Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the ultimate Controlled Labs stack for Martial arts training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the ultimate Controlled Labs stack for Martial arts training?

What is the ultimate Controlled Labs stack for Martial arts training? I do Taekwondo and I am training towards obtaining my 2nd Dan.

I need supplements that provide lots of energy, endurance, strength, focus, intensity etc.

I am looking at getting the right balance between speed and strength, so I cannot be too bulky. I want to be very strong but not lose out on my speed.

Please tell me what would be the most cost effective stack, and also the best full blown stack you could buy from you guys if money was no problem.

Thanks,

Matt
    Last edited by Seroph4x; 12-18-2010, 03:00 AM.

Are you looking for something more in off-season training or during in-season?

Comment

honestly for martial arts, for energy i would take white flood, however only dose it between .5-1 scoops, stack that with purple wrath or intrain during for endurance, other then that orange triad, greens, and fish oil should be all you need for that.

Comment

In season. Thanks for the replies so far.

Comment

For basic and necessary supplements, I'd consider things such as: Orange TRIad, which is a multi; Oximega Greens and Fish Oil.

But also important for extended periods of training, I'd look into Purple Wraath, it has BCAAs and will help with endurance. If you're looking more of a stim product to kick off the energy, you can look into WF. Also, I'd think Blue Gene is mighty important, too

And for other stacking considerations, you can look here: http://controlledlabs.com/show.php?s...tacking%20Info

Also, if you have any other questions, dude. Just ask
          Last edited by 5six; 12-19-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

My pick would be for endurance.

Purple Wraath or Purple InTrain.

This with GM. is what I would personally do.
            CONTROLLED LABS
            Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
            Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

purple wraath and blue gene for those goals
              REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
              Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
              Purple Psyko
              Gold Feast
              Blue Gene
              Blue Growth
              REDuction AM/PM Shots
              REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
              Orange TRIad
              White Flood (5 Flavors)
              Black Hole
              Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
              Green Bulge
              White Blood 2
              Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
              Blue Up
              Blue Up (Stim-Free)
              GlycerGrow (Elements line)
              CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
              Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

How does these stack's look?

Ultimate:
                Orange TRIad (multi)
                Orange OxiMega (fish oil and greens)
                Purple Wraath (BCAA for recovery)
                White Flood (pre-workout stim for energy)
                Blue Gene (more endurance and other goodies)

Basic: (due to costs)
                Orange TRIad (multi)
                Orange OxiMega (fish oil and greens)
                Purple Wraath (BCAA for recovery) (I get HAMMERED with my training, this is a MUST! If i recovered faster I could do so much more)

And add a protein shake post workout for both stacks? I have some international protein power that I use post. Training for TKD starts again on the 5th of Jan, but I am still doing weights (heavy weights). I really need some advice on the right routine from someone too, because I think I should be doing lighter weights with higher reps to get more speed and not get too bulked, but then again I am getting good gains in strength with the current routine I am using.
                Last edited by Seroph4x; 12-20-2010, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Either or, the stack choices are good man. Perferably the Ultimate stack, however. With the BG and WF in there, you'll notice a difference, for sure

Comment

from my experience i would go with the basic stack above, and take a small whey shake before training. a shake before was one of the most night and day differences between training i ever noticed

Comment

Sounds nice.

Comment

I don't take "small" anything. I'm bulking and eat like crazy including lots of protein shakes.

Comment

I'm a martial artist as well. I"ve been training for close to 10 years. I study Chinese martial arts, mainly an art called Xingyiquan.

I would say the supplement recommendations above are all very good.

The big ones IMO would be:
                          Purple WRAATH + Nootropic of your choice
                          Orange TRIAD + Orange Oximega

The PW will increase endurance and strength,
                          the Orange stack will keep your joints healthy (waigong or "hard external exercises" -- such as the impact of kicking a bag over and over will play hell on your joints when you are older. The OT's joint complex will be a big help.

The nootropics (my favorite is Choline + Piracetam) will give you incredible focus, which is huge in martial arts. You could also switch these out for White FLOOD, which tastes a million times better than Piracetam (unless you like the taste of pennies.)

Congrats on the 2nd dan... you must be very dedicated. Keep up the good work
                          Last edited by RenegadeRows; 01-19-2011, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seroph4x View Post
                            Training for TKD starts again on the 5th of Jan, but I am still doing weights (heavy weights). I really need some advice on the right routine from someone too, because I think I should be doing lighter weights with higher reps to get more speed and not get too bulked, but then again I am getting good gains in strength with the current routine I am using.
                            I've studied alot on this subject. Lifting light weight for speed is a MYTH.
                            Heavy weights work your fast twitch muscles, which equates to speed. DIET is what seperates being bulky and strong, or lean and strong.
                            Lifting light weight for high reps will only improve endurance.

There is a book called The Art of Expressing the Human Body, which is about Bruce Lee's training. He would lift heavy weights (5-8 rep range), doing exercises such as deadlifts, squats, and the basic core exercises...coupled with isometric exercises and isolation exercises.

The main thing I would advise to you is to stay limber and stretch as much as you strengthen. Everyone should do this, but especially martial artists. The idea that "bigger muscles make you slower" is a fallacy, and the idea of "lifting light to stay fast" is a waste of time, and a common misconception. Most athletes, except long distance runners and endurance athletes mostly train with heavy weights.
                            Last edited by RenegadeRows; 01-19-2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X