Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whey Shortages/Price Increase -- Golden Gains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whey Shortages/Price Increase -- Golden Gains?

Just curious if this supposed whey shortage/price increase will be affecting Golden Gains and if so how much...? Should I be stocking up? lol I don't want to go lurking into dark alleys to get my GGs fix...
    ~Julie

Currently Taking:
    - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Originally posted by JC32 View Post
    Just curious if this supposed whey shortage/price increase will be affecting Golden Gains and if so how much...? Should I be stocking up? lol I don't want to go lurking into dark alleys to get my GGs fix...

I'll meet you in the Alley.

Comment

haha. no planned price increase at this point. I heard one of the large companies buying up all the whey discontinued the product already
      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
      Purple Psyko
      Gold Feast
      Blue Gene
      Blue Growth
      REDuction AM/PM Shots
      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
      Orange TRIad
      White Flood (5 Flavors)
      Black Hole
      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
      Green Bulge
      White Blood 2
      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
      Blue Up
      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs View Post
        haha. no planned price increase at this point. I heard one of the large companies buying up all the whey discontinued the product already
        Be sure to watch me on A&E's Intervention. Golden Gain abuse.

Comment

Woah woah woah. I havent heard of this. If there a link to somewhere that talks about it?
          "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
          CFD

Comment

I don't have a link. I just know the cliffs version. lol Something about Coke & Pepsi came up with this "genius" idea to make their own protein shakes. So, they bought up a very large percentage of the Whey in the US. This is supposedly going to cause a shortage in Whey, thus dramatically increasing the prices. This is why XF is having another Big Hugeness. Bc according to them, the prices will never be this cheap again. (Though I'm sure this helps them sell a lot of protein real quick too, lol.) But as T mentioned, the word is one of the 2 has already scrapped the product. Knowing how the economy works, there will probably be an increase for a while during the shortage... and then it will go back down, but not to what it is now.

There is probably someone else that can explain it better than that. lol
            ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Wow that is insane. How hope most of it isnt true
              "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
              CFD

Comment

I'm betting those drinks will suck balls. Then be off the shelf. And end up at the 99 cent store.
                Last edited by conda; 07-09-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
                  Be sure to watch me on A&E's Intervention. Golden Gain abuse.
                  that is no joking matter
                  I don't have a link. I just know the cliffs version. lol Something about Coke & Pepsi came up with this "genius" idea to make their own protein shakes. So, they bought up a very large percentage of the Whey in the US. This is supposedly going to cause a shortage in Whey, thus dramatically increasing the prices. This is why XF is having another Big Hugeness. Bc according to them, the prices will never be this cheap again. (Though I'm sure this helps them sell a lot of protein real quick too, lol.) But as T mentioned, the word is one of the 2 has already scrapped the product. Knowing how the economy works, there will probably be an increase for a while during the shortage... and then it will go back down, but not to what it is now.

There is probably someone else that can explain it better than that. lol
                  the price of raw WPC has doubled in the past year or so, but most of that was within the last 6 months. when I see companies selling finished products (flavoring, bottling, labor, profit, etc) at 5 dollars per pound, I scratch my head as wpc costs $3.30-$4.00 a pound and that is if you can get any (that is by the truckload for that price)
                  REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                  Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                  Purple Psyko
                  Gold Feast
                  Blue Gene
                  Blue Growth
                  REDuction AM/PM Shots
                  REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                  Orange TRIad
                  White Flood (5 Flavors)
                  Black Hole
                  Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                  Green Bulge
                  White Blood 2
                  Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                  Blue Up
                  Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                  GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                  CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                  Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs View Post
                    that is no joking matter

the price of raw WPC has doubled in the past year or so, but most of that was within the last 6 months. when I see companies selling finished products (flavoring, bottling, labor, profit, etc) at 5 dollars per pound, I scratch my head as wpc costs $3.30-$4.00 a pound and that is if you can get any (that is by the truckload for that price)
                    Anaconda can be on Intervention, I'll be on Horders. Bc if there becomes a shortage of GGs... I'm gettin it all. lol Anaconda and I will be backing a semi up to the CL docks. lol (Like the lady in the Ikea commercial - if you've seen it.)

Is that price increase due to the "shortage" or just an increase with the associated processing? I just don't want to see companies to pre-maturely start hiking prices and causing a panic. It is sort of like when a big snow storm is headed to your area, so everybody runs to the grocery store to buy buy buy and the stores have increased the price on everything... then the storm misses. lol

And just another thought, if Coke or Pepsi did scrap the idea... wouldn't they try to unload a lot of the Whey they just bought (what was unused)? Thus, shortage semi-diverted?? lol
                    ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Or we could just use a furry van like Dumb & Dumber. Just don't mess with seabass.

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
                        Or we could just use a furry van like Dumb & Dumber. Just don't mess with seabass.
                        The shaggin wagon!!!
                        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

The shaggin wagon!!!
                          Hot

Comment

Note to self, don't buy cheap whey.
                            CONTROLLED LABS
                            Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
                            Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

The shaggin wagon!!!
                              IN !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X