L-Glutamine anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-Glutamine anyone???

Any thoughts on the importance of glutamine. I have been taking 5-10g. daily off and on for the past couple of years. I have never noticed any detectable benefit from glutamine and I have noticed it is not a key ingredient, if at all in the CL supps. Thanks guys!

For gut health it might be alright. Despite the fact it is one of the most abundant amino acids in muscle tissues, the claims and studies for recovery and healing are spotty at best.

Comment

L-Glutamine...PW/GB/WB stack

Thanks, I have to agree that I can't get excited about glutamine. Anyways, I just added PW to my GB/WB stack. I love them all so far! Definitely seems to be turbo-charging my weight training and mountain biking both BIG TIME.

Comment

Originally posted by AJM
        Thanks, I have to agree that I can't get excited about glutamine. Anyways, I just added PW to my GB/WB stack. I love them all so far! Definitely seems to be turbo-charging my weight training and mountain biking both BIG TIME.
        Great to hear !

Comment

do glutamine stores correlate to glutamate?

if so; glutamine supplementation will pave very unique increases in terms of mental functioning

Comment

Originally posted by AJM
            Any thoughts on the importance of glutamine.
            1) It's important

2) You should be getting PLENTY from whey protein

Comment

I use it a lot for cutting phases. I feel that it helps me maintain my muscle mass while dropping my body fat % down.

Comment

immune help

I can't give you a reference but I remember reading about a study where they gave distance runners (who tend to be prone to bronchitis) glutamine and found those who didn't get the placebo stayed healthier. It was called "the effect of L-glutamine supplementation in endurance athletes and the frequency of upper-respiratory infections," or something like that...

Comment

i believe additional l-glutamine is always pointless.

glutamine peptides have benefits during cutting phases, nothing else.

at all other times, you should be fine with glutamine from protein sources.

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas! I think the glutamine in my protein powders should be adequate.

Comment

Working...
                    X