Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oximega Greens ok to have on an empty stomach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oximega Greens ok to have on an empty stomach?

I am currently doing intermittent fasting and sometimes don't eat my first meal until 3pm. I noticed the directions for the greens suggest "with breakfast". 2 questions.....1. Is there a reason it would be better earlier part of day? 2. Does it cause stomach problems for some if taken on an empty stomach? Thanks in advance for your repy.

Originally posted by MASSter View Post
    I am currently doing intermittent fasting and sometimes don't eat my first meal until 3pm. I noticed the directions for the greens suggest "with breakfast". 2 questions.....1. Is there a reason it would be better earlier part of day? 2. Does it cause stomach problems for some if taken on an empty stomach? Thanks in advance for your repy.
    You should not be skipping breakfast (or lunch for that matter if you are eating around 3pm....I would usually have at least 3 meals by then). It is very important to get those nutrients/calories in after you have fasted all night long during sleep (prevents you from going catabolic and fuels you during the day). The reason you take it early is because it is optimal to take it around breakfast (after being fasted all night) and then again around dinner to keep a steady supply in your system.

Most importantly tho you should be having a quality breakfast whether you are cutting or bulking
    Last edited by wheyfocused; 02-02-2011, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the response. But with all due respect I am not here to debate meal frequency but would still still like to know if it's ok to consume on empty stomach.

Comment

It shouldn't be a problem to take it on an empty stomach. You may want to try half a scoop to make sure though, everyone is different.
        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by wheyfocused View Post
          You should not be skipping breakfast (or lunch for that matter if you are eating around 3pm....I would usually have at least 3 meals by then). It is very important to get those nutrients/calories in after you have fasted all night long during sleep (prevents you from going catabolic and fuels you during the day). The reason you take it early is because it is optimal to take it around breakfast (after being fasted all night) and then again around dinner to keep a steady supply in your system.

Most importantly tho you should be having a quality breakfast whether you are cutting or bulking
          Wheyfocus, what's your breakfast like?
          I normally have:
          - 3 whole omega eggs
          -1 rye toast with cheese
          -1/2 banana & 1 kiwi with 200gr greek yog
          -1 large espresso
          - 3 orange triad + 2tbs udo's choice
          this is the light version as I hit the gym 1 hour after
          here, near to the polar circle, heading towards the long & cold winter ....but I got my CL stack: OT, BG, PW, OX

Comment

Originally posted by wheyfocused View Post

exactly and the digestive aids are appropriate around meal times, hence the suggestion. with that being said, its not dangerous or wrong to take it on its own
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by sergibob View Post
              Wheyfocus, what's your breakfast like?
              I normally have:
              - 3 whole omega eggs
              -1 rye toast with cheese
              -1/2 banana & 1 kiwi with 200gr greek yog
              -1 large espresso
              - 3 orange triad + 2tbs udo's choice
              this is the light version as I hit the gym 1 hour after
              Well I eat every 2.5 hours or so, so I almost get two breakfasts in before doing stuff in the morning...but my very first one is:
              2 whole eggs, 1 carton of egg whites
              1.5 servings cream of brown rice (oatmeal works as well) with mixed berries for antioxidants
              Oximega and Orange triad
              And I have Purple Wraath all day as a drink. I like keeping BCAAs and Beta Alanine trickling into my system at all times

Edit: that's a decent meal an hour before workout that you posted, but if I were you I might not have the coffee with the meal. Wait for some digestion then take WF (or coffee, altho WF has extra goodies) after youve digested some ~30 min preworkout to take the most advantage of the caffeine and other ingredients during your workout (and to allow maximal effect of the stims).
              Last edited by wheyfocused; 02-03-2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                It shouldn't be a problem to take it on an empty stomach. You may want to try half a scoop to make sure though, everyone is different.
                ^^^^ Bingo, it depends on how sensitive YOUR stomach is....

Comment

Oatmeal/2 scoops of protein/Soy Milk/Oximega Greens = my breakfast of champion
                  CONTROLLED LABS
                  Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
                  Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Working...
                  X