What supplements to take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What supplements to take?

I am 34 and have been lifting pretty much my entire life. I have never really done a lot of supplements except the normal stuff like creatine, protein, and Glutamine(SP). THis is the first time I have ever had a hard time recovering and having to take longer periods in between my work outs in order to get max performance. Would like some help with supplementation ie. pre-work out, during work out, recovery, etc.. It would be nice to figure out a good stack to take if anyone has any recomendations.

THANKS

rpeach27

This would be a good stack from CL:
    Orange TRIad (multi)
    Orange OxiMega (fish oil and greens)
    Purple Wraath (BCAA for recovery)
    White Flood (pre-workout stim for energy)
    Blue Gene (more endurance and other goodies)

Add in Green Mag for creatine and some Whey Protein and your pretty much set. All the best mate!

Comment

First off, cover the basics. Get a good multi and fishoil. CL makes great versions of those. Orange Triad and the CL fishoils are both quality.

Now that the basics are covered:
      1) Creatine (green mag or I personally use green bulge)
      2) Purple wraath for the BCAA's around workout time (i prefer 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop intra with 2 scoops purple intrain)
      3) I personally like adding Purple Intrain in during workout along with the Wraath for endurance and muscle sparing effects (not a real requirement, but I personally tell a big difference so take that as you will)
      4) To help combat soreness you really need to get your diet and sleep patterns in check. Those are more important than any supplements you could take.

You could also consider taking a quality pre-workout (whiteflood is my choice when I use preworkouts). But to be totally honest, I don't really believe preworkouts are that necessary, I feel a lot better when I'm not taking any. But if you feel you prefer one, go with WF. It doesnt have the garbage additives a lot of the preworkouts have on the market today.

Comment

So as I have been doing my reasearch lately the Purple Intrain has come up quite a bit and sounds like a good product so I actually will get this product. What is the difference in taking just a regular creatine with grape juice and the green bulge you guys suggest? Might be a silly question but like I said before I have been pretty streamlined in my supplements. You are 100% right on getting the sleeping and diet down as that has been the hardest thing to do. Some guys at the gym have been telling me about some BioTest products but damn they are expensive and quite honestly from what I see on the internet about them they don't seem to be that great! Any thoughts here? Any test products that you would suggest or are they all just not that good?

Comment

Originally posted by wheyfocused View Post
          First off, cover the basics. Get a good multi and fishoil. CL makes great versions of those. Orange Triad and the CL fishoils are both quality.

Now that the basics are covered:
          1) Creatine (green mag or I personally use green bulge)
          2) Purple wraath for the BCAA's around workout time (i prefer 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop intra with 2 scoops purple intrain)
          3) I personally like adding Purple Intrain in during workout along with the Wraath for endurance and muscle sparing effects (not a real requirement, but I personally tell a big difference so take that as you will)
          4) To help combat soreness you really need to get your diet and sleep patterns in check. Those are more important than any supplements you could take.

You could also consider taking a quality pre-workout (whiteflood is my choice when I use preworkouts). But to be totally honest, I don't really believe preworkouts are that necessary, I feel a lot better when I'm not taking any. But if you feel you prefer one, go with WF. It doesnt have the garbage additives a lot of the preworkouts have on the market today.
          Good post. AWESOME body bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Seroph4x View Post
            Good post. AWESOME body bro!
            Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by rpeach27 View Post
              So as I have been doing my reasearch lately the Purple Intrain has come up quite a bit and sounds like a good product so I actually will get this product. What is the difference in taking just a regular creatine with grape juice and the green bulge you guys suggest? Might be a silly question but like I said before I have been pretty streamlined in my supplements. You are 100% right on getting the sleeping and diet down as that has been the hardest thing to do. Some guys at the gym have been telling me about some BioTest products but damn they are expensive and quite honestly from what I see on the internet about them they don't seem to be that great! Any thoughts here? Any test products that you would suggest or are they all just not that good?

No real reason to take second gen creatines with a fast carb such as grape juice...isnt really needed with green bulge (you can still do it if you wish). Green bulge uses other forms of creatine aside from standard creatine mono. The idea is that they cause less bloating, less stomach upset, are more efficacious for those that are creatine non-responsive and are encapsulated in the green bulge instance. I've tried most of the notable products on the market today, Controlled Labs products are better than BioTest in my opinion and are acquired at a much better price. You could always try both out and compare then stick with what you like. I personally am not a BioTest fan.

As far as Test products go, I don't currently take them or have much experience with them. If I were you I'd check for a stim free test booster tho. (Blue up has a stim free line here, but I couldnt tell you how it compares to other test boosters on the market)
              Last edited by wheyfocused; 01-03-2011, 01:32 AM.

Comment

from bio test I have only tried tribex blue, IMO over priced and not worth the money. I have better results (feeling better to train and for sex) from a good multi like Orange triad and adding on training days 2 caps of ZMA before going to sleep it also helps to have a good relaxing sleep and to recover.

good sugestion from wheyfocused, stick to the foundation supps and add few to give you th extra boost (like purple wrath, intrain) you will not be disappointed with controlled labs.
                here, near to the polar circle, heading towards the long & cold winter ....but I got my CL stack: OT, BG, PW, OX

Comment

yeah, def get the basics first like orange triad and orange oximega box set. for recovery look into purple wraath
                  REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                  Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                  Purple Psyko
                  Gold Feast
                  Blue Gene
                  Blue Growth
                  REDuction AM/PM Shots
                  REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                  Orange TRIad
                  White Flood (5 Flavors)
                  Black Hole