Clear All

• CAMPAIGN Goes Norman Bates With Controlled Labs' "Purple PsyKO" Log

CAMPAIGN GOES NORMAN BATES WITH
    CONTROLLED LABS' "PURPLE PSYKO" LOG

CONTROLLED LABS PURPLE PSYKO

More information about Purple PsyKO

SUPPLEMENT FACTS

FOREWORD
    First of all I would like to personally thank 5Six and and Controlled Labs for giving me the opportunity to test this exciting new intraworkout product. I just finished a full two bottle cycle of the natural test booster Thrust by Magnum Nutraceuticals and as a result, I am trying to maintain as much of my gains as possible. I feel as though introducing a more complex intraworkout supplement into my regimen will not only help to maintain gains, but also assist me in my ultimate goal of bulking. It's almost like I'm going from elementary school straight to university by replacing my current intraworkout, Xtend, with the Purple PsyKO. It should compliment my already well-established supplement foundation and even help to add some lean muscle mass on my frame. With that being said, I have extensive experience with intraworkout products, including both Purple Wraath and InTrain, as well as Xtend, and Intrabolic. Therefore, as this log tracks my progress, I hope that it reflects the true potential of this product. I encourage everyone to comment and/or provide feedback on anything in this log, especially anything that might increase the effectiveness of the Purple PsyKO. Finally, I should note that I just started a new program, modeled after Layne Norton's update 2011 power and hypertrophy workout. This should coincide well with the start of the Purple PsyKO and I am hoping to see some noticeable gains in muscle size and strength.

GOALS
    With this Purple PsyKO log I will be taking note of...
    - Enhanced endurance
    - Increased training intensity
    - Improved pump
    - Enhanced recovery

BACKGROUND
    I have always been fascinated by the way in which a supplement can have an effect on one's body and therefore have a vast experience with many different products. Not wanting to turn to the "dark side," I have tried various different intraworkout products in hopes of finding that "edge" to be able to fight through lactic acid buildup during my workout, as well as preserve, and even gain, lean muscle mass. By supplementing with hydrolyzed whey protein and l-leucine, one should experience increased endurance, more intense pumps, and enhanced recovery. With that being said, I have experience and first hand knowledge of other intraworkout supplements to compare to Purple PsyKO. That way I'll be able to tell exactly what this product is capable of!

VITAL STATS
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 195lbs.
    Bodyfat: Approximately 12%
    Body type: Ecto-meso

DOSAGE
    Initial (First Serving ONLY)
    To assess your individual tolerance to this product, combine 1 scoop of Purple PsyKO with 10-15 oz of water for a tangy/sweet shake or 20 oz for a refreshing shake, mix with a spoon, and consume it during your workout

Regular Use
    Add 1-2 scoops of Purple PsyKO into 10-24 oz of cold water, and consume it during your workout. Make sure to mix the powder with a spoon as shaking it will cause a long lasting foam to appear on the surface of the liquid. For best results, Purple PsyKO should be used in combination with other Controlled Labs products, at least 1-2 gallons of water per day, and a high protein/moderate carbohydrate diet.

CURRENT DIET
    I am currently in the midst of a serious bulk and just recently completed 8 weeks of Plyorep's Size & Strength program. Since this required a high amount of calories to maintain a caloric surplus, I am expecting to keep my diet much the same since this program is just as demanding. Right now I'm sitting at 195lbs. with about 12% bodyfat and I would like to eventually get up around 200lbs. by the end of this log. I'm not too worried about gaining a little fat as I have an easy time burning it off when cutting. My macronutrient ratio is always different depending on what day it is, so once this log gets underway I'll post my numbers on a daily basis. I am somewhat carb sensitive so I make sure to carb cycle and eat less on days when I'm not training...this not only helps keep unwanted fat off, it also sets me up to replenish my glycogen levels at the end of the week. The following is a sample of my diet during a training day...

(Sample)
    Meal 1
    - 6-8 Egg Whites (1 yolk)
    - 1 Cup of Steel Cut Oats
    - 1/2 Cup of Blueberries

Meal 2
    - Protein Shake
    - Green Veggies
    - 1/3 Cup of Unsalted Sunflower Seeds
    - Can of Tuna
    - Cottage Cheese Cup

Meal 3 (Preworkout)
    - Chicken Breast
    - Whole Wheat Pasta
    - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Meal 4 (Postworkout)
    - Protein Shake

Meal 5
    - Chicken Breast/Steak
    - 1 Cup of Brown Rice

Meal 6
    - Lean protein of choice
    - Green veggies
    - Walnuts/Almonds

Meal 7
    - Cottage Cheese
    - 2-3tbsp. Natural Peanut Butter

CURRENT WORKOUT ROUTINE
    Day 1: Upper Body Power
    - Bent Over Rows
    - Weighted Wide Grip Pullups
    - Rack Chins
    - Flat DB Press
    - Weighted Dips
    - Seated DB Shoulder Press
    - EZ Bar Curls
    - Skull Crushers

Day 2: Lower Body Power
    - Squats
    - Hack Squats
    - Leg Extensions
    - Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    - Lying Leg Curls
    - Standing Calf Raises
    - Seated Calf Raises

Day 3: Rest

Day 4: Back/Shoulders Hypertrophy
    - Bent Over Rows
    - Rack Chins
    - Seated Cable Rows
    - DB Rows
    - Close Grip Pulldowns
    - Seated DB Press
    - Upright Rows
    - Lateral Raises

Day 5: Lower Body Hypertrophy
    - Squats
    - Hack Squats
    - Leg Press
    - Leg Extensions
    - Romanian Deadlifts
    - Lying Leg Curls
    - Seated Leg Curls
    - Donkey Calf Raises
    - Seated Calf Raises

Day 6: Chest/Arms Hypertrophy
    - Flat DB Press
    - Incline DB Press
    - Hammer Strength Chest Press
    - Incline Cable Flyes
    - EZ Bar Preacher Curls
    - DB Concentration Curls
    - Spider Curls
    - Seated Triceps Extension
    - Cable Pressdown
    - Cable Kickbacks

Day 7: Rest

Purple PsyKO has finally arrived in Canada!

So after returning home from work today I had a nice little package waiting for me! Thankfully my roommate was home to accept the package, as I would have missed it otherwise and had to wait until they tried to deliver it again. Needless to say, the Purple PsyKO is now in my possession and we can now officially get this log underway.

Since I received it this evening I plan on taking my first dose tomorrow morning during my workout!

Until my first official log entry a few pics to hold you brahs over...

I got hooked up with dem dere free samples!

I cannot wait to try the goodness that is Purple PsyKO...

Purple PsyKO is introduced to some of the fam...

There's still snow on the ground here in Canada, so I made sure that the little guy stayed nice and warm lulz

While I'm at it, I should take the time now to list the current supplements that I will be taking while using the Purple PsyKO. They are the following:
    - Controlled Labs Orange Triad
    - Equate Fish Oil
    - Jamieson Vitamin C
    - Xtreme Formulations Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein
    - AllMax Nutrition Razor8 (on occasion)

I am going to try and get starting pics up my the weekend, so stay posted brahs!

Comment

DAY 1

"A company...
      always on the run.
      A destiny,
      it's the rising sun.
      I was born...
      a shotgun in my hands.
      Behind the gun,
      I'll make my final stand!"

And my macronutrient ratio from Monday...

Sleep Duration: 7 hours
      Workout: Lower Body Power
      Squats [3 sets]
      225 x 5, 275 x 5, 315 x 3
      Hack Squats [2 sets]
      270 x 10, 320 x 9
      Leg Extensions [2 sets]
      180 x 10, 195 x 10
      SLDL's [3 sets]
      185 x 8, 205 x 8, 225 x 6
      Lying Leg Curls [2 sets]
      75 x 10, 90 x 8
      Standing Calf Raises [3 sets]
      100 x 10, 120 x 10, 140 x 10
      Seated Calf Raises [2 sets]
      70 x 10, 90 x 10

Workout Duration: 80 minutes
      Serving Size:
      Orange Triad: 2 capsules with breakfast; lunch; dinner
      Equate Fish Oil: 2 capsules with breakfast; 1 with lunch; 1 with dinner
      Jamieson Laboratories Vitamin C: 1g with breakfast; 500mg lunch; 1g postworkout
      Razor8 Blast Powder: 1 scoop 15 minutes preworkout
      Purple PsyKO: 2 scoops intraworkout
      XF Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein: 2 scoops postworkout

Notes
      Well today officially marks the start of this Purple PsyKO log and I couldn't wait to try this goodness! I just recently finished two bottles of Magnum Nutraceuticals Thrust and as a result my workouts have been somewhat sub par without the assistance of a natural anabolic. The timing of this log is perfect since I'm hoping that the Purple PsyKO will assist me in maintaining most of my gains from the Thrust. I'm also in the midst of bulking, and after reading PU's comparison between Wraath and PsyKO, I'm confident that it will also help me add even more lean muscle mass to my frame. Since this is an intraworkout product, I was expecting to feel the side effects immediately, and I did...but I will get to this in more detail a little later. I can't wait to have a Controlled Labs day and combine the Purple PsyKO with the free sample packs that I received! But I'm already getting ahead of myself, so let's find out how my first day on PsyKO went...

Enhanced Endurance
      Since PsyKO is an intraworkout supplement, I expect this area to be the most pronounced side effect. I've previously tried both Wraath and InTrain and they did a great job of enhancing my overall endurance, but it seems like PsyKO is on another level! Not only did my muscles hold out longer than they usually do when I don't take an intraworkout, but they also seemed to get rid of the lactic acid buildup quicker after I finished each set. At this point I am chalking up this enhanced endurance to the mega dose of leucine. Not only did my muscles hold out longer, they also seemed to use the leucine as fuel to produce more energy.

Increased Training Intensity
      My muscular endurance was great today, so consequently, my training intensity was through the roof! I had to workout first thing this morning since I had to work the closing shift at work tonight and usually I don't have a lot of energy lifting at this time. However, after I got the Razor8 in me and started sipping on the PsyKO my mindset went from unfocused to f*ckin' intense! I was literally visualizing each lift before I actually attempted it and I don't think that I took a rest set longer than 3 minutes because I was so pumped to get back to moving the heavy weight. I'm not sure if I can attribute this to the PsyKO yet, but I also had a real alpha mentality during my workout as well. I walked around like I owned the gym and I felt like the strongest muthaf*cker in there!

Improved Pump
      Well it was a little hard to measure my pump today since I find it a little harder to notice it in my legs. After I finished squats I could feel the blood rushing to my quads, but nothing out of the ordinary. The same thing goes for hamstrings and calves and I could tell that my legs were pumped because it hurt to walk around the gym during my rest sets. This lasted for most of my workout, but disappeared right as I finished. Legs doesn't give me a true indication of a product's ability to increase pump, but I will be keeping a close eye on this area in the coming days. I'm looking forward to seeing how my pump is once I get into the hypertrophy portion of the week!

Enhanced Recovery
      Well I can't really comment on overall muscular recovery yet since this is the first day that I'm taking the pump; but my initial impression is that it should do a decent job of helping my body recover after a tough workout. In terms of recovery while I lift, I noticed that I didn't need as long to rest today. Instead, I'd take a few deep breaths and a couple swigs of the PsyKO and I was ready to go again. Although I won't be taking the PsyKO prebed, I am curious as to what effect this supplement has on my sleep. I'm thinking that since I am able to push myself so hard during my workout, that I'll sleep like a baby as a result.

Comments
      Overall, I feel as though this log is off to an awesome start! I had a great lower body power workout today and I can't wait to put the PsyKO to the test during my hypertrophy days. It's nice to have so many of you guys following along and I'm going to do my best to hold it down for Canada! We're only a day into this log and I'm already reaping the benefits of Purple PsyKO. I'm hoping that at some point during this log I can give powercage's dosing protocol a try, that being 1 scoop Purple Wraath preworkout and 2 scoops Purple PsyKO intraworkout. But this will all come in good time so stay posted brahs...big things are on the horizon!

What's Ahead in Day 2?
      Rest! Layne Norton's updated power/hypertrophy routine calls for a rest day in between the powerlifting and hypertrophy portions of the week so tomorrow I will be doing just that. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow morning, but the good news is that I should get close to 8 hours of sleep. I plan on making sure that I am drinking water whenever I have the chance tomorrow and like usual, my diet will be in check. This should keep me in an anabolic state and set my body up nicely to recover for back and shoulders hypertrophy day on Thursday.

And of course, what would a CAMPAIGN log be without...

Comment

DAY 2

"My bones all resonate,
        a burning lullaby.
        You can’t take that from me...
        just go ahead and try."

And my macros from Tuesday...

Workout: Rest
        Serving Size:
        Jamieson Laboratories Vitamin C: 1g with breakfast; 500mg lunch; 1g dinner
        Purple PsyKO: 1 scoop in the afternoon
        XF Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein: 1 scoop in the morning; 1 scoop evening

Notes
        Well seeing as though today is Wednesday, that means it is a rest day from the gym, according to Layne Norton's new strength/hypertrophy routine. I body didn't feel overly exhausted from the two days of powerlifting movements this week, but it was still nice to take a day off from lifting to give my body the chance to fully recover. I'm always strict with my diet and workouts, but sometimes I forget that you need to rest in order for your muscles to grow. I should note that I decided to take a scoop of the Purple PsyKO today just as a means of preserving lean muscle mass and to keep my body in an anabolic state. My diet was in check today and I actually reduced my carb intake slightly since I didn't need the extra energy to lift. I managed to drink a good amount of water throughout the day, but not as much as I would have liked on an off day. But enough about the minor details, let's find out how my rest day went...

Enhanced Recovery
        I got just over 7 hours of sleep last night and I woke up this morning feeling pretty refreshed and reenergized. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS and only some slight stiffness from sleeping in the same position for so long last night. After getting up and walking around a little bit I could feel some slight soreness in my legs from my lower body workout yesterday, but it was nothing that would bother me for the remainder of the day. It's hard to say at this point if the Purple PsyKO is having any effect on my overall recovery, but I am pretty sure that I would have been sorer this morning had I not taken the PsyKO intraworkout yesterday. Only time will tell, so I'll be keeping a close eye on this in the coming weeks.

Comments
        Although it just wasn't the same not heading to the gym after work, it was nice to have a rest day in the middle of the week in order to give my body the opportunity to fully recover for my back and shoulders hypertrophy workout tomorrow. My water intake was decent today but I am going to push for more tomorrow; and like usual my diet was spot on. I don't have to work tomorrow which means that I can sleep in and should easily get well over 8 hours. I'm loving the taste of the new formula and I plan on messing around with different dosing protocols to find the sweet spot. So far I think I prefer less water for that tangy taste!

What's Ahead in Day 3?
        Well as I just noted, I have the day off from work tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to not having to set my alarm before I go to bed tonight. This should set me up nicely for my back and shoulders hypertrophy workout and I'm hoping that I see some explosive results! I don't think that I've ever worked shoulders together with back, so it should be an interesting workout to say the least. However, when I think about it, I do see Layne's logic behind putting these two muscle groups together. Shoulders are physically very close to the back and therefore blood flow will be mainly to the same general areas, creating hypertrophy for most of the upper torso. Stay posted brahs, tomorrow's log entry should be an interesting one...

And I leave you with a little gym motivation for tomorrow...

Comment

DAY 3

"Why can't we just admit it?
          Why can't we just admit it?
          We won't give pause until the blood is flowing.
          Neither the brave nor bold,
          will write as the story's told.
          We won't give pause until the blood is flowing!"

And my macros for Wednesday...

Sleep Duration: 8.5 hours
          Workout: Back/Shoulder Hypertrophy
          Smith Machine Bent Over Rows [6 sets]
          155 x 3, 165 x 3, 175 x 3, 185 x 3, 195 x 3, 205 x 3
          Rack Chins [3 sets]
          BW x 12, BW x 10. BW x 8
          Seated Cable Rows [3 sets]
          110 x 12, 120 x 10, 130 x 8
          DB Rows [2 sets]
          60 x 15, 70 x 12
          Close Grip Pulldowns [2 sets]
          120 x 20, 130 x 14
          Seated DB Press [3 sets]
          50 x 12, 60 x 10, 70 x 8
          Upright Rows [2 sets]
          50 x 15, 60 x 12
          Lateral Raises [3 sets]
          10 x 16, 15 x 14, 20 x 12

Workout Duration: 90 minutes
          Serving Size:
          Razor8 Blast Powder: 1 scoop 20 minutes preworkout

Notes
          Well it was awesome not having to work today as I got to sleep in and relax as I prepared for my upcoming workout. I did a couple errands around the house, but other than that I just chilled out and focused on the muscles that I'd be working today. I actually took the time to visualize each lift and imitated the movements, so as to increase my mind-muscle connection during my workout. After not getting as much water in me yesterday as I wanted to, I made sure I had a 1.5 liter water bottle near me at all times so I could sip on it as often as possible. Up to this point in the day I've probably consumed just over 3 liters, and of course my diet was flawless. I should note that I added a little extra water to the PsyKO today to see how it would taste as a refreshing shake' and I must say, I think I prefer the tangy/sweet method. The flavor reminds me of the pink classic bubblegum with a little bite to it, it's delicious! Anyways, an initial review is on it's way, so for now let's find out how my workout went today...

Enhanced Endurance
          Reflecting on my workout today I am actually quite impressed with how my muscles held out, especially since I've never worked back with shoulders before. After trying this workout for the first time I kind of see Layne's logic behind working these muscles on the same day. I think because they're so close together you're able to get an awesome pump since the blood is pumping to mainly the same general area. So far this has been the most noticeable side effect of the Purple PsyKO as I haven't really experienced any lactic acid build up since this log started. Instead I am finishing sets strong and only need a few deep breaths and a couple swigs of the PsyKO to be ready to destroy the weights again.

I didn't really notice much of an increase in my training intensity today, and would actually say that I was more psyched to lift on Tuesday. However, this isn't to say that I had a sh*tty workout, because this is definitely not the case. I was still amped to start lifting, I just didn't feel like I had as much of an alpha mentality today as I did my last workout. Because the PsyKO has already enhanced my overall muscular endurance it seems that I am able to push a littler harder than usual, since I know that I have the PsyKO in my corner helping me recover in between sets. The mega dose of leucine is a smart move on Controlled Labs' part, as I feel like I'm already reaping it's benefits three days into this log. I'm excited to see how this works once I'm like two weeks in!

Improved Pump
          I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that I was inducing hypertrophy on my back and shoulder muscles today, or because of the Purple PsyKO, but regardless I got a crazy pump going in my upper body! Right after my first set of bent over rows I could feel the blood rushing to my lats and this pump was only further enhanced by the secondary work that they received later in my workout. They were actually so pumped that it was almost painful to flex them lol. The same thing goes for my shoulders and I could actually see some veins start to pop out under my delts. This is very encouraging as I'm having a bit of a tough time putting on weight even though I'm downing like 4,000 cals a day. I'm hoping with the combination of this new workout program and the Purple PsyKO that I can get my weight up to 200lbs. by the time this log is finished.

Enhanced Recovery
          Waking up this morning I felt pretty good, but after getting out of bed and walking around a little bit I could feel some noticeable DOMS in my calves. I'm pretty positive that this is due to the fact that I did both seated and standing raises on lower body power day, but I didn't think they were bad enough to affect my workout today. One I actually got to lifting my recovery was in check. Although some of the exercises were high volume, my body seemed to recover a little quicker than normal during my rest sets and I was ready to go in no longer than 2 minutes. I should note that my lats were sore once I was finished my workout and this lasted for a good half an hour after I left the gym. However this didn't bother me and instead tells me that my workout was effective today!

Comments
          Well today I had a much needed day off work, as it felt like the work week was starting to catch up with me. It was awesome going to sleep last night not having to set an alarm, and even better sleeping in this morning. I didn't do much besides lounge around the house today so this gave me plenty of time to prepare for my workout. This preparation translated into some good results, as I managed to get an awesome pump going in my upper body. I have to work first thing in the morning tomorrow, but I should be able to get close to 8 hours of sleep tonight. I prefer working out in the early evening as it gives me the chance to get a full day's worth of food in me before I lift. I need dat dere carb energy brahs!

What's Ahead in Day 4?
          As I just mentioned, tomorrow will be a lower body hypertrophy day, so I am expecting a little higher volume with reduced weight. I can't wait to get a pump going in my quads and I love seeing the vascularity in my veins as I bust out each rep. I'm hoping that the DOMS in my calves go away by tomorrow as I have to do some more calf work at the end of my workout. I'm thinking about doing a Controlled Labs day soon, meaning I'll take the Reduction AM/PM Shots, as well as the Green Mag, White Flood, and Purple Wraath samples that I received. I'm especially interested in trying 1 scoop of Wraath preworkout and 2 scoops of PsyKO intraworkout as powercage seems to love this stack. But I have to wait for the perfect day as I really want to take full advantage of these samples. Stay posted brahs, big things are in the works!

And in anticipation of my lower body hypertrophy workout tomorrow, I present to you...

Comment

Sweet log, ready for more updates

Comment

He means more pictures.
              laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                He means more pictures.
                Im allowed to ask for more pictures of one of them >:[

Comment

DAY 4

"And you'll wait for me...
                  unlock the door.
                  I want the truth 'cause,
                  if it's exactly what it claims to be....
                  then it may just set me free!"

And my macros from Thursday...

Workout: Lower Body Hypertrophy
                  Squats [6 sets]
                  185 x 3, 205 x 3, 225 x 3, 245 x 3, 255 x 3, 275 x 3
                  Hack Squats [3 sets]
                  (Per Side) 115 x 12, 135 x 10, 160 x 8
                  Leg Press [2 sets]
                  360 x 15, 450 x 12
                  Leg Extensions [3 sets]
                  120 x 19, 135 x 17, 150 x 15
                  Romanian DL's [3 sets]
                  135 x 12, 185 x 10, 225 x 8
                  Lying Leg Curls [2 sets]
                  45 x 15, 60 x 12
                  Seated Leg Curls [2 sets]
                  90 x 17, 100 x 15
                  45 Degree Calf Raises [4 sets]
                  30 x 15, 45 x 13, 60 x 11, 75 x 10
                  Seated Calf Raises [3 sets]
                  20 x 19, 50 x 17, 70 x 15

Workout Duration: 95 minutes
                  Serving Size:

Notes
                  Well Friday is finally upon us and that means that the weekend is just around the corner, and I'm definitely looking forward to relaxing and recovering. However, it might be tough to do this as I have a chest and arms hypertrophy workout tomorrow and am playing in a hockey tournament on Sunday. This might actually be a good thing since I'll get to see if the Purple PsyKO has any effect on my cardiovascular system. Since I figured that today would be a pretty taxing on my body, I decided to up my carb intake slightly so that I had some extra energy during my workout. Anyways, enough about my macros, let's find out how my lower body hypertrophy workout went...

Enhanced Endurance
                  So far, today's workout has been the toughest of the week, yet this still didn't slow me down. Instead, I found that my muscles were able to keep up with my lifts and even though they were sore from lactic acid buildup, I was still able to fight through the pain to finish strong. Upon first look it would appear as though this workout isn't very challenging since I'm only doing 2 or 3 sets for each exercise. However the high number of reps (as many as 20!) really work the muscles well, to the point that it's almost painful by the end lol. I'm pretty confident that had I not had the Purple PsyKO on my side, I definitely would have come up short on a few sets.

After a little dip in my training intensity yesterday, it was right back on track today. I got that aggressive alpha mentality going again and this translated into some serious lifts. I always try to get myself extra pumped up for legs day so I had the tunes blasting in the car while I drove to the gym. There's nothing like a little Priestess to get you in the mood to destroy the weights! This increased aggressiveness lasted for the duration of my workout, and even though I was exhausted by the end I still felt like I was the strongest muthaf*cka in there.

Improved Pump
                  Because of the overall objective of achieving hypertrophy in my lower body, I got an insane pump going today! Right after I was finished my 6 sets of squats my quads felt ridiculously pumped and this was only further enhanced by secondary movements. I could literally feel the blood rushing to my muscles and my veins were popping through my skin and ran all the way down into my calves. The same thing goes for my hamstrings, to the point that it was painful to walk around in between sets. Going down the 30 sets of stairs after my workout was quite the challenge lol. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workout as I love the feeling of getting a pump going in my chest and arms.

Enhanced Recovery
                  Well after commenting on the DOMS in my calves yesterday, the good news is that this soreness was gone by the time I woke up this morning. I got just over 7 hours of sleep and I felt as though this was adequate enough rest to get my body fully recovered and prepared for today's workout. Once I actually got to the weights my overall muscular endurance was on point. My muscles were burning after I few of the higher volume sets but they recovered a lot quicker than normal after taking a few swigs of the Purple PsyKO. Besides this, a couple deep breaths and a walk around the gym and I was ready to go on my next set.

Comments
                  Overall I am very satisfied with the way that my workout went today and I feel as though I really made some progress towards getting that total separation that I want in my quads. I'm loving the vascularity that I'm getting in my legs now and my pump was also off the charts! At one point I almost fell over because my legs were so exhausted after a heavy set of leg extensions. However I don't mind this feeling at all, as this just means that I busted my ass today. Hopefully this increased intensity carries over to my workout tomorrow and I can finish the week on a strong note. I'm loving Layne's new power/hypertrophy routine so far and I'm only one week in!

What's Ahead in Day 5?
                  As I just noted, tomorrow will be the last day of my workout week and I'm hoping to finish strong with a big chest and arms hypertrophy workout! Luckily I don't have to work tomorrow and will only be doing some things around the house, so that means that I should have lots of time to relax and prepare for my workout. Once again I am going to make a point of visualizing each lift before I actually attempt them, as I find that this helps tremendously with developing a mind-muscle connection. As I mentioned in the intro, I am playing in a hockey tournament on Sunday, so I'll have to make sure that I'm eating even more carbs than usual to make up for the calories that I'm going to burn skating hard all day.

And finally, I leave you brahs with a little weekend eye candy...

Comment

DAY 5

LIFT IN COLOR

(mirin today's gym attire? )

And my macros from Friday...

Workout: Chest/Arms Hypertrophy
                    DB Bench Press [6 sets]
                    75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3
                    DB Incline Press [3 sets]
                    60 x 12, 70 x 10, 85 x 8
                    Hammer Strength Chest Press [3 sets]
                    (Per Side) 45 x 15, 70 x 4, 90 x 12
                    Incline DB Flyes [2 sets]
                    40 x 19, 50 x 17
                    EZ Bar Preacher Curls [3 sets]
                    50 x 12, 60 x 10, 70 x 8
                    DB Concentration Curls [2 sets]
                    20 x 13, 25 x 12
                    Spider Curls [2 sets]
                    40 x 20, 50 x 18
                    Seated EZ Bar Tricep Extension [3 sets]
                    60 x 12, 70 x 10, 80 x 8
                    Rope Pushdowns [2 sets]
                    50 x 15, 60 x 12
                    Cable Kickbacks [2 sets]
                    20 x 20, 25 x 15

Workout Duration: 100 minutes
                    Serving Size:
                    Reduction AM Shot: 1 scoop 30 minutes before breakfast
                    Green Magnitude: 1 scoop 30 minutes preworkout
                    White Flood: 1 scoop 20 minutes preworkout
                    Purple Wraath: 1 scoop 20 minutes preworkout

Notes
                    Well you may have noticed the Lift in Color title at the beginning of this log entry, and the reason for this is that I decided to use all of my samples that I received with the Purple PsyKO to make it a Controlled Labs day! I started with a Reduction AM shot first thing this morning upon waking and I replaced my usual preworkout with the White Flood, Green Mag, and Purple Wraath sample packets as recommended by powercage. Although I don't want to give anything away in the intro, let me tell you, what a workout it was! I was filled with energy once the Reduction AM shot kicked in and this was only enhanced once I downed the White Flood. Anyways, enough talk, let's find out how my Controlled Labs day went...

Enhanced Endurance
                    All I can say is, WOW! My overall muscular endurance was unreal today while taking this Controlled Labs stack. I feel as though the Wraath preworkout really helps prepare your muscles for the beating they are about to take, in the sense that it feels like they are protected by this invisible layer. I think this is due to the fact that the EAA's in the Wraath are being fully absorbed in the muscles preworkout and then the PsyKO intraworkout mixes with it to give you some awesome synergistic effects! Lactic acid wasn't even in my vocabulary today and I was able to finish each set with ease. In fact, I felt as though I could have gone heavier on a couple exercises because my muscles were feeling so good. I couldn't even imagine how my workout would have been had I added Blue Gene to this stack as well!

I'm a self-admitted stim junkie and the Razor8 does a great job pumping me up to lift, but today my intensity was on another level. It all started with the Reduction AM shot, as taking this on an empty stomach really got me going due to the natural caffeine found in it. This heightened alertness and energy was only enhanced once I got the White Flood in me, and by the time I was ready to lift I had developed that alpha mentality again. This translated into some good movements in the gym and I felt incredibly strong for the duration of my workout. At one point I wanted to go heavier because doing 65-70% of my 5 rep max was just too easy! I felt like I was the strongest muthaf*cka in there and I could swear at one point that I saw some brahs mirin my lifts from afar. Maybe it was the flashy Controlled Labs gear that I wore today

Improved Pump
                    Chest and arms are two of my favorite muscle groups to work, so naturally, I can get a pretty awesome pump going in them and today served as no exception. In fact, I felt as though my pump was a little stronger today than it normally is, to the point that it was painful to flex in between sets lol. Right from my first set of DB chest presses I could feel the blood rushing to my pecs and this was only further enhanced by the secondary chest exercises. The same thing goes for my arms, and I didn't seem to struggle as much on the last couple reps of curls, probably thanks to the added creatine that I got from the Green Mag! Regardless, I felt like a beast today and my vascularity make me look like one too. My veins were literally pulsating from my forearms and ran all the way up through my biceps and into my shoulders. I should also note that I noticed some vascularity in my quads while I was getting changed, and I didn't even work legs today!

Enhanced Recovery
                    Since I got to sleep in as late I wanted this morning, I woke up feeling really refreshed and well rested. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS anywhere in my body and only some minor stiffness from laying dormant for so long. A few quick stretches in the shower and they disappeared shortly after. Once I actually got into the thick of my workout my overall recovery was on point. In fact, not only did my muscles seem to recover quicker, they also seemed to regain that explosiveness that I had when I started my workout. This almost never happens and I can usually feel myself getting progressively weaker as I get deeper into my workout. Even though this is by the smallest of margins, it was very encouraging that I didn't experience this today!

Comments
                    Overall, I must say that this has been my best workout so far this log. I absolutely loved the Controlled Labs stack that I threw down today, and I still plan on finishing it off with a Reduction PM shot before bed tonight! Powercage is a genius combining Wraath with the PsyKO and I would recommend this stack to anyone looking for an insane amount of muscular endurance and recovery. My pump was off the charts and my vascularity continues to impress me. I love seeing veins protruding from my skin during the day when I'm not working out, I feel so alpha lol.

What's Ahead in Day 6?
                    Well tomorrow is technically rest day from both work and the gym, but as I mentioned a couple days ago, I'm playing in a hockey tournament. I have 3 games only hours apart so I definitely plan on taking the Purple PsyKO during these games. I'll need all of the added endurance that I can get and this will also give me a good indication of the PsyKO's effect on the cardiovascular system. I don't have to be at the rink until 10:30AM so I should be able to get close to 8 hours of sleep again tonight. Even if I don't I'm confident that I'll feel decent waking up tomorrow since I plan on taking the Reduction PM before bed tonight. Not only should this help put me in a deeper state of sleep, it should also helps my muscles recover a bit faster, especially my legs since I don't want any DOMS while I skate tomorrow. But enough about tomorrow, let's focus on today and get to the best part of this log...

I'd drag my dick through a thousand miles of broken glass just to hear her piss in a tin can over the phone!

Comment

DAY 5

LIFT IN COLOR

(mirin today's gym attire? )

And my macros from Friday...

Workout: Chest/Arms Hypertrophy
                      DB Bench Press [6 sets]
                      75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3, 75 x 3
                      DB Incline Press [3 sets]
                      60 x 12, 70 x 10, 85 x 8
                      Hammer Strength Chest Press [3 sets]
                      (Per Side) 45 x 15, 70 x 4, 90 x 12
                      Incline DB Flyes [2 sets]
                      40 x 19, 50 x 17
                      EZ Bar Preacher Curls [3 sets]
                      50 x 12, 60 x 10, 70 x 8
                      DB Concentration Curls [2 sets]
                      20 x 13, 25 x 12
                      Spider Curls [2 sets]
                      40 x 20, 50 x 18
                      Seated EZ Bar Tricep Extension [3 sets]
                      60 x 12, 70 x 10, 80 x 8
                      Rope Pushdowns [2 sets]
                      50 x 15, 60 x 12
                      Cable Kickbacks [2 sets]
                      20 x 20, 25 x 15

Workout Duration: 100 minutes
                      Serving Size:
                      Reduction AM Shot: 1 scoop 30 minutes before breakfast
                      Green Magnitude: 1 scoop 30 minutes preworkout
                      White Flood: 1 scoop 20 minutes preworkout
                      Purple Wraath: 1 scoop 20 minutes preworkout

Notes
                      Well you may have noticed the Lift in Color title at the beginning of this log entry, and the reason for this is that I decided to use all of my samples that I received with the Purple PsyKO to make it a Controlled Labs day! I started with a Reduction AM shot first thing this morning upon waking and I replaced my usual preworkout with the White Flood, Green Mag, and Purple Wraath sample packets as recommended by powercage. Although I don't want to give anything away in the intro, let me tell you, what a workout it was! I was filled with energy once the Reduction AM shot kicked in and this was only enhanced once I downed the White Flood. Anyways, enough talk, let's find out how my Controlled Labs day went...

Enhanced Endurance
                      All I can say is, WOW! My overall muscular endurance was unreal today while taking this Controlled Labs stack. I feel as though the Wraath preworkout really helps prepare your muscles for the beating they are about to take, in the sense that it feels like they are protected by this invisible layer. I think this is due to the fact that the EAA's in the Wraath are being fully absorbed in the muscles preworkout and then the PsyKO intraworkout mixes with it to give you some awesome synergistic effects! Lactic acid wasn't even in my vocabulary today and I was able to finish each set with ease. In fact, I felt as though I could have gone heavier on a couple exercises because my muscles were feeling so good. I couldn't even imagine how my workout would have been had I added Blue Gene to this stack as well!

I'm a self-admitted stim junkie and the Razor8 does a great job pumping me up to lift, but today my intensity was on another level. It all started with the Reduction AM shot, as taking this on an empty stomach really got me going due to the natural caffeine found in it. This heightened alertness and energy was only enhanced once I got the White Flood in me, and by the time I was ready to lift I had developed that alpha mentality again. This translated into some good movements in the gym and I felt incredibly strong for the duration of my workout. At one point I wanted to go heavier because doing 65-70% of my 5 rep max was just too easy! I felt like I was the strongest muthaf*cka in there and I could swear at one point that I saw some brahs mirin my lifts from afar. Maybe it was the flashy Controlled Labs gear that I wore today

Improved Pump
                      Chest and arms are two of my favorite muscle groups to work, so naturally, I can get a pretty awesome pump going in them and today served as no exception. In fact, I felt as though my pump was a little stronger today than it normally is, to the point that it was painful to flex in between sets lol. Right from my first set of DB chest presses I could feel the blood rushing to my pecs and this was only further enhanced by the secondary chest exercises. The same thing goes for my arms, and I didn't seem to struggle as much on the last couple reps of curls, probably thanks to the added creatine that I got from the Green Mag! Regardless, I felt like a beast today and my vascularity make me look like one too. My veins were literally pulsating from my forearms and ran all the way up through my biceps and into my shoulders. I should also note that I noticed some vascularity in my quads while I was getting changed, and I didn't even work legs today!

Enhanced Recovery
                      Since I got to sleep in as late I wanted this morning, I woke up feeling really refreshed and well rested. I didn't have any noticeable DOMS anywhere in my body and only some minor stiffness from laying dormant for so long. A few quick stretches in the shower and they disappeared shortly after. Once I actually got into the thick of my workout my overall recovery was on point. In fact, not only did my muscles seem to recover quicker, they also seemed to regain that explosiveness that I had when I started my workout. This almost never happens and I can usually feel myself getting progressively weaker as I get deeper into my workout. Even though this is by the smallest of margins, it was very encouraging that I didn't experience this today!

Comments
                      Overall, I must say that this has been my best workout so far this log. I absolutely loved the Controlled Labs stack that I threw down today, and I still plan on finishing it off with a Reduction PM shot before bed tonight! Powercage is a genius combining Wraath with the PsyKO and I would recommend this stack to anyone looking for an insane amount of muscular endurance and recovery. My pump was off the charts and my vascularity continues to impress me. I love seeing veins protruding from my skin during the day when I'm not working out, I feel so alpha lol.

What's Ahead in Day 6?
                      Well tomorrow is technically rest day from both work and the gym, but as I mentioned a couple days ago, I'm playing in a hockey tournament. I have 3 games only hours apart so I definitely plan on taking the Purple PsyKO during these games. I'll need all of the added endurance that I can get and this will also give me a good indication of the PsyKO's effect on the cardiovascular system. I don't have to be at the rink until 10:30AM so I should be able to get close to 8 hours of sleep again tonight. Even if I don't I'm confident that I'll feel decent waking up tomorrow since I plan on taking the Reduction PM before bed tonight. Not only should this help put me in a deeper state of sleep, it should also helps my muscles recover a bit faster, especially my legs since I don't want any DOMS while I skate tomorrow. But enough about tomorrow, let's focus on today and get to the best part of this log...

I'd drag my dick through a thousand miles of broken glass just to hear her piss in a tin can over the phone!

Comment

DAY 6

"I ain't the one for competition I’ma blow it out.
                        I’m going hard I don’t ever plan on going out!"

And my macros for Saturday...

Sleep Duration: 8 hours
                        Workout: Rest; 3 games of competitive hockey
                        Serving Size:
                        Razor8 Blast Powder: 1 scoop 20 minutes before game
                        Purple PsyKO: 1 scoop during the game
                        XF Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein: 2 scoops AM and PM

Notes
                        Well although today was technically a rest day, I really didn't get much rest due to the fact that I played 3 games of hockey for the annual Heart & Stroke charity tournament. I knew that I would be burning thousands of calories skating hard for 3 games so I made extra sure that I packed back the carbs today since I'm supposed to be carbing up. I'm talking I downed another whole pizza today and packed back a sandwich and donut form Tim Horton's. Not to mention the brown rice and banana, haha. The funny thing is, I feel leaner than I do yesterday even though I've consumed close to 400g of carbs already today. Anyways, enough about my diet, let's find out how the PsyKO works with the cardiovascular system.

Enhanced Endurance
                        Well after playing three games of competitive hockey today I'm absolutely exhausted and really just want to sit around the house for the rest of the night. However the one thing that I did notice was that I didn't start to feel fatigued until near the end of the third game. Usually I'd be gassed by the end of the second, but today my body held out for almost the entire tournament. In terms of in game action, my endurance was definitely on point and even slightly better than normal. Even though I was skating hard right from the start of the game I'd didn't find myself out of breath as early as I usually do. Instead I was able to fight through the fatigue and get my breathing back on track so that I was ready for my next shift no more than 2 minutes after I got off the ice.

Enhanced Recovery
                        Not only was my endurance slightly enhanced during the game, my recovery was as well, in the sense that I was able to regain my stamina in between shifts with a quick swig of Gatorade and a few deep breaths. I woke up this morning with only some minor stiffness in my legs but this did not cause me any problems during the tournament. They felt loose and strong for most of the day, but by the time the end of the third game rolled around they definitely felt weighed down and heavier than they did at the start of the day. I actually thought that I would have a lot more pain in my legs than I actually did, and I'm quite impressed with the way they functioned on the ice.

Comments
                        Overall, even though today wasn't much of a rest day, it was nice to get on the ice again. I was pretty impressed with how my legs held out after enduring 3 full games and even my cardiovascular system seemed at the top of its game. Although my overall performance was increased due to taking the Purple PsyKO today, I must say that I think it has more of a profound effect during weight training as opposed to a cardiovascular based sport. This isn't to say that taking the Purple PsyKO was a complete waste, in fact the opposite held true, it's just that the ingredients in the PsyKO are more focused around muscular endurance. I think that the Purple Wraath would be the best bet for cardiovascular activities since it is primarily made up of EAA's.

What's Ahead in Day 7?
                        Well tomorrow might be a bit of a tough day since I have to get up extra early to attend a conference while already trying to fight off the fatigue of playing three game of hockey today. I'm supposed to start the week with off with a lower body power workout but I might switch this in favour of upper body power, since my legs will most likely have DOMS tomorrow. I am going to make sure that my diet is in check and that I am taking in as much water as possible so that I'm both mentally and physically prepared for an explosive workout. Stay posted brahs, I'm hoping for a big week!

And finally, a little something to start Monday off right...

Comment

DAY 7

"It’s my thing, it’s real, I’m in tune...
                          I chill like the cold side of the moon!"

My macros were completely out of whack on Sunday due to playing in that hockey tournament, so I'm not even gonna bother posting them today lol.

Sleep Duration: 6.5 hours
                          Workout: Upper Body Power
                          Bent Over Rows [3 sets]
                          185 x 5, 205 x 5, 225 x 5
                          Wide Grip Pullups [2 sets]
                          BW x 10, BW x 10
                          Rack Chins [2 sets]
                          BW x 10, BW x 10
                          Flat DB Press [3 sets]
                          70 x 12, 80 x 10, 95 x 8
                          Weighted Dips [2 sets]
                          205 x 10, 205 x 10
                          Seated DB Shoulder Press [3 sets]
                          50 x 12, 60 x 10, 70 x 8
                          Straight Bar Curls [3 sets]
                          50 x 12, 60 x 10, 70 x 8
                          Skull Crushers [3 sets]
                          70 x 12, 80 x 10, 90 x 8

Workout Duration: 75 minutes
                          Serving Size:
                          Razor8 Blast Powder: 1 scoop 20 minutes preworkout

Notes
                          Well today was a bit of a rough day since I had to get up at the crack of crow's piss to attend a conference for work. As a result, I only managed to get just over 6 hours of sleep last night, so I was hoping that I wouldn't be too tired by the time that my workout rolled around. The conference was a full day so I packed all my food and water ahead of time to make sure that I stayed hydrated and that my water intake was in check. They actually ended up serving a pretty decent lunch, so I ended up having some extra salad as I don't mind the few extra carbs before my workout! Anyways, it's late and I have to get up the same time tomorrow morning so I'm going to jump right into things. I apologize in advance if this log entry is a little shorter, but I need my rest, it's how you grow!

Enhanced Endurance
                          Even though I had to sit still in a conference room all day my overall endurance during my workout was on point. I felt a little fatigue near the end of my sets, presumably because I was only operating on 6 hours of sleep, but I was able to fight through this and my muscles held out just long enough to complete each set successfully.

Well after sitting in a small conference room all day, I couldn't wait to hit the weights! As a result I was pumped and ready to go and this feeling was only further enhanced once I got the Razor8 in me. This increased intensity lasted for the duration of my workout and I was actually still amped up as I was leaving...mainly because I was complaining about how crowded the facility was, haha. I didn't really feel that alpha feeling that I've been getting the last couple days, mostly because the environment wasn't very conducive to this. However, I did find myself getting mad at the weights and this translated into some pretty solid results.

Improved Pump
                          The one good thing about this gym is that you're allowed to wear sleeveless shirts, so the first opportunity I had I stripped off the short sleeve shirt and let the gun show out! This was awesome for my workout as I could actually watch the muscle working and visualize it growing at the same time. Also, it was very motivating to see the pump and vascularity that I got going today as it's normally covered up by my sleeves lol. My entire upper body felt tight and pumped and I could feel the blood rushing to each muscle as I worked it. In terms of vascularity, my veins were literally pulsating out of my arms and they seemed to get thicker with each set! Hopefully this carries over to my lower body workout tomorrow as I love seeing new veins in my quads.

Enhanced Recovery
                          I was actually a little disappointed with my recovery today and I think that this definitely relates to the little sleep that I got last night. My muscles still had the chance to recover overnight, but I don't think that they recovered fully, as I still had some DOMS in my legs and groin region. It didn't help that I played 3 games of hockey yesterday, so I was sort of expecting to have some stiffness in my lower region this morning. Once I actually got to the weights I felt as though it took me a little longer to catch my breath and prepare for my next set. This didn't affect my workout at all, I was just trying to fight off the lack of sleep, to make sure that my next set was explosive!

Comments
                          Despite the hectic work schedule and getting up early today, I still feel as though I was pretty successful and took small steps towards my ultimate goal of bulking. It looks as though I'm already up a couple pounds and I don't just think that this is from the fluctuation in my weight. I got a really good pump going today and like usual my vascularity was off the charts! The weight room was absolutely packed today but somehow I managed to get in my entire workout without having to wait too long for a set of dumbbells or a machine.

What's Ahead in Day 8?
                          Well unfortunately tomorrow I have to get up the same time in the morning, which means I'm only going to get close to 6 hours of sleep again. I was able to make it through the day, so I'm hoping that the same thing goes tomorrow and I can have an effective workout. Since it's Tuesday, this means I'll be doing lower body power day which includes squats and stiff legged deadlifts. Hopefully my legs are fully recovered from the 3 games of hockey that I played on Sunday as I really want to start focusing on improving the strength in my legs, and specifically my quads. Stay tuned brahs as we've got some work to put in tomorrow!

And no matter how busy I get, I'll always have time to leave you with...

Comment

DAY 8

"Ain't no competition...
                            you just shut up and listen.
                            Know you want me to fall,
                            I don’t do nothing but ball!"

And my macros from Monday...

Sleep Duration: 6 hours
                            Workout: Rest
                            Serving Size:
                            Purple PsyKO: 1 scoop in the afternoon
                            XF Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein: 1 scoop AM; 1 scoop PM

Notes
                            Well I'm sure you noticed by now that I ended up taking a rest day today instead of working lower body power, but unfortunately it had to happen. I finished my last day of the conference around 5PM but it took a couple hours to get home because of traffic so that's when I decided that I would rest today instead of tomorrow. I think that this was a justified decision because 1. I still had some DOMS in my legs, especially my groin and 2. I was both mentally and physically exhausted due to lack of sleep the last two nights. I'm going to get a full 8 hour sleep tonight and then hit the lower body hard tomorrow! So without further ado, let's find out how my rest day was...

Enhanced Recovery
                            Well as I mentioned in the intro, I still have some pretty painful DOMS in my legs, namely my quads and groin. I know this is a direct result of playing 3 games of competitive hockey on Sunday and there is no supplement or compound in the world that could have fully recovered my legs only two days later. Also, it doesn't help that I've only been getting an average of 2 hours of sleep the last couple nights. It's nice to be back home and sleeping in my own bed so I should get close to 8 hours tonight. I have to get up a little earlier but I do expect to feel fully recovered by tomorrow morning.

Comments
                            Well thankfully the hectic part of my work week is over and I can finally get back to my normal routine. I'm looking forward to getting a full 8 hour sleep tonight and I can't wait to hit the weights tomorrow! I am going to ensure that I consume lots of water tomorrow and that my diet is in check so that I set myself up for a successful workout. I took a scoop of the Purple PsyKO earlier this evening as a means of preserving muscle and keeping me in an anabolic state during my rest day. Finally, I should also note that I lowered my carb intake slightly today as well since I wasn't lifting, but my caloric intake remained the same.

What's Ahead in Day 9?
                            Well tomorrow I have to get up a bit earlier then usual to complete an inventory count at work but I should still manage to get close to 8 hours of sleep tonight. Since I work first thing in the morning that means that I'll get to the gym by the early evening, which is prime time for me. I always like having a full day's worth of food in me before I lift since I need those carbs for energy! I still have some DOMS in my legs from hockey on Sunday but they definitely aren't as bad as they were this morning. I'm hoping that tomorrow morning they are completely gone, or at least reduced enough that I won't notice them during my workout.

And of course, last but definitely not least...

Comment

DAY 9

LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND!!!!

And my macros for Tuesday...

Sleep Duration: 7.5 hours
                              Workout: Lower Body Power
                              Squats [3 sets]
                              225 x 5, 275 x 5, 315 x 3 - no change
                              Hack Squats [2 sets]
                              270 x 10, 320 x 10 +1 rep
                              Leg Extensions [2 sets]
                              180 x 10, 195 x 10 - no change
                              SLDL's [3 sets]
                              185 x 8, 205 x 8, 230 x 6 +5lbs.
                              Lying Leg Curls [2 sets]
                              75 x 10, 90 x 8 - no change
                              Standing Calf Raises [3 sets]
                              100 x 10, 120 x 10, 140 x 10 - no change
                              Seated Calf Raises [2 sets]
                              70 x 10, 90 x 10 - no change

Workout Duration: 90 minutes
                              Serving Size:

Notes
                              Well it felt really good to finally get back into my regular routine after being away at a conference for the last two days. I had to work first thing this morning but luckily I went to bed quite early last night so I managed to get close to 8 hours of sleep. One thing that I like about working out in the early evening is that it gives me the opportunity to get a full day's worth of food in me before I lift. Being on the road the last couple days it was tough to make sure that I was getting enough calories to continue my bulk; so today it was nice to be able to do this with ease and without being pressed for time. Anyways, I don't want to bore you with my diet, let's get right into my lower body power workout...

Enhanced Endurance
                              Even though I didn't have any DOMS in my legs waking up this morning, I was still concerned that my legs would lack endurance after pushing them so hard on Sunday. However this was not the case, and it ended up being the complete opposite, in that my leg muscles held out great today. In fact, now that I think about it I don't even really remember them being that sore once the lactic acid started to build up and I neared the end of my workout. Even though I took my rest day yesterday instead of today, I'm still confident that this enhanced endurance will carry over into my hypertrophy workouts this week.

Although I didn't get that alpha mentality feeling today, I was extremely amped to hit the weights after bumping some Nine Inch Nails in the car on the way to the gym. I found myself literally jumping around in anticipation of lifting and I was even visualizing the motions of my workout before I got there. Once I actually started lifting my intensity was steady and remained this way for the duration of my workout. I was pretty exhausted by the time I was done, like I am after every leg workout, but surprisingly I wasn't as tired as I usually am. I think this is because I went to bed so early last night, haha.

Improved Pump
                              One of the reasons that I've being loving working legs lately is that I have these newly discovered veins that protrude out from my quads and down into my calves whenever I get a good pump going. Right from my first set of squats I could feel the blood rushing to my quads, and like usual, there were the veins thick as ever. My quads felt really tight and this pump was only enhanced as I went through the secondary movements. The same thing goes for my hamstrings and calves and I wouldn't be surprised if the DOMS returned tomorrow since I really pushed myself today.

Enhanced Recovery
                              I noted yesterday that I hoped the DOMS in my legs, specifically my quads and groin, were gone by the time I woke up this morning. This held true, and I only had some very minor stiffness in them, which was easily eliminated after a couple of quick stretches. Once I got into the thick of my workout my overall recovery was in check and I didn't have any soreness in my legs at all. I did take a little longer rest sets today but this wasn't because I was fatigued, it was actually due to the fact that I had to wait for racks and weights a few times. What a day, I get there looking for a squat rack and they are all used up my guys doing pullups and curls ffffffffffuuuuuuuuu. This made me rage but translated into me taking this aggression out on the weights.

Comments
                              Like I mentioned in the intro, it feels great to be back home and get my workout week back on track. Even though I had to wait for weights and racks today, I still managed to get in a decent workout and definitely took a step in the right direction towards my ultimate goal of bulking. Despite the fact that I didn't have that alpha mentality again today, I still managed to get a killer pump going and my vascularity was through the roof! I have the day off from work tomorrow so that means I get to sleep in and relax before I hit the weights. This should give me ample time to prepare both mentally and physically as well as let me visualize my lifts before I actually attempt them.

What's Ahead in Day 10?
                              Seeing as though tomorrow is Thursday, this means that I'll be getting into the hypertrophy part of the week. Thankfully I don't have to work tomorrow, so that means that I'll be sleeping in and resting before I hit the weights tomorrow. I'm going to make sure that my water intake is top notch and that my diet is spot on so that I set myself up for a successful back/shoulders hypertrophy workout. Stay posted brahs, as I'm aiming for a big week this week...let the hypertrophy begin!

And today, I leave you with some video motivation...

Comment

Working...
                              X