soon as I finished my first set of bent over rows. In order to enhance this pump even further I made a point of flexing the muscle being worked in between sets. This pump lasted for the duration of my workout to the point that it was almost sore to flex my muscles near the end. I don't have much to comment on in regards to vascularity since veins are not yet visible in my shoulder and/or back, but once I start cutting it'll be a whole new ball game!

Enhanced Recovery
    Well I find that as I near the end of the week my body starts to catch up with me, in the sense that it is not as fresh and pliable as it is at the beginning of the week. This is most likely due to the fact that I am busting my ass in the gym everyday and not getting a full 8 hour sleep afterwards. As a result, it takes that little bit of extra effort to ensure that each workout is a successful one. Waking up today I felt pretty good, with no DOMS and only some minor stiffness. Unfortunately it took me a little longer than usual to stretch out this stiffness and I could actually feel some of it during the early part of my workout, but it went away shortly after and did not interfere at all.

Comments
    Well despite having to workout first thing this morning, I am overall quite satisfied with the progress that I made today. I only increased the weights on one exercise, that being upright rows, but the most important thing to me was the fact that I felt a lot more confident lifting the same weights that I did last week. What I mean by this is that every week each lift is getting progressively easier, telling me that either the weights are getting lighter or I'm getting stronger...and I'm pretty confident in saying that it's the latter lol. I'm using tomorrow as my rest day, of course, so I can watch my Habs beat the Booins in game 2 of their playoff series. GO HABS GO!

What's Ahead in Day 19?
    Well unfortunately I have to work again tomorrow first thing in the morning, but the good news is that I'll be getting home right in time for the start of the Habs vs. Booins game. This means that I won't be hitting the weights tomorrow, which will give my legs plenty of time to recover before my lower body hypertrophy workout on Sunday. I am going to make sure that I am drinking plenty of water tomorrow and that my carb intake is slightly reduced as well. The reasoning behind this is that I'm not lifting so therefore I don't require as much energy to fuel my body. So in order to prevent excess fat gain I cut down on the carbs on rest days. Anyways brahs, stay tuned because the Habs are making moves and so am I!

And finally, let's hope that this winning streak continues...

DAY 19

TAKE OVER CONTROL!!!!

And my macros for Friday...

Serving Size:
    Kaizen Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein: 1 scoop in the afternoon

Notes
    Well I had to work first thing this morning and I wasn't really looking forward to it as all I could think about all day was the Habs game! It's currently the 1st intermission as I type this and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully they can hold this lead and take a perfect 2-0 record back home. Anyways, enough about my burning passion for hockey, haha. Like I mentioned in the outro yesterday, I slightly reduced my carb intake today since I wasn't lifting. I find that this helps prevent me from getting bloated and also keeps off that extra unwanted fat during a bulk. I also tried to drink as much water as possible, but I got kind of busy at work today and didn't get as much as I would have liked. But enough about that, let's find out how the rest of my off day went...

Enhanced Recovery
    Upon waking this morning I didn't have any noticeable DOMS anywhere throughout my body, but I did have some increased stiffness. I'm not exactly sure if this is due to laying dormant for so long or the fact that only got 7 hours of sleep and had to wake up early again today. Regardless, I did a couple stretches throughout the day and by the mid afternoon I felt good and loosened up. However, I should note that I did feel somewhat tired near the end of my shift. I'm not sure if this is because I didn't take a preworkout today or because I had to get up early yet again, but whatever the case, I'm hoping that a good night's sleep corrects this for tomorrow.

Comments
    Well it is now the 2nd intermission and the Habs lead 3-1, which means only 20 more minutes until victory! If they can pull out another win in Boston this will be an awesome rest day, haha. Work seemed to really drag on today and I couldn't wait to get home but at least my diet was in check. I would have liked to get more water into me, but unfortunately I got busy and didn't have the chance to. However I'm not worried as I'll make it up tonight and probably end up getting close to 6 liters by the end of the day. Hopefully I don't have to get up too many times during the night to piss!

What's Ahead in Day 20?
    Wow, I can't believe we are already going to be on day 20 tomorrow! It seemed like just yesterday that the pretty little Controlled Labs package showed up on my doorstep. But now when I look in my tub, reality kicks in and I realize that I only have 10 days left of this Purple PsyKO goodness. However, I am going to try to not let this affect me as I need to be focused on making some big gains in the coming week. We're in the home stretch now brahs so it's time to turn it up a notch! Remember, the closer you are to failure, the closer you are to victory. It all depends on how closely you walk the line.

And in the tradition of the Montreal Canadiens, the winning streak continues...

hello,im glad to be here.keep it up guys.
    check this siteM5071A

Quote Originally Posted by alexapink27 View Post
    hello,im glad to be here.keep it up guys.
    lolwat

DAY 20

"It gives me the butterflies,
    gives me away...
    'til I'm up on my feet again!"

And my macros for Saturday...

Workout: Lower Body Hypertrophy
    Squats [6 sets]
    235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3, 235 x 3 - no change
    Hack Squats [3 sets]
    230 x 12, 270 x 10, 340 x 8 +20lbs.
    Les Press [2 sets]
    450 x 15, 540 x 12 +90lbs.
    Romanian Deadlifts [3 sets]
    165 x 12, 185 x 10, 235 x 8 - no change
    Lying Leg Curls [2 sets]
    60 x 15, 75 x 12 - no change
    Seated Leg Curls [2 sets]
    90 x 19, 105 x 17 +15lbs.
    Donkey Calf Raises [4 sets]
    80 x 11, 100 x 10, 120 x 9, 140 x 8 - no change
    Seated Calf Raises [3 sets]
    45 x 15, 55 x 14, 70 x 13 - no change

Serving Size:

Notes
    Well this Sunday was a little different than most, as I had to work and planned to lift first thing in the morning. Most Sunday's I'm lounging around the house and carbing up so today would prove to be much different and a real test of strength. I'd prefer not to lift first thing after waking up as I feel like I never have enough food in me, but I knew that I had no other choice, so I refocused my thoughts and concentrated on ways of maximizing my workout. The first thing that I did was make sure that I got as much water in me as possible upon waking up. I felt quite hydrated going into my workout but yet again I was dying to piss by the time that I pulled into the gym parking lot lol. Anyways, enough talk, let's find out how my lower body hypertrophy day went...

Enhanced Endurance
    Upon starting my workout I had the feeling that my endurance would suffer a little since I was lifting so early in the morning and wasn't using this Sunday as a rest day. However, after going through a couple more sets I came to the realization that I was just feeling some slight stiffness that I woke up with from laying dormant for so long last night. I immediately stopped my workout and hit the stretch room for a couple minutes to work out the last of the stiffness. After this my endurance was on point and my muscles had no problem finishing each set strong. This lasted for the remainder of my workout and I finished on a high note feeling confident that I had just done a good job of slaughtering my legs!

Like I've mentioned numerous times throughout this log, I am not a morning person at all. I don't have any problem waking up early, I'd just prefer not to, as it always take me an hour or so to feel right. Since I was working out first thing this morning, I knew that I would be facing the issue of trying to get my energy to a level that would let me have a successful workout. After getting a solid breakfast in me high in carbs, I downed a bottle of Endorush in the car on the way to the gym, as well as pumped some old school Soundgarden. This combination greatly elevated my energy levels and I was finally ready, both mentally and physically to lift. This enhanced energy lasted for most of my workout, but by the end I was exhausted, which is no surprise since legs always does this to me.

Improved Pump
    I'm loving the pumps and vascularity that I've gotten since starting this log, as I expected to experience none in this muscle group due to the fact that I'm currently bulking. I slowly lost the veins under my shoulders and lower abs as I packed on the weight, but for some reason, the veins in my legs became more pronounced. With each legs day I go through my quads feel really pumped and I can actually see veins protrude with each rep I do. It looks sick and is motivation in itself! Today served as no exception and I experienced much of the same. This pump even lasted for a good hour after I was finished, making walking down the 25 stairs at the club a real challenge, thank goodness for hand railings haha.

Enhanced Recovery
    Well going to bed last night I knew that I wouldn't wake up feeling as good as I normally do on the weekend since I was lifting on the weekend this week. However, upon waking I felt a lot better than I thought I would. I didn't have any major DOMS anywhere throughout my body, but I did have some stiffness that I touched on earlier in this log entry. After stretching out the last of it I had a killer workout and no other issues with my recovery. Even though my legs felt sore after a couple of the high rep sets I was still able to settle them down quickly and get back to my next lift. Of course it helps that I have the PsyKO on my side as I know that the hydrolyzed whey protein peptides and leucine are helping my muscles regenerate at a much faster rate.

Comments
    Well despite the fact that I like just lounging around the house and relaxing on Sundays, I still feel as though I had an awesome lower body hypertrophy workout to end the week! I got a crazy pump going in my quads and hams and I'm loving the veins that run through them, as I find it to be a real motivator. Even though I lifted today, I still think that I did an adequate job of carbing up and am confident that my glycogen levels will be fully replenished by tomorrow. I actually have the day off from work tomorrow since I worked all weekend so this should give me lots of time to relax and visualize my lifts before I actually hit the weights.

What's Ahead in Day 21?
    Well as I just mentioned, I have the day off from work tomorrow so I plan to do my Sunday lounging and relaxing then lol. I could really use the day off from work since it has been quite hectic lately, making it hard to fully focus on my workouts. Regardless, I never sway from my diet and always try to keep my water intake as high as possible. At first I thought that I might take the day off from lifting as well, but upon dwelling on this possibility I just cannot do so, as I just want to lift! Plus it helps that the first workout of the week is upper body power, one of the more enjoyable days. Anyways, stay posted brahs and let's start the week off with a bang!

GO HABS GO...

DAY 21

"Hit ya, back split ya.
    F*ck fist fights and lame scuffles...
    pillow case to your face, make the shell muffle!"

And my macros from carb up Sunday...

Sleep Duration: 8 hours
    Workout: Upper Body Power
    Bent Over Rows [3 sets]
    185 x 5, 205 x 5, 235 x 5 +10lbs.
    Wide Grip Pullups [2 sets]
    BW + 10lbs. x 10, BW + 25lbs. x 8 - no change
    Rack Chins [2 sets]
    BW + 25 x 10, BW + 35lbs. x 10 +10lbs.
    Flat DB Press [3 sets]
    75 x 12, 85 x 10, 100 x 8 - no change
    Weighted Dips [2 sets]
    BW + 25lbs. x 10, BW + 45lbs. x 10 - no change
    Seated DB Shoulder Press [3 sets]
    50 x 12, 60 x 10, 75 x 8 +5lbs. - no change
    65 x 12, 75 x 10, 85 x 8 - no change
    Skull Crushers [3 sets]
    80 x 12, 90 x 10, 100 x 8 - no change

Serving Size:
    Animal Rage: 1 scoop 20 minutes preworkout

Notes
    Well it was a great feeling going to bed last night and not having to set my alarm. It would be the first time that I could sleep in since the start of the month it feels like! I woke up and made breakfast first thing, steel cut oats with blueberries and egg whites with one whole egg. After that I lounged around the house and did some laundry, relaxing and focusing on my upcoming workout. I took the time to visualize each lift and the motions that I'd go to beforehand and this seemed to translate into some big numbers. I managed to increase the weights on two exercises, but I'll get into this in more detail in a second. So without further ado, let's find out how my first workout of the week went...

Enhanced Endurance
    After lifting yesterday instead of laying around and relaxing I was a little concerned that my overall endurance might suffer today due to the fact that my muscles wouldn't have time to fully recover. However, this did not seem to be the case and my upper body actually felt really good. My muscles seemed to hold out for the duration of my workout and I was actually able to increase the weights on two exercises, namely bent over rows and rack chins. This tells me that not only am I getting stronger but wider as well thanks to my muscles being able to hold out and fight off lactic acid buildup more effectively.

Well as I mentioned a couple days ago, I'm living off of sample packets of preworkouts right now since I'm waiting to get my two tubs of Serum in the mail. So before my workout today I went into Herc's to see my buddy that works there. He was going to hook me up with a couple packets of 1M.R. but upon arriving he let me know that they just got in Animal Rage...he literally put it out on the shelf an hour before I got there. I decided to give it a try and ended up picking up a tub for a decent price. Needless to say, once I got a scoop in me my intensity levels skyrocketed. I was blasting some Metallica in the car on the way and by the time I got there I was ready to f*ck sh*t up! This energy lasted for most of my workout, even though I was pretty tired by the end, a little more so then usual for an upper body day.

Improved Pump
    I got a decent pump going today, but nothing extraordinary. My upper body almost always feels big as a result of the blood rushing to so many different muscles and they get a tightness in them that makes my muscle bellies feel full and thick. My vascularity was in check today as well, as I could see the usual veins running through my forearms and up into my bi's before they disappeared under my shoulders. Although my pump was pretty solid today, I lost it shortly after I was finished lifting. I don't think Animal Rage is as big on pump as it is on long term sustained energy and mental focus. Regardless, I still liked it but am hoping that my pump is a little better next workout.

Enhanced Recovery
    Well like I mentioned earlier, I was afraid that my endurance and recovery would be affected today since I lifted yesterday instead of resting. However, along with my endurance, my recovery was surprisingly good today. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS waking up this morning and only minimal stiffness. Once I actually got into the thick of my workout my recovery was not an issue. Even though I was physically exhausted after my heavy working sets a couple sips of PsyKO and some deep breaths and I was ready to go again. I should get close to 8 hours of sleep tonight so I expect to be in tip top shape tomorrow.

Comments
    Overall, today was a pretty decent day, but definitely not my best workout of this log. I just didn't feel as though my pump was as good as it should have been, even though my strength and vascularity were on point. I even managed to increase the weight on two exercises while still maintaining strict form. I was quite happy with my energy levels and cranking Metallica in the car just absolutely skyrocketed them! Currently I am watching game 3 of the Habs vs. Bruins series and right now Montreal is down 3-1 after two periods. Obviously I am in a bit of a sour mood, but I'm hoping that they can turn the big comeback in the third. GO HABS GO!

What's Ahead in Day 22?
    Well right this moment I am still undecided if I am going to work lower body power tomorrow or use it as one of my rest days. It all depends on my gym's hours for this Easter weekend are, so I better start looking into this ASAP lol. I have to work first thing in the morning tomorrow but I expect to get a full 8 hour sleep tonight since I was off today. Hopefully I wake up feeling refreshed and reenergized as it looks like I might have to work lower body power tomorrow, as I have a feeling that my gym is closed on Sunday. Ah well, I've said it once and I'll say it again, ain't no rest for the wicked! We're in the home stretch now brahs, so it's time to really throw it into overdrive.

I waited until the game was over to post this AND...the streak is over

DAY 22

RPM!!!!

And my macros for Monday...

Workout: Chest/Arms Hypertrophy
    Flat DB Press [6 sets]
    75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3 - no change
    Incline DB Press [3 sets]
    60 x 12, 75 x 10, 90 x 8 +5lbs.
    Hammer Strength Chest Press [3 sets]
    90 x 12, 140 x 10, 160 x 8 - no change
    Incline DB Flyes [2 sets]
    45 x 17, 55 x 15 - no change
    Seated EZ Bar Preacher Curls [3 sets]
    65 x 12, 75 x 10, 85 x 8 +5lbs.
    Concentration Curls [2 sets]
    20 x 12, 25 x 12 - no change
    Spider Curls [2 sets]
    50 x 12, 60 x 12 - no change
    Seated Tricep Extensions [3 sets]
    60 x 12, 70 x 10, 80 x 8 - no change
    Rope Pushdowns [2 sets]
    50 x 15, 70 x 12 - no change
    Single Arm Cable Kickbacks [2 sets]
    25 x 17, 30 x 15 - no change

Workout Duration: 95 minutes
    Serving Size:

Notes
    Well we are at the start of another week and I was actually a little apprehensive about my workout today due to the fact that I thought I might be overtraining my arms and chest since I worked them as part of upper body power yesterday. However, I decided to play it by ear, as I knew that my body would tell me if it had enough. I had to work first thing this morning, which I liked, since it gave me time to get an entire day's worth of food in me. I always find that on Monday's after my carb up day I always get really bad gas lol. Needless to say, it isn't very pleasant at work considering I work in a fairly small area, haha. Oh well, the important thing is that I'm getting that food in me! But enough about that, let's get right into it...

Enhanced Endurance
    Like I just mentioned in the introduction, I was a little worried that I wouldn't have a very good workout today due to the fact that I did both a chest and arms exercise yesterday as part of upper body power. Not being one to give up that easily, I decided to suck it up and just lift. Surprisingly, my endurance was much better than I thought it would be considering the circumstances. Even though I experienced some pain and burning at the end of some of my heavy sets, my muscles were still able to hold out long enough to complete each set. This lasted for most of my workout, but I did notice near the end that I was quite fatigued, making it a little harder to finish strong. However, I fought through this and put in that last little bit of effort to really tear the muscles and promote new growth.

As I noted yesterday, I just picked up a tub of Animal Rage to hold me over until I receive my two tubs of Serum in the mail, and so far I'm liking the energy that it's giving me. I find that it's not big on pump, but once I start drinking it I can feel my intensity levels rise almost immediately and there seems to be a shift in my thinking from work mode to how am I going to destroy the weights today? This energy was only enhanced by the Tool that I was pumping in the car and once I got into the gym these levels remained high. Near the middle of my workout I got that alpha mentality again and walked around the gym like I was the strongest muthaf*cka there...and it probably wasn't too far from the truth! Besides my juiced out buddy that was there working back. Regardless, this translated into some strong numbers and I even managed to up the weights on a couple exercises.

Improved Pump
    As a result of this new preworkout that I'm taking my pump is suffering slightly. I get lots of sustained energy and focus from the Animal Rage, but there isn't really anything in the ingredient profile that promotes a good pump. I think that drinking the PsyKO intraworkout is definitely enhancing my pump slightly, but in a different way than a preworkout does. Instead of an N.O. type pump, I feel as though the PsyKO gives me more of a food pump, in the sense that my muscles are utilizing the carbs that I'm eating preworkout because they are able to hold out longer each set. My vascularity continues to be off the charts, especially in my forearms today since I was making a point of white knuckle gripping the weight each set.

Enhanced Recovery
    Well I've worked out the last three days in a row, whereas usually I would have rested on at least one of these days. So far I haven't noticed any ill effects in terms of overall muscular recovery and am actually quite satisfied with this area. I woke up this morning feeling well rest and reenergized after sleeping for close to 8 hours last night, and this translated into some decent recovery intraworkout. Even though my muscles, especially my arms were left burning after a couple sets, it seemed as though they lost this sensation quite fast and were back to normal in no time. I always try to space out my PsyKO so that it lasts right until the end of my workout making sure that I get a couple ob sips between each set. This seems to be most effective as I have been ready to go for every subsequent set so far this log.

Comments
    Overall, although not my best chest and arms hypertrophy workout to date, it was still pretty decent and definitely a step in the right direction. I'm hoping to put on as much mass as possible over the next two weeks, as I plan to start cutting for the summer by the beginning of May. I always seem to start cutting so late that by the time I look my best the weather isn't nice enough to walk around without a shirt on lol. However, that is still two weeks away and I want to focus on finishing this log strong since I only have a few days left.

What's Ahead in Day 23?
    Tomorrow will be very similar to today, except that I have to start my day a little earlier. I have to go into work before we open to do a full serialized count, but at least I'll get to leave earlier and therefore get to the gym sooner. Once I actually get to lifting I'll be working dreaded lower body power. Well, I shouldn't say dreaded...it's just that most people don't really look forward to legs day lol. I don't mind it and am actually kind of excited to put my new all black Chuck's to the test, haha. Hopefully I can improve on my numbers for squats as I feel as though I might be stuck in a mini plateau! Only time will tell so stay posted brahs and get ready for some big results.

And of course, we save the best for last...

Seriously one of the best logs ever. So detailed.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

DAY 23

"No, we're never gonna quit,
    ain't nothing wrong with it...
    just acting like we're animals!"

And my macros from Tuesday...

Sleep Duration: 6 hours
    Workout: Lower Body Power
    Squats [3 sets]
    255 x 5, 285 x 5, 320 x 4 +5lbs.
    Hack Squats [2 sets]
    320 x 10, 370 x 6 +10lbs.
    Leg Extensions [2 sets]
    195 x 10, 210 x 8 +15lbs.
    SLDL's [3 sets]
    185 x 8, 225 x 8, 245 x 6 +15lbs.
    Lying Leg Curls [2 sets]
    90 x 10, 105 x 8 +15lbs.
    Standing Calf Raises [3 sets]
    100 x 10, 120 x 10, 160 x 10 +20lbs.
    Seated Calf Raises [2 sets]
    70 x 10, 90 x 10 - no change

Serving Size:

Notes
    Well I wasn't looking forward to getting up today as I had to wake up early to go into work and complete an inventory count. This meant that I would only get close to 6 hours of sleep, so I was hoping that this was enough time for my body to recover and I wasn't sluggish in the morning. The good news is that I got to leave work and therefore hit the weights earlier than usual, which I was looking forward to since the gym is always so busy at the time I normally go. My water consumption and diet was in check today as I always like to get a full day's worth of food in me before I lift, and especially before I heavy legs day like today! Anyways, enough talk, let's jump right into it...

Enhanced Endurance
    Since I only managed to get close to 6 hours of sleep last night, I was afraid that my overall endurance would be sub par today. However, this was not the case and I was actually pretty satisfied with this area. It seemed as though I had to exert that extra effort a couple times, but for the most part I was able to finish each set strong. I haven't had a rest day since Saturday but this hasn't seemed to negatively affect my endurance at all. I should also note that throughout this log my cardiovascular endurance has been on point as well. I haven't really touched on it much but I find that I am able to easily control my breathing patterns which translates into increased muscular endurance.

After taking the Animal Rage for the last three days I have found that it is big on sustained energy and focus but lacks the pump. However, I wasn't too worried about this since energy is the main thing that I look for in a preworkout. After getting the Rage in me I started to sip on the PsyKO and I could literally feel my heart rate rise along with my intensity levels. I was cranking some Metallica in the car again, which only further enhanced these effects. My energy levels remained high for the remainder of my workout but I was exhausted by the end like on all legs days.

Improved Pump
    Even though Animal Rage isn't big on pump, I'm always able to get a crazy pump going in my quads, hams, and calves even if I don't take a preworkout at all! Today served as no exception and I could literally feel the blood rushing to my quads with each rep. At one point they felt so pumped that it was actually painful to walk around during my rest sets lol. This pain subsided after a couple minutes, right in time for my next set, even though my legs still felt ridiculously full. My vascularity was also maximized today as well, in the sense that I could see my veins protruding from my quads on the negative of each rep. Admittedly, I even took the time to 'mire them in the mirror in between sets, haha.

Enhanced Recovery
    Despite the fact that I only managed to get close to 6 hours of sleep last night, I woke up this morning feeling surprisingly rested and refreshed. I ran into a short period of time today in which I felt a little sluggish at work, but after a couple swigs of water this feeling soon passed. Once I actually got into the thick of my workout my recovery remained strong and this translated into some solid numbers...in fact I managed to increase the weights on most exercises today! Even though I was fatigued after a couple of heavy sets today a quick sip of PsyKO and some deeps breaths got me more than ready to kill the weights again.

Comments
    Overall, I'm pretty happy with the progress that I made today. It's felt like I've been in a mini plateau the last couple of weeks when it comes to my legs and today I was finally able to break out of it. I managed to increase the weights on most exercises, but most importantly I was able to up the weights on my squats. It was only by 5lbs., but when you're lifting so heavy and going ATG on every rep, 5lbs. is a big step. Hopefully this increased strength carries over to my next workout, as I would love to make some gains in the back and shoulder department. I find that these muscles always help to separate the men from the boys!

What's Ahead in Day 24?
    Well I have to work first thing in the morning tomorrow and I'll be taking a rest day from the gym. I actually planned it to be this way at the beginning of the week because the Habs play game 4 of their first round series tomorrow night and I'm not missing it for anything! Even though I'll be pumped about the game all day I'm still going to ensure that my water consumption remains high and that my diet is in check. Since I'm not lifting tomorrow my carb intake will be slightly reduced so as to prevent any excess fat gain. Stay posted brahs as we're almost at the end and I really want to go out with a bang!

And finally, some motivation for the end of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by bull.dogz View Post
    Seriously one of the best logs ever. So detailed.

Thanks bulldogz! Means a lot coming from a respected member like yourself

DAY 24

SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE!!!

And my macros for Wednesday...

Workout: Back/Shoulders Hypertrophy
    Bent Over Rows [6 sets]
    180 x 3, 180 x 3, 180 x 3, 180 x 3, 180 x 3, 180 x 3 +10lbs.
    Rack Chins [3 sets]
    BW x 12, BW + 25lbs. x 10 BW + 30lbs. x 8 +5lbs.
    Seated Cable Rows [3 sets]
    120 x 12, 130 x 10, 140 x 8 +10lbs.
    DB Rows [2 sets]
    65 x 15, 75 x 12 +5lbs.
    Close Grip Pulldowns [2 sets]
    130 x 17, 140 x 15 - no change
    Seated DB Press [3 sets]
    50 x 12, 60 x 10, 70 x 8 - [/b]no change[/b]
    Upright Rows [2 sets]
    55 x 15, 70 x 12 +10lbs.
    Lateral Raises [3 sets]
    10 x 16, 15 x 14, 20 x 12 - no change

Serving Size:

Notes
    Well I had somewhat of a busy morning today as I had to attend a training session for the upcoming election and then head straight to work. All I could think about at work was getting home to watch the Habs game, and surprisingly, the day flew by. I got home right in time for the start of the game and couldn't wait to watch the Habs dominate. Unfortunately they fell apart in the end and lost 5-4 in overtime fffffuuuuuu. I know yesterday I said that I would be taking a rest day from the gym, but after looking at it's holiday hours for this weekend I had no choice but to go today after the game. I usually don't work out so late, but this was the first opportunity that I had so I can't complain. Anyways, enough talk, let's find out how my late night workout went...

Enhanced Endurance
    I had no issues whatsoever with my overall muscular endurance today and it remained on point for the duration of my workout. To be honest, I don't even really remember experiencing any lactic acid buildup, so clearly the PsyKO did its thing and maintained the strength in my muscles long enough for me to finish each set successfully. This translated into a pretty solid workout and as a result I was able to increase the weights on more than a couple sets. It seems as though this week I've really been focusing on making strength gains and so far it's been working. Hopefully my muscular endurance is much of the same tomorrow and I can put up some big lower body numbers!

I was curious as to how my intensity levels would react to taking a preworkout so late at night and I wasn't worried about not being able to sleep since I never have this problem. For the most part the response was positive and combined with some Lloyd Banks my energy levels skyrocketed. It felt good to get my heart rate elevated at this time of night and I could tell that I was going to have a solid workout. This increased energy lasted for most of my workout even though I was pretty exhausted by the time that I was finished. I'm looking forward to having the day off work tomorrow as this means that I get to sleep in and should have plenty of energy by the time that I'm ready to lift tomorrow.

Improved Pump
    Well like I've mentioned the last couple of days, Animal Pump isn't really big on pump but this didn't really matter today, as I can always get a good pump going in my delts and especially my lats. I could feel the blood flowing to the worked muscle right from my first set and by the middle of my workout my upper body felt really pumped and full. Also, because I white knuckle gripped the weight during each set, the vascularity in my forearms was insane! It almost looked like fork lightning, except on my arms lol. They ran all the way up through my biceps and into my shoulders, and they were actually a little more noticeable under my delts today than normal.

Enhanced Recovery
    Well it has now been 4 straight days of lifting without a rest and I continue to be impressed by my overall recovery. Even though I'm not getting a full 8 hour sleep every night, I still wake up feeling refreshed and reenergized. I haven't really had any noticeable DOMS during this log, as I can only recall one day when I had some soreness in my muscles. It was in my legs after a heavy lower body power day, so this is to be expected. Thankfully I get the day off work tomorrow because of the Easter weekend so I plan on sleeping in as late as possible. This means that my body should feel good waking up tomorrow and I should be ready to destroy my legs only two days after working lower body power lol.

Comments
    Overall, I am pretty satisfied with the progress that I made on back and shoulders today. I managed to increase the weights on a couple of exercises so my strength was definitely there, as was a pump and some impressive vascularity. Even though I planned on eating less carbs today because I thought I wasn't working out, my diet ended up going back to normal and was quite solid. I got a good amount of carbs in me before my workout and I also killed a huge steak before I went, so this definitely helped give me that little extra boost that I needed to be successful.

What's Ahead in Day 25?
    Well as I noted earlier, I'm off from work tomorrow because of the Easter weekend and I can't wait to go to sleep tonight and not set my alarm. I plan on sleeping in as late as I can, getting more than 8 hours of sleep so that my body has every opportunity to rest and recover. Once I finally hit the weights I'll be working lower body hypertrophy, which will include some squats at 70-75% of my 5 rep max. Even though I worked lower body power just two days ago, I'm confident that this won't affect my performance at all tomorrow.

And of course, some motivation for legs day tomorrow...

DAY 25

"And I burn,
    churning my direction...
    quench my thirst with gasoline!"

And my macros for Thursday...

Sleep Duration: 8 hours
    Workout: Lower Body Hypertrophy
    Squats [6 sets]
    240 x 3, 240 x 3, 240 x 3, 240 x 3, 240 x 3, 240 x 3 +5lbs.
    Hack Squats [3 sets]
    270 x 12, 320 x 10, 360 x 6 +20lbs.
    Les Press [2 sets]
    450 x 15, 540 x 12 - no change
    Romanian Deadlifts [3 sets]
    165 x 12, 185 x 10, 235 x 8 - no change
    Lying Leg Curls [2 sets]
    80 x 15, 95 x 12 +20lbs.
    Seated Leg Curls [2 sets]
    90 x 19, 105 x 17 - no change
    Donkey Calf Raises [4 sets]
    80 x 11, 100 x 10, 120 x 9, 140 x 8 - no change
    Seated Calf Raises [3 sets]
    45 x 15, 55 x 14, 70 x 13 - no change

Serving Size:

Notes
    Well I had the day off work today because of the Easter weekend and it felt great not having to set my alarm before going to bed last night. I slept in quite late this morning, something that I haven't been able to do lately, and I love waking up on my own as opposed to the annoying buzzing of an alarm. Once I got up this morning I relaxed and made my usual breakfast of steel cut oats and egg whites and spent the next couple of hours lounging around the house and visualizing my workout. This was the last day of my workout week this week, so let's get right into it and find out how it went...

Enhanced Endurance
    Getting a full 8 hour sleep last night and sleeping in this morning worked wonders for my body in both the recovery and endurance departments! Upon starting my workout I had no issues whatsoever with muscle soreness or lactic acid buildup. My legs felt strong despite not having a rest day in the last 5 days and they were able to hold out so that I could finish each set successfully. Although my muscles felt good for the most part, I was quite exhausted by the time I was finished to the point that it was actually a little painful to walk around. However, I didn't mind this as it tells me that I did a good job of slaughtering my legs!

Getting to sleep in and not having to work today, this gave me a lot of extra energy heading into my workout. Once I got the Animal Rage in me I could feel my heart rate start to elevate and my intensity levels skyrocket. This, coupled with some Soundgarden in the car and I was in the right frame of mind to have a killer workout. Once I actually got into the thick of my workout my energy levels remained high and I had this certain drive today to just kill the weights. This translated into some solid lifts and I was able to increase the weights on more than a few exercises, always an accomplishment when it comes to legs.

Improved Pump
    Well despite the fact that Animal Pump doesn't do much for pump, I've been able to get a good one going in my legs since I started this log. Right from my first set of squats I could feel the blood rushing to my quads. The same thing held true for my hams and calves to the point that it was painful to walk around in between sets. I also had to be careful not to flex the muscles too hard as they would get too tight and almost felt like a spasm. However, this pain subsides quickly and I was right back at it. The vascularity in my legs continues to impress me and I even took the time to 'mire it in the changeroom when I was finished. The veins are thick quite pronounced and run all through my quads and down into my calves...it looks sick!

Enhanced Recovery
    Like I noted earlier, sleeping in this morning worked wonders for my overall muscular recovery. I woke up this morning with absolutely no DOMS anywhere in my body and minimal stiffness as well. Even if I did have some soreness, I'm sure that the relaxing that I did before my workout would have cleared it right up. Once I actually started lifting my recovery continued to be in check and it actually seemed as though I took shorter rest times today. Of course it helped that I had the Purple PsyKO in my corner, but I was both mentally and physically fatigued by the time that my workout was over.

Comments
    Overall, today was definitely one of my better lower body hypertrophy days of this log. I got an awesome pump going and my strength was great, in the sense that I was able to increase the weights on a few exercises. My vascularity continues to blow my mind and I think that the combination of the Purple PsyKO and increased water consumption has contributed to the gains that I have made in the department. Not too long ago, I was barely able to see any veins it my legs at all! I'm looking forward to two days of rest from the gym this weekend, even though I do have to work a full 8 hour shift at work tomorrow.

What's Ahead in Day 26?
    As I just mentioned, today's workout was the last for the week and now I can focus on relaxing and recovering in preparation for the start of next week. I do have to work tomorrow but I'll be coming home right after to watch game 5 of the Habs vs. Bruins first round playoff series. I am going to ensure that I'm getting plenty of water over the next two days as well as keep my diet in check, especially on carb up day. I really want to make sure that my glycogen levels are fully replenished by the time upper body power rolls around on Monday. Stay posted brahs, only a few more days to go...

And finally, I leave you with...

DAY 26

"And we won't stop til it's over
    ...won't stop to surrender!"

And my macros from Friday...

Sleep Duration: 6.5 hours
    Serving Size:

Notes
    Well I just finished watching the Montreal vs. Boston game go into double overtime and of course they lost 2-1 ffffffffuuuuuuuu. I'm absolutely livid right now and can't even begin to describe how much hatred that I have towards the Booins. Too bad I'm not heading to the gym right now as I'd have a lot of anger to work out right now. I had to work first thing this morning, which kind of sucked since it would have been nice to have the day of from the gym and work. Despite the fact that I worked all day, I still make sure that my water intake was high and that my diet was in check, with an emphasis on less carbs since I wasn't lifting today. So without further ado, let's get right into it...

Enhanced Recovery
    I had to get up a little earlier this morning since I had a couple things to do before I went into work and as a result I only managed to get close to 6.5 hours of sleep last night. I woke up this morning feeling decent, but I definitely could have stayed in bed longer. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS but I did have some extra stiffness. I did some stretches throughout the morning and by lunch they were almost completely gone. The good news is that I'll get to sleep in tomorrow as late as I want since my work is closed for Easter Sunday. Hopefully this gives my body adequate time to rest and recover so that I'm ready to go on Monday.

Comments
    Overall, although I am deeply disappointed right now because Montreal has now lost three straight playoff games, today was a fairly decent rest day. It sucked that I had to work but my shift seemed to go by quite quickly and thankfully we are closed tomorrow because of Easter. I'm actually excited to lounge around the house tomorrow since it'll also be my carb up day, which means that I'll get to eat some good food including protein pan***** with chocolate chips and maple syrup.

What's Ahead in Day 27?
    Nothing! And I say that proudly since it will be a much needed rest day from both work and the gym. Actually now that I think about it, it would have been a rest day whether I liked it or not since both my work and gym are closed for Easter. I am going to make sure that my water intake is high so that I stay hydrated during my carb up and that means that I'll also need to consume 400+ grams of carbs to fully replenish my glycogen levels. We only have 4 days left of this log as my tub is starting to look really empty. The depression is starting to kick in, but I am going to make sure that I finish on a strong note brahs!

And finally, I present you with...

DAY 27

"My life is a stereo...
    how loud does it go?"

And my macros for Saturday...

Sleep Duration: 8.5 hours
    Serving Size:
    Kaizen Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein: 1 scoop AM; 1 scoop PM

Notes
    Well first and foremost, happy Easter brahs! I hope that this weekend was filled with delicious food and some quality time with your family. I did just that and spent most of the time lounging around the house relaxing and recovering today. I love Sunday's since it's my carb up day and I was actually able to eat all of my family's Easter dinner tonight, including dessert! Nothing like some fruit topped boston creme cake, haha. But not to worry brahs, I'm still staying within my macronutrient ratio as you'll see when I post my diet tomorrow. But enough about carbs, let's find out how my second rest day went...

Enhanced Recovery
    Well after getting over 8 hours of sleep and sleeping in as late as I wanted today, I woke up feeling quite refreshed and reenergized. I didn't have any DOMS anywhere in my body whatsoever and minimal stiffness as well despite sleeping for so long. I made sure that I consumed as much water as possible today so that my body was hydrated and in an optimal state of recovery. Currently I am sitting around 3 liters for the day and this number should just about double by the time I go to bed. My carbs are also up near 400 grams right now as I want to ensure that my glycogen levels are fully replenished for tomorrow's workout. I always like having a big day on Monday as I find that it sets the tone for the rest of the week.

Comments
    Overall, today was an awesome rest day spent with family. I got some stuff together for work and relaxed for most of the day then enjoyed an awesome Easter dinner consisting of glazed balsamic chicken, roasted potatoes, brown rice, mixed vegetables, and salad. I even had a glass of red wine with my meal, the first alcoholic drink that I've had since New Year's! I plan on relaxing for the rest of the night and watching Breakout Kings then getting to bed earlier so that I am up and ready to go tomorrow morning.

What's Ahead in Day 28?
    Well the weekend has come to an end and it's back to reality tomorrow. I have to work first thing in the morning, which means that I'll be working out in the early evening. This is prime time for me as it gives me a chance to get a full day's worth of food in me and therefore give me enough energy to have a successful workout. Once I actually hit the weights I'll be working upper body power and I'm hoping to continue hitting some PR's for this log as we reach the end. Only a couple days left so stay posted brahs!

And of course, I end this entry with a little motivation for Monday...

DAY 28

"My body tells me no,
    but I won’t quit...
    cuz I want more!"

Bent Over Rows [3 sets]
    205 x 5, 225 x 5, 250 x 3 +15lbs.
    BW + 25lbs. x 10, BW + 35lbs. x 8 +10lbs.
    Rack Chins [2 sets]
    BW + 35 x 10, BW + 45lbs. x 10 +10lbs.
    Flat DB Press [3 sets]
    75 x 12, 90 x 10, 105 x 7 +5lbs.
    Weighted Dips [2 sets]
    BW + 45lbs. x 10, BW + 55lbs. x 10 +10lbs.
    Skull Crushers [3 sets]

Serving Size:

Notes
    Well it's back to the grind of another work week, which means back into the gym as well! It was nice to have two days rest and enjoy some quality time with friends and family over the weekend. There was lots of Easter food at my house, but the good thing was that our Easter dinner fell on my cheat day, so this gave me a little lenience with my diet. I managed to consume just over 400 grams of carbs yesterday and felt as though this was adequate enough to fully replenish my glycogen stores. I was hoping for an explosive last upper body power day on Purple PsyKO and was really going to push myself to the limit. So without further ado, let's find out how it went...

Enhanced Endurance
    After taking the last two days off from lifting, there was absolutely no reason that my overall muscular endurance should not be top notch. Let's just say that these rest days really helped and my muscles felt like they could have lifted forever today, especially my chest! This is quite obvious once you look at my numbers today as I managed to increase the weights on majority of the exercises. My strength was so good today because my muscles did a great job of holding out during each set and fighting off that lactic acid buildup. Now that I think of it, they didn't even seem as sore at the end of each heavy set like they usually do.

My intensity levels were through the roof today and I was actually really impressed with this area of the Purple PsyKO. I must have had a great sleep last night as I felt a little more alert and awake than usual today, especially considering it was a Monday! Once I got the Animal Rage in me I could literally feel my heart rate increase and this wave of energy came over me and put me in the zone to lift. I bumped some Queens of the Stone Age in my car on the way to the gym and this only further elevated my intensity levels. They remained high for the duration of my workout and I actually still had some energy left over once I was finished even though I busted my ass.

Improved Pump
    Well I know I've mentioned a few times that the Animal Rage isn't a very good product for pump, but today that didn't even matter. I'm not sure if it's because I ate so many carbs preworkout or the synergistic effects of the Animal Rage and Purple PsyKO combined together, but I got an incredible pump going today, especially in my chest. It felt so full and pumped that it was literally the biggest I've felt all log. As I walked around the gym I had the alpha mentality and felt like I was the strongest brah in there...and I probably was, judging by the amount of people that were 'mirin as I repped out the 105lbs. on flat presses. Vascularity was on point today as well with thick veins running through my forearms and up into my biceps.

Enhanced Recovery
    It really helped that I rested for the last two days as this gave my body plenty of time to rest and recover for my workout today. Upon waking this morning I felt recharged and reenergized. I didn't have any DOMS anywhere in my body and only minimal stiffness despite laying dormant for so long. Once I actually got into the thick of my workout my overall muscular recovery remained on point. I didn't need much time at all in between sets and actually tried to get my rests to a minimum. Once I got a couple sips of PsyKO in me and a bit of water I was refocused and ready to go again.

Comments
    Overall, I am quite satisfied with the way that the last upper body power day of this log went. I managed to increase the weights on majority of the exercises today and I wasn't surprised by this as I really focused all of me energy during each set. I got an awesome pump going, especially in my chest and once again my vascularity was in check. I even felt more awake and alert during work today, which normally doesn't happen too often on a Monday lol. I have to work first thing tomorrow morning again which I prefer, so I should get close to 8 hours of sleep tonight.

What's Ahead in Day 29?
    Well since it could potentially be Montreal's last game of the season tomorrow I decided to make Tuesday instead of Wednesday my rest day this week so I could watch the game. This is probably a good thing as it will give my legs an extra day to rest before I slaughter them on lower body power day. Since I won't be lifting tomorrow I will lower my carb intake slightly but my water consumption will remain high. If anything I'll try to consume a little more than usual so that I stay hydrated and in an optimal state of recovery. We only have 2 days left brahs and I really want to finish strong and put the exclamation point on this log, so stay tuned for the grand finale!

DAY 28

"My body tells me no,
    but I won’t quit...
    cuz I want more!"

Bent Over Rows [3 sets]
    205 x 5, 225 x 5, 250 x 3 +15lbs.
    BW + 25lbs. x 10, BW + 35lbs. x 8 +10lbs.
    Rack Chins [2 sets]
    BW + 35 x 10, BW + 45lbs. x 10 +10lbs.
    Flat DB Press [3 sets]
    75 x 12, 90 x 10, 105 x 7 +5lbs.
    Weighted Dips [2 sets]
    BW + 45lbs. x 10, BW + 55lbs. x 10 +10lbs.
    Skull Crushers [3 sets]

Serving Size:

Notes
    Well it's back to the grind of another work week, which means back into the gym as well! It was nice to have two days rest and enjoy some quality time with friends and family over the weekend. There was lots of Easter food at my house, but the good thing was that our Easter dinner fell on my cheat day, so this gave me a little lenience with my diet. I managed to consume just over 400 grams of carbs yesterday and felt as though this was adequate enough to fully replenish my glycogen stores. I was hoping for an explosive last upper body power day on Purple PsyKO and was really going to push myself to the limit. So without further ado, let's find out how it went...

Enhanced Endurance
    After taking the last two days off from lifting, there was absolutely no reason that my overall muscular endurance should not be top notch. Let's just say that these rest days really helped and my muscles felt like they could have lifted forever today, especially my chest! This is quite obvious once you look at my numbers today as I managed to increase the weights on majority of the exercises. My strength was so good today because my muscles did a great job of holding out during each set and fighting off that lactic acid buildup. Now that I think of it, they didn't even seem as sore at the end of each heavy set like they usually do.

My intensity levels were through the roof today and I was actually really impressed with this area of the Purple PsyKO. I must have had a great sleep last night as I felt a little more alert and awake than usual today, especially considering it was a Monday! Once I got the Animal Rage in me I could literally feel my heart rate increase and this wave of energy came over me and put me in the zone to lift. I bumped some Queens of the Stone Age in my car on the way to the gym and this only further elevated my intensity levels. They remained high for the duration of my workout and I actually still had some energy left over once I was finished even though I busted my ass.

Improved Pump
    Well I know I've mentioned a few times that the Animal Rage isn't a very good product for pump, but today that didn't even matter. I'm not sure if it's because I ate so many carbs preworkout or the synergistic effects of the Animal Rage and Purple PsyKO combined together, but I got an incredible pump going today, especially in my chest. It felt so full and pumped that it was literally the biggest I've felt all log. As I walked around the gym I had the alpha mentality and felt like I was the strongest brah in there...and I probably was, judging by the amount of people that were 'mirin as I repped out the 105lbs. on flat presses. Vascularity was on point today as well with thick veins running through my forearms and up into my biceps.

Enhanced Recovery
    It really helped that I rested for the last two days as this gave my body plenty of time to rest and recover for my workout today. Upon waking this morning I felt recharged and reenergized. I didn't have any DOMS anywhere in my body and only minimal stiffness despite laying dormant for so long. Once I actually got into the thick of my workout my overall muscular recovery remained on point. I didn't need much time at all in between sets and actually tried to get my rests to a minimum. Once I got a couple sips of PsyKO in me and a bit of water I was refocused and ready to go again.

Comments
    Overall, I am quite satisfied with the way that the last upper body power day of this log went. I managed to increase the weights on majority of the exercises today and I wasn't surprised by this as I really focused all of me energy during each set. I got an awesome pump going, especially in my chest and once again my vascularity was in check. I even felt more awake and alert during work today, which normally doesn't happen too often on a Monday lol. I have to work first thing tomorrow morning again which I prefer, so I should get close to 8 hours of sleep tonight.

What's Ahead in Day 29?
    Well since it could potentially be Montreal's last game of the season tomorrow I decided to make Tuesday instead of Wednesday my rest day this week so I could watch the game. This is probably a good thing as it will give my legs an extra day to rest before I slaughter them on lower body power day. Since I won't be lifting tomorrow I will lower my carb intake slightly but my water consumption will remain high. If anything I'll try to consume a little more than usual so that I stay hydrated and in an optimal state of recovery. We only have 2 days left brahs and I really want to finish strong and put the exclamation point on this log, so stay tuned for the grand finale!

Thread Information