Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since I gave up on my last logging effort...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made it to the second krav class last night. I wish I would have gotten to both - hitting the intro class first really helps me feel more warmed up. This was one of my first nights really working ground fighting. That stuff will wear you out! I woke up feeling like I had slept in a ball last night.

Anyway...this morning...

Stepmill: 55 stories in 10 minutes
    Arc Trainer: 0.69 miles in 10 minutes
    Free Motion Weighted Crunch: 15x145; 15x145; 15x145; 15x145
    Elliptical: 2.40 miles in 10 minutes
    Stationary Bike: 7.60 miles in 20 minutes
    We'll see how this goes...

Comment

I've managed to make a new friend through using a powerlifting routine. This guy who I've seen a number of times has taken me under his wing as far as deadlifting goes, which is good, since I have the least experience with that lift. My rep schemes may not follow the WS4SB outline exactly, but he seriously helped me with my form last week, and this week hitting a new 1RM did not feel as difficult as I thought it would.

Deadlift: 8x135; 6x185; 5x225; 5x275; 3x315; 1x365; 1x405; 3x315; 5x275
      Alternating Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curl: 10x30; 10x35; 10x35; 10x40
      Upright Row: 10x95; 10x95; 10x95; 10x95
      Standing Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extension: 6x65; 6x65; 6x70; 6x70
      Standing Calf Press: 20x285; 20x285; 20x285; 20x285
      Elliptical: 2.52 miles in 10 minutes

Comment

Have I ever told anyone that I bruise extremely easily? This is the aftermath of this morning's session:

People seriously think I've been in a full-out street fight some days after krav sessions.

Comment

Lol, I do too!!
          laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

The last girl I dated gave me a bunch of crap (jokingly) forever because she punched me in the arm and it left a mark for about two weeks.

Comment

Interestingly enough, I've gone from 165 pounds to 159 pounds in the last two weeks. I'm trying to put on some muscle, so I'll have to rethink how much I'm eating a little bit. When I started this, I actually increased my calories by a couple hundred (from an amount that had been keeping my weight pretty steady) with that goal in mind, but apparently I'm burning even more than that. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
                Interestingly enough, I've gone from 165 pounds to 159 pounds in the last two weeks. I'm trying to put on some muscle, so I'll have to rethink how much I'm eating a little bit. When I started this, I actually increased my calories by a couple hundred (from an amount that had been keeping my weight pretty steady) with that goal in mind, but apparently I'm burning even more than that. Hmmm...
                That is what the majority of the public do not realize. You burn more calories when lifting heavier weights. So many have gotten caught up in the "more reps, slimmer body!" mentality. Just doesnt work like that. Awesome job man
                "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                CFD

Comment

Thanks. Today was a good day to realize I can use some more calories. My sister and I cooked a gigantic Fathers Day dinner for my step-dad: margarita glazed chicken breasts, rice, black beans, homemade guacamole, tortilla chips, and baked asparagus. Needless to say, I ate more than my fair share and entered a mini food coma.

Comment

Bench Press: 8x45; 8x95; 6x135; 6x185; 6x185; 5x205; 5x215; 3x225; 3x235
                    Incline Dumbbell Press: 8x60; 8x65; 8x65; 8x70
                    T-Bar Row: 12x115; 12x135; 12x135; 12x135
                    Rear Delt Fly Machine: 15x85; 15x85; 15x85
                    Preacher Curl: 10x65; 10x75; 10x75; 10x75
                    Elliptical: 2.51 miles in 10 minutes

This morning felt GOOD! Apart from the gurgling in my stomach that surfaced during my incline DB presses, which I'm sure is a result of the rice and beans from last night. Oh well, sorry for that bit of oversharing.

Anyway, I'm really pumped about my progress so far. My shoulder is pretty much good now except when doing a few movements, mostly delt stuff, when I can still feel it a bit. I'm hoping the shoulder is looser during squats tomorrow. I don't want to feel like I did last week, when I didn't push my legs because I was afraid of the way my shoulder was holding up.

Comment

Squat: 8x45; 8x135; 8x185; 5x225; 5x275; 5x315; 5x315; 3x365
                      Bulgarian Split Squat (back leg elevated, holding dumbbells): 12x55; 12x55; 12x55; 12x60
                      Lying Leg Curl: 8x130; 8x140; 8x140; 8x140
                      Plate Pinch Grip: 3 timed sets to failure holding one 45 pound plate
                      Standing Calf Press: 20x285; 20x285; 20x285; 20x285
                      Elliptical: 2.55 miles in 10 minutes

So, my shoulder is still giving me trouble during squats. I found that it pulls less if I use a narrower grip on the bar. I have to get used to the balance with that, though. The three reps at 365 were more solid this week, but still nowhere near the point where I would feel comfortable going for anything heavier. On the other hand, I'm starting to really like the Bulgarian squats, and getting accustomed to the balance and weight distribution needed to a) stay upright, and b) work both the hamstring and quad.

I didn't really push the squat up, but I'm happy with this morning.

Also, I've increased my calorie consumption a bit, so we'll see after a few weeks what that does.

Comment

Stepmill: 55 stories in 10 minutes
                        Arc Trainer: 0.69 miles in 10 minutes
                        Free Motion Weighted Crunch: 15x145; 15x145; 15x145; 15x145
                        Elliptical: 2.39 miles in 10 minutes
                        Stationary Bike: 7.59 miles in 20 minutes

Not too much to say about the workout, but it should be a good day. I took off from work. My sister has her graduation from cosmetology school, so the family is going to support her in that. After that, it should be a restful afternoon...unless I find something to get into...

Comment

I've felt good today. I'll tell you what, those extra few hundred calories keep me really full. Anyway, legs feeling a little sore. I think that my quads are still growing - I'm just not experiencing as much soreness with them as I used to. I guess that's good news!

Comment

Incline Bench Press: 36x95; 26x95; 25x95
                            EZ Bar Pushdown: 8x85; 8x90; 8x95; 8x95
                            Lat Pull: 10x165; 10x170; 10x170; 10x170
                            Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 12x45; 12x45; 12x45
                            EZ Bar Curl: 10x65; 10x65; 10x65; 10x65
                            Dumbbell Shrug: 12x90; 12x90; 12x90
                            Elliptical: 2.50 miles in 10 minutes

All I have to say is that for some reason, I really felt exhausted this morning. Oh well. Also, I must have really pushed my legs harder than I thought on Tuesday - my quads were yelling while I was on the elliptical. I'm not too excited about how this session went, but it happens, I guess :/

Comment

I have to get over the fact that I almost feel bad about eating as much as I am this week...mostly because I haven't eaten that much daily in a long time.

Anyway, not able to get to any krav this week

I'm excited that tomorrow's Friday, though!

Comment

You and me both! hello weekend.
                                laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Working...
                                X