Crossfitters irritate me!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossfitters irritate me!!!!!!

I am all for people finding something they enjoy that keeps them active, healthy, and in shape. However using the only sqaut rack in the weight room for 35 minutes to do sit ups, pullups, pushups, and body weight only sqauts is ridiculous. Crossfitters use a cross fit facility and get out of the sqaut rack, people would like to use it!
    If you have to tell people how good you are, you probably arent that good.

and use it for what? bicep curls? "

What did they use the rack for, pull ups?
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

lol oh snap.

Agreed though, in a non-cross fit gym, you need to be cognizant of who else is working out around you. Then again, I spend 1 hour to 1.5 hours at the squat rack per workout.
      CONTROLLED LABS
      Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
      Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Crossfitters can really irritate me but guys curling in the squat rack trumps them. Especially on ME Lower body day.
        "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
        CFD

Comment

Yes, people doing bicep curls in the squat rack irritates me too, it just happened that day I warmed up for legs on the bike and in the mean time a cross fitter gets in the quat rack. I had to wait 40 minutes to even get my workout started. And no, bull.dogz, lol, I am not doing bicep curls in the squat rack. People with the big arm jokes, sheesh!
          If you have to tell people how good you are, you probably arent that good.

Comment

laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

I curled in the squat rack today... like a boss.
              CONTROLLED LABS
              Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
              Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by lnc0911 View Post
                I am all for people finding something they enjoy that keeps them active, healthy, and in shape. However using the only sqaut rack in the weight room for 35 minutes to do sit ups, pullups, pushups, and body weight only sqauts is ridiculous. Crossfitters use a cross fit facility and get out of the sqaut rack, people would like to use it!
                Can you not share the squat rack? Just walk up to the guy, ask him if you can swap between each others sets, being a decent guy he will have no problem with that and you both have a merry little workout.

... Am I missing something?

(I'm not fully aware of what cross fitting exactly is, other than it is some random workout program of some sort)
                Last edited by JackM; 02-01-2011, 02:30 PM.
                Brute force without wisdom falls by its own weight.
                Horace, Odes, iv, 65

Comment

Actually Im not big on sharing a squat rack myself. Im very generous in life but when it come to training in the gym, I want to focus without interruptions. Sharing a squat rack with anyone(especially somebody doing barbell curls) pisses me off so I dont bother. If Im asked to share, Ill tell them Ill be done soon. But if you can do share well in the gym then more power to you!
                  "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                  CFD

Comment

Fair enough. I train at a private (read: small) gym which pretty much only has one of everything, 1 Smith Machine, 1 EZ bar, 1 Leg extension ... you get the idea. So sharing is par-for-the-course at my place. Being a smaller place also means it attracts the more 'dedicated' weight lifters, as we have a larger, more commercial place, in the next town. Which the 'new year guilt trippers' and 'summer six-packers' tend to gravitate towards.
                    Saying all that though, I do still try to aim for the earlier sessions to avoid the crowds and have the place pretty much to myself.
                    Brute force without wisdom falls by its own weight.
                    Horace, Odes, iv, 65

Comment

I do pushups in the squat rack, feels safer

Comment

Working...
                      X