Purple Wraath on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Wraath on the way!

I just ordered purple wraath from bb.com. I am excited to give it a try and compare it to Xtend, which I have used for a few years. My contest coach had me using Xtend in the following protocol, 1 scoop between meals and 2 scoops before and after workouts. I plan to use this same protocol with PW. Is this a good protocol to use with PW? I ask because I know Xtend is just BCAA's and glutamine.
    If you have to tell people how good you are, you probably arent that good.

I'm not sure if it's necessary between meals, but pre- and post-workout would def work

Comment

Originally posted by 5six View Post
      I'm not sure if it's necessary between meals, but pre- and post-workout would def work
      Altho it isnt necessary, amino super dosing seems to be pretty effective. Cant hate on that much leucine

Comment

Originally posted by wheyfocused View Post
        Altho it isnt necessary, amino super dosing seems to be pretty effective. Cant hate on that much leucine
        Can't really argue against that

Comment

pre, intra and post workout is the most important.

just curious, what made you switch?
          REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
          Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
          Purple Psyko
          Gold Feast
          Blue Gene
          Blue Growth
          REDuction AM/PM Shots
          REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
          Orange TRIad
          White Flood (5 Flavors)
          Black Hole
          Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
          Green Bulge
          White Blood 2
          Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
          Blue Up
          Blue Up (Stim-Free)
          GlycerGrow (Elements line)
          CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
          Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

PW during the workout is the best, start sipping pre as other people have said.
            CONTROLLED LABS
            Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
            Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

The main reason I made the switch is the fact that PW contains beta alanine where xtend does not. I use beta alanine at various times throughout the day for endurance and recovery. Having it in a drink I sip throughout the day just made sense and cut out a bottle of pills. I sip my BCAA supplements throughout the day based on research conducted by my coach, Layne Norton. He id an IFPA pro and has his Phd in Amino Acid metabolism. He suggest using small amounts of aminos (1 scoop) in between meals has a greater effect on recovery than large doses twice a day and keeps nitrogen balance positive. I have been doing this for 2 years now and recover much faster from workouts. I do however take the 2-3 scoop dosage pre and post workout as well or anytime I may be doing fasted cardio. During training I use purple in train.
              If you have to tell people how good you are, you probably arent that good.

Comment

Layne know's his stuff! And that's something I might have to try.

Thanks for the feedback, man

Comment

Originally posted by lnc0911 View Post
                  The main reason I made the switch is the fact that PW contains beta alanine where xtend does not. I use beta alanine at various times throughout the day for endurance and recovery. Having it in a drink I sip throughout the day just made sense and cut out a bottle of pills. I sip my BCAA supplements throughout the day based on research conducted by my coach, Layne Norton. He id an IFPA pro and has his Phd in Amino Acid metabolism. He suggest using small amounts of aminos (1 scoop) in between meals has a greater effect on recovery than large doses twice a day and keeps nitrogen balance positive. I have been doing this for 2 years now and recover much faster from workouts. I do however take the 2-3 scoop dosage pre and post workout as well or anytime I may be doing fasted cardio. During training I use purple in train.
                  good reasons, I also prefer EAA over just bcaa

Out Now:
                  Purple Psyko
                  Gold Feast
                  Blue Gene
                  Blue Growth
                  REDuction AM/PM Shots
                  Orange TRIad
                  White Flood (5 Flavors)
                  Black Hole
                  Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                  Green Bulge
                  White Blood 2
                  Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                  Blue Up
                  Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                  GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                  CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                  Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

I've also made the switch from Xtend to PW. Although I've only used 1 tub of Xtend (which is a very good product) I too wanted the added beta-alanine, and the BCAA/EAA mix has me interested.

Like lnc0911, I have BCAA between meals. Though I usually just add 4 scoops to a 2Ltr (70 oz) bottle of water and drink it throughout the day between meals. This kind of usage is making me consider also buying another tub of Xtend, as it is cheaper. So I can have Purple Wraath before, during and after my workout, but have Xtend for the rest of the day. Purple Wraath is just so much more expensive and I'm on such a tight budget that I just can't stretch to it.
                    I live in the UK, and the cheapest place I could find Purple Wraath was from Bodybuilding.com which cost me $33.99 + $22.59 delivery to the UK (I also bought some White Flood, a Controlled Labs T-Shirt and a Green MAGnitude sample). A couple of questions regarding that actually. How come Bodybuilding.com has such lower prices for your products than on your own site? The same 45 serving tub of Purple Wraath costs $67.99 compared to $33.99, I would have thought it would have been even cheaper to buy directly from you? Also on your retailers page you display discount-supplements.co.uk as a seller, but they have been out of stock for ages (not to mention they only seem to supply two products anyway). Maybe give them a bit of a nudge to stock more of your things?

So, at the end of the day, I suppose I'm going to have to buy both Purple Wraath and Xtend.

On the other-hand, I can't wait to start rocking the gym with my new, blue, Controlled Labs T-Shirt! Once it arrives I plan on doing some sort of log (sometime next week hopefully).
                    Brute force without wisdom falls by its own weight.
                    Horace, Odes, iv, 65

Comment

Originally posted by JackM View Post
                      I've also made the switch from Xtend to PW. Although I've only used 1 tub of Xtend (which is a very good product) I too wanted the added beta-alanine, and the BCAA/EAA mix has me interested.

Like lnc0911, I have BCAA between meals. Though I usually just add 4 scoops to a 2Ltr (70 oz) bottle of water and drink it throughout the day between meals. This kind of usage is making me consider also buying another tub of Xtend, as it is cheaper. So I can have Purple Wraath before, during and after my workout, but have Xtend for the rest of the day. Purple Wraath is just so much more expensive and I'm on such a tight budget that I just can't stretch to it.
                      I live in the UK, and the cheapest place I could find Purple Wraath was from Bodybuilding.com which cost me $33.99 + $22.59 delivery to the UK (I also bought some White Flood, a Controlled Labs T-Shirt and a Green MAGnitude sample). A couple of questions regarding that actually. How come Bodybuilding.com has such lower prices for your products than on your own site? The same 45 serving tub of Purple Wraath costs $67.99 compared to $33.99, I would have thought it would have been even cheaper to buy directly from you? Also on your retailers page you display discount-supplements.co.uk as a seller, but they have been out of stock for ages (not to mention they only seem to supply two products anyway). Maybe give them a bit of a nudge to stock more of your things?

So, at the end of the day, I suppose I'm going to have to buy both Purple Wraath and Xtend.

On the other-hand, I can't wait to start rocking the gym with my new, blue, Controlled Labs T-Shirt! Once it arrives I plan on doing some sort of log (sometime next week hopefully).
                      I live in Finland, normally I source CL supps from UK and Sweden. predator nutrition (http://www.predatornutrition.com/cat...olled-labs.cfm) in UK has a great selection of CL supps and the price is not so bad and you get it next day at home. High prices in Europe is something we just need to accept. I had bad experience with www.discount-supplements.co.uk, so I don't buy anymore from them.
                      You may want to check the Swedish supplier as their price for Purple Wraath is a bit cheaper than in UK: http://www.fitnesstukku.fi/5/sv/varu...ontrolled-labs
                      let me know if you have any questions about this
                      here, near to the polar circle, heading towards the long & cold winter ....but I got my CL stack: OT, BG, PW, OX

Comment

Originally posted by sergibob View Post
                        I live in Finland, normally I source CL supps from UK and Sweden. predator nutrition (http://www.predatornutrition.com/cat...olled-labs.cfm) in UK has a great selection of CL supps and the price is not so bad and you get it next day at home. High prices in Europe is something we just need to accept. I had bad experience with www.discount-supplements.co.uk, so I don't buy anymore from them.
                        You may want to check the Swedish supplier as their price for Purple Wraath is a bit cheaper than in UK: http://www.fitnesstukku.fi/5/sv/varu...ontrolled-labs
                        let me know if you have any questions about this
                        Thanks for the reply mate. Yes, it is true, some of the UK sellers have pretty decent prices considering they are imports. But their stock seems so unpredictable alot of the time. Though I wouldn't want to make a habit of shipping supplements from the states, on this particular occasion it made sense. Seeing as the prices are actually quite good $33.99 (£21) for a 45 serving tub and I got also came across a White Flood offer on Bodybuilding.com which had the 50 serving tub $10 off, so I got it for $17.99 (£11). Not to mention that I wanted a CL T-shirt, which are nigh-on impossible to find over here.
                        But you are right, in the long term, it will make more sense to buy from UK distributers.

I checked out that Swedish site, interesting. Though totally un-readable! :P (for someone who doesn't understand Swedish anyhow).

I must say I'm surprised by your bad experience with discount-supplements.co.uk, they are my prefared place to shop these days (alongside www.myprotein.com). What went wrong for you? I've always had great service from them.
                        Horace, Odes, iv, 65

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate. Yes, it is true, some of the UK sellers have pretty decent prices considering they are imports. But their stock seems so unpredictable alot of the time. Though I wouldn't want to make a habit of shipping supplements from the states, on this particular occasion it made sense. Seeing as the prices are actually quite good $33.99 (£21) for a 45 serving tub and I got also came across a White Flood offer on Bodybuilding.com which had the 50 serving tub $10 off, so I got it for $17.99 (£11). Not to mention that I wanted a CL T-shirt, which are nigh-on impossible to find over here.
                          But you are right, in the long term, it will make more sense to buy from UK distributers.

I checked out that Swedish site, interesting. Though totally un-readable! :P (for someone who doesn't understand Swedish anyhow).

I must say I'm surprised by your bad experience with discount-supplements.co.uk, they are my prefared place to shop these days (alongside www.myprotein.com). What went wrong for you? I've always had great service from them.
                          It took over 30 days for them to ship my products even though there were in stock, saying yes we have shiped when they did not. I am mainly using CL supps and as you know their stock and prices are not good. I stick nowadays to predator nutrition and I am very happy.
                          Did you pay any import duties from your order at BB.com?
                          Last edited by sergibob; 02-02-2011, 04:28 AM.
                          here, near to the polar circle, heading towards the long & cold winter ....but I got my CL stack: OT, BG, PW, OX

Comment

Originally posted by sergibob View Post
                            It took over 30 days for them to ship my products even though there were in stock, saying yes we have shiped when they did not. I am mainly using CL supps and as you know their stock and prices are not good. I stick nowadays to predator nutrition and I am very happy.
                            Did you pay any import duties from your order at BB.com?
                            30days, holy crap. I had to wait 5days for dispatch around new year, but I kinda expected that ... I recommend a purchase from them though. Nutrisport 90+ protein - 5kg - Chocolate, bargain price for one the best proteins I've had. I'll try preditor for CL in the future, I like the prices I've seen (still a little steep compared to Xtend for example, especially since I could buy Beta-Alanine for myself and just add it).

I have no idea if I have to pay import duties yet, it was only dispatched last Sunday, I expect it to arrive sometime next week. I'm not expecting import duties, so I really hope not.
                            Last edited by JackM; 02-02-2011, 08:06 AM.
                            Horace, Odes, iv, 65

Comment

we charge full retail direct, some of our retailers choose to discount the products (like bb.com). if we sold it for the same price as they do, they wouldnt want to sell our products for us

any sites that dont have our products post up here and we will contact them, although it helps a lot if customers call or email them to request the products, as they dont like to turn down business. also, our exclusive agent in the UK is body temple and they distribute to the other sites and stores

Out Now:
                              Purple Psyko
                              Gold Feast
                              Blue Gene
                              Blue Growth
                              REDuction AM/PM Shots
                              Orange TRIad
                              White Flood (5 Flavors)
                              Black Hole