Rollin thru 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollin thru 2010

Well after about 6-8months, I decided to get back into logging my days. I just recently completed 4 weeks of additional fire training. Through that, I did not get to touch a weight once! Although I had plenty of heavy lifting, my strength levels dropped drastically due to poor diet(usually since I couldnt cook) and miles upon miles of running every morning. So when I got back, test some of my lifts, and looked at where I want to head, I decided I should get back to logging. I keep a workout journal, which I write alot in, but this will help me further gather my thoughts. So anyway, since Im off shift tomorrow, I decided Ill start in then. Im looking forward to it!
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

Sweet! Looking forward to it.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Incline Bench Press- 5rm 185

DB Floor Press- 2x60lbx19,17

DB Row- 4x65lbx8
      supersetted w/
      Band Pulls(with EFS Pro mini bands)- 3x12

Barbell Curl-3x80x6

Hangin Leg Raise
      supersetted w/
      Standing Crunch

Training Thoughts
      Very, very, disappointing day. My strength levels have been drastically reduced. Before I went thru the fire training for 4 weeks, my 5rm for incline bench was 255. But thats ok. I made it there once and I can do it again. Next workout will be lower body so we'll see what has happened there.

Other than training
      Well one thing that didnt help with my workout was the little sleep I had last night. We got called out around 1am for a trash can on fire. Thats right. A trash can on fire. And worse than that; the authorities(police) decided that we should standby at the site since they believe it was a group of teen pyromaniacs who have been doing similar arsonal crimes around the area. Well we got back around 5-6am and about 1hr was my workout. Its certainly no excuse but it sure didnt help. Looking forward to bring the weights back up!
      CFD

Comment

Very quick workout:

Barbell Squat-5rm 275

Lying single leg curls- 4x55x4

Training notes:
        And that was it. I suffered an injury about 4 and a half months on on my lower legs at work so getting back to my original max on squat (445 I believe?) will take awhile. Today I started to feel pain in my left ham so I ended it with leg curls(which I hardly do) and scrapped the rest of my workout due to frustration. When youve reached a certain point and then you are thrown back, its challenging. But I still enjoy it greatly so I will manage. I have one more workout (upper body) to end my first week back to training.

Other things:
        My fiancee and I have less than two months to our wedding so its getting exciting yet frustrating. Plus she is currently moving into a new home(which will be our home) so that adds on to my list of chores. But I look forward to spending the rest of my life with her!
        CFD

Comment

I'm in for this - congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!
          We'll see how this goes...

Comment

Ah, congrats!!
            laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
              I'm in for this - congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!
              Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
              Ah, congrats!!
              Thanks guys. Im really looking forward to it
              CFD

Comment

Stay patient man. Getting back into the swing is often accompanied by humbling lifting and aches. Just keep the consistency and train smart. And, yeah congrats on your engagement!! That's an exciting time.
                **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
                http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
                http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by rich55 View Post
                  Stay patient man. Getting back into the swing is often accompanied by humbling lifting and aches. Just keep the consistency and train smart. And, yeah congrats on your engagement!! That's an exciting time.
                  Thanks bro. It is a humbling experience. Its definitely a time where putting aside pride and lowering your weight is most important. But it will come through alright.

5min jog
                  Sprints:
                  3- 20yrd
                  3- 30yrd
                  4- 40yrd

Thoughts:
                  The past several days has been very busy between both jobs, moving, and the wedding. Tomorrow the plan is to hit a Maximal Upper Body, which Im pumped about. Lately my diet has been sloppy. I hardly ever eat like many powerlifters so having a clean diet is important. Alot of that is due to not having a settled place to eat and sleep. But by the end of this week, that should be alot better. Exciting things have yet to come!
                  CFD

Comment

For 7/21

Incline Bench Press- 5rm 195

Flat DB Bench Press- 4x12 65x4

Thoughts:
                    Yes that was not supposed to be the end of my workout. Right before my workout, I just go back from a rather long call. I probably hadnt eatin for about 5hrs at that time and I didnt have any type of food with me before I workout. So me being hypoglycemic, I lost all energy after the bench press and got extremely dizzy and shaky. A very horrible feeling. Today is legs so it should go alot better.

This week has been hectic with moving, weddings, and work. I am gaining control of it all and just being at the gym helps relieve stress. Today has been a good day so far and my 24hr shift ended 10min ago so I have no excuses for missing a good workout!
                    Last edited by farmerson12; 07-22-2010, 10:40 AM.
                    CFD

Comment

Today: M.E Lower
                      Barbell Squat (butt all the way to ankles)- 4rm 295

Bulgarian Split Squat(with DBs)- 3x12 40lbs DB's-I hate them like the devil

Weighted Hyperextensions- 4x10 45lb plate

Barbell Shrugs- 3x6 315x3

Wrist Roller- 3x3(one rep is one fully twisted up then back down) 15lbx3

Thoughts:
                      Not a bad day today. I prolly could of done alil more on squats but I played safe. Split squats were pure brutal. I had my fiancee work out with me today. Although Im not always excited about that, it went real well. She can hold her own even over some guys so it wasnt to bad. Tomorrow Ill finish out this crazy week with one more Upper Body workout.
                      CFD

Comment

Repetition work:

Barbell Bench Press(bout 45% of max)- 3x (max reps) 20, 20, 16

Lying DB Skullcrushers- 4x5 40lb db'sx4

Neutral Grip Lat Pulldown w/ Fat Gripz- 4x8 145x4(gotta love Fat Gripz)

DB Lateral Raise- 3x10 17 1/2 x1, 20x1, 25x1(could of done 3 full sets of 25's but wasnt sure at first)

Hammer Curl- 3x8 35x3
                        Triset. 3x
                        Crunches x10
                        Hanging Leg Raises x8
                        Slow Negatives Body Raises x5 ( no clue what these are called. Soemthing Kane has done)

Thoughts
                        Great workout! Everything felt great. DOMS have hit my legs pretty hard, which is rough during fire duties, but Im workin through it. Not much else to mention. May do some cardio after church tomorrow but we will see.
                        CFD

Comment

7/25 Sunday:

Yoga-15min (Good Lord I lost my flexibility)

Bike- 15min Intervals

Run- 10min Intervals

Great day of rest and relaxation

Today- M.E Upper

Barbell Bench Press w/ Fat Gripz- 5rm- 195

Incline DB Press- 4x6 65, 70x3

T-Bar Row- 4x8 105x4 supersetted w/

Reverse Pec Dec- 3x15 80x3

Barbell Shrugs- 3x8 225x3(took it easy today on these)

Incline DB Curl- 4x6 30x4

Thoughts
                          Overall decent day. Bench press was dissappointing but I got to remember that I lost alot over the past 3months. Other than that, not bad. I havent mentioned supplementation yet but I am just on Green Bulge(other than the essentials like Fish oil, multi vit, and protein powder). Soon Ill be getting back on a stronger stack. I have plenty of room in my budget for all of that but Ive been penny pinching since I getting a stretch of land on my ranch ready for my wife and I to live on so everything else is taking a back seat.
                          CFD

Comment

Looking good, man! How do you like the Fat Gripz?
                            We'll see how this goes...

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
                              Looking good, man! How do you like the Fat Gripz?
                              Thanks bro. I love em. They're so versatile. There arent many excercises that you cant use them in conjunction with and benefit from. If you have enough room in your wallet to purchase some, think about it. They are a great investment imo
                              CFD

Comment

Working...
                              X